Status
Not open for further replies.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
It is hard to tell how far along Fable is since they were building up the team at the same time. It could be 2022 or 2023 IMO.

I think Avowed will be 2022 though.

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
First project is Chad Moore's baby (still not sure about the nature of the project, but don't expect it before 2024). Second one in the infancy has some relation to the "events" in 2020.

This year the team at inXile will massively grow.

More important thing is that deeper integration with BGS will bring some great things to the development table (XGS integration already happened and it's happening). This will be extraordinary year for everyone at inXile - a true breakthrough year !
Wow, InXile are set to have an amazing generation! I always thought they'd only release one big AAA project this year (which was that UE5 melee based game) but it seems like they've got another in the cooker - possibly related to Fallout.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if SoD3 becomes a narrative driven tps with survival mechanics. That would explain the date being far off, perhaps having to rebuild large parts of their game? Maybe. The series definitely needs to do better with player agency, so would love this.

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
When I read "events" of 2020, BGS acquisition is not what comes to mind but I should probably remind myself that this is a gaming forum haha.
Yeah no you are right it's just that I think it would be strange to make a game about Covid or something like that. Maybe he's referring to an RPG in the middle of a pandemic or something like that.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Man, if Starfield really is this year, then this is gonna be a pretty amazing year. When did they start developing it?

Dec 29, 2019
I don't see any announced Xbox first-party game having a planned launch date later than 2023, with the exceptions being The Elder Scrolls VI and maybe State of Decay 3 (even this one is likely 2023).

I mean, 2024 is almost 4 years of more dev time from now. No (announced!) game in production at XGS right now will need that much more time. They are not aiming for Rockstar dev times.

The internal first-party roadmap (not including XGS Publishing) likely looks closer to something like this (it won't be accurate, I only want to give you an idea) ...

Halo Infinite
Psychonauts 2
As Dusk Falls
Grounded
Starfield
Forza Horizon Next

Avowed
Everwild
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
Forza Motorsport
Age of Empires IV
Wolfenstein III
Arkane Austin project
Project Mara
Minecraft something
(Deathloop)
(Ghostwire Tokyo)

Perfect Dark
Fable
State of Decay 3
Gears Next
Compulsion Games project
DOOM Next
Roundhouse Studios project
Double Fine new IP
Obsidian Josh Sawyer project
Halo Infinite ODST or something
Rare Gregg Mayles project or something
Machinegames second project or something

2024 & beyond
The Elder Scrolls VI
inXile RPG
Zenimax Online project
Something Fallout at some point
Obsidian The Outer Worlds team project
And all the studios that released games in the years before will slowly begin to have new projects ready
And so on ...

So basically starting with Halo Infinite in Fall 2021 they'll have a constant flow of first-party content from XGS and Bethesda. In 2022 they'll begin to easily reach their "one big game per quarter" target - and even exceed it.
How could next Forza Horizon release this year? Besides the speculation from Jeff Grubb, is there any legit source?

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Man, I really hope Fable lands sooner than 2023.
Personally, I'm still of the opinion that Fable will release in late 2022. 2023 is possible, but I don't think we'll have to wait that long.

Man, if Starfield really is this year, then this is gonna be a pretty amazing year. When did they start developing it?
Depends on what you mean by developing it. It has been in pre-production since, like, 2012-2013, in production since late 2015 (but not by the full team), already "playable" in some form by mid-2018, and likely in full production since late 2018.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
As someone with the luxery of owning all consoles and a powerful PC iam so hyped up that Microsoft is heavily invested in video games again and gives those talented studios like Obsidian and InXile the chance to grow and actually develop their games at a much larger scale.
Fallout New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity are some of my all time favourite games, so I expect big things from Obsidian.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea Brian Fargo of inXile is the father of Fallout franchise. Was listening to him a few months back, before we could even imagine Bethesda joining Xbox, how he and a few others came up with the idea whilst at EA, or something like that. Crazy to think both Obsidian and inXile are part of the franchise legacy, an now they're all under the same roof.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Wait wait: are you saying me that INXILE could making a Fallout game?
Why not? They could be making Fallout 1-2 style RPG or even a FPS action adventure one. Both BGS and Obsidian will be very busy for the next 5 years, so a Fallout spinoff by InXile would be interesting. Personally, I'd be more excited for it than for Obsidian's take on Fallout.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
Was thinking of playing Fallout: New Vegas again.
How likely is a remaster in the near future?

