• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean we've been telling you that if you hate the game as much as you clearly do you should just quit. Nobody has forced you to play up to this point aside from yourself
There's an ignore function. I don't find your overt praise of this game insightful either, but I'm not going to complain about it either.

I'm not goint to quit a jrpg, nor am I going to leave a Xeno game unfinished.

Nov 1, 2017
ok so... im at chapter 6 and...

im fighting Torna and i always seem to get wrecked smh. i know i have to destroy the weather umbrella first but the 3 torna members keep killing my party and one of them keeps using taunt which makes it infuriating. im using Rex, Nina and Tora btw level 44 if that helps.
any suggestions please?

The best order to beat them seems to be Akhos > Patroka > Mik. That's what I did and I didn't notice the staff at all (I'm not very perceptive lol).

Mik will taunt a lot, but it's temporary so switch when it's over. I hope this helps

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally had no problem because the game is constantly encouraging you to use the chain attack feature. It's also kind of idiot proof once you get to the breaking orbs part. You either try matching the element and notice it doesn't do much, or you try opposing it and it works well. Plus it outright tells you the mechanic. I don't know what you're doing if you aren't trying to build up for a chain attack tbh.
What is the minimum amount of orbs I should accumulate before chain attacking?

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who that is, but I've beaten 100s or jrpgs, including all of these Xeno games and none of them has been as full of bullshit as this one. Even Tri Ace's Bonus endgame dungeons are less frustrating then this crap.

As soon as I saw the boss seemingly charge up some red bodily energy, I said fuck that. I had 3 orbs on him at this point, activated Ultra Green Pyra proceeded to chain attack. Did all the bursts, which Green Pyra reduces all orbs by one level. She gets at least 2 attacks in. Boss was dead after all the bonus attacks and bursts.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
What is there to be bad at? This is'nt an action game or anything. It's not even a hard game. But I guess I was bad enough to get to the final boss no problem. It's a jrpg. No boss should have a move that just kills you 100%.

I mean I beat the last boss in one attempt and I didnt die in one hit to any of his moves so maybe its just you.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting my ass handed to me by that mini boss in Chapter 3 (the level 22 one). Trying to topple it but Nia isn't using her break arts. Am I just stupid?

Also I still don't understand chain attacks, it's not like XC1, do I need to go through all 4 special arts tiers to use it?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's an ignore function. I don't find your overt praise of this game insightful either, but I'm not going to complain about it either.

I'm not goint to quit a jrpg, nor am I going to leave a Xeno game unfinished.
I don't like using the ignore function on prinicple, especially since as far as I'm aware it can't be used to ignore a specific poster's opinions only in a specific thread. And my posts in this thread have included complaints about QoL features, thoughts on certain story beats, and advice to other players. I'm definitely not posting here just to praise the game.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol the final boss is super easy
if at this stage you don't undertand the concept of using chain attacks before the boss enters rage mode I don't know what to tell you.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting my ass handed to me by that mini boss in Chapter 3 (the level 22 one). Trying to topple it but Nia isn't using her break arts. Am I just stupid?

Also I still don't understand chain attacks, it's not like XC1, do I need to go through all 4 special arts tiers to use it?
The chain attack is useable after the 3 bars at the top left are full, and the chain attack duration and damage can be increased with elemental orbs circling the enemy

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is the minimum amount of orbs I should accumulate before chain attacking?
I mean to maximize damage you'll want 4 or 5 so you can get full burst, but honestly it'll depend on the fight itself, since if an enemy is going down before you can get that many orbs on, there's no point in waiting when you can just kill them immediately

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Chain Attacks get extended by the amount or Orbs you break or Elemental Bursts you perform. The orbs are applied to the enemy by executing Blade Combos. So at that point in the game start off with a Fire special by Rex/Pyra when it says heat on screen. Then have Nia/Dromarch do a level 2 Water Special, then do a Lvl 3 Fire special with Rex/Pyra than you do a completed Blade Combo and applied a Fire Orb to the enemy. When you do a Chain Attack a fire orb will appear and when you do a special it will damage it. Have Nia use Dromarch which will burst the orb and let you do more damage and give you another rotation but with Lvl 2 specials. Most enemies at this point of the game will already be pretty hurt by the time you do a proper Blade combo but try to learn what combo branches you can do with your Blade set up and remember them.

