Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Here i was thinking you can't be more anti consumer than Nintendo.

I stand corrected.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Yes but the discounts and free games only apply for subscribers of the 4k "Pro" option.

I think what this person actually means is that until the free version launches next year, you'd have to keep subscribing to play the games. Or something. I don't know. I think it's probably just a mistake. EDIT: Beaten. Although they do only specify free and discounted games, when in reality you can't play ANY game you bought without subscribing until the free service kicks in.

Oh ok. Got it.
I'm sure this was an error in the communication. No way that's true.

Even having to wait for the free option is shitty though.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
We have italian speakers here confirming it's not a translation error.

Oh...oh dear.
giphy.gif

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Every single day, I'm thinking there's no way they can't fuck it up more than they already have. And every single day I'm amazed.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when people asked if that was the case on PS+, and how surprised I felt every time because why would you lose access to them?

Yet here we are.

Still not comparable. Your Stadia subscription doesn't regularly net you access to free games, your games you buy are still accessible regardless of subscription.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Ciao! Abbiamo visto il tuo post e vogliamo aiutarti! I giochi ottenuti gratis o con sconti grazie alla sottoscrizione a Stadia Pro non saranno piĂą disponibili una volta scaduto l'abbonamento. Potrai continuare a giocare con i giochi che hai acquistato a prezzo pieno. Un saluto!

Hello! We saw your post and we want to help you! The game obtained for free or with a discount thanks to the Stadia Pro subscription will no longer be available after the subscription expires. You can continue to play games you bought at full prize. Have a nice day!

My translation, I'm italian.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Yes but the discounts and free games only apply for subscribers of the 4k "Pro" option.

I think what this person actually means is that until the free version launches next year, you'd have to keep subscribing to play the games. Or something. I don't know. I think it's probably just a mistake. EDIT: Beaten. Although they do only specify free and discounted games, when in reality you can't play ANY game you bought without subscribing until the free service kicks in.

If that is what they mean, then their post is really, really misleading. They take the time to precise that you can't access the games you had free or with a discount. Not including games you buy without a discount.

If what you said was the case, wouldn't they just say so? Like say it straight, you just can't play games on Stadia without Stadia Pro until the full service launches.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Wow an unintended consequence of having to have a sale day one on games

They just created a new problem for themselves

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I hate the very concept AND execution of Stadia, I cannot believe this is the case. It just can't be true

I hope it is tho lmao

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a joke, right? Tons of people I know occasionally sub to stuff like Xbox Live to use certain discounts and keep those games once the sub is gone. I understand why you don't get to keep games included in monthly subs, but stuff you bought? This is unreal.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when you could buy a DLC for a free PS+ game, and after your sub expired you would retain the ownership because the DLC license would transfer over to full game.

And then you have shit like this.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
giphy.webp

Google what the fuck are you doing this is 2019, not 2009

If i pay you 10e a month for the right to buy a game a bit cheaper, i should be able to play that game even if i choose not to pay you a 10 a month

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
That be the equivalent of PlayStation or Xbox taking away your games you purchased using your PSN/Gold discounts if it lapses. That has to be illegal.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
To be fair this is a tricky problem for Google because at $10 a month, any AAA sale will have the issue where its likely cheaper to sub for just a month for the discount (thinking about when stadia base it out)

Its compounded by the fact that they clearly intended people paying full price for games at launch, then slashed prices due to the negative reaction to pricing given how long the games had been out...

Another weakness for their business model / lack of exclusive content

Oct 31, 2017
There's no "translation error", so stop saying that bullshit.
Your best hope is that the person giving the answer was ill informed, but the translation is absolutely fine.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a miscommunication, i mean this is insane and they're not that insane.... right?

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all better give them hell for this

otherwise don't be complaining in 3or so years when Sony hits you with that "sorry your psn+ lapsed, you can't play your free or discounted games until you resub"

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Y'all better give them hell for this

otherwise don't be complaining in 3or so years when Sony hits you with that "sorry your psn+ lapsed, you can't play your free or discounted games until you resub"

Correct me if I'm wrong but you CAN'T play your free PS+ games without a sub. Discounted ones, yeah, that'd be bullshit.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
HAHAHA!

Phil Harrison strikes again. I swear everything this guy has his hands on turns to shit.

Would not be surprised if we see in the next couple months people departing this project.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
So, I have no experience to comment with as I've always been subbed to XBLG, but I know there are Gold discounts. They work when you're not Gold, right? I assume the same with...well everything else.

This is mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.