• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I really need a documentary of Yuji Naka's time at Square

Seems like some crazy shit went down... probably because of him

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Okay, I feel very out of the loop haha. Last time heard his (Yuji Naka) name, people were praising him for DQXI if I remember right?

I'll have to look him up and see what went down the last couple years because now I'm curious lol.

Edit: Nevermind, I remember this now lol. I definitely confused him with Yuji Horii.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Okay, I feel very out of the loop haha. Last time heard his (Yuji Naka) name, people were praising him for DQXI if I remember right?

I'll have to look him up and see what went down the last couple years because now I'm curious lol.
I think you're thinking of yuji horii

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I really need a documentary of Yuji Naka's time at Square

Seems like some crazy shit went down... probably because of him
He lost the lawsuit against SE because literally nobody at SE and Arzest wanted to work with him. He was demanding people to work for free after delaying the game, to work on weekends, tried to walk back marketing contracts, etc.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
No wonder Sonic is so fast. He tries to outrun any relations to this guy.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
All game developers should go through social media training before Twitter handles are given out 😂

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
bVlUJZc_d.webp

He just doesn't know when to stop, does he?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
you posted this in the generall gaming forum.
could we get some context here? who is this person and what did he do?
He's the Sonic guy, that's why it's in Gaming
Insider trading - https://www.resetera.com/threads/yuji-naka-has-been-formally-charged-for-insider-trading.669091/
Admitted guilt - https://www.resetera.com/threads/ti...its-guilt-during-insider-trading-case.692395/
Sentence is 2.5 years of prison - https://www.resetera.com/threads/yu...fined-for-172-million-yen-1-2-million.739407/

Oct 29, 2017
you posted this in the generall gaming forum.
could we get some context here? who is this person and what did he do?
Yuji Naka is one of the creators of Sonic and for many years was effectively the Miyamoto of the series.
He left SEGA after burning some bridges and struggled to make games that got Sonic level distribution for years.
He eventually joined Square Enix and made a bomb of a game, on every conceivable level, called Balan Wonderworld.
He was fired from SE for its failure.
Then was charged with insider trading from information he gained at SE… twice.
Left social media.
Now is back.

Is the condensed version of things

IzzyRX