Status
Not open for further replies.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
The exact conversation about prey is here: https://youtu.be/m1lG-ntf-e4?t=2857
Does Major Nelson really like prey?

Hines--"There are even other games that we are still looking at...that the team is still working on..."
(Hines slows down as Major Nelson starts pointing and silently mouthing the word "prey" towards him)
Major--"Prey??"
"Prey"
"Prey?! Yes!"
"Prey too (or maybe they internally still call it Prey 2?), we are working on something"
"Thank you!!"

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
A good anti-aliasing solution can really boost the image quality in games so I am quite surprised that it was left as it is. I know it is a very different game but I do hope that Forza Horizon 3 improves on the anti-aliasing when they enhance that.
Indeed. This situation is also quite ironic given the fact that Horizon 2 for the 360 had gorgeous AA. The game had one of the best IQ for a 360 game, if not the best.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, it's annoying on the menu screens because the camera is moving ever so slightly and creates a horrible shimmer.

I really hope that they'll go back and fix it at some point, even if it was to add an extra option in the menus so that the people who wanted to could choose to have it if they needed it. I know it's not quite this simple but one of the DF videos stated that all the cars on the screen using exactly the same level of detail irrelevant of how far away they are which has very little onscreen benefits when you play the game so I'd be happy if they altered that or even the texture filtering.

A good anti-aliasing solution can really boost the image quality in games so I am quite surprised that it was left as it is. I know it is a very different game but I do hope that Forza Horizon 3 improves on the anti-aliasing when they enhance that.

Even 4K downsampled with 8xMSAA couldn't save me from all the aliasing in Horizon 3.

Forza 7 on 1X looks cleaner to me in my 1080p plasma.

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just picked up Dishonoured: Death of the outsider, Mafia III and The evil within 2 in the online sale.

Now I really must finish Dishonoured 2 first...

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Prey doesn't have a patch but does it get any performance upgrades running on the X? It's on sale and was thinking of picking it up.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone able to test if Dishonored 2 input lag is addressed at all as a side effect of its X enhancements?

The sale is tempting but I need to know if the X patch did anything to help that problem at all. It seemed to run very stable on PS4 Pro but input lag made it highly unpleasurable. I also tried the PC demo but my rig fluctuates the frame rate too much for my liking there too...

It's a game I really want to play since I loved the original but can't get over how bad it feels for technical reasons. 30fps lock is fine but for one reason or another the controls completely lack precision imo

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to test if Dishonored 2 input lag is addressed at all as a side effect of its X enhancements?

The sale is tempting but I need to know if the X patch did anything to help that problem at all. It seemed to run very stable on PS4 Pro but input lag made it highly unpleasurable. I also tried the PC demo but my rig fluctuates the frame rate too much for my liking there too...

It's a game I really want to play since I loved the original but can't get over how bad it feels for technical reasons. 30fps lock is fine but for one reason or another the controls completely lack precision imo

Did it have input lag on the Xbox one originally? I thought it was only an issue in ps4.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
That black Friday sale is nuts! Glad I refunded Battlefront 2 - gives me some store credit to splurge.

Glenn Gould

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed. This situation is also quite ironic given the fact that Horizon 2 for the 360 had gorgeous AA. The game had one of the best IQ for a 360 game, if not the best.

Even 4K downsampled with 8xMSAA couldn't save me from all the aliasing in Horizon 3.

Forza 7 on 1X looks cleaner to me in my 1080p plasma.
I think it annoys somewhat because my Xbox is essentially a Forza machine and I absolutely love the game and it seemed that Microsoft pushed Forza 7 as their marquee X enhanced title, it was the one they showed to people like Digital Foundry to demonstrate the power of the console. it does a really good job in some areas but it just can't remember anybody mentioning the shimmering.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
prey problem on xbox was just the weird plant/aquarium that tanked FPS. other than that it was the "better" version, no input lag

Ayrtonsenna84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Recore Update Summary:

Probably the most impressive Update in terms of visuals.