JinnAxel

Oct 30, 2017
I just want this garbage game to be over and now the game insists on pulling out bullshit moves and using mechanics to beat the game that it only introduced and basically asked for on one random boss hours ago. This game hasn't been challenging in it's boss battles and now you have to use it's poorly explained elemental orbs mechanics and a new blade to complete the game is utter bullshit.

I dunno how you managed to not use elemental orbs when it clearly explained them at the beginning of the game as a good way to burst kill enemies.

Anyway, if you're having problems with burst damage, just equip a katana and evade, then res the rest of your party. You're clearly not using the party gauge to break orbs anyway. The wind up for all the hard hitting attacks are so long that it's easy to make sure evade is off cooldown.

Oct 25, 2017

The boss could be resisting Nia's break attack. It'll say break resist.

LunarEmerald

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno how you managed to not use elemental orbs when it clearly explained them at the beginning of the game as a good way to burst kill enemies.

Anyway, if you're having problems with burst damage, just equip a katana and evade, then res the rest of your party. You're clearly not using the party gauge to break orbs anyway. The wind up for all the hard hitting attacks are so long that it's easy to make sure evade is off cooldown.

To be fair the game sucks at explaining anything. I didn't really wrap my head around till I looked it up online.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since my question about nia in chapter 9 was buried
The max affinity level 4 ability you get that requires both pyra and nia, is it good enough that it's worth using nia as a blade from here on out or is it better to keep her human?

Fate

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this game is perfect Nintendo game and it's has no faults whatsoever!

You don't think you're being obnoxious?

If your approach isn't working, consider a different strategy. But just endlessly calling the game garbage whilst refusing to consider your own potential faults in the matter doesn't really inspire confidence in the authenticity of your complaints.

You absolutely do not have to finish a game you aren't enjoying. Why would your force that on yourself? Life is short.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since my question about nia in chapter 9 was buried
The max affinity level 4 ability you get that requires both pyra and nia, is it good enough that it's worth using nia as a blade from here on out or is it better to keep her human?

She's basically the best healing blade in the game at the point, however I kept her in driver form until after I beat the game.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If your approach isn't working, consider a different strategy. But just endlessly calling the game garbage whilst refusing to consider your own potential faults in the matter doesn't really inspire confidence in the authenticity of your complaints.

You absolutely do not have to finish a game you aren't enjoying. Why would your force that on yourself? Life is short.
Rah seems to think that because he spent $60, he needs to justify his purchase. So basically he'd rather waste both his time and money on the game instead of just money

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I found the quest place. It was at Tora's uncle's workshop on the left side of the titan. I couldn't find it because I hadn't discovered that part of the map yet.

Sidenote: Those giant birds don't leave you alone >_<

That's true, I still have no idea what a fusion combo is. But at least chain attacks and elemental orbs had on screen tutorials.
You know whenever the screen zooms in on an enemy and the announcer calls out something along the lines of "Break Volcano" or whatever the combination is? That's a fusion combo. Basically, you want to time your Driver and Blade combos together to get a big damage bonus. In particular, lining up a level 3 Blade combo that hits just in time for a Smash attack to slam a target down after a successful Launch can melt thousands and thousands of HP right then and there.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Beat a level 110 superboss with an 8 orb full burst. I think I'm done with this game. Put 153 hours into it and loved every hour. The only thing I have left to do are superbosses and pulling for rare blades. I might pull for rare blades if I feel like it, but otherwise, I think I'll move on.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know whenever the screen zooms in on an enemy and the announcer calls out something along the lines of "Break Volcano" or whatever the combination is? That's a fusion combo. Basically, you want to time your Driver and Blade combos together to get a big damage bonus. In particular, lining up a level 3 Blade combo that hits just in time for a Smash attack to slam a target down after a successful Launch can melt thousands and thousands of HP right then and there.
I mean I think Ridley is referring more to not knowing what a fusion combo actually does, rather than how to do one

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What strategy is even in this battle system. You either you the art combos or you don't. Then you use other art combos are you don't. Pretty much every battle has been won in this game using a diffrent combination of arts.

