• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah I'm pretty sure. I've heard mine do that before as well. Unless we're both screwed. :p

Ah, so it's normal. Cool.

While we're on the topic of supposed defects. Anyone else's (X or Scorpio) included controller have very loose face buttons? I checked with my controllers that I have used extensively for over two years and they are way more sturdy. The buttons works fine but that 'A' button wiggles all over the place.

Umdlye

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so it's normal. Cool.

While we're on the topic of supposed defects. Anyone else's (X or Scorpio) included controller have very loose face buttons? I checked with my controllers that I have used extensively for over two years and they are way more sturdy. The buttons works fine but that 'A' button wiggles all over the place.

My A button gets a bit stuck on release when pushed at a certain angle, gets pretty annoying sometimes! :( (X, not Scorpio)

sproglobber

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wollongong, Australia
It's getting pretty warm here in Australia and my X is getting noisy as a result.
Playing Halo 5 the last couple of nights and the fan is much louder than my OG Xbox one and the S.

Will be interesting to see how it goes when it gets up over 35 celcius tomorrow.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I don't own an X yet, but...

Does anyone else find that the Xbox One's joysticks are gaming's equivalent of a pumice stone? It's annoying how much crud those things create because of their rough texture. But I do tend to have dry hands during this time of the year.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone enlightening me regarding screenshot capture on the One X please? Is the maximum amount of screenshot taken in a game is limited to 35 per game really? Regardless of hard drive space?
I have been playing Shadow of War and took well over 100 screenshots only to find out later that I cannot have more than 35 saved on the drive since the recent taken ones are replacing the older screenshots...

I can upload them one by one to Onedrive but that's incredibly inconvenient in my opinion. As far as I know there was no limit to this on my PS4 Pro... Is this how it is on Xbox or is there something wrong on my end? Any help is appreciated thanks.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
It's getting pretty warm here in Australia and my X is getting noisy as a result.
Playing Halo 5 the last couple of nights and the fan is much louder than my OG Xbox one and the S.

Will be interesting to see how it goes when it gets up over 35 celcius tomorrow.

I'm in the UK and its currently freezing and my X gets pretty loud in enhanced games, in fact i'm starting to get a little concerned in regards to the fan noise. The console is quiet as a mouse on the dash and watching media and I barely hear a thing on non enhanced games, but playing enhanced games like Gears 4, AC origins and BF2 my fan will rev up full blast for about 5 secs every 5 mins then go quiet again. Gonna see how it goes

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm in the UK and its currently freezing and my X gets pretty loud in enhanced games, in fact i'm starting to get a little concerned in regards to the fan noise. The console is quiet as a mouse on the dash and watching media and I barely hear a thing on non enhanced games, but playing enhanced games like Gears 4, AC origins and BF2 my fan will rev up full blast for about 5 secs every 5 mins then go quiet again. Gonna see how it goes

Normal behaviour. Verified MS tech people on reddit confirmed this is by design.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Normal behaviour. Verified MS tech people on reddit confirmed this is by design.

Yeah I've seen some of the tech posts over on Reddit, what slightly concerns me is some of the folks who have exchanged theirs and no longer have the problem, on the other hand though, at least I know the cooling system is doing its job and venting the excess heat

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Need some help. My X can't stay connected to my wifi(every other device is fine) and it also signs me out of my game profile, which in turns boots me out of whatever game I'm playing. It's super annoying and I have no idea how to fix this.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Need some help. My X can't stay connected to my wifi(every other device is fine) and it also signs me out of my game profile, which in turns boots me out of whatever game I'm playing. It's super annoying and I have no idea how to fix this.

I had a similar issue with my system recently in that the WiFi wouldn't connect and even if I tried to reset the WiFi nothing would happen. I had to do a hard shut down and start it up again to fix it. I hope that all you have to do, otherwise there may be a hardware issue with your console which will need to be serviced.

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm so ready to jump on the Xbox X bandwagon after not owning a Xbox for over six years. I'm loving the hardware design coming out of Microsoft at the moment too.
I think the X will become my new third-party console and my PS4 Pro exclusives only.
I own a Switch and a PS4 Pro and this generation of consoles is without a doubt the best gen I've ever owned.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I've only installed one game off disc, AC origins, but it seems like it took a really long time.

