Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I got my old Xbox 360 Elite back from a friend a couple days ago. I currently have it standing on it's end behind my TV but I'd rather have it sitting down like the X and the Pro. I know the X doesn't have any intake or exhaust vents on it's top side, so would it be okay to sit the 360 on top of it? Obviously they both won't be on at the same time.

Also, what's a good recommended external HD for the X?

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
I got my old Xbox 360 Elite back from a friend a couple days ago. I currently have it standing on it's end behind my TV but I'd rather have it sitting down like the X and the Pro. I know the X doesn't have any intake or exhaust vents on it's top side, so would it be okay to sit the 360 on top of it? Obviously they both won't be on at the same time.

Also, what's a good recommended external HD for the X?
Well both the X and the Pro don't have air vents on top, so I guess you can place the 360 on top of either if you avoid having both on at the same time (the combined heat might be quite high). I remember MS showing off the S standing on top of the X multiple times, as the S sucks in air on the top and blows it out the sides, while the X sucks in from the sides and blows it out the back.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll give it a go then. If I want to play one right after the other I'll just wait a few mins so whichever one was on can cool off some.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I primarily got it back just to play PGR3 and 4 :) I've got a feeling they won't ever be BC cause of licensing issues. I am sad I never used the cloud save feature as I've lost all my 360 saves.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 1 gifts from Spades!

This is a raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random!

t1521101103z0.png

How to Participate:

To enter this giveaway click here to send a private message to me, GiftBot, with the subject line entry.

In the message body, copy and paste the entire line below for the prize you wish to win. You are allowed only 1 entry per giveaway.

Available Prizes:

The Count Lucanor on Xbox One -- GB-de543e5b-bdca-4b76-9069-ca1db5089673

So, who won this?

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of getting an X1X, mainly for UHD Blu Rays, but also to get superior multiplat games.

I have a couple of questions for One X owners:

Does anyone control their One X with a Harmony Hub? How is the Harmony Hub integration with the X?

And does anyone watch UHD Blu Rays on a 1080p TV/projector? My 4k projector upgrade is a couple years away(when prices go down) so for the meantime I will be watching my UHD Blu Rays on a 1080p projector(mainly for Atmos). I've read online that some people have had colour banding issues while watching 4k content on a 1080p screen, and that 1080p Blu Rays actually look better on a 1080p screen, so I'm a bit worried that watching UHD content on my projector will be a downgrade picture-wise.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is worth a thread but I've been having mic issues with my headset and I'm getting frustrated. I have a pair of Lucidsounds LS40 and love them. They work great on the PS4, PC, and mostly the Xbox.

Unfortunately I need to use the chat cable on the Xbox and other people regularly hear what can best be described as a farting noise coming from my end when they speak. I tried to look up this issue but haven't found any solid info yet. My buddy said he experienced the same problem and it's due to my controller. I purchased a new controller but still have the issue. Before I'm forced to buy another Xbox specific headset, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this problem and can offer a fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of getting an X1X, mainly for UHD Blu Rays, but also to get superior multiplat games.

I have a couple of questions for One X owners:

Does anyone control their One X with a Harmony Hub? How is the Harmony Hub integration with the X?

And does anyone watch UHD Blu Rays on a 1080p TV/projector? My 4k projector upgrade is a couple years away(when prices go down) so for the meantime I will be watching my UHD Blu Rays on a 1080p projector(mainly for Atmos). I've read online that some people have had colour banding issues while watching 4k content on a 1080p screen, and that 1080p Blu Rays actually look better on a 1080p screen, so I'm a bit worried that watching UHD content on my projector will be a downgrade picture-wise.

I don't know anything about your projector, and very little about them in general. I've followed the Oppo 203 thread on AVS since before launch and people trying to get UHD content looking right on projectors has been a substantial part of the thread. Since most 4K projectors don't support HDR, a lot of people have been trying to strip the HDR while still utilizing the expanded color gamut of Rec. 2020 (vs the usual Rec. 709). There's a lot of complexity here that is better served by the standalone UHD players that you won't find in an Xbox. In the end if you don't get the HDR or the expanded color range, you're left with more pixels and it's underwhelming.

