Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That badged really kills an otherwise simple yet nice Xbox branding. MS if you are lurking please make it (a lot) smaller on a corner.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
That Optimized badge has a limited life span regardless. After the first year or so it wont be needed anymore.

larryfox

Apr 27, 2020
Only issue with the box is the optimized badge is too big, everything else is clean. Curious to see what a next gen only game box looks like.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I have to say, it is Indeed ugly! Good thing is I have Game Pass and will certainly buy less physical games as a result!

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
eos8za69kfa51.png

uvt2h8dfjfa51.png

Loving this style of box art. Looks really nice and clean.

SOURCE

im prob going mostly digital but those are sexy as

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With digital downloads, Gamepass and xcloud I think this is the first generation that I will not have a physical collection. It's weird because I held out for so long as a collector but digital gaming is just so much more convenient. Especially on the Xbox. We already do it with our photos, Music, movies, contacts, documents, etc. that it just was a matter of time.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
With digital downloads, Gamepass and xcloud I think this is the first generation that I will not have a physical collection. It's weird because I held out for so long as a collector but digital gaming is just so much more convenient. Especially on the Xbox. We already do it with our photos, Music, movies, contacts, documents, etc. that it just was a matter of time.
I think it makes sense with xsx more than ever, where you can have like 5 games playing at a time. Wouldn't be possible with physical

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I think it makes sense with xsx more than ever, where you can have like 5 games playing at a time. Wouldn't be possible with physical
Oh.. that's a really good point that I hadn't considered. You can only really take advantage of Quick Resume if you're digital. Granted, most people aren't going to be playing that many games at a time - unless they have Game Pass and/or Gold - which are the other biggest reasons to be digital lol.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I like the animation on how Series X turns into the diamond badge, but I don't really care for it, and it is a little too big on the box.

One thing that is very peculiar to me is that it says Xbox One and Series X. What about Lockhart? Is that just going to be added on or is there more to the story.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Oh.. that's a really good point that I hadn't considered. You can only really take advantage of Quick Resume if you're digital. Granted, most people aren't going to be playing that many games at a time - unless they have Game Pass and/or Gold - which are the other biggest reasons to be digital lol.
Only time I think I would is in between MP matches but idk how that works with inactivity where you are generally kicked from the party if you're not playing the game

Jan 4, 2018
OG Xbox box covers were the best. Clean + lemon green XBOX letters and logo on a large black background.

9494-halo-combat-evolved-xbox-front-cover.jpg

I never liked the Xbox One box covers. I would have prefered new box covers for the XSX.

Last edited:

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How are the Fable games? Never played any so I can't be hyped for an announcement

Fable 1 was a bit of a let down after all the hype. Fable 2 was fun. Fable 3 was very mediocre.

But these games were made my Lionhead and released over a decade ago.

The new Fable is made by a brand new team at Playground Games and will probably be inspired by games like Witcher 3 and Horizon, as well as taking nods from the old Fable games.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
someone designed a fan art cover of Forza Horizon awhile back. Anyone still have it or have a link to it?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

yeah i have been digital for a while.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Is Microsoft going to leave all of their series incomplete on PC?
  • Fable 2 & 3
  • Forza Horizon 1 & 2
  • Gears 2 & 3
  • Halo 5

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
After viewing Ubisofts show, anything after ten minutes is to long to demo a game. Halo should be shown for ten minutes or so. They were spoiling Valhalla during that show. I had to turn it off.

I'm already sold on the game and don't want it spoiled

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
Man that big logo is so bad.

Everything from top to bottom (except rating and publisher) should be at the back of the case.
I understand they do that to get the attention of the common customer, but they should do like the 3DS cases, where the compatible hardware was at the back. Also the "4K" and "HDR" don't mean anything, they are just there as buzz words.

Jun 15, 2020
Seriously, all that nonsense could just be put on the back of the box. I feel like we're slowly hitting Batman Arkham City meme levels with all the redundant information Microsoft is shoving on the front of the box.

I'm all digital, so I don't have a dog in this fight. But maybe since more people are buying online, even physical games, they're thinking that people don't look at the back of the box?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i wish ms would put the fable games onto pc gamepass

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019
Wahey, nice to be in the holy thread. May we have ample teases, jolly hype and great games

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those cases are truly atrocious.

Add it to the list of things that, for me at least, makes this gen feel so stale and just like an upgraded Xbox One.

Give me some snazzy new game cases with a different theme, new controller, new UI, etc.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
All this stuff about the game covers and I personally don't care at all. I get it, but damn. It's all about digital for me anyway.

Anyway, that Watch_Dogs Legion gameplay video, 8 minutes long is great. It shows what you can expect from the game and what more could you ask for. If they show Halo Infinite like that I would be very fine with that.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Box art and xbox dashboard being the same as Xbox One kinda makes it feel less new. I know it doesn't matter in the long run but it's something that still bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.