But it's hilariously as the final boss battle has made me realize how awful the AI is and how insane the randomness of the RNG Blade system is. To set up the combo for Sealing Reinforcements, I needed Nia to use her water blade which is her primary one, but I had to wait until she herself decided to switch which of coarse makes any other party member then switch to a blade that continue the combo. Which is fine except since I didn't want to continue the combo and take off the Seal I had to be mindful because maybe if I got to a Level 2 part which required one element, Nia would want to stick to the blade that continued the combo. But if that Blade didn't have a healing move she would be spotty in her healing because she wouldn't want to Switch, but I did'nt have a good healing blade for the elements I wanted her to have. No of course Zeke had that Blade, but that didn't really help me. And the problem with giving them different blades that are so tank or fighter is I need Nia to heal and if she decides to switch to a blade that doesn't have a healing spell, she will mostly stay with that Blade until the combo route persuades her to change.

Getting the AI to do exactly what you want is annoying. Doubled by the fact that you have to play around with an RNG system that directly impacts what the characters can do.

Rah seems to think that because he spent $60, he needs to justify his purchase. So basically he'd rather waste both his time and money on the game instead of just money
No, I spent $100 on this game. Plus the cost of the Switch system(I don't care for Mario or Zelda so it was for Xeno/Monolith) and I was a fan of Monolith Soft and the Xeno series until this game came out. This is also the only game I have to play. Also whats the point of having a game unbeaten?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
The first cutscene from chapter 7 is my favourite in the game. Delivery is superb and the details in the scene are superb. Pay attention to how Nia's ears react durimg the whole thing. They really did the details well.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
Ok, I found the quest place. It was at Tora's uncle's workshop on the left side of the titan. I couldn't find it because I hadn't discovered that part of the map yet.

Sidenote: Those giant birds don't leave you alone >_<

Those birds are going to show up in every area and terrorize you right up until endgame

edit: After not playing this game for like a week I've come back to try and get the last few rare blades I need. Thankfully three of them are acquired
Praxis, Theory and Herald
, but the last three, including KOS-MOS whom I've wanted the entire game, are still going to be a pain. Any tips?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What strategy is even in this battle system. You either you the art combos or you don't. Then you use other art combos are you don't. Pretty much every battle has been won in this game using a diffrent combination of arts.

But it's hilariously as the final boss battle has made me realize how awful the AI is and how insane the randomness of the RNG Blade system is. To set up the combo for Sealing Reinforcements, I needed Nia to use her water blade which is her primary one, but I had to wait until she herself decided to switch which of coarse makes any other party member then switch to a blade that continue the combo. Which is fine except since I didn't want to continue the combo and take off the Seal I had to be mindful because maybe if I got to a Level 2 part which required one element, Nia would want to stick to the blade that continued the combo. But if that Blade didn't have a healing move she would be spotty in her healing because she wouldn't want to Switch, but I did'nt have a good healing blade for the elements I wanted her to have. No of course Zeke had that Blade, but that didn't really help me. And the problem with giving them different blades that are so tank or fighter is I need Nia to heal and if she decides to switch to a blade that doesn't have a healing spell, she will mostly stay with that Blade until the combo route persuades her to change.

Getting the AI to do exactly what you want is annoying. Doubled by the fact that you have to play around with an RNG system that directly impacts what the characters can do.

No, I spent $100 on this game. Plus the cost of the Switch system(I don't care for Mario or Zelda so it was for Xeno/Monolith) and I was a fan of Monolith Soft and the Xeno series until this game came out. This is also the only game I have to play. Also whats the point of having a game unbeaten?
What's the point of beating a game you're clearly not enjoying in the slightest? The point of quitting is to stop wasting your time doing something that's only causing you frustration

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of any good JRPG that I've encountered one in.

Lots of Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests, among others, have instant death spells that can be inflicted on you by certain enemies and bosses. There's usually some condition you have to meet to avoid them, or sometimes just luck. Of course, as mentioned above, Xenoblade 2 borrows from MMOs the concept of enrage, which basically means that you have to kill a boss fast enough before it can kill you.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests, among others, have instant death spells that can be inflicted on you by certain enemies and bosses. There's usually some condition you have to meet to avoid them, or sometimes just luck. Of course, as mentioned above, Xenoblade 2 borrows from MMOs the concept of enrage, which basically means that you have to kill a boss fast enough before it can kill you.
also literally every SMT game I can think of (including Persona games) will kill you if the main character dies regardless of the rest of the party and also contains one hit kill moves

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017

That's the Xenoblade Chronicles system. I think in X you could get your teammates to use a specific Art...? But pretty much a valid point.

???

EDIT: Sorry, my previous comment was too harsh. I am just flabbergasted by this statement in so many ways.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Say, what class is the family blade in gormott? Wanna make sure I put it on the right character

Status
Not open for further replies.