Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
well, you have to consider that there is usually a pretty big selection bias in OTs
So that's a no on holding the L then because it's easier to just accuse everyone having fun with the game as being biased. Let's go with

"The majority of players and reviews are biased and only people who agree with me, including those that haven't even played the game like myself, are right."
giphy.webp

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018
I don't understand why people are freaking out so badly about these microtransactions lol its kind of strange to be honest. I am playing the game at my own pace on normal and having a blast and have no issues progressing.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
well, you have to consider that there is usually a pretty big selection bias in OTs, where they're generally populated by people who like the game and not necessarily representative of the audience at large

(not to mention that of course people who buy ubicontent™ games are less likely to be bothered by grinding ubicontent™)

did you think the Wticher 3 was grindy?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

You can really tell who never had any intention of playing this game. So far I'm level 22, and actually haven't bothered upgrading my gear once because I'm always finding better stuff to equip as I play the game. I've never one been underleveled for the main quest, either, since I actually bother to do sidequests and explore.

Here you are calling out those who don't play the game and most likely never will. That's fine.

I don't know why anyone would buy this game (or any open-world RPG) if they just want to ignore 75% of the content it has to offer.

But then you end off your paragraph with this line. By ignoring the content that means they are playing the game. This line wasn't just unnecessary it comes across like you are throwing shade at people for playing the game differently from the way you do and that difference doesn't justify any complaints they had.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
By doing this you are stealing paid content to get it for free without paying, and you are doing by altering the game with third party tool, something protected by their terms of service. So they are protected to ban your uPlay account if they decide so and the court may also would say you are stealing.

To use this kind of trainer in a game that doesn't sell XP boosts would be ok, to get paid content for free is not.
It doesn't matter if the game sells XP boosts or not.
You aren't stealing code. Therefore, it is not copyright violation. Modifying variables in a game you paid for is not in violation of copyright, as it does not create a derivative work. See Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc. v. Nintendo of America, Inc.
If Ubisoft considers this cheating and wants to ban you, they can probably do that. However, no piracy is being committed.
Please don't just reply with the same reply again unless you have a citation. You're purposely ignoring the one court ruling that is related to this concept.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be interested to see how Ubisoft responds to this. It's a bad look for them IMO if they try to disable this with a patch or even worse try to sue the author. It'd reveal what they really think about "player choice" when it comes to MTX.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a reason there were threads literally just about him and his posts on the old site.
Really? Honestly I'm not even surprised.
My personal experience with the game is this. I only have the retail edition with no special boosts. I'm 20 hours in, playing at my own pace, I'm level 20, and I've already outpaced a number of the locations that I've yet to go to on the crit path. I'm just extrapolating based on the areas that now show 20-20 for their level that I haven't even set foot in yet. If I were bee-lining the main story it may be different, but I've not encountered any reason to feel like I need the permanent boosts. Then again, I find the core gameplay loops fun and don't mind raiding a base or taking out some ships, which are great ways to get crafting mats. I also don't upgrade my gear every level, but instead every 5-ish, and haven't had any difficulty as a result of that either. I don't feel the need to use the cheats presented here either for the same reasons. I'm having fun just playing games and interacting with the systems present.
This right here is exactly why the game is tuned this way.
Can you imagine how overlevelled you would be if the levelling curve was even more gracious and you were interacting with the side content? You'd be max level before quarter way through the game.
Ubisoft have clearly aimed to pin the levelling curve in the middle of 'complete main questline only' and 'do everything the game offers'.

Which is the completely logical thing to do from a game design perspective when you are building a game as MASSIVE as AC:Odyssey.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be interested to see how Ubisoft responds to this. It's a bad look for them IMO if they try to disable this with a patch or even worse try to sue the author. It'd reveal what they really think about "player choice" when it comes to MTX.
AC:Origins had a trainer and Ubisoft didn't care, in fact, they released something much more controllable and polished than a trainer for free:

where did i call anyone biased?
You literally just asked me to consider that an OT is biased. You refuse to acknowledge that the majority of opinions don't align with your assumptions.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Can someone please explain to me who is having issues leveling up? It's an RPG you are supposed to do side content.. I mean you pick up this game and don't expect to do side content?

