Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Is this a timed raid?

No, it's permanent. Three 24 man alliance raids starting in 5.1, 5.3 then 5.5 (presumably)

The issue is that the amount of people doing old 24 mans drops off significantly when a new one comes out. Ideally you should complete Yorha1 before Yorha2 releases for example.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
No, it's permanent. Three 24 man alliance raids starting in 5.1, 5.3 then 5.5 (presumably)

The issue is that the amount of people doing old 24 mans drops off significantly when a new one comes out. Ideally you should complete Yorha1 before Yorha2 releases for example.

Ah.. yeah that's common.
But someone speculated that 5.3 is in 2020 so that leaves plenty of time :)
I just made two accounts for the wife and me so we can play. It's nice to have a goal but it's not sure we'll reach it with kids and jobs.

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the Ivalice raids so this is giving me some strong motivation to give Automata another try. Every time I try and play it something else comes up and I get distracted.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Is there any place to buy the Steam version of Nier for less than $60? I guess I need to play it so I won't be completely lost in the raid's storyline.

It's not really speculation. They've been on a consistent content cycle since 2.0. It's one of player's biggest complaints about the game. Major patches come every three to four months. Since 5.0 comes out in July, 5.1, with the first part of Yorha, should be October or November. That will put 5.3, with the second part of the raid around summer 2020.

Nymir

Oct 27, 2017
Levelling your character to max level is mostly painless. I started playing after Stormblood and I hit 70 with my first job with basically all the sidequests from Stormblood still available. I found there's a bit of a grind at the end of ARR (47-50) but that's it.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Levelling your character to max level is mostly painless. I started playing after Stormblood and I hit 70 with my first job with basically all the sidequests from Stormblood still available. I found there's a bit of a grind at the end of ARR (47-50) but that's it.

And if a person starts out now, it's even easier to get to 70 now that Heaven on High is out for 61-70.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'll just watch a stream. I don't have time to re-sub and get hooked all over again (I like the game enough that it'd consume too much of my time).

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Ironically just finished Nier Automata (A-E) last night and really enjoyed it, while I do have a FF14 account I haven't played in years and don't really think I'd be able to invest the time to level up and try to find a raid group, I'll really enjoy watching others play on twitch though and see what the nier stuff is all about.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Heh, the game actually supports KB/M on ps4.
I've heard that the controller support is good though and I have RSI so I guess I'll try that first.

But I'm positively surprised of that.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
You can technically use both a KB/M and controller at the same time, I do. Sometimes it is just faster to click things on the HUD rather than awkwardly use a controller to select it, but I use my controller for actually fighting things.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Heh, the game actually supports KB/M on ps4.
I've heard that the controller support is good though and I have RSI so I guess I'll try that first.

But I'm positively surprised of that.
Yeah the controller support is great. I've only ever used controller in my 4 years or so of playing the game and I've never had any complaints.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Yeah the controller support is great. I've only ever used controller in my 4 years or so of playing the game and I've never had any complaints.

Great :)
We'll have a go after putting our kids to bed.. and after my wife has gone through character creation.. So we'll play tomorrow :p

You can technically use both a KB/M and controller at the same time, I do. Sometimes it is just faster to click things on the HUD rather than awkwardly use a controller to select it, but I use my controller for actually fighting things.

That's .. brilliant!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm not resubbing, much as I loved FFXIV, and love even more Yoko Taro stuff.

Guess I'll have to settle for a summary or video compilation or something.

Just remaster NieR already you cowards.

BiohunterX

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the Shadowbringers trailer. You, the player, really can just change jobs on the fly?
u cant switch jobs mid combat, dungeon, raid or primal but whenever u want a change of pace for whatever u want to do next then u can. each job has its own story as well and can tie in with the main story like dragoon in heavensward story

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017

We have the alliance raid roulette so it's not as much of an issue now. It'll populate people in via that now, whereas at the end of Heavensward's patch cycle it was practically impossible to get into Void Ark as the alliance raid roulette didn't exist.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
oh fuck

heart-attack.jpg

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So, this is awesome (especially because given FFT/FF12 raid we can probably expect some fan service stuff from Nier 1 as well [maybe even Drag-on Dragoon?]) and is giving me hope they can get Tetsuya Takahashi to guest write/direct a Xenogears 24-man raid for one of the last expansions (there's probably what, 1 expansion left after Shadowbringers?).

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a timed raid?

No, but there's a ton of stuff to get through before you get to current end game.

There is a roulette now so it shouldn't be so bad.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
That's unfortunate, because I just unsubbed recently due to how they announced they were going to handle Blue Mage...

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Square Enix never had fate in Taro Yokos Work. At least nit enough fate to give him a proper budget. Now, for the first time ever one of his games was commercially successful and SE is milking it dry. How many Nier Automata collaborations are out there? I even include 2B in Soul Calibur VI.

