• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Alright, folks. Someone tell me how to set up Seven's arts bar. I have no idea how to customize this one. They seem to be yet another character with a bunch of auras, and I learned in this playthrough that only one aura can be active at a time so it usually doesn't make sense to equip more than one.
Enel (the speedrunner I linked in the threadmarks and OP) has a guide out for Seven (and everyone else, just Riki missing now I believe). He goes over all the different arts and explains what they do and which are ideal.
I know absolutely nothing about this game other than the stuff I have read in the OP, but I've just ordered this and really looking forward to trying it out!
I like you.
First person mode is kinda interesting as well...
It's such a bummer how they screwed up the camera options in 2/Torna. The first person camera is on ground-level and even the height/horizontal alignment adjustment is rigid and limited compared to how they did it here.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get a no spoilerz "how how much time is left" answer? I just started

I dont remember where exactly that ch starts, but i know where it goes so..
i think around 15 hours tops, though of course in the last ch you can take your time to do whatever you want before the point of no return

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I dont remember where exactly that ch starts, but i know where it goes so..
i think around 15 hours tops, though of course in the last ch you can take your time to do whatever you want before the point of no return

Thank you! I love the game, I was just wondering how long it went on for at this point (without googling).

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Similar to poster above, I just got to
Bionis for the first time
, I'm estimating about halfway done and I'm 22 hours in, but how many hours would y'all say I've got to go?

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
The first time I get there. I can't remember the name of the location but
I just got into the base after Shulk had a premonition Fiora is inside

If you mean

Galahad Fortress on Sword Valley then you are about 65-70% through the main story.

Also at 22 hours and already there you must be really rushing.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
If you mean

Galahad Fortress on Sword Valley then you are about 65-70% through the main story.

Also at 22 hours and already there you must be really rushing.
Kind of. I was getting frustrated with bosses absolutely destroying me so I turned on casual mode and then just didn't turn it off and breezed through basically the forest onwards. I'll probably do some side quests and what not to extend my time but I'm mostly just trying to get through the story.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Just got to Valak Mountain or w/e the snowy area is called.

I've been trying to play without looking much up (have looked up some of the high affinity presents and where to find the colony 6 items though) and was super excited to find an advanced book for Melia. I didn't realize it was such a big deal until my SO was like WOAH HOLY SHIT WHERE'D YOU GET THAT.

Since then I haven't found any--and have only unlocked a single new skill tree branch (Reticence for Melia -- my SO explained how to get it luckily).

Are there any obvious skill tree branches or advanced books I've missed? I'm guessing quite a few tbh but I've been trying to be better about finding secret areas since discovering the advanced book in

the high tomb

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

I've been trying to play without looking much up (have looked up some of the high affinity presents and where to find the colony 6 items though) and was super excited to find an advanced book for Melia. I didn't realize it was such a big deal until my SO was like WOAH HOLY SHIT WHERE'D YOU GET THAT.

Since then I haven't found any--and have only unlocked a single new skill tree branch (Reticence for Melia -- my SO explained how to get it luckily).

Are there any obvious skill tree branches or advanced books I've missed? I'm guessing quite a few tbh but I've been trying to be better about finding secret areas since discovering the advanced book in

the high tomb
Advanced books are found from UMs and higher level monsters. You're at the point where you can get Dunban's, Riki, and Shulk's fourth skill trees.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yeah, this game is kinda bonkers with its 100% requirements, I had to reload older saves a couple times to fix screw-ups I made and that was even with me following a guide!

By the way, anyone claiming they finished all side quests with under 100 hours on the clock is is either a liar, seriously mistaken, or an expert at the game. It's ridiculous how many there are (like around 450 or so), and many of them require rare items which require hours just to get a couple items at times.
Yeah I'm loving the game, I'm like 60 hours in and it's probably gonna be my favorite RPG of all time when it's all said and done, and I get why certain quests and items are time sensitive, but man I don't think I've ever thought missable items and quests were ever a good thing in RPGs. It's just kinda frustrating. Oh well. Guess I'll settle for 100%'ing the collectopedia and challenges.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017

the high tomb
Adding to what DPT120 said
You can also get a free Advanced Art Book for Shulk's Battle Soul from Lupa's quest line in Frontier Village

Here's also a list of all which monsters can drop which Advanced Art Books (potential spoilers for Seven), They do only drop from Golden Chests though and have a rare chance of appearing. If you want to grind for them, chests' contents are determined when you open them, so you can save scum it if you save before opening.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I know absolutely nothing about this game other than the stuff I have read in the OP, but I've just ordered this and really looking forward to trying it out!

If I were you, I'd avoid reading anything story related in this thread for the best experience. Ask all gameplay questions to your heart content.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Why don't visions trigger sometimes? I'm fighting these stupid spider kings with Dive Impact, and it's always a party wipe if it hits, but I only get a vision like 1/3 of the time.

Related: what's the range of these sorts of attacks? I'm Melia and I'm far enough away that I can't hit him with a fireball but still being OHKO by Dive Impact.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Reached Agniratha and I have to say the game really drags now. Only thing I'm doing is hitting switches and collect items to cross barriers. Hope it picks up again soon because I really want to finish it this time.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
You can also get a free Advanced Art Book for Shulk's Battle Soul from Lupa's quest line in Frontier Village

Here's also a list of all which monsters can drop which Advanced Art Books (potential spoilers for Seven), They do only drop from Golden Chests though and have a rare chance of appearing. If you want to grind for them, chests' contents are determined when you open them, so you can save scum it if you save before opening.
I'll add that save scumming for 1% odds or so isn't really worth it. In the later areas I'll open a chest 3-4 times just to see if the game wants to be generous, but explicitly farming a chest for a specific item can potentially take hours and just isn't worth it.

