• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
378p-540p in 2020 is simply not acceptable. Use lower quality assets if you can't deliver acceptable performance with what you have. Asset fidelity only means so much if you can practically count the pixels because the resolution went to the shitter.

Charbox

May 21, 2018
I'll be playing this almost exclusively docked just like I did XC2 so yeah this doesn't really bother me at all.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Fixed the title, but damn. 720P docked is still ridiculous. Also I really need an analysis to show just how often it drops. Might buy it and played it on yuzu instead of Switch, or just dolphin my Wii version.
Nah play this version, genuinely looks like ass even at 1080p on dolphin , so play it on Yuzu when it's playable if needs be

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
But...it's a game from the Wii era? Why couldn't they have optimized it enough to reach 1080p for the switch? It's even going to be 30fps....

What exactly did they do?
It's as much a Wii game as Resident Evil Remake (2002) is a PS1 game.

This is a game with all new models, modern effects, etc etc on an entirely different engine than the original.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
The resolution in the case is contriburting a severe decline in the IQ

Credits - Xenoblade screenshot thread

1590351196-1590348113790m.jpg

YCAyt5y.jpg

zcwU4JE.jpg

SA4xN12.jpg

qacgFBz.jpg
Are the screens from handheld? On my pc with 50% zoom out (more or less Switch' screen size) looks good

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
I mean seriously, I'm looking to upgrade my TV for the PS5 and Nintendo/Monolith is over here like, "better keep that 720p set handy. We still got a few bangers coming in glorious sub-HD visuals".

Upgraded to a 55" LG C9 a few months ago and 1080p native Switch games look INCREDIBLE. But everything under that numbers look way worst than my previous 40" 1080p TV. XC2 looks a lot blurrier for example. I would say keep it.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
That's a real bummer. XC2 had some of the worst image quality I can recall this gen, and hearing it's better but mostly the same maybe means a pass for me.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously?

Monolith Soft has had 3 games on the Switch (if you count Torna) to get this problem fixed, which for some reason, they didn't have with Xenoblade X on the Wii U.

XC2, Torna and XBDE are doing a lot more advanced things than XCX (advanced lighting, shadows, actual collision detection for enemies, 3D grass etc) . You could argue that its not really worth it given the drawbacks but i'd also say the problem lies in the Switch's lack of power as well. Also keep in mind all 3 are made with a small team while XCX at the time had the majority of Monolith Soft working on it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people here saying that is going to be like XC2 when it obviously looks better than XC2 in handheld mode?

Because for some reason, if it's not some variable processing numbers for a certain console releasing sometime in 2020 or 2021, some people just have a hard time understanding what variable means.
In the other case, people are absolutely able to think that it will hit peak numbers like .... all the time.

:]

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I swear most of you love to complain just to complain. This forum can be so toxic sometimes.

Almost every preview has said it looks great and runs well for the most part but so many of you want to shit on it before even playing it. I have a 4K tv and 1080p games look fine. And it's a shitty 1080p too...

It looks similar to Torna
So slightly better than xc2 base game
Everyone can deduce how it will look from these comparisons

To me, Torna was a good looming game, especially for its art direction, with a pretty huge world to explore
This will have an even more open world, still looking similar to Torna, so.. I eill probably enjoy it

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Pretty shocking, good stylisation can mitigate some of this and it could be fixed in a patch hut I wouldn't hold my breath.

Think people are well within rights to be annoyed by this if they were looking forward to XCDE. 720/30 as a best case scenario on a HD console on the year 2020 is extremely rough.

LATOTHEBAY

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
How is it toxic to complain about a game running at 540p-380p in 2020?
Seriously it would be strange to not be put out by this.

Because instead of obsessing over numbers read previews perhaps? I know I have and almost every preview said the game looks great and runs fine.

Game looks beautiful to me and I'll be enjoying every second of it while you guys are in here complaining about non-existant problems.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Why is expecting decent resolution from a Wii/3DS game toxic?

This wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if I had interest in the game, but it is a fact that Switch runs games found in more capable systems at higher resolution than this.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
You're right but fuck that's a bit of a stretch considering how different both of your examples look
Graphics are part of it, but I was more referring to the fact that it's hardly just a remaster. It really is a full-on remake. :P Pretty much new everything. And let's not forget that this game does look pretty different too. I only used REmake as an example because it was the first game that came to mind, lol.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
That's xenoblade's 2 image quality all over again... Damn

It can't even be called HD.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Because instead of obsessing over numbers read previews perhaps? I know I have and almost every preview said the game looks great and runs fine.

Game looks beautiful to me and I'll be enjoying every second of it while you guys are in here complaining about non-existant problems.
Well then by that logic every game can come out at 180p and who are we to complain?
Your logic is nonsense. The very screenshots posted in this thread show it doesn't look great at all.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I was ready to be disappointed but it still stings. Especially 540p in handheld.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
540p for handheld is acceptable but below if it drops below that it will look really bad, may the should drop framerate instead in those demanding places.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not really technical, but how is this game more demanding than The Witcher 3?