Status
Not open for further replies.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
It's nobody's responsibility to educate bigots

Cut them off and eradicate them from communities

If they don't find out something they're doing is wrong, and further radicalize, we'll, that's not really our problem
Until they i don't know, shoot up a building🙄

Cell phones have objectively made life more stressful and we have not considered the harmful side-effects of being always connected bc 1. It's too convenient and 2. It enables our jobs to make workers of us even in our supposed leisure time

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Political views doesn't make you a good person. You can have a lot of left views but still be a jerk or treat people poorly.

Actions matter far more than words or views.

Nov 26, 2018
Christianity is a free for all when it comes to criticism and bashing in atheist/agnostic circles but other religions (Buddhism, Islam and what have you) are still revered and respected with nary a bad word said about them.

As someone who is Christian, I agree but there is some nuance to it. In Western countries we messed up pretty bad and are going to reap the consequences for centuries. However, Palestinian Christians are being denied access to Israel/Bethlehem, even during the Holy Week, and two churches in Egypt were also attacked this week. Most critique towards Christianity is people embittered by western Protestantism that has allowed for the disrespect of others in the "name of God"

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
a big majority of this site would be considered rich as fuck in my country, have no idea what's like to live in a shitty and dysfunctional neighborhood in a corrupted city and corrupted country like mine where most people live earning ~3000 USD/year and don't have the means to even have netflix or a gaming console, so they complain too much about things that would make people i know personally laugh their asses off

(this is not a "don't complain about trump" post, just pointing out that people here are really privileged in the grand scheme of things)

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
a big majority of this site would be considered rich as fuck in my country, have no idea what's like to live in a shitty and dysfunctional neighborhood in a corrupted city and corrupted country like mine where most people live earning ~3000 USD/year and don't have the means to even have netflix or a gaming console, so they complain too much about things that would make people i know personally laugh their asses off

(this is not a "don't complain about trump" post, just pointing out that people here are really privileged in the grand scheme of things)

Agreed, a lot of posters here like to flaunt their wealth in "subtle" ways.

"Oh I would happily pay $5 more for Netflix, what's the big deal, it's just five bucks/ $50 for Youtube TV is an absolute steal, I can't believe people pirate media".

As if an extra $60 a year isn't a lot to some people and Netflix isn't a billion dollar company already. Those are tame examples but a lot of people have no idea what it's like to be poor-poor. The average person's idea of struggling is growing up in a house that only had 1 family car or only being able to take a trip overseas once a year. The thought of someone being unable to even leave their own city because of their financial situation is a foreign concept.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix is not a positive force at all for the entertainment industry, and someone should throw the brakes on them trying to corner the entire thing like they're doing.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
The Last Jedi is a fantastic movie and up there with ESB.

I say this because literally everyone I've said that to looked at me like I just murdered their pet (or is it fur baby these days...?). I was incredibly surprised to see that in the 'what's your favorite SW' TLJ actually seemed to score really high.

It seems to me that TLJ is the only Star Wars film that actually has interesting themes that are dealt with intelligently.

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Agreed, a lot of posters here like to flaunt their wealth in "subtle" ways.

"Oh I would happily pay $5 more for Netflix, what's the big deal, it's just five bucks/ $50 for Youtube TV is an absolute steal, I can't believe people pirate media".

As if an extra $60 a year isn't a lot to some people and Netflix isn't a billion dollar company already. Those are tame examples but a lot of people have no idea what it's like to be poor-poor. The average person's idea of struggling is growing up in a house that only had 1 family car or only being able to take a trip overseas once a year. The thought of someone being unable to even leave their own city because of their financial situation is a foreign concept.
Now imagine if billionaires started distributing their ill-gotten wealth to all corners of the world

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
TV sucks and "the golden age of TV" stuff is nonsense

Yeah, it's just more lurid and violent. It's still fundamentally trash, though. Not that there's anything wrong with a little trashy escapism, but people make it out to be more significant than it really is.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Trust me, they're considered rich as fuck in their own countries as well. But once you have that money you get used to that lifestyle. It's their norm life.
I'm almost sure it's one of the big reasons so many here don't know how to act around other people. They live in a different plain that almost everyone else. I imagine it damages their social skills.

I won't lie and say I'm not jealous though. I wouldn't mind having a $3,000 computer, all the current systems and a 120 inch 8K tv.

CursedOctopus

Oct 27, 2017
Hunter x Hunter is not very good, especially compared to Yu Yu Hakusho. I tried to give it 20 episodes, but I didn't find any of the main characters very likeable.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You disrespect gamers at your own peril. Know this: we may have been the nerds in school, but we're the heroes of legend who save the universe and never back down when confronted. Our lives are adventures you couldn't possibly dream of. You think we're still soft, that we're still the easy targets?

*takes a long drag from a cigarette and stares directly into the camera*

Fuck with us and find out the truth.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars is pure nostalgia bait, and is mediocre sci-fi at best.

I just wanted Blade Runner to do better at the box office, leave me alone...

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Now imagine if billionaires started distributing their ill-gotten wealth to all corners of the world

It kills me how so many people here cry out eat the rich then are so willing to further enrich billionaires by buying their overpriced products or posting smarmily about how they would happily pay more for the goods and services.

Wish more people would put their money where their mouth is.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ketchup on a well done steak is amazingly delicious as is pineapple on pizza.

*runs away*

Listen you bat rastard, if you're gonna start a fight, put on the gloves. Don't run away with that old shoe of a steak. Own it. OWN IT.

Pineapple on pizza is treasonous, and shows that you collude with the Russians. Go back to the motherland, you commie!

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
I've had Popeye's twice and I think it's pretty overrated. The chicken itself is ok (I'd put it on par with KFC, honestly) and I like the biscuits, but the sides I've had are terrible. Pasty mashed potatoes with that gravy that's spiced for no reason at all plus the weak ass mac and cheese.

I'll probably give it another try sometime since one just opened where I live, but it's been a disappointment so far.
Red Beans & Rice and Cajun Fries straight out of the fryer are the only edible sides at Popeye's.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit love this thread. I just need one truly disgusting opinion followed by a witty clapback to bring back the nostalgia feels of the old site.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Mad Max: Fury Road is an awful movie. What the movie actually shows is completely at odds with its heavy handed messaging.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Nintendo makes mistakes sometimes. You wouldn't think that is edgy but the corporate defense on this board can be strong.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
EVA is a trash anime that people use to try feel smarter than other people

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Instagram should keep the visible likes. It's a platform for flexing and showing off, get with it.

Fuck a "healthy change"

Status
Not open for further replies.