The difference between X and S almost generational leap But there is a problem: The game is almost broken now. If you die once and get back to the Game,you can't fıre your gun and stucked when i tried to open the chests :(

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
prey problem on xbox was just the weird plant/aquarium that tanked FPS. other than that it was the "better" version, no input lag
Significant input latency on CryEngine titles seems to be a PS4-exclusive problem. Homefront: TR is the same, although nobody has actually scientifically measured it. But yes, Prey on Xbox was the best all-round console version. Good framerate, responsive controls. Misbehaved on external drives, though. I do recall that Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 had some weird streaming issues on external drives on XBO so, again, it's probably a CryEngine quirk. And it's probably been fixed by now anyway.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
So did anyone else get a second recore patch? I got the first one if 5ish gigs, when I went to start playing it downloaded another 6gb patch.

Sniffynose

Oct 30, 2017
Did we ever find out what the Dead Rising 4 X update did? I can't find anything definitive on the internet or here with search =/ Also for those that have it should I go with the Deluxe Edition or Regular? There was something about the ending being locked behind the season pass?

Also need to figure out what's up with Recore, I want it but not if it's broken now lol

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Yes happened to me as well. Wondering what that was. Whatever happened,turned Recore the most impressive Update. The graphical Upgrade over the S is simply crazy.

The texture quality, shimmering and aliasing are a big downer for me.

Did we ever find out what the Dead Rising 4 X update did? I can't find anything definitive on the internet or here with search =/ Also for those that have it should I go with the Deluxe Edition or Regular? There was something about the ending being locked behind the season pass?

Also need to figure out what's up with Recore, I want it but not if it's broken now lol

Dead Rising 4 looks great on the X. Crisp image quality and solid performance.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are Quantum Break shadows always this flickery? http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/YogsamG/video/39387489

I see. Yeah, I guess see it now lol. I guess it wasn't updated?

So did anyone else get a second recore patch? I got the first one if 5ish gigs, when I went to start playing it downloaded another 6gb patch.

My game install is just 8 GB. Is this right or what?

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Just bought Rise of the Tomb Raider and high performance mode is my jam as a 1080p user. I want as many non-60fps game to have good high performance modes with the X as possible.

Glad to see ReCore finally updating for me tonight after others mentioned they've been getting their update over the past day or so.

And any update on if Prey is getting an Xbox One X enhancement patch? I feel like there was a quick, casual tease during the Bethesda segment of the X1X launch event stream, but I haven't seen anything official.

I'm trying to decide between Prey and FFXV now, and if you were to ask me before getting an Xbox One X which one I wanted first and which one I'd wait on, I'd answer differently, but the enhancement patch is making me impatient to play FFXV even though I've wanted to wait until the base game is complete (RIP me).

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
How is Battlefront 2 on the XBX?
ReCore looks like a nice boost.

Battlefront 2 looks really good and runs rather well.

I'm trying to decide between Prey and FFXV now, and if you were to ask me before getting an Xbox One X which one I wanted first and which one I'd wait on, I'd answer differently, but the enhancement patch is making me impatient to play FFXV even though I've wanted to wait until the base game is complete (RIP me).

Get FFXV since the patch is already out. Plus if you have a redbox near, it's only $10 right now.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This was fixed in the most recent preview dashboard update.
Wait really?!?!? I was so dissapointed with Quantum Break as I thought it had made the game actually look worse in some respects. I did notice there was some notes about texture improvements in some of the preview notes. That build goes public today doesn't it? Keen to try it out now.

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Weird Recore has not updated for me, X on the alpha ring. I also dont show Titanfall 2 getting the latest fix. Anyway to force X updates to games?

Last edited:

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Wait really?!?!? I was so dissapointed with Quantum Break as I thought it had made the game actually look worse in some respects. I did notice there was some notes about texture improvements in some of the preview notes. That build goes public today doesn't it? Keen to try it out now.

Yeah I was having the same issue before the update, tons of shadow glitches especially on faces. Tried it today and I couldn't see it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.