Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Agreed. As long as I can disable those resistance triggers for certain games I would love these features.

Yup.

That survey might tell us they are thinking about it. I see a controller revision like that as entirely possible. In the end it would also benefit Playstation players. If both have the feature the pressure to implement it is higher.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I like Unlocked and Xcast has been decent but I fell off after a couple weeks
Gotta wait for GamePass to become legal before we start getting the good Xbox podcasts
Xcast, Xbox two and rdx can all be fun! I like unlocked as well and I think Colin moriartys joint has a new Xbox podcast as well

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'm gonna check Xbox Era and may go back to Unlocked, but their hosts have always been a bit off-putting to me. For Colin's thing...no thanks but I appreciate the notice!

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

We've known Harvey moved back to Austin to run the Austin project for years now lol. Not sure why that interview has gotten as much attention as it's had.

About the controller, would definitely like to see a bit more tech in the Series controller. It's the only disappointment I've had from the Series consoles. I love the asymmetric sticks and overall feel of Xbox controllers, but it's now missing a lot compared to the competition. I'd also like to try gyro as I've hated using sticks again for FPS coming back from PC.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Oh boy, if freaking Harvey Smith is working on the rumoured "gothic/vampire ImmSim"... *drools*

www.videogameschronicle.com

Dishonored and Deus Ex lead calls Xbox ‘a perfect fit’ for Bethesda | VGC

“It would be very, very difficult to find a better partner for Bethesda than Microsoft”…

That's great. One of the things that crossed my mind after the announcement of the deal was how the devs of Arkane, Tango and MachineGames were feeling about being acquired... Both Machine and Arkane now have come out and (seemingly) made it clear that they're excited about the future.

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019
Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'm gonna check Xbox Era and may go back to Unlocked, but their hosts have always been a bit off-putting to me. For Colin's thing...no thanks but I appreciate the notice!
All good! I haven't listened to Colin's new podcast but saw in trending on Twitter the other day! Good luck on your podcast hunt and let us know if you find any cool ones

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
I'm starting to think that the new IP Zenimax Online is working on is Starfield Online just like ESO. I think that Bethesda's idea is to have a TES MMO (ESO), a Fallout MMO (Fallout 76) and an Starfield MMO.

As for Arkane Austin, the majority of the studio has been working on a new IP since 2017, so I think we could see it this year, maybe at Xbox E3 (or whatever digital event they have).

Nov 23, 2018
I'm starting to think that the new IP Zenimax Online is working on is Starfield Online just like ESO. I think that Bethesda's idea is to have a TES MMO (ESO), a Fallout MMO (Fallout 76) and an Starfield MMO.

As for Arkane Austin, the majority of the studio has been working on a new IP since 2017, so I think we could see it this year, maybe at Xbox E3 (or whatever digital event they have).
That's an interesting thought. The new Zenimax Online game is a new IP, and Starfield technically is a new IP.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
That's an interesting thought. The new Zenimax Online game is a new IP, and Starfield technically is a new IP.

Wasn't it mentioned it was gonna be a new, unannounced IP?

Jun 15, 2020
I have no problem with MMOs, but I'd like to see what else Zenimax Online can do. I don't think they should get pigeon-holed into just MMOs.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I have no problem with MMOs, but I'd like to see what else Zenimax Online can do. I don't think they should get pigeon-holed into just MMOs.

MMOs really require specific know how and skill sets so they will, most likely, always be a MMO studio. They will also fill a specific niche within Microsoft's portfolio and they have more than enough studios to cover other types of genres.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I almost wonder if Zenimax Online is trying to build something like Destiny based on some of the hires they've made.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I've been playing a ton of PlayStation games over the holidays. I was lucky enough to get a ps5 but I also still have a pro. It is absolutely insane how much Xbox users take for granted the way cloud saves work on Xbox compared to Playstation. Moving saves is a manual process and It's an absolute nightmare on PlayStation full of o man am I doing this right? Am I overwriting my save? Is this what I want to do? I needed to get that out somewhere and I think the PlayStation thread would have destroyed me. That being said Xbox first party has work to do because man Last of Us 2, Miles Morales and Ghost of Tsushima are just awesome and I recommend if nobody has tried them. I am extremely excited for gaming in 2021

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing a ton of PlayStation games over the holidays. I was lucky enough to get a ps5 but I also still have a pro. It is absolutely insane how much Xbox users take for granted the way cloud saves work on Xbox compared to Playstation. Moving saves is a manual process and It's an absolute nightmare on PlayStation full of o man am I doing this right? Am I overwriting my save? Is this what I want to do? I needed to get that out somewhere and I think the PlayStation thread would have destroyed me. That being said Xbox first party has work to do because man Last of Us 2, Miles Morales and Ghost of Tsushima are just awesome and I recommend if nobody has tried them. I am extremely excited for gaming in 2021
Yeah I hope Xbox can catch up soon enough. FF7R, Demon Souls, and the games you stated all in one year is an extremely impressive output, especially during a pandemic.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, you are right, it couldn't be an Statfield MMO.
It technically could be. Starfield might be an announced game, but Starfield Online isn't an announced one. It is a new IP. So it's possible. If Starfield releases in 2021, ZOS might release an online Starfield in 2023, for example, and by the time of TES6 launch, TESO will likely lose a lot of its fanbase to it, so it would make sense to launch a MMO based on another Bethesda game. The market is full, and I don't think a new MMO not based on a popular IP can survive for long--MMO fans can't play many MMOs at the same time.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
How many projects is Inxile working on? Two?

Yes, two. Fargo had a tweet about it somewhat recently. One is in the "earliest stages of pre-production", or something to that end. The other presumably being the AAA title we've heard whispers about over the last year.

At least for new projects. They may still be supporting Wasteland 3, idk.

edit - found it

Last edited:

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Yes, two. Fargo had a tweet about it somewhat recently. One is in the "earliest stages of pre-production", or something to that end. The other presumably being the AAA title we've heard whispers about over the last year.

At least for new projects. They may still be supporting Wasteland 3, idk.

edit - found it

Oh, thank you! Yeah, now that you mention that, Brian said when the studio was acquired that they had been working on a game since that year (2018), curious to see when that one might be revealed.

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Finished Dragon Quest XI S, and it was amazing.

Took me 152 hours to finish act 2, and I skipped some quests and content (like Tickington Town). And guess how surprised I was when I saw that
there's a ACT 3 with a True Ending !
! It blew my mind!

Will keep going for 100% Completion and 1000GS, until Yakuza drops.

Last edited:

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds dreadful. And your right, there's a level of quality on Xbox eco system that makes it hard to go elsewhere, I'm constantly astonished at how much others are lacking in simple features which I take for granted. The downloading, unpacking, installing is the one that makes me shake my head, horrible treatment of my time.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Finished Dragon Quest XI S, and it was amazing.

Took me 152 hours to finish act 2, and I skipped some quests and content (like Tickington Town). And guess how surprised I am when I saw that
there's a ACT 3 with a True Ending !
! It blew my mind!

Will keep going for 100% Completion and 1000GS, until Yakuza drops.

another gamepass gem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.