I don't know man I can't understand i'm way above my main quests missions all the time.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I think overleveling was a problem with Witcher 3, not being underleveled. Atleast if you do side content too, never played it just by rushing the main story. It was somewhat common complaint too from what I remember. That's why they patched in the option for enemy-level scaling probably. Though it came way late, around the time with Blood & Wine expansion.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Do they represent the majority who have no issue with progression?

Citation needed

This is you on this very page:

When it comes to AC:Odyssey and ESPECIALLY on this website, very little. It's apparently ok to literally be this meme when you feel slighted by the existence of MTs on principle[

"I can't believe you want people to actually play the game before talking about the nuances of it's progression system with people who have played it. How shameful."

Yet you conveniently ignore anyone whose played or is playing through the game who says the same thing about the grind. There are more than enough posts like that in the OT for this to be taken as a serous issue and not something that requires a gif spam in every reply.

Hell, I'll attest. I've put in 55+ hours in the game, finished it. Didn't buy anything from the store but still found the game to be a lot more grindy than Origins. I played this for review and had access to it much earlier and timing wasn't an issue, but I can see how it can be an issue for other people.

This is like saying there should have been no outrage that Shadow of War had *optional* MTx too. Sure people could grind the shit out of the game to get the full experience but there was a reason MTx was such an issue there. And rightfully called out. If people are doing the same here, it's no different and shouldn't be treated any differently.

Unless you were also defending Monolith for Shadow of War, which is another thing altogether.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Here you are calling out those who don't play the game and most likely never will. That's fine.

But then you end off your paragraph with this line. By ignoring the content that means they are playing the game. This line wasn't just unnecessary it comes across like you are throwing shade at people for playing the game differently from the way you do and that difference doesn't justify any complaints they had.
I was talking about the people who say they did buy the game, there. If you don't have the time to play a huge game, or aren't interested in doing any side content at all I don't know why you'd buy a game like this, is what I'm saying. It's not like there's a shortage of great smaller games to play, and if you really want to do play this anyway you don't need to finish it in a week or anything.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
You literally just asked me to consider that an OT is biased. You refuse to acknowledge that the majority of opinions don't align with your assumptions.
looks like someone doesn't know what selection bias means, lol

here's a hot semantics tip for you: selection bias refers to whether group X is a representative sample of a larger population, not to whether any individual people in group X are biased

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain to me who is having issues leveling up? It's an RPG you are supposed to do side content.. I mean you pick up this game and don't expect to do side content?

I don't know man I can't understand i'm way above my main quests missions all the time.

Remember the folks who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in a DOOM video a couple years back?

Them.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It doesn't matter if the game sells XP boosts or not.
You aren't stealing code. Therefore, it is not copyright violation. Modifying variables in a game you paid for is not in violation of copyright, as it does not create a derivative work. See Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc. v. Nintendo of America, Inc.
If Ubisoft considers this cheating and wants to ban you, they can probably do that. However, no piracy is being committed.
Please don't just reply with the same reply again unless you have a citation. You're purposely ignoring the one court ruling that is related to this concept.
There are many things involved, not just copyright laws. And Ubisoft is French, not from the USA. Laws change around the world.

I know what I am talking about because I worked as gamedev and CM in top mobile and Facebook F2P games where we had these cases: people using hack tools to get game content by altering the memory. It was ok to get free content, but it wasn't ok to get paid (this one is typically is more protected) content.

As I said, it would be ok to ue this XP boost trainer if the game wouldn't sell XP boosts.

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell, I'll attest. I've put in 55+ hours in the game, finished it. Didn't buy anything from the store but still found the game to be a lot more grindy than Origins. I played this for review and had access to it much earlier and timing wasn't an issue, but I can see how it can be an issue for other people.
Then don't buy the time-consuming RPG with one of the biggest AAA open worlds of all time.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
This is PC gaming in general, there are trainers for near EVERY game, it's only getting highlighted here because of the "controversy" surrounding this particular game. Hell, I've got a really clean refined app on my PC that's constantly updated with new and old releases and launches the games from Steam, Origin, Uplay whatever. The only time anyone is going to do anything about these is if users are cheating in multiplayer which will get them banned most likely, or if the cheats are being used to obtain paid content which 1. These don't do and 2. Is hard to do because stuff like premium currency is usually server side

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Trainers essentially let you break a game yes.