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Had no idea Brian Fargo of inXile is the father of Fallout franchise. Was listening to him a few months back, before we could even imagine Bethesda joining Xbox, how he and a few others came up with the idea whilst at EA, or something like that. Crazy to think both Obsidian and inXile are part of the franchise legacy, an now they're all under the same roof.
Yes, he's the original creator of Wasteland and Fallout. When they had to make a new company and couldn't use the he Wasteland IP, they made Fallout. Ironically, nowadays Fallout is more popular than Wasteland and some people see Wasteland as a "copy" of Fallout when it's actually the opposite.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
A Fallout game made by INXILE would be Epic. I really wonder how Bethesda and INXILE could sharing their skills into new Fallout game. Oh my God.

Really surprised didn't see the new INXILE game at Xbox showcase.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he's the original creator of Wasteland and Fallout. When they had to make a new company and couldn't use the he Wasteland IP, they made Fallout. Ironically, nowadays Fallout is more popular than Wasteland and some people see Wasteland as a "copy" of Fallout when it's actually the opposite.
Hah, see, you've described my own ignorance! I'm playing through Wasteland 3 (my first Wasteland game) and I'm having a great time. It's my first iso game, and would have completely missed the game if it were not for Gamepass. inXile shot to the top of my list of studio's to watch out for, the pacing and story keeps things interesting, you can see the game was made on a budget, but still punches above its weight, I'm expecting big things with MS resources available to them now. Great get.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK

I think I remember reading in one interview that he's a descendent of the Wells Fargo family.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I don't see any announced Xbox first-party game having a planned launch date later than 2023, with the exceptions being The Elder Scrolls VI and maybe State of Decay 3 (even this one is likely 2023).

I mean, 2024 is almost 4 years of more dev time from now. No (announced!) game in production at XGS right now will need that much more time. They are not aiming for Rockstar dev times.

The internal first-party roadmap (not including XGS Publishing) likely looks closer to something like this (it won't be accurate, I only want to give you an idea) ...

Halo Infinite
Psychonauts 2
As Dusk Falls
Grounded
Starfield
Forza Horizon Next

Avowed
Everwild
Forza Motorsport
Age of Empires IV
Wolfenstein III
Arkane Austin project
Project Mara
Minecraft something
(Deathloop)
(Ghostwire Tokyo)

Perfect Dark
Fable
State of Decay 3
Gears Next
Compulsion Games project
DOOM Next
Double Fine new IP

2024 & beyond
The Elder Scrolls VI
inXile RPG
Zenimax Online project
And all the studios that released games in the years before will slowly begin to have new projects ready
And so on ...

So basically starting with Halo Infinite in Fall 2021 they'll have a constant flow of first-party content from XGS and Bethesda. In 2022 they'll begin to easily reach their "one big game per quarter" target - and even exceed it.

It's an extremely exciting list, isn't it?

One Observation I'd make though is that, typically Bethesda have always (Covid19 excepted) aimed for 2/3 major releases each calendar year. So maybe there will be something else? The only reason I suppose we won't be getting that is the dumb PS exclusivity deal, which otherwise would have fulfilled that cadence on Xbox.

So I'd

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
No no, it's just that Sponger says that one of Inxile's new games has relation to the events of 2020 and I thought he was referring to the Bethesda acquisition and that's why I made the connection, but that's just speculation on my part.

See, I read that as the global events, like the plague and the riots and that. I figured he was teasing some sort of plague related post apocalyptic game. Your take also makes sense though.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
See, I read that as the global events, like the plague and the riots and that. I figured he was teasing some sort of plague related post apocalyptic game. Your take also makes sense though.
I read that as a plague-themed game, too, but a Fallout game is possible too given the mention of BGS. Maybe some kind of collaboration?

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
Wonder if SoD3 becomes a narrative driven tps with survival mechanics. That would explain the date being far off, perhaps having to rebuild large parts of their game? Maybe. The series definitely needs to do better with player agency, so would love this.
I 100% believe this to be the case. Just look at the difference between the trailers for SOD2 and SOD3. Completely different tone and message (almost like two completely different games) - I really think this project could completely surprise us

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Moving saves is a manual process and It's an absolute nightmare on PlayStation full of o man am I doing this right? Am I overwriting my save? Is this what I want to do?
I remember being confused when I added a PS4 Slim that I could not see my Spiderman save under the same account, not sure what I did but I ended up the overwriting the most recent when I tried to put on the cloud lol.

