Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Worse, they take your Costco Pizza, I would fight somebody

giphy.gif

SURRENDER THE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN, CITIZEN

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Google needs to clear this up, cause if it is wrong and they let the misinformation spread it's going to take on a life of it's own

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait
Wait
WHAT??? Yeah.. No this isn't the future. We cant let this be the future We just can't allow that.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Someone needs to find a fine print. Everything you needed to know for sure about Stadia is only in fine print, I'm pretty sure this is printed somewhere else as well, in a smallest font possible.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding PS+ and Xbox Gold comparisons, You don't know when they will put games on sale and give you additional discount. Stadia Pro gives you discount immediately.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Stadia is such a waste of time, money and effort for Google. I'm sure there have to be lots of important people outside of the Stadia division just quietly hating on it waiting for it to disappear.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's actually fucked, I've got to assume it'll be changed soon, seeing as it doesn't seem to be a mistake, because fuck off Google otherwise.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah Google need to backtrack

I had interest in Stadia Base and was considering buying a buddy pass when they became available (dont need controller or chromecast) for 3 months Pro then going Base

I'd have bought ACO ONLY because of the discount, and would be pissed to lose it

Between this and the 30fps news for ACO & destiny 1080/medium (imagines how well cyberpunk runs...)

I'm bailing even on that I think.

Oct 27, 2017
I.. don't understand how this works.

Isn't there (eventually) a tier of Stadia where there isn't a cost subscription? You just sign up and buy games without paying a monthly sub? I thought the monthly sub was for the "benefits" of the 4K and early access they're locking behind Pro?

If that's the case, then how technically could this even work?

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
I can't get my head around this, so say you buy a game at launch at full price minus a discount, if you have your sub for years and then let it expire, you can no longer play that same game which will no doubt now be a fraction of the price than what you bought it for years ago even with a discount

Insane if true, must be a mistake

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone asked the a different branch for verification? I mean, they've done a lot of dumb things, but this one would be borderline criminal.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
This is insane and just begging for class action suits. I need a hard confirm from another Google source before believing it because it's so asinine lol.

Like another user said it's similar to buying a tv from Sam's club on Black Friday and when your membership lapses they remotely fry the TV's insides haha.

Vintage it actually makes zero sense from a business perspective. Unless you're in the business of scaring off any and all customers from ever buying shit from you again.

A lot of failures of Stadia are bad for its business, but I meant from pure numbers perspective - if discounts are big, it's basically a loophole to get games cheap. Still, I fully agree - this is dumb.

However, is it even possible to forfeit your discount and buy a game for full price if you have Stadia Premium? Like, if I plan to cancel Premium and want to keep my games?

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
I.. don't understand how this works.

Isn't there (eventually) a tier of Stadia where there isn't a cost subscription? You just sign up and buy games without paying a monthly sub? I thought the monthly sub was for the "benefits" of the 4K and early access they're locking behind Pro?

If that's the case, then how technically could this even work?

You won't get the discount prices on Stadia basic. So you have to pay full price and you'll keep access to your games.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
The Italian to English translation by readers here may be correct but what if the initial English to Italian translation is incorrect.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
If this is is in place as a Stadia policy, they'll literally never see a penny out of me as a possible customer.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I mean if this was just a translation error, there and the policy is untrue then it should have got a auto DM instantly.

If this goes on for a while, then they are seriously fucked.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
I mean, it's one thing if you get a game with no extra charge (PS+ style) that you can't access, but... Huh?

For the sake of common sense, I hope this is an employee/customer service error.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
This is some Microsoft Xbox One announcement era of dumb fuckery and even they wouldn't do it

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1. This has to be illegal in the EU. It just has to be.

2. If you look at what Gamepass provides and then this utter nonsense, I'm in awe at how freaking out of touch Google is with this. I absolutely think Gamepass is kind of devaluing software like mobile or Spotify do, but it's there and it's not going away. So launching with this is...uh...yeah.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Oh this is somehow an even worse look for stadia.... must pay full price to enjoy free version of stadia lol

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They're waiting to respond so they can get all their chickens in a row and go "haha it was a mistake by the pr person", even though it wasn't.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Google failed to disclose this fact to EU players, then they are liable for the EU' Unfair Commercial Practices under the category of misleading practices through omission of important information. If so, then we must immediately find a way to report Google to the EU for this.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it makes sense from a business perspective..

If there are good discounts with the paid subscription, why would people not just sub for one month for $10 and buy several games that each have $10-$30 discounts?

The look is all sorts of not good and this restriction should be very clear when you buy a discounted game, but conceptually I don't think it's that bad

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
See...if they had just made a console....Or put the discounts on the free side too.

Maybe that's an easy fix, discounts on the free side too. Other than the common sense thing to do, to not deny access.

But God damn they are fucking this launch up something spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.