Kurumi

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Never played Xenoblade or any Xeno game for that matter. This game better be as good as you all keep saying it is or I will never forgive you Era.

Dec 21, 2017
Very Nice OT!

Is anyone selling the Vinyl Record from the UK Collector's Edition? Plans fell through for one copy and i'm in the market for another!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Chuggaaconroy has mentioned doing a let's play of this again? After I played the original game I loved watching his entire playthrough of the game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Can't sleep so I played a bit, it's Xenoblade all right. Not much to say. Not really feeling the new graphics so far.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Can't wait to start playing. Will be doing main game entirely before FC do gonna be awhile!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
This has been a long time coming. 5.5 hours from now is gonna take forever!!! Great OT!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Never played Xenoblade or any Xeno game for that matter. This game better be as good as you all keep saying it is or I will never forgive you Era.
If your experience is anything like mine when I first played on Wii (was pretty 'meh' on the idea though), you're gonna have a great time. I'm surprised how addicted I became to it right from the start...

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actual footage of me at 9p PDT tonight:
49a.png

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you could travel to any landmark on my first playthrough until literally at the very end of the game :| would have helped so much

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Never played XC1 but did play XC2 and really enjoyed it. How much better is this game compared to XC2? I have super high expectations with the way ERA talks about it lol.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I didn't know you could travel to any landmark on my first playthrough until literally at the very end of the game :| would have helped so much
Woah, does this mean you only traveled to the first landamrk that was selected or you didn't use fast travel at all?

Never played XC1 but did play XC2 and really enjoyed it. How much better is this game compared to XC2? I have super high expectations with the way ERA talks about it lol.
It's great but XC2 does some things better. I prefer XC1 for many reasons, yet I think tastes have a lot to do with XC1 VS XC2 comparisons.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, does this mean you only traveled to the first landamrk that was selected or you didn't use fast travel at all?
I fast travelled to landmarks in the current area then walked a bit to another section then fast travelled again lol. Some times I didn't want to go back cause I felt like I was going to forget what landmark to travel to

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Xenoblade with the 2nd most active positioning system (XCX is 1st in ground combat until infinite overdrive bleh) and the least amount of in-menu subsystem fat.

This is what makes it the best Xenoblade combat overall, and least exploitable one for completely breaking in super late game.

So it remains my favorite combat system of Xeno overall. And it's got the best music too.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
The title screen is still the best ever.

Great OT. Gotta put the FC thread in the ignore list, will check that one in 1-2 months.

krat0zs

Jan 18, 2020
UK
So I guess there's no reason not to use expert mode even if I don't really need a difficulty increase from normal mode?

Also I'm a bit paranoid about crashes or game breaking bugs. I remember when X2 came out I heard a lot of reports of random crashes. I never had any myself but I was paranoid and it kind of cut into my enjoyment

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
First impression: the game looks great in handheld mode lol. So much fuss for nothing

Rickafer

Oct 27, 2017
Hey y'all, anyone know unlock time for MST? Is it 9pm or do they make it midnight for everyone?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
My copy unlocks in six hours, first time playing. What should I know going in?
I think it's fairly self-explanatory but one thing that's nice to know is don't worry about dying, if you get killed on the field you'll just be sent back to the last checkpoint.

Also, the symbols next to enemies' names will tell you how they aggro. Like if it aggros on sight, or by sound, or if they won't attack at all unless you attack first.

And I guess one last thing is remember to spend points to upgrade your attacks in the menu, it's easy to forget to do this after a while.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Is the whole game on the card? I like having physical copies of all these massive RPGs.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing OT! It looks fantastic, and is also extremely informative! (I remember repeatedly referencing Man God's Gem Crafting crafting guide when I was finishing up my XC1 playthrough, very helpful.)

It'd be nice to do a playthrough where I unlocked more content in XC -- I spent 85 hours with varied parties in my playthrough, and still I never got full affinity with the whole party, or unlocked many Heart to Hearts.

Oct 25, 2017
Liking it so far but damn it looks blurry in handheld. Its better docked but when youre in the open on handheld=mess

Also, do these characters ever shut up during battle

ill have questions regarding affinity stuff later

back to it for now

great music btw

Kurumi

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
If your experience is anything like mine when I first played on Wii (was pretty 'meh' on the idea though), you're gonna have a great time. I'm surprised how addicted I became to it right from the start...

I hope so. I need another good jrpg to dive into.