Ok. Hm. This is a tricky scenario because on the one hand enabling cheats in a single-player game doesn't really harm anyone. If people want to play a game with God Mode on, who cares, right? Play however you want to play. But if the cheat is enabling something that is an actual MTX in-game, even if we hate MTX (and I personally do) the cheat is now technically stealing from the company. It's a weird dilemma that could provide legal issues, even if the answer from most gamers is "fuck microtransactions, let people use the trainer."

My personal experience with Odyssey has been about 20 hours of play and I'm just about level 19. I've been having a lot of fun doing all manner of quests and I've never felt like I was grinding and don't plan on using any money in the MTX store. I'm also not a huge fan of Ubisoft open world games. I tried both Far Cry 4 and 5 and only played both for a few hours before giving up. The only AC games I've played have been 2, Brotherhood, and Syndicate and I only finished 2 and Brotherhood. Haven't touched Watch Dogs or Division.

In principle I'm against MTX (especially in full price games) but that doesn't keep me from playing them if the game is still good. I just don't purchase them. I didn't buy Dead Space 3 back in the day because I felt like EA's added MTX to that changed the game fundamentally and I didn't support that. Same for Battlefront 2 and the loot boxes - I stayed the hell away from it. But so far, to me, Odyssey's MTX don't seem to be intrusive on the game itself. It doesn't make them right or good, but at least to me they can be easily ignored due to the gameplay loop being what I wanted out of the game.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Really? Honestly I'm not even surprised.

This right here is exactly why the game is tuned this way.
Can you imagine how overlevelled you would be if the levelling curve was even more gracious and you were interacting with the side content? You'd be max level before quarter way through the game.
Ubisoft have clearly aimed to pin the levelling curve in the middle of 'complete main questline only' and 'do everything the game offers'.

Which is the completely logical thing to do from a game design perspective when you are building a game as MASSIVE as AC:Odyssey.
All Ubisoft would need to do is make a free XP boost option as an option on Easy level. Everyone else could play just as they are doing right now.

The issue is that instead of doing above, Ubisoft decided to put up that QoL modifier in their store for $10. That's the issue and no you all playing as you want to.

Edit: Hand wringing about "stealing" from Ubisoft by using cheats and trainers is hilarious. This is why streaming and UWP sucks because it takes options away.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I think overleveling was a problem with Witcher 3, not being underleveled. Atleast if you do side content too, never played it just by rushing the main story. It was somewhat common complaint too from what I remember. That's why they patched in the option for enemy-level scaling probably. Though it came way late, around the time with Blood & Wine expansion.

if you do all the content in odyssey you will overlevel or stay with it relatively easy for the most part at least so far from my experience. The beginning where you don't have as much freedom is probably why some folks say its really hard to keep up with the content and being leveled appropriate. The thing is, this game is more like Witchers Creed than Assassins creed in terms of exploration and quests. The main side quests are fantastic, if you REALLY wish to get all the XP you can use the mission board, which I have yet to do a quest and am 4 levels over now.. But just like skipping Witcher 3 side quests you are going to miss out on some great storylines......they are fantastic

only once you hit level 48/ the final levels does it come to a crawl.....but you only need to be 42 for the final mission

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Then don't buy the time-consuming RPG with one of the biggest AAA open worlds of all time.

Don't buy RPG because of time constraints, but don't come in discussion thread because you haven't bought or played said RPG. Not much of a discussion forum left then is it ?

Also, why does it conveniently keep getting ignored when people who've played this and Origins say that this game certainly feels more grindier than Origins did.

