• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Seriously?

Monolith Soft has had 3 games on the Switch (if you count Torna) to get this problem fixed, which for some reason, they didn't have with Xenoblade X on the Wii U.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be so hard to go from playing most games at 1440p to sub 720p.
It's like I am stepping back in time ten years.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Fixed the title, but damn. 720P docked is still ridiculous. Also I really need an analysis to show just how often it drops. Might buy it and played it on yuzu instead of Switch, or just dolphin my Wii version.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I avoided Xenoblade Chronicles because of the resolution issues but I want to finish DE. It was that good to suffer through any potential muddiness.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
So this is just saying the game is programmed to allow for a dynamic resolution correct? Or am I reading it wrong?

Confused by some of the comments saying it will look like shit or is badly optimised?

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
giphy-40-1589810118.gif
Already a classic.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's been retextured and remodeled and has more advanced lighting and materials and reorchestrated music and revamped interface and new playable post game story chapter.

But it's still potato resolution so I'll wait for it to hit 20 bucks.

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
4 more days, can't wait! Come join us in the low-standards crowd, so many more games to enjoy here!

LATOTHEBAY

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I swear most of you love to complain just to complain. This forum can be so toxic sometimes.

Almost every preview has said it looks great and runs well for the most part but so many of you want to shit on it before even playing it. I have a 4K tv and 1080p games look fine. And it's a shitty 4k TV too...

Last edited:

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Most people will read this and assume the worst case scenarios but I imagine most of the time it'll be closer to the max possible for the current mode. The numbers themselves mean nothing.
That's what I think too. The way it's being farmed by certain people is a bit disingenuous.
This is also true. It's going to be frustrating to read and even more frustrating to see people not give it a shot, but remember that it's their loss and on Nintendo to advertise the game.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I swear most of you love to complain just to complain. This forum can be so toxic sometimes.

Almost every preview has said it looks great and runs well for the most part but so many of you want to shit on it before even playing it. I have a 4K tv and 1080p games look fine. And it's a shitty 1080p too...
How is it toxic to complain about a game running at 540p-380p in 2020?
Seriously it would be strange to not be put out by this.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So exactly the same as Xeno 2 lol.

Can't wait for all the ''i'lL WaIt FoR a PaTcH." people who waited three years for XC2 to have a better IQ when it's clearly the engine that's too ambitious at this point.

Kuma

alt account
Banned
Apr 15, 2020
You would think after this game released 2 other times and flopped they would try here but of course it's the usual from these devs.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I mean seriously, I'm looking to upgrade my TV for the PS5 and Nintendo/Monolith is over here like, "better keep that 720p set handy. We still got a few bangers coming in glorious sub-HD visuals!".

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
It's not enhanced. It's basically been remade from scratch. And it runs on the same engine XC2 and Torna do, so the numbers in the ini aren't anything surprising.

Right, I'm just saying it's probably not the right approach if the end result is arguably worse. Extra character and environment detail means nothing if the performance is bad or there's low dynamic resolution.

But will have to wait for a definitive (heh) analysis before I make a purchasing decision. Playing a straight port of the original in 720p handheld mode would have been enough tbh, then again it might not be for those who already played it once.