Definitely a far better implemented on Xbox, but aside from the Spiderman incident I don't really recall a problem with my other games on PlayStation

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
I 100% believe this to be the case. Just look at the difference between the trailers for SOD2 and SOD3. Completely different tone and message (almost like two completely different games) - I really think this project could completely surprise us
Trailers can have different tones, I think it'll mean nothing once the game is out. SoD 3 is far off because of the long term SoD 2 support.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017

Crafting a Plague RPG that tops Pathologic 2 would be incredibly tough, but if anyone is up to the task it's InXile. Wasteland 3 features some of the best sattire & commentary on American politics I've played in a video game.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

Halo Infinite
Psychonauts 2
As Dusk Falls
Grounded
Starfield
Forza Horizon Next

Avowed
Everwild
Forza Motorsport
Age of Empires IV
Wolfenstein III
Arkane Austin project
Project Mara
Minecraft something
(Deathloop)
(Ghostwire Tokyo)

Perfect Dark
Fable
State of Decay 3
Gears Next
Compulsion Games project
DOOM Next
Double Fine new IP

2024 & beyond
The Elder Scrolls VI
inXile RPG
Zenimax Online project
And so on ...

this is just insane! and thats without XGP AND 3rd Party games :O
next year gaming output from Xbox is going to be unlike anything any publisher has ever put out in a single year.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, see, you've described my own ignorance! I'm playing through Wasteland 3 (my first Wasteland game) and I'm having a great time. It's my first iso game, and would have completely missed the game if it were not for Gamepass. inXile shot to the top of my list of studio's to watch out for, the pacing and story keeps things interesting, you can see the game was made on a budget, but still punches above its weight, I'm expecting big things with MS resources available to them now. Great get.

Totally. I was already looking forward to them getting to do a bigger budget project simply because I love C/WRPGs and there's never enough, but they've since joined BGS, Arkane, and Obsidian as Xbox Studios with at least one of my personal GOTYs under their belt.

Last edited:

geronimo73

Oct 28, 2017

Halo Infinite
Psychonauts 2
As Dusk Falls
Grounded
Starfield
Forza Horizon Next

Avowed
Everwild
Forza Motorsport
Age of Empires IV
Wolfenstein III
Arkane Austin project
Project Mara
Minecraft something
(Deathloop)
(Ghostwire Tokyo)

Perfect Dark
Fable
State of Decay 3
Gears Next
Compulsion Games project
DOOM Next
Double Fine new IP

2024 & beyond
The Elder Scrolls VI
inXile RPG
Zenimax Online project
And so on ...

thanks Klobrille

just a small change of your roadmap in my opinion

Perfect Dark
Fable

Avowed
Wolfenstein III
Arkane Austin project
inXile RPG

Project Mara
Gears Next

inXile RPG (steampunk)

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I remember being confused when I added a PS4 Slim that I could not see my Spiderman save under the same account, not sure what I did but I ended up the overwriting the most recent when I tried to put on the cloud lol.

Definitely a far better implemented on Xbox, but aside from the Spiderman incident I don't really recall a problem with my other games on PlayStation
You can set the systems to auto upload to the cloud but they won't auto download from the cloud and sync the saves so every single game you play has to have a manual process to download. This gets confusing because if you don't keep track of which system you played on you will have to constantly check time stamps on the consoles before uploading to the cloud. Also it makes me question if both systems are set to auto upload if I boot up the game from the wrong system with an old save file will it push the old file to the cloud and overwrite the one I initially wanted? This entire process alone has me not wanting to play the save on different systems. It's just amazing how far along Xbox is with this.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
You can set the systems to auto upload to the cloud but they won't auto download from the cloud and sync the saves so every single game you play has to have a manual process to download. This gets confusing because if you don't keep track of which system you played on you will have to constantly check time stamps on the consoles before uploading to the cloud. Also it makes me question if both systems are set to auto upload if I boot up the game from the wrong system with an old save file will it push the old file to the cloud and overwrite the one I initially wanted? This entire process alone has me not wanting to play the save on different systems. It's just amazing how far along Xbox is with this.
Thanks, no longer have the Slim and only my son uses the Pro.. I see red due to it being as loud as a Harley lol

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
Off topic but do any Xbox guys post here? Like guys that are actually employed by the company or have high positions? Just curious, I only joined recently and wondered if any of them lurk

Oct 25, 2017

Halo Infinite
Psychonauts 2
As Dusk Falls
Grounded
Starfield
Forza Horizon Next

Avowed
Everwild
Forza Motorsport
Age of Empires IV
Wolfenstein III
Arkane Austin project
Project Mara
Minecraft something
(Deathloop)
(Ghostwire Tokyo)

Perfect Dark
Fable
State of Decay 3
Gears Next
Compulsion Games project
DOOM Next
Double Fine new IP

2024 & beyond
The Elder Scrolls VI
inXile RPG
Zenimax Online project
And so on ...

I know these are just ~estimates~, but DOOM Eternal still has it's second DLC coming out in 2021 and the first one was huge, one of the best things i played in 2020 alongside the full game, so i reaaaaaaally doubt that a new DOOM would be ready for 2023 considering a bulk of the team is still working on that DLC. DOOM Eternal took 4 years to come out. :P

I also think we'll see Sawyer's project earlier than 2023, he's been working on it for some time now and it's a smaller-ish project (less than 10 people on it afaik)

Status
Not open for further replies.