Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Just announced at fanfest. Will be the 24 player alliance raid series.
For those asking this is endgame content and you will need a max level character and have completed the main story. If the patch cycles from previous expansions repeats then this will be released in 3 parts in patches 5.1 (Late 2019), Patch 5.3 (Mid 2020) and Patch 5.5 (Early 2021)

Presenting the next alliance raid series: YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse–from the minds of renowned NieR creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO!

ZVgF4bL.jpg

Last edited:

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i cant believe im resubbing so i can know if 9s is okay

also 2P hype

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting a Goliath-class is pretty perfect for a mmo-boss. It would be hilarious if it actually had unseen lore, don't know how involved the story segements of cross-over events in FFXIV are.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to wait until summer.
You mean Fall. It won't be available at launch, the first part will be in 5.1. You won't see the conclusion of the storyline until near the end of 2021.

Fighting a Goliath-class is pretty perfect for a mmo-boss. It would be hilarious if it actually had unseen lore, don't know how involved the story segements of cross-over events in FFXIV are.
The Ivalice raid was a retelling of Tactics and 12 to fit inside the FFXIV world with some slight differences.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
" We made this new expansion just for you village , here's all your dumb edgy bullshit. We even pt in Nier stuff "

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'd rather have seen a Taro take on some of the themes of XIV but this is cool too I guess.

Inc. Viera players wearing Kaine costumes.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
First Yasumi, now Taro!

Ya KNOW. Imagine a redux Chrono Trigger situation, with a collab of numerous distinct talents all at the helm of a singular project. Oho. Ohohoho. Practicality schmacticality; chaos is FUEL.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
I'm so happy to see Taro not just getting a successful game, but it also being massively celebrated by Square across their games. It's still kind of absurd to me that that's the case.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man I've been dreaming of this collaboration happening ever since finishing Automata (got into FFXIV around the same time), though never thought it would actually happen. Really brings my hype levels up for the next expansion.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
So I have to subscribe to a new mmo for the first time in over 10 years.
Well I've kept my Anarchy Online sub going for 16-17 years now I think I can survive a month of this :)

Hopefully I won't get hooked...

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Is this an end game raid as in I have to spend weeks to level to make this or can I join with my wife and dive right in?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty unreal to be honest lol. I expected a small Nier collab at some point but this is a huge part of the game lol. I'm getting new story to one of my favorite games ever in my favorite final fantasy game ever. Shit is nuts.

Is this an end game raid as in I have to spend weeks to level to make this or can I join with my wife and dive right in?

You'll have to reach the latest level cap. Luckily there is plenty of time before this new raid comes out.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I am really happy honestly and my cousin and I are diehard NieR fans so we're gonna have an amazing time with this. However, maybe for FF fans this is something they didn't want especially after the story cliffhangar with Ivalice. I suppose that very last cutscene after Orbonne will be weaved into the main story. Fran is going to be important in Shadowbringers for sure.

OP
OP
Kida

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Updated the OP with more info. I'll add the video of Saito and Taro talking about it as soon as it is available.

I am really happy honestly and my cousin and I are diehard NieR fans so we're gonna have an amazing time with this. However, maybe for FF fans this is something they didn't want especially after the story cliffhangar with Ivalice. I suppose that very last cutscene after Orbonne will be weaved into the main story. Fran is going to be important in Shadowbringers for sure.

With Viera being the new race I would imagine that Fran will be a big part in explaining their arrival, probably in 4.55.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't really want to, but I guess I'll have to play Nier Automata before 5.1 comes out this fall.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
You'll have to reach the latest level cap. Luckily there is plenty of time before this new raid comes out.
You have to spend months going through the mandatory story content to get to the raid. That's at least 200 hours of content
You're looking at months to reach if you start from scratch and don't pay any extra money for both a level and story skip.
Casial end game raid broken into 3 chunks with the first part releasing in the fall and the last part around Jan 2021.

I'm a bit deflated..

Well.. I can't resist anyway ...
Not paying for story skip, I was bound to play the story here one day anyway.. starting a new mmo is just something I haven't done in a loooooong time!

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit deflated..

Well.. I can't resist anyway ...
Not paying for story skip, I was bound to play the story here one day anyway.. starting a new mmo is just something I haven't done in a loooooong time!

The story is great anyway, the only downside is the road to Heavensward content is ROUGH. The quests are very dull/uninteresting but just know that once you reach Heavensward it only goes up from there. The game at its best.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FF14 is a great MMO. The way it complements a PS4 controller with its genius use of the cross hotbars and fully customizable UI shows love and care.

The fact you can have one character and do all the classes is genius as well. While the game has a stupid amount of content and a fair bit of the usual "MMO grind" to waste your time, QOL is good in this game.

The sub price is cheaper than other MMOs as well if you're happy with one character on a server, which is absolutely fine given one character can do all the classes.