It does take about 100x longer to install than ps4 does.

I had a similar issue with my system recently in that the WiFi wouldn't connect and even if I tried to reset the WiFi nothing would happen. I had to do a hard shut down and start it up again to fix it. I hope that all you have to do, otherwise there may be a hardware issue with your console which will need to be serviced.

I'll give this a shot, it booted me out about 7 times last night and it was unable to hold an internet connection for more than 5 minutes.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone's system not updating games when off or not forcrkng downloads when you push them from a compute browser? I have both things checked on my console and it's set to Home console.

For example I redeemed a code on pc browser this morning and forced the download but i came home and the download didn't start until I turned it on.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
My Scorpio controller won't sync up to my XBX anymore, I have to pay for shipping back to them. Not happy about that. I did nothing wrong, controller is basically new as I've been using the white XBS controller mostly. Not liking I have to pay 6-7 bucks. Chat was no help, both times I tried. I\m having to pay money for a defect unit. First time ever, since 2002, MS has let me down with customer service. Its not like I cant afford it, but for a 5 week old console, come on.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone's system not updating games when off or not forcrkng downloads when you push them from a compute browser? I have both things checked on my console and it's set to Home console.

I didn't know there was an update for Halo 5 until I started it up. I have my X set to Instant-On, plus I checked both boxes for "keep my console updated" and "keep my games and apps updated". At the very least, it should have shown up under "Updates" in the My Games and Apps menu, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
My Scorpio controller won't sync up to my XBX anymore, I have to pay for shipping back to them. Not happy about that. I did nothing wrong, controller is basically new as I've been using the white XBS controller mostly. Not liking I have to pay 6-7 bucks. Chat was no help, both times I tried. I\m having to pay money for a defect unit. First time ever, since 2002, MS has let me down with customer service. Its not like I cant afford it, but for a 5 week old console, come on.
Dam, that sux :/. I thought MS actually paid for the shipping as well. I think you're right that they should be the ones covering it, for sure. Sorry to hear they won't. :(

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I didn't know there was an update for Halo 5 until I started it up. I have my X set to Instant-On, plus I checked both boxes for "keep my console updated" and "keep my games and apps updated". At the very least, it should have shown up under "Updates" in the My Games and Apps menu, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Yeah same happened to me. I noticed that update didn't start until I turned on my system.

Maybe an issue with beta firmware?

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017

For example I redeemed a code on pc browser this morning and forced the download but i came home and the download didn't start until I turned it on.

Mine won't update games in instant on mode either. Maybe it is a firmware issue because I remember it working when I first got it.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I had a similar incident with my Elite but after a longer time in use. Luckily to me MS was very kind to replace it after I sent it in. Sad to hear your recent experience. So far every incident I had with any Xbox product I always got an free of charge replacement (1 360 console, 2 Elite controllers, 1 Kinect)

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
I had a similar incident with my Elite but after a longer time in use. Luckily to me MS was very kind to replace it after I sent it in. Sad to hear your recent experience. So far every incident I had with any Xbox product I always got an free of charge replacement (1 360 console, 2 Elite controllers, 1 Kinect)
me too, thats why this one wwas kinda frustrating.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
me too, thats why this one wwas kinda frustrating.
simply do a power cycle or hard reset as many people know it, this same thing happened to me, controller kept flashing and nothing helped until i powered cycle the console and haven't had any problems since, do the following, when the xboX is on, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds or until the console turns off, after that wait a few seconds and turn it back on, this will not delete you save data, all it will do is clear the cache of the console, let me know if works for you.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Me too since I moved to the X, I heard it does work like before when leaving the Insider program but I want to stay Insider though.

Are you an Insider?

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
Damn, looks like I got a faulty unit. No audio through digital optical, initially it took awhile for the audio to kick in and I thought maybe my cable was busted but my friends Xbox One X worked fine with it including my Xbox One S previously. Right now I've actually got no audio at all. Furthermore, I'm getting random black screens freezing my system, and when my system is frozen I can't turn it on with the power up button or controller, I have to press the eject button. Really disappointing, I'm hoping to exchange it tomorrow but the nearest EB is an hours drive away. Anyone else having similar issues that might provide a fix? I mean, I'm most certain there's not much to be done, but won't hurt to ask.

