Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really haven't been following stock levels and I'm very tempted to pick this up tomorrow. Any idea if that would be possible or is stock all gone, I'm in the UK. Thanks
Your best bet at this stage will be to reserve one online at your local Argos store first thing in the morning.

Bendz

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Amazon finally took my money, looking like tomorrow is going to happen now. Excite! Also I have to say that Era has been so much fun to visit over the last week or so. Lovely vibe going on in the X threads. Long may it continue.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the ship notice. I moved all my games to a 4tb hard drive this week, and I have planned to finish my week's worth of homework after work today. I will have a full gaming day, dammit.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
HK people here, currently lineing up for the launch event, didn't expect a lot of people lineing up there already so decided go there early, that also means i end up didn't eat anything after breakfast lol(was planned go to the event after dinner).

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
So got a text this morning from DPD to say that it's been delayed as they don't have the parcel. Rang up GAME and the robot said that it will now be delivered on the 8th, rang up a couple of stores and they said they have not received any of there stock in. So for now I have pre-ordered elsewhere. Worried like anything right now.

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You and me both, buddy! Ordered my Scorpio right after the conference on August 20 but mine still says 'Wordt verwerkt'. No charge on my CC either. They better not fuck up, I took 3 days off for this! I'll keep you posted if anything changes
Just got a message from Bol that my Scorpio has shipped. But they've yet to withdraw money from my account as I type this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to pick up an 8tb external hard drive so it looks like I'm joining you in the fun part of copying everything over.

I'm on track to get it delivered tomorrow morning but I have to call up early to get it redirected to my work or I'm waiting another day. -_-
got a 2TB myself, Not until after it was already processed was I told that i had to go do something today...At this point im hoping that im here at the time of delivery or that the mailman is nice enough by leaving it by the front door...

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks guys.

At least we're all in the same disappointing boat! Launch day delivery for us it seems.

Just in case you didn't see my other post. I would ring up GAME now if I were you. My delivery date has been pushed to the 8th. Sent a e-mail and was told they have a allocation problem and I might not get it at all, I have pre-ordered elsewhere.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Getting a little bit angsty about Amazon UK not changing status yet. Supposed to be today dispatch, so I will have to wait for tomorrow hopefully. Typical I have to work.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Question to those who already have it : if you used the backup tool on external drive, does it save everything including your account settings as well as any other accounts on the console ? I'm doing game sharing with a friend (my console is set as his primary) and it would be great if we don't have anything to set up again...

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Game have delayed my console. DPD haven't recieved the parcel, was going to be delivered today :(

Hope it comes tomorrow.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I was all set to press the button on the Samsung C27HG70 (1440p, HDR, Freesync 2), thinking this would be perfect for my gaming (mainly sim racing) rig where I can't have a massive monitor, but reading reviews, the freesync 2 part worries me a little, the stated range over HDMI is 50-100hz, which seems not 'enough' especially down the lower end, I'd like this to be around 40Hz ideally considering many '60 fps' games often dip in to the low-mid 40's..

I could just get a cheaper AOX AG241QX or AG271QX (30-60hz freesync 1, 1440p) and wait until late next year when hopefully we have 'affordable' 4k hdr freesync 2 monitors..

I'll wait until DF or similar test out 1440p and Freesync support, I suspect my best bet would be to get the older freesync 1 monitors that support down to 30hz over hdmi (there are a few) and just wait for another year.
Will the Scorpio support 1440p? Probably best to wait until the 2018 4k hdr models come out.

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
time to remove all credit cards off the account and receive for free. A perfect plan.
8ytfdz.gif

Will the Scorpio support 1440p? Probably best to wait until the 2018 4k hdr models come out.
Xbox One X will support 1440p output on 1440p displays

Aygomyownroad

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered on the 29th of October. Just been dispatched from Microsoft.

I hope it gets here tomorrow but it won't be long!

Last time I was as excited about a console launch was the ps2!

Oct 29, 2017
unsure if the step is big enough for me, as a ps4pro/1080p user, to spend the money.