Not having a projector, there's probably some subtlety I'm missing here, but you should look into it. People were achieving this with the Panasonic UB900 player + HDFURY Linker, and there's been a ton of work on the Oppo over the past year to achieve it without the HDFURY device.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
That looks freakin' amazing! How well does it play? Lag issues?

It's actually one of the lowest you can get I believe for this type of pj. It's like 30.9ms, I top matches plenty in any competitive game I play so it definitely isn't a factor at all. I still sometimes can't believe I have a screen that size at that resolution that was pretty affordable overall.

Excellent projector, I highly recommend anyone who is lookin for one to check it out.

It's absolutely one of the best purchases I've made in the world of displays, best 3k I ever spent. Gaming will blow your mind on it,

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually one of the lowest you can get I believe for this type of pj. It's like 30.9ms, I top matches plenty in any competitive game I play so it definitely isn't a factor at all. I still sometimes can't believe I have a screen that size at that resolution that was pretty affordable overall.

Excellent projector, I highly recommend anyone who is lookin for one to check it out.

It's absolutely one of the best purchases I've made in the world of displays, best 3k I ever spent. Gaming will blow your mind on it,
Sounds great. I might start looking into it.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Not sure why this happens but for some reason it has happened a few times now that I exit MHW, but I don't quit it. I fire up YouTube during dinner and then I want to get back to MHW. Usually the game would still be running, but just now it had quit the game by itself and this happened yesterday too. Why? Used to be fine all this time.

I've been having issues like that too lately, before I could jump from game to game/app without issue. Now I get an error message of "game took too long to open" or it just stays in the display screen forcing me to restart my Xbox each time.

As for Kage, I noticed a strange headset issue yesterday as well. All of this seems to be too much of a coincidence since it's happened within this past week.

counterfly

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Question, are the batteries that come with an Xbox One X controller rechargeable? If not, what are the most used options?

Not used to batteries anymore with using PS4/Switch :)

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Question, are the batteries that come with an Xbox One X controller rechargeable? If not, what are the most used options?

No unfortunately not but you can use your own I think. Don't know if they recharge in the controller if connected via USB to the console. I personally have bought the Play & Charge Kit to do this!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Has anyone here played battlefront 2 on both ps4 pro and 1X?
I own both versions and while the PS4 Pro version is certainly gorgeous, the Xbox One X version has it beat by a country mile due to the resolution bump.

If you're picking between the two and don't have another factor to consider (like where your friends are playing) you should go with the X version.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I own both versions and while the PS4 Pro version is certainly gorgeous, the Xbox One X version has it beat by a country mile due to the resolution bump.

If you're picking between the two and don't have another factor to consider (like where your friends are playing) you should go with the X version.

Yea what happened was a buddy of mine just bitched out on gettin it for ps4 and that's where I've been playing it since.

But I bought an 1X for the hell of it and I think I'll buy it again for the X since their big game changes are coming to it.

bry

Oct 27, 2017

I bought a pack of eneloops with the charger, and like an extra 8 or 12 eneloop batteries i think.
Keep all the controllers I have loaded and can swap out/charge batteries constantly as needed.
Eneloops seem to hold a charge for a long time too. Longer than the energizers I used before atleast

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know of any games that run between 48-60fps? My freesync monitor comes tomorrow and I need to figure out games to test!

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know of any games that run between 48-60fps? My freesync monitor comes tomorrow and I need to figure out games to test!

Does that actually work at the moment? I thought some updates would be needed at this point to full support VRR. Or if a monitor supports HDMI 2.1, it should be good to go? I guess I haven't kept up with this, but if it actually was working, I feel certain Digital Foundry would have done something on it and I don't recall anything yet.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GTA4 would be an interesting one to test if you have it: frame rate is unlocked and is all over the shop.

Good idea! Hadn't considered 360 games!

Does that actually work at the moment? I thought some updates would be needed at this point to full support VRR. Or if a monitor supports HDMI 2.1, it should be good to go? I guess I haven't kept up with this, but if it actually was working, I feel certain Digital Foundry would have done something on it and I don't recall anything yet.