Jeez, now my controller is unresponsive wireless, gotta keep it plugged in for it to work. What did they do to this poor system?

Last edited:

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Damn, looks like I got a faulty unit. No audio through digital optical, initially it took awhile for the audio to kick in and I thought maybe my cable was busted but my friends Xbox One X worked fine with it including my Xbox One S previously. Right now I've actually got no audio at all. Furthermore, I'm getting random black screens freezing my system, and when my system is frozen I can't turn it on with the power up button or controller, I have to press the eject button. Really disappointing, I'm hoping to exchange it tomorrow but the nearest EB is an hours drive away. Anyone else having similar issues that might provide a fix? I mean, I'm most certain there's not much to be done, but won't hurt to ask.

Jeez, now my controller is unresponsive wireless, gotta keep it plugged in for it to work. What did they do to this poor system?

I think you were just unlucky. The system design overall has been top notch for me. Just get a exchange.

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
I think you were just unlucky. The system design overall has been top notch for me. Just get a exchange.
I'm just hoping someone might have a solution so as to save me an hour trip tomorrow. I'm always weary of buying appliances brand new but felt secure with this purchase due to the minimal faulty units I've seen reported. There's always a chance, but they seemed pretty slim, sucks to be the unlucky one. With that in mind though, considering my exchange is near inevitable, how does the home xbox stuff work? I've got 3 switches left, I heard they reset annually, but if I reach 0 is there no other way to activate my xbox as my home console? Seems kinda unnecessary.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm just hoping someone might have a solution so as to save me an hour trip tomorrow. I'm always weary of buying appliances brand new but felt secure with this purchase due to the minimal faulty units I've seen reported. There's always a chance, but they seemed pretty slim, sucks to be the unlucky one. With that in mind though, considering my exchange is near inevitable, how does the home xbox stuff work? I've got 3 switches left, I heard they reset annually, but if I reach 0 is there no other way to activate my xbox as my home console? Seems kinda unnecessary.

Honestly i had no issues with my console. No black screens or anything. My controller however also wouldnt sync. Just go exchange it. It cant possibly be worse than what you have now.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

At least it's a simple exchange. Way back when my launch day Xbox was problematic, I didn't realize it until it had cut rings in all my games and a bunch of my DVDs.

Then Gamestop claimed that I shipped them an empty box for the return, so they banned me from shopping there. Of course I had a shipping receipt to show that it was a 15 pound parcel or something, so with a friends help and several months of patience that was sorted out.

Always smiled when I pictured some asshole that stole it with all his games and movies ruined by the defective drive.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes I am and run beta firmware so maybe it's a bug?
Maybe it just take longer than before to check for update, I did not wake up my console (Insider Alpha) and several games were updated, it even installed a DLC without me needing to queue it (FFXV Episode Ignis).

So it may be working but looks like it's not checking as often as before.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe it just take longer than before to check for update, I did not wake up my console (Insider Alpha) and several games were updated, it even installed a DLC without me needing to queue it (FFXV Episode Ignis).

So it may be working but looks like it's not checking as often as before.

Well pushing a download from a web browser definitely isn't working. I've tried to push multiple things over past few weeks and nothing ever downloads.

Dec 11, 2017
Microsoft doesnt seem to be covering the return shipping for faulty controllers. But in my case (and a few others I heard about) they offered a free 2nd controller for the inconvenience.

Babus

Oct 27, 2017

Exactly the same here in Brazil. The back of my X is 10 cm os distance from the wall and after few hours of the gameplay, the wall is hot like hell!!!

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else have trouble with Forza 7? I keep getting frame drops it seems, or it seems like a very rough game. Not sure if it was my xbox, so I checked other games and they seem perfectly fine.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Man, that sucks. I had a needlessly positive experience with my regular X controller: The "A" button had a very slight stick (I only noticed while playing Ninja Gaiden Black), and when I contacted support chat, they sent me a replacement without needing the original controller back (I was super clear how subtle the problem was; I was half hoping I could exchange it at a local Microsoft Store). I will say, they were very particular asking if I had a Scorpio Edition or standard system. I'm guessing they don't have a ton of extra Scorpio Edition controllers, which makes the return more necessary.