I wonder.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is you on this very page:

When it comes to AC:Odyssey and ESPECIALLY on this website, very little. It's apparently ok to literally be this meme when you feel slighted by the existence of MTs on principle[
How is that implying a bias against Ubisoft and not against MTs on principle, you know, like that post LITERALLY says.

looks like someone doesn't know what selection bias means, lol
You're literally using a minority of players, (some of whom didn't even know about some features in the game like for instance that player who didn't know arrows were craftable), as a response to the question, "Are they the majority of players."

Selection bias is the bias introduced by the selectionof individuals, groups or data for analysis in such a way that proper randomization is not achieved, thereby ensuring that the sample obtained is not representative of the population intended to be analyzed.

Wew.
Yet you conveniently ignore anyone whose played or is playing through the game who says the same thing about the grind
Yet you conveniently ingore that they don't represent the majority of people playing the game.

Hell, I'll attest. I've put in 55+ hours in the game, finished it. Didn't buy anything from the store but still found the game to be a lot more grindy than Origins.
How is the game more grndy than Origins when you literally on average gain more EXP, loot, and mats while the activities in general are more varied. Have you considered that you confuse "I don't enjoy this gameplay loop" with "I'm grinding."

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
It's so obvious what's happened here.
The fact that the game has a time saver option has made people who wouldn't even think about progression, grinding, level gating and the like become extremely suspicious about every single thing in the game. If the game didn't have a time saver option and not been put up on the stake by youtubers like Sterling, nobody would have ever found the game to be super grindy and wasting players time and so on.

They would just have played the game and accepted that it was a rpg where sometimes you have to do some side quests before you can progress the main story. Like many other rpg's.
It's like they see conspiracies everywhere they look just because they've been told by some youtuber that the microtransaction option has destroyed the game design.
They basically see what they want to see, confirmation bias.

It's scary to see how easily people get manipulated and cling to what youtubers and influencers say instead of trying to keep a level head and think for themselves.

And I don't even own the game and have no horse in this race, I'm just watching this situation unfold from the sidelines. Oh and I hate microtransactions just so that's said, never bought any.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand... Isnt every rpg in existence level gated at some point???? I remember grinding for hours in almost every rpg I ever played as a kid because the bosses were too hard for me... Am I wrong??

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Ok. Hm. This is a tricky scenario because on the one hand enabling cheats in a single-player game doesn't really harm anyone. If people want to play a game with God Mode on, who cares, right? Play however you want to play. But if the cheat is enabling something that is an actual MTX in-game, even if we hate MTX (and I personally do) the cheat is now technically stealing from the company. It's a weird dilemma that could provide legal issues, even if the answer from most gamers is "fuck microtransactions, let people use the trainer."
I mean considering that pretty much everything that came post launch of coming to Odyssey as well I wouldn't be surprised if they once again release a free mod control panel that really lets you fuck with the game. Which is a pretty strong indication about how they feel about such things being in the game.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You can bypass anything in (almost) any game with Cheat Engine on PC. As long as the things aren't stored serverside.

Why is it suddenly news that you can do it with Odyssey?

On that note, how the fuck did Odyssey of all things become the poster child for "evil MTX" on this fucking board? It, and Ubi games in general have the tamest, least intrusive MTX in gaming.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Don't think they've responded before. Trainers have worked for their earlier games too, like with Origins. And they also released Animus Control Panel for PC then (free). So I'm not expecting them to react to this now. Trainers in PC gaming are common and normal.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I can't believe we are having an argument for PC Cheats trainers as a good option. Like lol.

I love trainers. I have used them a lot of times just as much as I have used the console on other games.

I just find it very funny people could be all about trainers now just because of this exaggerated mtx nonsense, but I am very sure they would have jumped at it as if it was stealing/piracy etc if it was another time.

It is very ridiculous too because the message basically is "I do not want to beat the game the way the devs intended so let me cheat". I am perfectly ok with this but I am sure many of the people saying it would frown on using cheats in other cases.

Partially, but developers can easily work around that. I just listed Persona 5 earlier, which enables God Mode (you can't game over) and also gives you crazy XP/money/damage modifiers if you select safety difficulty. Games can still lock "Complete game on hard mode" to a... hard mode trophy. So there is a bit of truth in what to do with the /god console command in a world where people see great value in achievements, but it can be done.

