The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If this is true then yikes

This is why you don't just wholesale give away your ownership rights

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm 99 percent sure that's a translation error... I'm not even sure they would be allowed to do that

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
That's some mafia level bullshit. "Hey, buddy. You better stay sub'd or we can't guarantee the safety of your games."

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Add this to the burning pile of shit that is Stadia. What a fucking joke. The Stadia has shutdown thread is going to be epic.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
No. Nope. No way. This can't be true. Has to be a miscommunication issue. This isn't even legal especially in Europe you would think

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I think it's real; this is from the Stadia "About" page, look at the wording on the fine print:

qEywVuS.png

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
According to Stadia Terms of Service (TOS):
Cancellations. You may cancel a subscription at any time. Your cancellation will take effect at the conclusion of the current billing period. Subscriptions may include right to access and play specified Content. Those rights will be revoked if your subscription is cancelled.

While not explicitly saying discounted content is revoked, it is vague enough to give Google the position to revoke access to discounted purchases.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
That seems like a very poor business plan. But then again, they do have Phil Harrison on board, so makes sense

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Hello, we checked this with Google France and we can confirm this is false. Your games stays in your library after your Stadia Pro subscription expires (except free games like Destiny 2 of course).
German twitter also said you continue to own the games you bought after sub expires. Weird none of them specifically say "you can play them". Remember your free PS+ games also stay in your library, just with a small lock icon until you re-sub again.

Status
Not open for further replies.