• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My Scorpio edition is sitting at my house waiting for me to get off work.

My wife sent me a video of the box. I suddenly feel like I need fake illness and go home for the day.
You should have her set it up for you and start downloads, that way it will actually be ready for you when you get home.

Oct 27, 2017
Did you argue with them to get the $50 gift card lol? Cause I might do that.

No, they brought it up even before I suggested how it would have been nice to have known sooner regarding not getting the Xbox One X on release day so I could have considered other options. I've ordered from Amazon and hopefully that goes through (supposed to be here Thursday) but I'll keep the Best Buy order until then just in case they somehow fulfill it before then and to get the $50 Gift Card (they said if I don't get the Xbox One X from them "today" I'll receive the gift card as compensation of sorts).

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get my game updates for super sampling etc and 4K stuff?

I just went to start Forza 7 and it's dowloading a 28Gb patch

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Feeling a little nervous about my Scorpio edition. Last night we picked up mine at Gamestop then had to go to another to get my wife's (they would not allow me to pre-order 2 at the same Store). When we got home I decided to hook up my wife's system first and by the time we were done it was really late so we went to bed. Got up this morning had some coffee and breakfast and read a few threads here. Came up to my game room did some cleaning and noticed that on my Scorpio edition on the dead center bottom of the front facing of the box is a giant gash/hole in my box. It looks like something impaled it since it is a deep gash.

Booted up the system it turned on no issues and then I hit the Guide Button followed by "A" when you boot it up. Then at the update screen when I try to hit Start it does nothing. You have Start or Turn off system. Nothing would move, left or right on the dpad or thumbstick, no buttons would work, but yet it worked just seconds ago when it had me hit the guide and "A" button. I removed the batteries and re-inserted them and now it works. I am hoping there was no damage because the what that hole was something hit it pretty hard. I inspected the system and it looks fine. Where the hole penetrated into the box the unit was sitting higher due to the foam, so whatever hit it does not seem to hit the console. What bums me out other than being paranoid something might go wrong is that the hole is dead center bottom on the side that says "Project Scorpio". I know it is just a box, but I like to display my boxes in my game room and it looks kind of shitty with a hole in it. Since my wife could give a shit about a box, I might take her box and use it for the display. I wish I would of checked it before I left since I normally do...I was just in a hurry to get out the store and to the next store to get her unit. Hopefully after playing it all day today and being off tomorrow I don't have any issues.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Love the new controllers with the textured grip at the back. Was still using the old controllers before. But it feels nice.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
You should have her set it up for you and start downloads, that way it will actually be ready for you when you get home.
Im glad I picked it up at midnight last night so I could start the download for everything, even though I had to work a half day starting at 6am today. These updates and downloads for enhanced games are massive, even with my FIOS internet.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Rainbow Six Siege with vsync off runs terrorist hunt at 60 fps.

Edit : Spoke too soon. It can run at 60 fps, but not on all levels.

Edit2: Ok, so killing one enemy was enough to get it from ~45 fps to 60 fps. If only the cpu had been slightly more powerful...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/console-wont-power-on

Note Because the console has a built-in surge protector, you should not connect it to an external surge protector. If you connect the console to another surge protector, the console cannot reach the full power that is needed for optimal performance.
wtf? I swear I saw this exact recommendation on the PS4 support site, and it makes no sense to me. Any electrical/electronic engineer here could please elaborate on the subject? I mean, is it even a real issue?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
WTF my xbox one x is bricked! I played on it 2-3 hours. powered it down and went out for doing stuff, now when I try to turn it on it doesnt start now. Seems like a fuse blew in it or something. tried disconnecting cables, holding in the x button etc etc. I need to send it back for a replacement. gah!
this is at least the 2nd one reported here so far. worrying.

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got home. Plugged it in and now it's updating, which it is doing freakishly slow :( (Even slower than normal)

img_20171107_185501i1z7k.jpg

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/console-wont-power-on

Solution 1: Reset your internal power supply

The Xbox One S console has an internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide. If your console won't turn on, it may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

Note Because the console has a built-in surge protector, you should not connect it to an external surge protector. If you connect the console to another surge protector, the console cannot reach the full power that is needed for optimal performance.
My S was plugged into a surge protector for 13 months,with no problems, this seems weird

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WTF my xbox one x is bricked! I played on it 2-3 hours. powered it down and went out for doing stuff, now when I try to turn it on it doesnt start now. Seems like a fuse blew in it or something. tried disconnecting cables, holding in the x button etc etc. I need to send it back for a replacement. gah!