The bigger talking point here isn't necessarily a lack of cheats in every game, it's when developers begin to start charging silly amounts of money like $10 for what are essentially "cheats of days gone by". Or as many would say, charging for cheats full stop, especially in $60+ games. F2P games have long been stuffed with progression based boosters and time skips. It's somewhat more credible to argue F2P games have a bit more of a "right" to try and monetize patience/instant gratification or incentivize some gamers towards it. Then again, being "F2P" is not some blanket defence either. Many F2P games do things far better than others.

We're not talking about F2P games here though, so, yeah...

For sure there are still games that give out stuff or cheats for achievements, but that is not the case. We no longer see "big head mode' unlock after beating a stage in hard, we just get the pop-up and empty reward.

About the bigger talking point, I disagree. You already have a $60 that gives you 60+ hours of content without the need of any DLC/MTX. That is a great value and reading some impressions from people it seems the gating and RPG elements are not really a hindrance to progression as some make it seem.

AC Odyssey does not seem like a F2P game in any manner other than having MTX and because of that then it is compared to the F2P model, but other than monetizing some content there is nothing about the game I'd say is F2P.

I still think it is an overreaction to the change in gameplay style mixed with the fake outrage from a few youtubers. Impressions from real people have been good.

Forced gating is an issue in normal RPGs as well.
It is a design choice, not an issue.

They have always had it and people are ok with it. They know what they are getting into.

Maybe for some, it is a feature that turns them off and that is ok, maybe they are turned off about the direction AC is going to but cannot accept it.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yet you conveniently ingore that they don't represent the majority of people playing the game.

What exactly is the argument here then, average forum goers aren't valid for saying things about AC Odyssey because it's not covered on mainstream media or included in every review of the game ?

Or you're saying that if 5 out of 30 people feel a certain way about something, they're automatically wrong because they're not the overwhelming majority ?

How is the game more grndy than Origins when you literally on average gain more EXP, loot, and mats while the activities in general are more varied. Have you considered that you confuse "I don't enjoy this gameplay loop" with "I'm grinding."

If someone isn't necessarily enjoying said game play loop, but has to partake in it over and over again for the sole purpose of gaining EXP to they can enter the next level gated zone without fear of being one-shot by enemies .. isn't that the same as grinding ?

Also, I'm not sure I agree to the "activities are more varied" comment there.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Why is it suddenly news that you can do it with Odyssey?
The same reason why it's suddenly shocking that hte game has crafting materials, or that it's suddenly shocking that the game wants you to play side content in an RPG.

On that note, how the fuck did Odyssey of all things become the poster child for "evil MTX" on this fucking board? It, and Ubi games in general have the tamest, least intrusive MTX in gaming.
Essentially "Me mad about MTs on principle. Youtuber said it grindy, I haven't played but therefor it grindy. Me smart. Me rise up, like all gamers."

What exactly is the argument here then, average forum goers aren't valid for saying things about AC Odyssey because it's not covered on mainstream media or included in every review of the game ?
I mean i'm sure you've been following these threads and have been following the part where the loudest users arguing it's grindy also straight up admitted to not playing it let alone for a significant amount of time. Like, literally pages ago a guy was saying "I have no arrows, obviously the ame wants me to buy mats. Oh wait wah you can craft arrows?"

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
You're literally using a minority of players, (some of whom didn't even know about some features in the game like for instance that player who didn't know arrows were craftable), as a response to the question, "Are they the majority of players."
i wasn't responding to the question "Are they the majority of players."

this was the post i was responding to:
How is "Ok I've played the game, others have played the game, here's how monetization works in the title and similar titles and why your speculation is unfounded in context" trolling vs. "I haven't played the game but let me make talk about how it's designed without any receipts."
i don't know why you keep pretending the several posters itt who say they have played the game don't exist

are you saying they are liars?
Are there such people ITT? Tried to search with "grind", nobody who has played the game in this thread called it grindy to my knowledge.

please point out where someone talks about the majority of players

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Has Ubisoft ever shared how well these accelerator products in particular do for them? What kind of revenue are we looking at here? What percentage of buy-in? Has it grown over time? Because Ubi has had them around in one form or another for quite a few games now.

