• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Scorpio edition. Was hesitant with the gradient, but its looks very very nice in person.

Also dang this thing is small! Solid af.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF my xbox one x is bricked! I played on it 2-3 hours. powered it down and went out for doing stuff, now when I try to turn it on it doesnt start now. Seems like a fuse blew in it or something. tried disconnecting cables, holding in the x button etc etc. I need to send it back for a replacement. gah!

Just return it to the store you bought it at.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
cfd96660-d57a-4c5c-8s4ps6.jpeg

We next gen now bois

Oct 27, 2017
Not an engineer but this doesn't mean you will have problems plugging it into a surge protector. I've had all of my consoles plugged into one for as long as I can remember.

They just don't recommend it because since it has its own surge protector you can occasionally have issues where it doesn't get the correct power draw from the surge protector. I'm sure if there is a lightning strike or something you might have issues but otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.

And Microsoft has recommended this going back to the 360. It's not some new thing
thanks, I have all my consoles plugged into one of these, never had an issue. I guess ultimately it all comes down to the quality of the protection device.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a grey screen after quitting a game. I could still hear sounds on the dashboard, but only had a grey screen to look at. Shutting down fixed it. Any clue what causes this?

diablo900t

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Spent about 15 min with the new machine so far, played some AC Origins (not even through the intro). It has the slightest fan noise that I can only hear if the room is completely silent, and even with AC Origins running I had to put my ear up to it in order to hear it. Welcome change from the PS4 Pro. I think it might even be more silent than my Switch when the fans are running (which is docked behind my TV).

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
These reports of failing consoles have me worried. I know it's a small number so far, but seeing the amount of people here and on reddit on the day it launched.....scary stuff. Please let my Scorpio Edition be good.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Last edited:

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my system at lunch, ran home and hooked it up. I updated, then only had a chance to get in one match of KI (had it installed on external drive from Xbox One S). How can I know if my KI has already updated to 4K?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in the middle of installs, but everything in the dash is so much snappier. Hopefully it doesn't bog down for a long while.

System is quiet when idle, but it's a bit noisy during [disc] installation.

The A face button on the controller doesn't seem super responsive. Seems like it needs a really firm press to respond. It's not that problematic as I'll just be using my Elite when I switch that over, but still irksome.

The power light is a mini sun. Could be the difference in age and use, but damn was that bright on startup compared to my OG XBO.

I probably won't play anything on it until I finish Wolfenstein TNO on PS4, but so far I'm impressed with the system itself, and happy to be finally going back to using an XBO controller.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Just got a grey screen after quitting a game. I could still hear sounds on the dashboard, but only had a grey screen to look at. Shutting down fixed it. Any clue what causes this?

Was it a screen that looked like snow? Was the game you quit running in HDR?

I've noticed with both my PS4 Pro and Apple TV 4K that every once in a while when I'm switching from HDR content to something in SDR that the screen switches to snow. Almost like it got stuck in between HDR and SDR and didn't know what to do.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So I have bought one. Honestly for now I'm not that enthusiastic. No controller cable, batteries in 2017, disorienting OS but the worst thing: install the game disc needs like an eternity. I'm genuinely shocked this powerful has the same issue of a ps3. Unbelievable.

Oct 31, 2017
These reports of failing consoles have me worried. I know it's a small number so far, but seeing the amount of people here and on reddit on the day it launched.....scary stuff. Please let my Scorpio Edition be good.
Same! I am more worried that they will not replace with a Scorpio Edition from the few I have seen. I am so hyped to play the new console and would be pretty sad if I can't even enjoy it for more than a couple of hours. At least it isn't only Scorpio or normal Xbox One X being effected. I am still wondering if people with these issues plugged it into a sure protector and not directly into the wall. It's only anecdotal but I have seen about three people with "bricked" consoles that didn't plug them into the wall directly.

Super Rookie

Oct 25, 2017
London
Impressed with how silent the damn thing is, apart from playing blu-ray movies, then it's too loud!

Now just need to wait for the 4K patches to download for the rest of my games...

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hm. Can't run Rise of the Tomb Raider properly, it hard crashes (turns the console off) as it's loading the game (after the menu).

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My One X isn't detecting hdr etc on my ks8000, any ideas?

I'm getting the same thing! HDR settings is grey out in Assassin's Creed Origins. I would like to know more about this as well.

Spitballing here, but try:

• Check the system video settings. It was automatically checked for me, but it's worth a look.
  • Check that the TV settings are set for HDR display, either on or on detect (don't have a ks8000 to know the exact layout), and make sure the whole range is enabled.
  • Make sure you're using the hdmi10 port.
Hopefully the fix is that simple. If not, hopefully someone more familiar can step in to help.

Edit: beaten. Glad it worked.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Lol you guys make me laugh.

Can I ask why your all sitting there, checking delivery status, sitting by the door untill the last delivery, having panic attack's and creating all kinds of anxiety for yourselfs.

When you could have done it the old fashioned way and preordered in a physical store and gone there at your own free will to collect?

I feel you, it also looks like you didn't really have to preorder at all. I see them in stock here at Walmart and Best Buy(Austin, TX area) and Amazon still has Scorpio editions in stock. So this isn't a Switch situation as far as the need to lock in a purchase.

But yea physically going to a store with one held for you is ideal in situations like this. My UPS/FEDex guys don't hit my area until about 7pm.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just called. Here's what I was able to get.

$25 to spend on my next order
1 free month of amazon prime
The supervisor also said to call back after I receive my item and they can provide an additional discount ("up to 50%") on the Xbox One X, but they can only apply it once I recieve the item. I'm skeptical about this, but I'll provide an update on Thursday.

The key when talking to representatives that work for large corporations is be friendly but assertive. Tell them what you want. My initial request was that I wanted the current order to be discounted, because I preordered the item in August and Amazon didn't fulfill their end of the bargain. He put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and then countered saying that he could offer either $25 on my next order or 1 free month. That didn't seem sufficient, so I politely requested to be transferred to his supervisor who offered (above).

just chatted with a rep (told them i was very upset).... they offered me a free month of prime or $8 credit, i took the $8. Better than nothing i guess.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Cross-posting this here for those that have yet to p/u their preorder:

For those that have not yet picked up their order from Gamestop, they have 2 promos running with regards to the X1X and the Elite controller which double stack. You get $50 off the purchase of an Elite controller when you p/u your X1X (mentioned some time last night by another user), and if you trade in another X1 controller, you get another $50 off the Elite controller.