I do hope this man is working on a new project. It's not almost two years after Automata and it would have been cool to see a Drakengard Remastered PlayStation 2 Classic or a Remaster of the original Nier with both versions included. I'm not against the collaborations, have fun with a sweaty 2B in Soul Calibur and have fun with the event in Final Fantasy XIV, but they really should present something new from Taro Yokos twisted mind.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
What if this actually Nier Automata 2 but in FFXIV. I feel like Yoko Taro is just crazy enough to do that haha.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix never had fate in Taro Yokos Work. At least nit enough fate to give him a proper budget. Now, for the first time ever one of his games was commercially successful and SE is milking it dry. How many Nier Automata collaborations are out there? I even include 2B in Soul Calibur VI.

I do hope this man is working on a new project. It's not almost two years after Automata and it would have been cool to see a Drakengard Remastered PlayStation 2 Classic or a Remaster of the original Nier with both versions included. I'm not against the collaborations, have fun with a sweaty 2B in Soul Calibur and have fun with the event in Final Fantasy XIV, but they really should present something new from Taro Yokos twisted mind.

I mean it is known that he is working on something in secret anyway. They were looking for people to make side quest stories a while back.

What if this actually Nier Automata 2 but in FFXIV. I feel like Yoko Taro is just crazy enough to do that haha.

Well, in the keynote it sounded like they said it is a continuation of the Automata story. I could be mistaken?

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
So, this is awesome (especially because given FFT/FF12 raid we can probably expect some fan service stuff from Nier 1 as well [maybe even Drag-on Dragoon?]) and is giving me hope they can get Tetsuya Takahashi to guest write/direct a Xenogears 24-man raid for one of the last expansions (there's probably what, 1 expansion left after Shadowbringers?).

No reason to assume they won't continue making em for awhile yet. FFXI had at least 6, for example, and this has a larger playerbase and Shadowbringers will be number 3. It also makes them a fair amont of money, so...

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017

The way they talked about it made me feel like the next Nier game is going to be its own thing again so they made this for people that really wanted more of those characters and world from Automata. So you actually might not be that far off lol.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like I should beat Nier Automata sometime soon. Also, I need to beat the FFXIV patches that have happened since like last March.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Ah.. yeah that's common.
I just made two accounts for the wife and me so we can play. It's nice to have a goal but it's not sure we'll reach it with kids and jobs.

Honestly, you should have some time before the raid releases. Hardest part might be waiting for dungeon/boss fights where you need to use the Duty Finder and queue up with others. Though if one of you are a tank and the other a healer, that should reduce the amount of time.

Also in the past they increased the amount of XP earned through the Main Story Quest line, so you'll level up at a faster rate than when ARR released. They've also made changes to the server data centers so you'll have a larger pool of players looking for those duties than just the server you're currently on.

Only thing I'd say is the MSQ through 2.0 is kind of a drag, but it begins to really pick up towards the end going into Heavensward. Then Heavensward through Stormblood are fantastic and I feel like it keeps getting better.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Ok, last questions from me (hopefully) :)
My wife now wants to make Lafell characters so I get to make a server choice again.
We went for Cerebus on EU as I couldn't see any difference between them but is that ok?
I kept seeing "XP + 25%" so I guess it has some form of XP boost on it.

Also, if we don't chose the same class (starting city), how long do we have to wait until we can team up and do the same quests?

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
My wife now wants to make Lafell characters so I get to make a server choice again.
We went for Cerebus on EU as I couldn't see any difference between them but is that ok?

Also, if we don't chose the same class (starting city), how long do we have to wait until we can team up and do the same quests?

I think the level 15 main scenario quest is when things spread out from your starting city.
Not sure about the XP boost, I think it's usually done for servers with lower populations to encourage players to join.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018

The main story quests all converge at level 15, just before the first dungeons. Those first 15 levels go pretty fast, so it shouldn't take long.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I think the level 15 main scenario quest is when things spread out from your starting city.
Not sure about the XP boost, I think it's usually done for servers with lower populations to encourage players to join.
The main story quests all converge at level 15, just before the first dungeons. Those first 15 levels go pretty fast, so it shouldn't take long.

Alright, thanks for the answers!

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, looks like I'll finally have to push myself to finish the FFXIV story and get caught up to date.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Nier Automata is in my top 10 games of all time and I have NEVER played FF XIV or looked up what it is about. Would someone be able to give me a link for an outline of all the expansions etc. and what you need to play through to get to the Nier part??

:)

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Nier Automata is in my top 10 games of all time and I have NEVER played FF XIV or looked up what it is about. Would someone be able to give me a link for an outline of all the expansions etc. and what you need to play through to get to the Nier part??

:)
Right now there's the base game and 2 expansions for it. The Nier stuff will be added to the 3rd expansion post launch in 3 separate chunks with the first coming out this fall around November. To access it you'll need to play the story quests for the base game & all 3 expansions. It will be a 24 man dungeon with its own quest chain, armor, & nier lore but will not be a central plot point to the expansion so just keep your expectations in check.

If you're still interested you can download the trial version of the game for free to see if you'll even like the gameplay. The base game with 30 days of game time will be free on twitch prime starting later this week so either sub to prime for a month for it or get someone with prime to give it to you. Once you reach lv 50 and have decided to keep going, you can either buy the 2nd expansion now ($40, called Stormblood, includes expansion 1 & 2) + the 3rd expansion ($40, Shadowbringers) once it launches in the summer or just buy the 3rd expansion ($40, will include all 3 expansions) in the summer to save money.