The update that supports VRR is out now on the xbox insider branch of updates. Only came out about two days ago so.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/LucidSound-O...521476673&sr=8-3&keywords=lucidsound+xbox+one

Anyone gonna buy this? I have the RIG 800 and Razer Thresher (Essential version) and while both are good, I wish they were better in some stuff:

RIG 800 is the best for multi but the sound/bass isn't too load so you might miss a footstep or something incoming. I terms of comfy though, this is the best in the market. No sweat after a whole day of Overwatch and while the Mic Monitor is low, you don't need to shout to hear yourself at all and you don't have the feeling that your sound is muffled.

Thresher sound lovely but no mic monitor (I know about the trick to turn it on, holding volume button still awful) means I have this feeling that my ears/sound are completely pressed and must shout to hear myself. Really awful for Overwatch/multi game. I love the sound/bass much better than RIG though. And even getting the gel foam didn't help with getting sweat, sadly.

Overall RIG800 is still the best Headset available for Xbox One (Wireless) even if there is a small dongle attached. Before buying these two I had the Astro A50 and sold it after few months. The bass is overkill to the point you can't hear shit in Overwatch. Tried different EQ setups to no avail. And the sound cutting mid-game even for a brief second didn't help at all. Will never buy another Astro.

So before I shill another $180 bucks for Lucidsound, is anyone gonna buy and post about it here or make a thread? Would really appreciate it.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I want to let you know that we need to push out the launch date to September 1, 2018 for the LS35X and December for the LS15X. As a token of our appreciation for your continued support and patience we would like to offer you a free travel/storage case for your LS35X and LS15X. All customers with pre-orders placed on Amazon before May 1, 2018 will receive a custom designed headset case with their product when it ships.

Holy delay batman!

https://twitter.com/LucidSoundAudio/status/976173070493696000
http://www.lucidsound.com/news/ls35xa-and-ls15x-updates.html

Guess I will stick to my RIG 800.

Bendz

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Hooe this is the right place for this question... I have an Astro setup for Xbox--A40s and the latest wired
mixamp. I've recently started using Dolby Atmos and now I'm wondering if there's any point in using the mix amp, other than the facility to alter the balance between voice volume and game volume. Will I get the same quality of audio from just plugging my A40s straight into the contriller?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Picked up the X this morning before work and got Far Cry 5 for free due to Gamestop's deal this week....I'm happy lol.

Can't wait to get home and set this bad boy up.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Question. The super large patches. Are they mainly 4K assets for games? Can they be skipped if one isn't interested in that but instead just mainly wants the extra performance the X can give? Games are going to look better then on the Xbox One S right out of the box right simply due to the hardware right or are those updates needed see any change for the better visually?

Thanks

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Question. The super large patches. Are they mainly 4K assets for games? Can they be skipped if one isn't interested in that but instead just mainly wants the extra performance the X can give? Games are going to look better then on the Xbox One S right out of the box right simply due to the hardware right or are those updates needed see any change for the better visually?

Thanks
a) if you are on the One X you can't skip the asset patches.

b) Games that are not patched for One X get an obligatory 16xAF texture filtering, better loading times in-game and a more consistent frame rate. If a game has dynamic resolution your game may run always at the max allowed resolution.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know exactly where to pose this question, but this seems a reasonable place.

I'm on the cusp of finally becoming an Xbox One owner, and am mulling over the S and the X. I'm thinking that the former is probably the best bet for my usage case.

For context:

I only have a 1080p TV. An upgrade isn't on the cards this year.

I already have a PS4 Pro - I know I'm not getting the best versions of multi-plats on that any more, but they're good enough for me and said 1080p TV.

I'll be purchasing it mainly because my son loves Forza Horizon and also has a handful of backwards compatible games he still enjoys on his spluttering, ailing Xbox 360. Naturally I'm also interested in playing the exclusives I haven't touched so far this gen.

Personally, I have an irrational propensity to buy higher end than is necessary when I should be saving money and ideally, I'd prefer to avoid doing so this time - will I be missing out significantly given what I've just said?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know exactly where to pose this question, but this seems a reasonable place.