Does anyone else have trouble with Forza 7? I keep getting frame drops it seems, or it seems like a very rough game. Not sure if it was my xbox, so I checked other games and they seem perfectly fine.

Oh man, I don't know what's up with that. Even on the base XB1 I had 100% ideal performance, and it's been the same on the 1X now. That said, I noticed some a drop playing the old version of the demo pre-release, but even that was patched. Is it possible you're reacting to the screen shake? There's an option to disable that, but otherwise I'm not familiar with any performance issues at all. That's been consistent in both base XB1 and 1X analysis done by third parties.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had issues with blu-ray playback? (Either 4K or standard) I've tried GOTG2, Pacific Rim, and TFA so far, and each of them has frozen the picture at one point in the movie while the audio still plays. Eventually the picture unfreezes and the movie syncs up, but it's concerning to me. In the case of TFA, it actually somehow cut the audio out on the Xbox entirely until I hard reset and toggled the settings on my TV again.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. Just played it on and off for a good 2 hours last night as well.

Now with that said, I did have issues for the first time on Battlefront 2 on Saturday that could be described as frame drops. Like it just would freeze for a few milliseconds.
I never had issues with it before however since it is an online game I just chalked it up to being on a bad server and/or was with a lot of people with poor connections, but it was really prevalent and again, something I had never seen prior and it happened about every two minutes. I also disconnected from the current matches I was in and found a new server and it was still happening. Seemed off for sure.

I did a hard restart and it seemed to go away. So I just chalked it up to something going on behind the scenes with the OS. So may be worth a try if you have not done so already.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had issues with blu-ray playback? (Either 4K or standard) I've tried GOTG2, Pacific Rim, and TFA so far, and each of them has frozen the picture at one point in the movie while the audio still plays. Eventually the picture unfreezes and the movie syncs up, but it's concerning to me. In the case of TFA, it actually somehow cut the audio out on the Xbox entirely until I hard reset and toggled the settings on my TV again.
I have had these issues, and the same reply as above. A hard restart helped to resolve them.

I know a lot of people say it is okay to leave apps running as the OS is built with multitasking in mind. I think it struggles depending on which apps you keep "open" and then you can see these types of issues.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Man, that sucks. I had a needlessly positive experience with my regular X controller: The "A" button had a very slight stick (I only noticed while playing Ninja Gaiden Black), and when I contacted support chat, they sent me a replacement without needing the original controller back (I was super clear how subtle the problem was; I was half hoping I could exchange it at a local Microsoft Store). I will say, they were very particular asking if I had a Scorpio Edition or standard system. I'm guessing they don't have a ton of extra Scorpio Edition controllers, which makes the return more necessary.

Oh man, I don't know what's up with that. Even on the base XB1 I had 100% ideal performance, and it's been the same on the 1X now. That said, I noticed some a drop playing the old version of the demo pre-release, but even that was patched. Is it possible you're reacting to the screen shake? There's an option to disable that, but otherwise I'm not familiar with any performance issues at all. That's been consistent in both base XB1 and 1X analysis done by third parties.

It might be screen shake and maybe when I re-installed it, it might have added the screen shake back. I'm not sure, I'd have to check later. Perhaps, I'll take a video.

Nope, that's the most flawless 60 fps game I've played on the X.

Off-topic: what's your avatar from?

Cassie Cage from Mortal Kombat.

Padinn

Nov 4, 2017
As a heads up for those who bought at microsoft store. I brought my receipt to store and they have me the free copy of pubg with no hassel..just did a return and rebuy. I even got $8 back because the protection plan price dropped. Didn't need to bring in console. This was in tampa

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I get a random weird bug with my X1X, about once every few weeks. I get dropped out of the game or app back to dashboard with a message "if you own this content please insert the disc now", even if I'm using the Film & TV app or Netflix for example. It's a bit harebrained. I literally just click ok and things go back into the game or app from where they were. Just annoying DRM shit left over I'm guessing.

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
Is the Elite controller a piece of shit? I'm getting one for Christmas but I'm worried because I've read mixed reviews.