Plenty of people can guess at the figures, but is there any available data?

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A single player game having cheat codes has become a big deal in 2018.

The times, they are a changin'

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't. In fact, if you decided to do any side content at all, you became overleveled. Kinda the opposite problem, actually. And it was a problem for me because I WANTED to do the side content. I purposefully put off the main campaign because I just wanted to go everywhere and do everything. Had to play on the hardest difficulty possible to try and counter it.

Games only feel like a "grind" if you aren't enjoying the side content. Which did come up in a few reviews I read\watched, which is where the complaints about the microtransactions arise.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
yes, selection bias refers to whether a group as a whole is representative of a larger population

there is a difference between saying "there is a selection bias in group X" and "individuals in group X are biased"

you really do seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. three times itt you have claimed i'm saying something i'm actually not saying

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
There are many things involved, not just copyright laws. And Ubisoft is French, not from the USA. Laws change around the world.

I know what I am talking about because I worked as gamedev and CM in top mobile and Facebook F2P games where we had these cases: people using hack tools to get game content by altering the memory. It was ok to get free content, but it wasn't ok to get paid (this one is typically is more protected) content.

As I said, it would be ok to ue this XP boost trainer if the game wouldn't sell XP boosts.
Something being in violation of your Terms of Service is not the same as piracy. Piracy is a violation of copyright law. There's no way to violate copyright law using a trainer. You'd have to steal copyrighted code or assets in order to violate copyright law. You can't commit copyright law by modifying existing code.
Yes, using trainers in your games was a violation of your terms of service and got them banned.
No, you didn't actually take these people to court and get them convicted of copyright infringement.

Your experience with F2P games is irrelevant. I'm sure you've dealt with players breaking your ToS, but I very much doubt you've ever brought a player to court.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
i wasn't responding to the question "Are they the majority of players."

this was the post i was responding to:

please point out where someone talks about the majority of players
So you acknowledge that the people you were quoting were a minority. Got it. Ty fam.

Has Ubisoft ever shared how well these accelerator products in particular do for them? What kind of revenue are we looking at here? What percentage of buy-in? Has it grown over time? Because Ubi has had them around in one form or another for quite a few games now.

Plenty of people can guess at the figures, but is there any available data?
They've said that digital purchases in general have provided a very huge source of revenue while simultaneously requiring less work to implement.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The fact that the game has a time saver option has made people who wouldn't even think about progression, grinding, level gating and the like become extremely suspicious about every single thing in the game. If the game didn't have a time saver option and not been put up on the stake by youtubers like Sterling, nobody would have ever found the game to be super grindy and wasting players time and so on.
yes, looks like ubisoft could be learning an important lesson

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
If someone isn't necessarily enjoying said game play loop, but has to partake in it over and over again for the sole purpose of gaining EXP to they can enter the next level gated zone without fear of being one-shot by enemies .. isn't that the same as grinding ?
No it isn't because that implies that the main quest is different when it has the same gameplay loop as the side content. It just means you aren't a big fan of the game and it's features. A conversation entirely separate from MTs.

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't buy RPG because of time constraints, but don't come in discussion thread because you haven't bought or played said RPG. Not much of a discussion forum left then is it ?
Makes sense, I don't walk into threads of games I have no intentions of ever playing and start criticizing specific aspects of the game that the overwhelming majority of people PLAYING the game are saying "This has not been an issue for me". Is this a hard concept to grasp, first hand experience???
Also, why does it conveniently keep getting ignored when people who've played this and Origins say that this game certainly feels more grindier than Origins did.

I wonder.
No one is ignoring that shit, I have two suggestions on why it feels that way though:
a)You are not enjoying the gameplay loop
b)The game is larger in every single way than Origins. Travelling will feel longer because it is longer distances being travelled. Quests may take longer to complete as a result. The main questline is longer as a result of this massive world being larger than Origins. The game is called Assassins Creed: Odyssey after all.

Does this mean the game suddenly becomes a grind? Does it mean this game was adjusted to feel like a grind so people buy the booster micro transactions?
fuck. no. It does not mean that.