• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my! I simply reset the HDR game settings and Recore is a very big difference now. Textures on the mountains in the starting area are crisp as hell. It's quite a step up over the old version, no doubt!

Chris_Rivera

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Has Evolve gotten any kind of update for the X?

wtf.gif

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Did we figure out what the 11gb update for GR:W was for? Already looked optimized to me the other day when I played it.

Seems mostly related to ghost war unless they made some stealth changes that they don't bother to tell us : https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1788049-Update-1-Interference

Thank you for this
I just got the update and was wondering
Since the system alerted me on in the background

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The XOX on the ks8000 is Definitely prettier to look at if you love colors that's for sure. Battlefield looks like a different game, especially snow maps. Would it help if I took a photo side by side? I know it won't show hdr but it should show the difference in color right?
Try switching the TVs and see if the colors change. To see whether the difference lies in the consoles or the TVs.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Right, which I attributed to the tone mapping when translating down to SDR. Games tend to do tone mapping anyway so there's no reason why the output should look so different.

Right but shouldn't the game be handling the tone mapping anyway and outputting an approximate representation? The difference is so dramatically off that it's hard to take it seriously that it's a representation of HDR vs SDR when their representation doesn't looked like the normal tone mapped out put in SDR.

No. Your TV does the tone mapping.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
For what it's worth, at least on my set, the SDR side of the split screen SDR/HDR option in Gears 4 looked closer to 'genuine' SDR than it did in Insects. But both are just an approximation to help illustrate the benefits of the setting, rather than a properly calibrated thing to give you the exact difference.

Oct 26, 2017
Thats a shame, im hoping it still gets it though, shurly updating current games will be good experiance for future projects aswell.

I found the Reddit message

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7bcjf4/the_power_of_x_comes_to_bethesda_titles/

Pete Hines from Bethesda was in an interview with Major Nelson on the live show last night and Nelson specifically asked for Prey and Pete told him they are working on that and also Doom too and other unannounced games to bring them over, I want it too as I still have to play the game and I'll wait now.

Sounds promising to me.

Glenn Gould

Oct 27, 2017
After spending several hours with Forza Horizon 7 on the X I have to be honest and say that I'm quite disappointed with the enhanced version. It's not that it's an ugly game or anything but the aliasing is so noticeable in 4K to me, obviously it was there in the standard version but it stands out far more now other areas have been updated.

If they fixed that it would look really impressive to me but I don't think the improvements that they've made are worth the cost of the constant shimmering on the screen. I would really like them to go back and at least have an option to reduce some other settings to be able to implement an appropriate anti aliasing solution. I'm genuinely surprised that there hasn't been far more criticism of this aspect of the game to be honest but it's not as important to other people but I am finding that it really destroys the integrity of the image.

Obviously, it's still a lot of fun to play but I am really hoping that they doing something with this.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
After spending several hours with Forza Horizon 7 on the X I have to be honest and say that I'm quite disappointed with the enhanced version. It's not that it's an ugly game or anything but the aliasing is so noticeable in 4K to me, obviously it was there in the standard version but it stands out far more now other areas have been updated.

If they fixed that it would look really impressive to me but I don't think the improvements that they've made are worth the cost of the constant shimmering on the screen. I would really like them to go back and at least have an option to reduce some other settings to be able to implement an appropriate anti aliasing solution. I'm genuinely surprised that there hasn't been far more criticism of this aspect of the game to be honest but it's not as important to other people but I am finding that it really destroys the integrity of the image.

Obviously, it's still a lot of fun to play but I am really hoping that they doing something with this.

Do you have any sharpening set on your TV?

Oct 27, 2017
Florida

Your XBOX video settings are set for 4K right?

ZeeAyKay

Oct 25, 2017
Does the evil within 2 look good on the x? I know it got a patch but haven't heard much about it compared a to other more popular games. Thinking about nabbing it for $30 from the Xbox live black Friday sale.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm uploading some Dishonored pictures for those asking to see it.

Should I downsample these to 1080p or just upload big ass 4k shots? Imgur?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So that Doom patch. Is that really confirmed. Any eta on it?

I'm uploading some Dishonored pictures for those asking to see it.

Should I downsample these to 1080p or just upload big ass 4k shots? Imgur?

Full one is fine. Never use imgur btw. Compresses the shit out of pics. Use abload or cubeload.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017

I feel exactly the same. I initially was very impressed by how crisp it looks. And while that still is true, I noticed a lot of aliasing the more I played. The rearview mirror is pretty bad occasionally. I also see some shimmering lines on the street every now and then. There's also some aliasing even in the menus when looking at the cars.

It really is a bit distracting, but it's a pretty game nonetheless. Mainly thanks to HDR it can really look stunning

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So I played FFXV for 5 minutes on High mode. Spun the camera around a few times and didn't notice the frame pace hitch. This was in the area when you first meet Cindy, not sure if it turns up later.

Glenn Gould

Oct 27, 2017
I feel exactly the same. I initially was very impressed by how crisp it looks. And while that still is true, I noticed a lot of aliasing the more I played. The rearview mirror is pretty bad occasionally. I also see some shimmering lines on the street every now and then. There's also some aliasing even in the menus when looking at the cars.

It really is a bit distracting, but it's a pretty game nonetheless. Mainly thanks to HDR it can really look stunning
Yeah, it's annoying on the menu screens because the camera is moving ever so slightly and creates a horrible shimmer.

I really hope that they'll go back and fix it at some point, even if it was to add an extra option in the menus so that the people who wanted to could choose to have it if they needed it. I know it's not quite this simple but one of the DF videos stated that all the cars on the screen using exactly the same level of detail irrelevant of how far away they are which has very little onscreen benefits when you play the game so I'd be happy if they altered that or even the texture filtering.

A good anti-aliasing solution can really boost the image quality in games so I am quite surprised that it was left as it is. I know it is a very different game but I do hope that Forza Horizon 3 improves on the anti-aliasing when they enhance that.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is the Ghost Recon Wildlands X patch good?

I'll use my amazon credit to get a 10€ gift card so I can buy it for 18€.

Edit: About that: I couldn't use my amazon credit for the digital gift code so I bought an amazon gift card which I then used for the digital xbox gift code, oh boy...

I'll have enough time to decide if I should get Wolfenstein 2 during the next 5 days.

Last edited:

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I am especially disappointed by the LOD changes. They said they could just take Forza 6, put everything to maximum and even run high LODs for every car on screen and still have 30 % overhead. Then why do car LODs change in Forza 7 when you're ten meters away, when you are 20 meters away and when you are 50 meters away? It's very noticeable and ugly on SUVs. I noticed the shimmering as well, especially on very fine lines it is irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.