• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I know that, was just wondering if there were more reasonable options like from someone here. There are tons that are $60 or so on eBay (then, like, $200 on Amazon) but I can't tell what's real on eBay! If I could pay $60 to someone here who isn't going to rip me off, I'd much prefer that. Willing to pay a bit extra due to the limited supply!

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
:) <3

My goods are here.

IMG_4725.jpg

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I found someone selling the Kinect adapter for $68 on eBay, which is an OK price. He seems to have tons of them:
ucoMAUm.jpg

Wondering about the veracity, I asked. He responded:
Hello Dear Friend,
Thanks for contact us
Yes
You can order in the best price guaranteed! 68.99$!
Thanks
Have a Great day
Which didn't exactly inspire a ton of confidence.

What say you, ResetEra? These legit?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, yeah saw that one. I was going by the picture. I dunno. Seems legit, but a few things are flagged for me.

It's coming from China, and all his feedback is private. That for me, is a pass. I sent a message asking specifically if it's an authentic Microsoft adapter, or is a third party or knock-off adapter. We'll see what he says on that.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
So, this is going to sound like an odd question, but I'm going to ask it in here anyway.

Is there any way to still appear online but hide all of my gaming activity? As in, playing a game, friends can see that I'm online, but they can't see what I'm playing?

I ask this because I want to play The Witcher 3, but I work with young kids and teenagers, and I don't want them thinking that what I'm playing is good for them to play. I know I'd freak some parents out too, but I also don't want to block them out of being able to shoot me a message or invite.

I've googled up a storm and can't find anything other than just appearing completey offline, and even then I can't definitively see that nothing from said game won't appear on my activity feed even if I've got that "blocked" currently.

Xbox.com is blocked at work so I can't open this but I think it might be what you're looking for - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/how-to-manage-activity-feed-privacy

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I need help. I bought an Xbox One X at the end of November. Been playing fine up until about February when I began having issues.
First issue began where I would close a game I was playing to open another one and just get an error message.
Next issue is when I would attempt to turn on the Xbox via controller I wouldn't be able to unless I did the hold the power button for 10 seconds.
After that I would try to install a game or an update, once started it would freeze at a % and not resume until I did a soft system reset.
Trailers never loaded for me in the games store.
Things got progressively worse over the past few days where I can play a game until the end of the match where it'll just freeze or lock up.

Things I've noticed, the rear-right corner where the outlet connect and HDMI seems significantly hot. The Xbox sits on top of a shelf with plenty of space and nothing near by 8 inches.
I have called support and did a hard reset. Everything worked fine for a day.
The next time I called support I wasn't near my Xbox but the rep told me it may be an issue with network. Not the issue.

My diagnosis is, the Xbox may have just had some issue but I went to Lowe's to buy one of those test things to check for geounded outlets. The outlet is an ungrounded outlet. Can this be an issue that affected my Xbox?

I plan to take it into the Microsoft store for repair soon.

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any chance that we'll see WMR support coming to Xbox?
So I found someone selling the Kinect adapter for $68 on eBay, which is an OK price. He seems to have tons of them:

Wondering about the veracity, I asked. He responded:

Which didn't exactly inspire a ton of confidence.

What say you, ResetEra? These legit?
Doesn't seem legit to me. I bought an official Windows branded one a few years ago and it came in a fully coloured box similar to a Xbox console. I also got one from support thanks to the "upgrade to the XB1S and get an adapter for free" promo that existed when the XB1S just released and that one came in a blank bubble envelope.

Neither package has any resemblance to what is advertised on that Ebay page.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take one for the team. I'll order it and if it's not legit, I'll send for a refund.

**EDIT:**

Done. Ordered. We'll see if it's legit in a month or so.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
No problem lol. I don't really need it. I have an Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X, so my Kinect works fine with my OG Xbox One. I'm too inquisitive lol.
Haha one for the team, I'll give you that. Looking at the picture of the boxes they don't really look like the real thing, but it's a conversion of a signal from a proprietary Kinect connection to USB so I guess it isn't entirely impossible they've made their own cable that works.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The boxes remind me of the utilitarian stuff you'd get direct from the company, rather than store packaging. Like, the Rock Band adapter (from Amazon) came in a box that looked exactly like that. So... who knows. It's possible these things are coming straight from the Chinese supplier from the original molds!

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hardly used my Nintendo Switch and managed to swap it for an Xbox One X.

Decided to pick up Gears 4, Halo 5, Halo MCC, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Forza 7 and Shadow of War. I'll probably pick up Far Cry 5 at some point, and maybe Witcher 3 (which I've finished twice on my Pro prior to the resolution patch).