Sometimes that 3-4 attempts is all it takes. I got a 0.7% odds Power Drive book that way last night which was really fortunate.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why you'd farm chests for Advanced manuals when you can farm Noponstone instead and get the Master manuals
Why don't visions trigger sometimes? I'm fighting these stupid spider kings with Dive Impact, and it's always a party wipe if it hits, but I only get a vision like 1/3 of the time.

Related: what's the range of these sorts of attacks? I'm Melia and I'm far enough away that I can't hit him with a fireball but still being OHKO by Dive Impact.
Visions only trigger if the attacks would kill someone at the time it's initiated. If you get worn down by other enemies after it's initiated there's no vision, and there's no vision if it leaves everyone toppled/dazed and then killed by autoattacks

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Advanced books are found from UMs and higher level monsters. You're at the point where you can get Dunban's, Riki, and Shulk's fourth skill trees.

thanks! I'll check those out tho I'll avoid clicking on that for now since I don't know who seven is (assuming you mean the 7th party member who I have guesses about but don't want to spoil just in case)!

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
So uhm why does every quest now require me to kill level 80/90 enemies? I'm at 73.
At level 73 you can kill uniques in the low 80s if you are set up right. But mostly I imagine the game is assuming you already are in the last area because those quest only show up after a specific story section occurs. It is basically content for being done the game

Easy Affinity grind tip

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Just found a really easy way to grind affinity between characters. It's almost the same as the method I've seen people talk about using a high level UM in Eryth Sea, but this is easy to do earlier in the game:

-Go the Nopon Arch in Makna Forest, use Expert mode to lower your AI controlled characters to lvl 20-ish, while keeping your leader higher leveled.

-Fight the Jungle Quadwings in front of you, your AI characters will miss all their attacks and their tension will decrease thereby allowing you to Encourage them for free affinity

-The Quadwings love putting your party to sleep. Since your leader is higher level, they'll draw all the aggro and will always be the first to be woken up. Wake up your party members for even more affinity.

This lets you speed through affinity ranks really quickly

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
The last side-quests are basically intended as post-game.
At level 73 you can kill uniques in the low 80s if you are set up right. But mostly I imagine the game is assuming you already are in the last area because those quest only show up after a specific story section occurs. It is basically content for being done the game
Ok, thanks. The first time I played this game I ignored all those quests, it makes sense to do them later actually.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
Chapter 15, over 100 hours of playtime and... "Corrupted data was found". The game crashed right in the middle of an important cutscene even. Now I have to redownload the whole game and Nintendo's servers are so damn slow.

If my save file is gone I'm gonna scream like Shulk.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am just before the 2 last bosses

Using this time to 100% the game (or close to it), just need to complete the pedia, the affinity, and the superbosses
Today I faced Final Marcus with
Fiora, Reyn, Sharla, it was basically very easy because I just stunlocked him with Fiora's topple and then by the time he was up the chain attack was available again

Also
This entire branch is about Shulk lol

Last edited:

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Not really any obvious ones, and certainly not any from hidden areas like that. The majority of advanced manuals come from UMs. Skill trees all come from side quest lines, and you can get quite a few right now.
A little inaccurate (though more of a nitpick):
I wouldn't necessarily call Dunban's already obtainable if they just got to Valak Mountain, given that it's a little ways down.

But if you do count Dunban, the first 6 party member's 4th skill tree quest lines are all obtainable:
Shulk: Colony 9
Reyn: Colony 6 (requires 3 different invites, which indirectly requires Housing and Commerce lvl 2)
Sharla: Frontier Village
Dunban: Valak Mountain
Melia: Eryth Sea
Riki: Frontier Village
Visions only trigger if the attacks would kill someone at the time it's initiated. If you get worn down by other enemies after it's initiated there's no vision, and there's no vision if it leaves everyone toppled/dazed and then killed by autoattacks
Not necessarily true. At low health you're more likely to get a vision regardless of whether it'd kill you.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 15, over 100 hours of playtime and... "Corrupted data was found". The game crashed right in the middle of an important cutscene even. Now I have to redownload the whole game and Nintendo's servers are so damn slow.

If my save file is gone I'm gonna scream like Shulk.
That sounds like your download was broken, which is separate from your save data.

There's a small chance the storage device is failing, though it's more likely the download just had a bad packet/write (unless it's a fairly old SD card that's seen heavy use).

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do people have Riki tank in Ether setups? I'll pull with the 1 damage rock throw thing and he takes like 20+ seconds to pull agro off of that alone.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
That sounds like your download was broken, which is separate from your save data.

There's a small chance the storage device is failing, though it's more likely the download just had a bad packet/write (unless it's a fairly old SD card that's seen heavy use).

Just finished redownloading and the save data is still there! Pretty weird btw, the SD card is actually brand new (SanDisk), I upgraded from 128GB to 512GB recently. Oh well, as long as it works now I'm happy.

Dawg

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else have the issue where the music is really loud in cutscenes and then it's just okay (a little quiet) during gameplay??

I tried playing with sound options, but it didn't do much. Cutscene voices is now at 70-80% while music volume is at standard 50% but it's still really loud in some cutscenes.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished redownloading and the save data is still there! Pretty weird btw, the SD card is actually brand new (SanDisk), I upgraded from 128GB to 512GB recently. Oh well, as long as it works now I'm happy.
It was likely corrupted on the initial download but only affected the relevant cutscene data.