Try to reset the inernal power supply

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Guys any word on Sunset getting a patch? I got it free with game pass, and after my Halo 5 play through, would like to play Susnet. If a patch is coming, i'd definitely wait for it to drop. Don't understand why it wouldn't, seeing as OG games are getting patched, but my google FU failed me.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
wtf? I swear I saw this exact recommendation on the PS4 support site, and it makes no sense to me. Any electrical/electronic engineer here could please elaborate on the subject? I mean, is it even a real issue?

Not an engineer but this doesn't mean you will have problems plugging it into a surge protector. I've had all of my consoles plugged into one for as long as I can remember.

They just don't recommend it because since it has its own surge protector you can occasionally have issues where it doesn't get the correct power draw from the surge protector. I'm sure if there is a lightning strike or something you might have issues but otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.

And Microsoft has recommended this going back to the 360. It's not some new thing

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who ordered through Amazon know if they are doing signature required deliveries or are they just leaving them at the door?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Feeling a little nervous about my Scorpio edition. Last night we picked up mine at Gamestop then had to go to another to get my wife's (they would not allow me to pre-order 2 at the same Store). When we got home I decided to hook up my wife's system first and by the time we were done it was really late so we went to bed. Got up this morning had some coffee and breakfast and read a few threads here. Came up to my game room did some cleaning and noticed that on my Scorpio edition on the dead center bottom of the front facing of the box is a giant gash/hole in my box. It looks like something impaled it since it is a deep gash.

Booted up the system it turned on no issues and then I hit the Guide Button followed by "A" when you boot it up. Then at the update screen when I try to hit Start it does nothing. You have Start or Turn off system. Nothing would move, left or right on the dpad or thumbstick, no buttons would work, but yet it worked just seconds ago when it had me hit the guide and "A" button. I removed the batteries and re-inserted them and now it works. I am hoping there was no damage because the what that hole was something hit it pretty hard. I inspected the system and it looks fine. Where the hole penetrated into the box the unit was sitting higher due to the foam, so whatever hit it does not seem to hit the console. What bums me out other than being paranoid something might go wrong is that the hole is dead center bottom on the side that says "Project Scorpio". I know it is just a box, but I like to display my boxes in my game room and it looks kind of shitty with a hole in it. Since my wife could give a shit about a box, I might take her box and use it for the display. I wish I would of checked it before I left since I normally do...I was just in a hurry to get out the store and to the next store to get her unit. Hopefully after playing it all day today and being off tomorrow I don't have any issues.
I also had a nice hole in my box. Wrapping around the console wasn't touched in any way, in fact the rest of the packaging is completely pristine. No idea what went on there.

Oct 27, 2017
Had a couple of hours with it and colour me impressed. Updated like a dream, assassins creed origins looks amazing in HDR and 4K. Plus i can't get over how silent it is, even after a couple of hours its quiet. This is my first xbox since the 360 and its worth every penny

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol you guys make me laugh.

Can I ask why your all sitting there, checking delivery status, sitting by the door untill the last delivery, having panic attack's and creating all kinds of anxiety for yourselfs.

When you could have done it the old fashioned way and preordered in a physical store and gone there at your own free will to collect?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
DOC8vxGW4AAAFUH.jpg

Girlfriend has our new console with her at her business meal and I have to wait at least 3 more hours until she comes home...... God damnit!

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Oh man. Hope you're all enjoying tinkering with your new tech. I don't know a single person who isn't impressed by the size and performance.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Lol you guys make me laugh.

Can I ask why your all sitting there, checking delivery status, sitting by the door untill the last delivery, having panic attack's and creating all kinds of anxiety for yourselfs.

When you could have done it the old fashioned way and preordered in a physical store and gone there at your own free will to collect?

Yeah I woke up like 10 pages behind and had to scroll through a hundred posts talking about how worried they are about shipping lol

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Really great system. Seem to have got luck with a really quiet one. It's quieter than my fat Xbox One was, that one had a noisy power brick. But this X is very quiet.

Only issue I've had is ACO just closing down out of the blue to the dashboard a couple of times. Not sure if that is the system or the game. Seen a few reports of it happening on PS4 too.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Edit. My unit is borked. 10 min before I hooked up my "X" I had my "S" hooked up with my external SSD and my 8TB HDD. Turned everything off. unhooked everything and hooked up the "X". Other than the controller wigging out, now all of a sudden the "X" does not see about 20 games that I had installed. My enhanced list just went from 28 games down to 20 and the missing 8 are in the ready to install. On top of that, a few other non-enhanced games have disappeared and out of the blue the controller comes unresponsive. Only fix is to open the battery compartment, remove the batteries (I tired regular batters and my existing battery from the play and charge kit). In the short time the controller has become non responsive 4 times.

Called Gamestop and they said they will swap it out so now on my way to do that. This really sucks, but like any electronic device things happen. I think it has to do with the hole in the box. I worked retail for 32 years and the way that hole is, something hit it extremely hard to cause that, like a pallet jack or something.