I'm on the cusp of finally becoming an Xbox One owner, and am mulling over the S and the X. I'm thinking that the former is probably the best bet for my usage case.

For context:

I only have a 1080p TV. An upgrade isn't on the cards this year.

I already have a PS4 Pro - I know I'm not getting the best versions of multi-plats on that any more, but they're good enough for me and said 1080p TV.

I'll be purchasing it mainly because my son loves Forza Horizon and also has a handful of backwards compatible games he still enjoys on his spluttering, ailing Xbox 360. Naturally I'm also interested in playing the exclusives I haven't touched so far this gen.

Personally, I have an irrational propensity to buy higher end than is necessary when I should be saving money and ideally, I'd prefer to avoid doing so this time - will I be missing out significantly given what I've just said?
I've owned a Pro since it's launch and recently bought an X.

Defining "missing out significantly" is going to be a challenge here. Especially because you already own a Pro. I would weigh this decision almost entirely on your personal interest in the Xbox exclusives, as they are the games that will take full advantage of the X, just as it is with the Pro. Gears of War for example offers a 60fps mode on the X, but is still a very attractive game on the S. You're just going to have to weigh how much some improvements like that are going to mean to you, and every game isn't even going to offer improvements that big.

If you do buy an X though I'd strongly recommend buying it on eBay, as there are some sellers offering great deals and you pay no sales tax. It could make the X far closer to a $400 purchase.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
so i haven't turned on my xbox in a week or two and i noticed in the settings i have that setting to change the TV to game mode automatically...but it's grayed out? is it going to be available or work on LG OLEDs?

USF

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know where to ask this..
Got a question about game installs on Xbox One / X

If I have lets say FM7 Ultimate Edition installed by disc, then buy the digital copy of FM7 Standard Edition will I:
1. Need to download the game again or will it run off of the install?
2. Will I be able to keep and use the Ultimate Edition content? (without disc)

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Don't know where to ask this..
Got a question about game installs on Xbox One / X

If I have lets say FM7 Ultimate Edition installed by disc, then buy the digital copy of FM7 Standard Edition will I:
1. Need to download the game again or will it run off of the install?
2. Will I be able to keep and use the Ultimate Edition content? (without disc)

Did you have to input codes from the disk case to get the UE content? If so you shouldn't need to use the disk for that.

And as Xbox games and DLC are usually separate items. If you own FM7 base game, that shouldn't need another download.

However there are sometimes quirks when going from different versions of games - GOTY editions to regular - so don't take this as Gospel.

I own the Ryse disk. But once it was in Games With Gold I grabbed that version. Didn't need to download the game again. My original install runs fine without the disk.

USF

Oct 28, 2017
Did you have to input codes from the disk case to get the UE content? If so you shouldn't need to use the disk for that.

And as Xbox games and DLC are usually separate items. If you own FM7 base game, that shouldn't need another download.

However there are sometimes quirks when going from different versions of games - GOTY editions to regular - so don't take this as Gospel.

I own the Ryse disk. But once it was in Games With Gold I grabbed that version. Didn't need to download the game again. My original install runs fine without the disk.
Got it thanks, all clear now

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to upload a Far Cry clip, and it would not upload at all, so I downgraded my firmware from the insider build and it deleted my fucking captures. It kept literally everything else. Fuckin' end me y'all.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
So, this is going to sound like an odd question, but I'm going to ask it in here anyway.

Is there any way to still appear online but hide all of my gaming activity? As in, playing a game, friends can see that I'm online, but they can't see what I'm playing?

I ask this because I want to play The Witcher 3, but I work with young kids and teenagers, and I don't want them thinking that what I'm playing is good for them to play. I know I'd freak some parents out too, but I also don't want to block them out of being able to shoot me a message or invite.

I've googled up a storm and can't find anything other than just appearing completey offline, and even then I can't definitively see that nothing from said game won't appear on my activity feed even if I've got that "blocked" currently.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have an Xbox One S/X Kinect adapter they're willing to sell? Asked in the buy/sell/trade thread but no bites. Can't tell what's real/fake on eBay, prices elsewhere are insane. New X owner, want my voice commands back.