Onilink

Oct 30, 2017

Note that it will only drop to 540p if you prolly stress test the game on docked lol. Will probably run 720p 99% of the time.

Seems to be stable 30 fps on handheld/docked.

I think it would be more honest to say "720p docked" without mentioning the 1% time the subresolution happens in title, a lot of people doesn't read the first post.

Excuse me, 540p docked?
Sub 720 docked.
That is stank.

(Game will be fine tho, but whoosh)
Hold up, sub 720p docked?

eh.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I mean I didn't really follow the previews of this game or Xenoblade 2 previews/reviews specifically.... but Previews (and even reviews to certain extent) don't usually go in deep in these kind of stuff from what I have seen. Did previews and reviews of Xenoblade 2 mention how horrible the game looked on handheld mode? (legit question because didn't see the previews/reviews for XB2) because I consider Xenoblade 2 handheld mode to be borderline unplayable (I was fine with docked mode for the most part)
Yes.

Kuma

alt account
Banned
Apr 15, 2020
There's more to graphics than resolution.

Yes and when they're still on the tutorial we got a problem

Yeah, you're the one not trying here.

My eyes are trying to process sub SD resolution more than the effort put in that post.

Or maybe it's ok to not like things? I thought we were allowed to discuss games on this discussion board but i guess era is still handwaving complaints about nintendo games.

Been noticing that a lot lately.

krat0zs

Jan 18, 2020
UK
imagine defending this. imagine living that life.

f7d.gif

imagine being like this. imagine living that life

Oct 25, 2017
I understand people (me included) being upset about the IQ news

I also understand people who don't care about it or don't care about technical aspects of a game overall in general

But what I don't understand are the people who genuinely get so emotionally cut up when people are bothered by the news. If you don't care about the IQ, why do you get so upset when others do?

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Even if that's the case, in can apparently drop below Wii resolution in handheld mode. I really question the dev team's priorities if this is what the were shooting for.

Trust me. I'm not okay with this crap in 2020. I'm just saying that people need to at least understand what they are complaining about. When we start off with ignorance it leads to the whole "angry gamer" thing being thrown around as if the base complaint was made invalid by a mistake or two.

LATOTHEBAY

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I mean I didn't really follow the previews of this game or Xenoblade 2 previews/reviews specifically.... but Previews (and even reviews to certain extent) don't usually go in deep in these kind of stuff from what I have seen. Did previews and reviews of Xenoblade 2 mention how horrible the game looked on handheld mode? (legit question because didn't see the previews/reviews for XB2) because I consider Xenoblade 2 handheld mode to be borderline unplayable (I was fine with docked mode for the most part)

I think it's understandable to be a bit worried about this for some people since their previous game (XB2 and Torna) had issues with how the game performed, especially handheld mode.

I dont recall to be honest. I think it's fine to have some worry because XBC2 did have performance issues at release but calling it disgusting and all the other hyperbolic crap going around is toxic as hell.

At this point I'm convinced the people who are doing this don't even own a switch.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
People in this thread equating graphics to resolution are going to make me lose my mind. It's not about how good the game looks or not, it's about not being able to see the game at all because it runs at such low resolutions. The game can look as good as the UE5 tech demo, but if it runs at under 500p most of the time then does it really matter? These sort of drastic cuts in resolution are to be expected when porting games from other systems, but for something developed natively for the Switch it's really disappointing, doubly so when this was one of the most vocal complaints about Monolith Soft's previous Switch game.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The docked resolution is extremely disappointing for me. It's going to look so bad on my 4k TV. I wish it was 900p at least.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xenoblade threads always bring out the worst in people. First the anime titties, now the graphics.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they worked on the sharpening filter. The rest didn't really bother me in XC2!

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A few previews specifically said it looks better than Xenoblade 2 in handheld but that's going to be subjective.

I think MK is using higher clock speeds too?

Yeah, jershjoptin went through earlier today and internal EPD games use those higher clocks. Surprisingly Luigi's Mansion 3 uses lower clocks than most games!

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I dont recall to be honest. I think it's fine to have some worry because XBC2 did have performance issues at release but calling it disgusting and all the other hyperbolic crap going around is toxic as hell.

At this point I'm convinced the people who are doing this don't even own a switch.
Oh yes I agree with you there of course. I obviously don't agree with hyperbolic crap shitting on this. But I do think it's understandable that some people might be worried about it.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I understand people (me included) being upset about the IQ news

I also understand people who don't care about it or don't care about technical aspects of a game overall in general

But what I don't understand are the people who genuinely get so emotionally cut up when people are bothered by the news. If you don't care about the IQ, why do you get so upset when others do?
Xenoblade Chronicles is a well-loved game that many fans don't think was given a fair chance on the Wii (especially in NA), so I can understand people being upset with forum discourse on the remastered version inevitably becoming dominated by resolution discussion instead of the actual merits of the game.

As someone who actually likes Pokémon Sword/Shield, I can relate - those games are pretty much impossible to discuss earnestly on this forum, and it's sad.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
How can this be? The footage I've been seeing looks much higher resolution than XC2 ever did. I have a hard time believing this.

If this is true that is VERY disappointing. It's a remaster of a Wii game for Christ's sake! Nobody should be downplaying this as nitpicking something trivial.

Deleted member 45468

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
I expected a Wii game to look better than that on the Switch. Nintendo needs to acquire Panic Button to help them with their large games.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles is a well-loved game that many fans don't think was given a fair chance on the Wii (especially in NA), so I can understand people being upset with forum discourse on the remastered version inevitably becoming dominated by resolution discussion instead of the actual merits of the game.

As someone who actually likes Pokémon Sword/Shield, I can relate - those games are pretty much impossible to discuss earnestly on this forum, and it's sad.

The best steak in the world is gonna taste like butt if it's drenched in salt, mayo and ketchup. Resolution and performance matters.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
i would have taken just a port of the original if i could get some decent image quality.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
While I'm bummed about this, previews were quite positive about the game visuals while also mentioning a soft look.

It's hilarious seeing some people outraged when they were probably never gonna bother with the game anyway.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Yeah, I'm probably out. I'm not normally a stickler for resolutions, but XBC2 was a blurry mess to a point where it genuinely did detract from the experience, and this is even worse.

This engine needs to go in the bin

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

I'm so sorry. Do I have your permission now?
KowvyKH.jpg

OP
OP
Lifejumper

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think its Nintendo's fault. As a new switch(lite) owner smash and BOTW look absolutely gorgeous to me. Even think shield/sword look pretty dope lol.

The devs just had different priorities and maybe time/budget constraints?