Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but you CAN'T play your free PS+ games without a sub. Discounted ones, yeah, that'd be bullshit.

true, I can kind of see the argument with free games

but yeah, the biggest issue by far are discounted games and that is absolute bullshit of the highest order

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Wow! That's going to need some backpedaling considering their competition Xbox live (xcloud) does the total opposite.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
As if they needed any additional reason to dig the grave another foot deep. Who would buy this now? I buy the large, large majority of games I play at a discount - no way would I engage with Stadia with this knowledge.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
So, I have no experience to comment with as I've always been subbed to XBLG, but I know there are Gold discounts. They work when you're not Gold, right? I assume the same with...well everything else.

This is mad.
Yes, I can confirm that sony and MS have this crazy innovative program where you keep the games you buy =)

dseed

Oct 27, 2017
QxQl1zi.gif
Came here to see this gif...... was not disappointed :)

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Do you get the choice to purchase the game for full price instead of taking the discount then?

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
This is blowing my mind. How is this possible? How deep can this hole go?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Nah this is definitely a mistranslation or misunderstanding, no way could they have thought this would be acceptable and implement it.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hiring Phil Harrison to launch your gaming service seems like hiring the makers of the titanic to make your new boat.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It is probably true because currently those discounts are kinda crazy. With PS+ you get like additional 10% off, With Stadia Pro some games currently cost 50% less or more.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
heres what happened

stadia announces 12 launch titles. it is ridiculed as a terrible launch lineup and "these better not be full price" reactions
google execs hurriedly move to double launch lineup and offer some steep price cuts like ACO half price

time passes

execs realize - oh crap people can game the system when stadia base comes out (hence this policy) since they only need to sub for a month to get a huge discount

lets see how they react - it would seem absurd to take away founder's games they paid money for.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a bot already going from Stadia to Stadia thread posting "Who is this console for?". I'm baffled.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if your Costco membership expired and later some employees came to your house to take your TV that you bought at a discount there LOL

OP
OP
Toumari

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Stadia has been tweeting back to people since they made that tweet (last tweet 12 minutes ago, mainly all about late codes), and have still yet to reply back and correct this mistake (assuming its a mistake?) despite there being a lot of replies to the tweet in question.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Every single day, I'm thinking there's no way they can't fuck it up more than they already have. And every single day I'm amazed.
If this is latest development is true, this is some next level fuckery. Like they legit invented something new in the industry and it isn't the streaming tech

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Stadia has been tweeted back to people since they made that tweet (last tweet 12 minutes ago), and have still yet to reply back and correct this mistake (assuming its a mistake?) despite there being a lot of replies to the tweet in question.

I dont think its a mistake, as posted above this policy makes sense with Stadia Base as far as google is concerned. I think they ate the costs of these discounts themselves, they are counting on people remaining paid subscribers

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It is probably true because currently those discounts are kinda crazy. With PS+ you get like additional 10% off, With Stadia Pro some games currently cost 50% less or more.

Sony also sometimes has sales, where you get double discount when you have an active PS+ membership (eg. 35% off without PS+, 70% off with PS+)

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
It makes sense from business perspective - users can buy 1 month premium, buy a lot of games on discount, cancel subscription and save a lot of money.

It just sounds ridiculous from user's perspective.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way this is true, but there's also no way there could be a communication error about something like this.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I think its not a mistake. The difference between normal and Pro prices is pretty big. Google basically dug themselves into a hole.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Someone really needs to pick this up at a media level and ask.

Because that's surely illegal to remove purchased material like this.

You don't lose games you buy with a Gold or PS+ discount, why would you. This is crazy.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense from business perspective - users can buy 1 month premium, buy a lot of games on discount, cancel subscription and save a lot of money.

It just sounds ridiculous from user's perspective.
You could say the same with PS Plus, Xbox Gold, EA/Origin Access, yet they are not as dumb as to block that stuff. Because at the end of the day, they just want to have your money.

It's true that Stadia Pro is giving 50% discounts, way more than those other services. But still, it's dumb.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
This is insane and just begging for class action suits. I need a hard confirm from another Google source before believing it because it's so asinine lol.

Like another user said it's similar to buying a tv from Sam's club on Black Friday and when your membership lapses they remotely fry the TV's insides haha.

Vintage it actually makes zero sense from a business perspective. Unless you're in the business of scaring off any and all customers from ever buying shit from you again.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I think its not a mistake. The difference between normal and Pro prices is pretty big. Google basically dug themselves into a hole.
But then they're taking the concept of ownership and throwing it in the window.

You can't "buy" something and not actually own it like this. It'll be a legal quagmire.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I jumped to the last page hoping that this was a mistake
But it looks like it isn't
so, I can expresses my feelings:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Meanwhile some people here have years of Game Pass for $1.

Not doing good on the whole value proposition here, Google.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
That seems very bad compared to like literally anything else. If it's the case there should at a minimum be massive warnings and a way to buy them at full price. If not then Stadia founders who don't plan to stay on Pro can't even buy games for 3 months for fear of losing them?

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
At this point, it's more economical to just buy a console. All that "high end gaming without the investment!" bullshit.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Ahahahahaha does Google secretly have a console in the works and they're trying to kill streaming's rep??

I'm all for streaming to work, but not like this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.