Enjoying it so far, best of both worlds now.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
New Xbox Elite controller coming? Friend can't get one from any stores, GAME said sales are on hold because a new one is coming end of April or early May.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why my console isn't automatically downloading updates? I have it set for instant on. I turn it on today and theres 5 games waiting to be updated. I had to go and manually click update for each title.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
What is up with the DL speeds on my new One X? I have speeds of 400-500 Mbps on the settings detailed network stats, but the update took forever. It took me less time to clear my old Xbox One, trade it in to Gamestop, go buy a One X from Best Buy, then drive home than it did to update. Now I'm getting 20 Mbps speeds downloading games. Any ideas?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
When did the X start outputting everything as Dolby Atmos? Before it was only games with Atmos support like AC Origins or Super Lucky Tales. However, with one of the last couple preview updates, my X is now outputting everything as Atmos. I just loaded up Hellblade, PUBG, and Mass Effect 3, and all 3 games were outputting an Atmos signal instead of the usual bitstream mix that would end up with my receiver mixing it to Dolby Surround 5.1.2.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
When did the X start outputting everything as Dolby Atmos? Before it was only games with Atmos support like AC Origins or Super Lucky Tales. However, with one of the last couple preview updates, my X is now outputting everything as Atmos. I just loaded up Hellblade, PUBG, and Mass Effect 3, and all 3 games were outputting an Atmos signal instead of the usual bitstream mix that would end up with my receiver mixing it to Dolby Surround 5.1.2.
If a game does not support native ATMOS, it is an emulated ATMOS output you get.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this change drives me crazy. I wanna use my ceiling speakers, Microsoft, so let me use Dolby Surround Sound or DTS: Neural X upmixing!

If a game does not support native ATMOS, it is an emulated ATMOS output you get.
I wish that were the case. That's the AVR upmixing, like SimpleCRIPPLE said. High Def Digest did a comparison review of the two; it's a good read.

Rather, what the Xbox One is doing is wrapping whatever the native audio signal is in an ATMOS feed, but not doing anything else with it. A 5.1 game, for example, remains 5.1. And since it's being sent as an ATMOS signal, the AVR processes it as 5.1 without any ability to upmix it. I'm certain there's valid reason why an ATMOS signal can't be upmixed/processed differently, but I don't know what it is.

Okami HD is a good example. For whatever reason, the game's in stereo. Which, why?! Anyway, I get an ATMOS signal from the Xbox One and only the Left and Right channels are used, as they would normally. If I go into the Settings on my Xbox and change it to PCM, then I can upmix the stereo signal. Which, interestingly enough, puts the stereo signal in my 4 ceiling speakers and leaves the Surround Side and Surround Back channels silent. This is with Dolby Surround Sound upmixing and I can't remember if I tried DTS: Neural X. Damn, now I'm curious if DTS is any different. Ha!

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Does the xbox continue to upload clips to xbox live when the console is off? I do have it in the "still kinda on" mode where patches and stuff download, but I'm noticing that my clips aren't uploading in this state.

I saved a sweet pubg clip last night and hit to upload to xbox live before turning the system off. Today I still don't have the clip in my feed, so I imagine it didn't do it.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
DJ Lushious
I really thought they would do something with the audio other than just contain it into another bitstream format.
Yeah, it's a decision I guess I could understand, but I think it automatically switching between PCM and ATMOS, where applicable, was a much better solution. Thankfully it takes all but a few moments to switch between Audio Output settings, but I much prefer being lazy and not having to do anything. Haha!

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Haha one for the team, I'll give you that. Looking at the picture of the boxes they don't really look like the real thing, but it's a conversion of a signal from a proprietary Kinect connection to USB so I guess it isn't entirely impossible they've made their own cable that works.
I received a shipping notification this morning. Estimated time of arrival, May 7 - Jun 6.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Trying to work out if my XB1X has developed a fault or not. It was always pretty quiet when I bought it. And the Forza games are still pretty quite.

But now some games really makes the fans go for it. I don't know if this is normal or not. But the fans are really loud during Doom and pretty loud during Far Cry 5.

How is this for you folks?

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Aye doom for me makes my X sound like a jet, it's about the only game that does it.

I thought my Xbox One X had maybe developed a fault but when you pause the game the fans literally stop, start again when you un-pause. I didn't know until I took my headphones off as I always play with headphones.

I wouldn't worry too much about it just the fans doing their job.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Trying to work out if my XB1X has developed a fault or not. It was always pretty quiet when I bought it. And the Forza games are still pretty quite.

But now some games really makes the fans go for it. I don't know if this is normal or not. But the fans are really loud during Doom and pretty loud during Far Cry 5.

How is this for you folks?
I can confirm with those games the fan is constantly working, but it is not like a jet engine for me, but noticeable louder than before.