Same here. I do like the Xbox ecosystem and I have a decent digital library from a couple of years ago. But I already have a PS4 Pro (and therefore exclusives) and a 1080p TV so the X wouldn't make much sense.

I need to stop visiting this thread and getting more and more tempted.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unsure if the step is big enough for me, as a ps4pro/1080p user, to spend the money.

The step in Shadow of War was pretty damn big between pro and X but since its 1080p that would be interesting. Does Pro natively support supersampling because the X does and that would improve your experience along with all the other extra features the X does without needing a patch.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Packing up my big fat baby. Thanks for 4 years. :D

img_20171106_114646mzshl.jpg

Will do the same as well. farewell my big silent box :(

Looking at your picture makes me think we had the same problem : your Day One pad died and they offered a special edition pad as they couldn't replace it with another day one pad ? (I took the Blue Forces one instead of the TF...).

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Will do the same as well. farewell my big silent box :(

Looking at your picture makes me think we had the same problem : your Day One pad died and they offered a special edition pad as they couldn't replace it with another day one pad ? (I took the Blue Forces one instead of the TF...).

Oh no. I have the day one 2013 controller still. Works fine. But use the TF controller always and will keep it. Probably will switch to the X controller tho.

amardilo

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Anyone use a USB 3.0 hub with their Xbox One?

I have 3 hard drives and a Kinect so I bought an Anker 4 port USB 3.0 hub so I can keep everything plugged in when I migrate from my Xbox One (Day One edition) to a new Xbox One X but when I plugged the hard drives and Kinect (with the adaptor) into my Xbox One as a test none of the devices showed up (I also tried plugging 1 device in at a time to the hub and no devices work).

I have tried the USB 3.0 hub with and without power and nothing works. Any ideas? Does the Xbox One not work with a hub or is my hub faulty?

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone use a USB 3.0 hub with their Xbox One?

I have 3 hard drives and a Kinect so I bought an Anker 4 port USB 3.0 hub so I can keep everything plugged in when I migrate from my Xbox One (Day One edition) to a new Xbox One X but when I plugged the hard drives and Kinect (with the adaptor) into my Xbox One as a test none of the devices showed up (I also tried plugging 1 device in at a time to the hub and no devices work).

I have tried the USB 3.0 hub with and without power and nothing works. Any ideas? Does the Xbox One not work with a hub or is my hub faulty?

I don't have one but I know it works on the Xbox. Can you try the hub on you computer to see if it's faulty.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
So got a text this morning from DPD to say that it's been delayed as they don't have the parcel. Rang up GAME and the robot said that it will now be delivered on the 8th, rang up a couple of stores and they said they have not received any of there stock in. So for now I have pre-ordered elsewhere. Worried like anything right now.

A friend of mine who went via Amazon on Day one (Not Prime) got an update saying delivery 8th - when he argued it via online chat, they said they had no stock. :/

Getting a little bit angsty about Amazon UK not changing status yet. Supposed to be today dispatch, so I will have to wait for tomorrow hopefully. Typical I have to work.

Mine still says dispatching "today" delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed it changes soon.

Whoa, it just changed from "Arriving tomorrow by 8PM" to "Arriving tomorrow by 11PM"

C'mon AmazonUK, sort your shit out.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My amazon UK order hasn't moved, in terms of stages... But now it's saying tomorrow by 11 p. M. (rather than 8 p. M.)

Seems weird so I'm hoping it's an automatic clock thing and not real. Would feel bad for any delivery driver out at that time!

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I've got more moving around to do. My S from my study to the lounge replace the Day One I gave my kids. I'll need to make the S my Home console so they can carry on playing my games without me needing to sign in.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yeeeessss I was just charged by Amazon for my Scorpio Edition. I now have to hatch a plot to get the UPS driver to deliver my console to me before 5pm for once.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
amazon finally charged my card at 4am... preparing for shipment but who knows when it'll actually get here (the estimate still says next week)