• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Was surprised to see Part Two was coming soon (today or tomorrow I think?) when the R-rated cut of Part One is out yet.. I'll just keep waiting. I know the first isn't meant to be very good but I'll give it a shot in that form at least.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
They'd better not give him money to make his shit movies then go around and cancel Three Body Problem.

Also, I'd rather watch 100 Adam Sandler netflix movies than his trash.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. I saw Part One in theaters so I did my part 🫡

Will continue to support the series, I hope it keeps growing!

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine how bad this will be once he no longer has Akira Kurosawa material left to prop it up.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
Will something actually happen in part 3? Felt like nothing important happened in part one.

Mango Pilot

Apr 8, 2024
Can anyone name a single character from this movie? Any merch? How do they claim this "franchise is a success" beyond people maybe turning it own when they take a nap?

The Quentulated Mox

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 10, 2022
he's like alternate evil version of James Cameron. Both apparently vowing to make their series of derivative sci-fi action movies until they die, but one of them makes the most successful movies ever made while inventing new technology at the same time, while the other one only makes mid with lazy hackwork techniques

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone name a single character from this movie? Any merch? How do they claim this "franchise is a success" beyond people maybe turning it own when they take a nap?
Well there is Korra

Evil guy with a cane

Farmer boy

Ray Fisher but I think he died?

Benicio Del Toro's character from The Last Jedi

Uhh lightsaber lady

Native American stereotype

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
I wonder if the new head if Netflix Dan lin will kick him to the curb. I think he previously mocked the snydercut cult fans a bit or something. Maybe he likes smyder himself though.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Every friend I have that actually enjoy bad movies said Rebel Moon Part 1 was a waste of time at best. Naturally Snyder is going to keep going, but honestly, can't really blame him if the money keeps coming in.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Well there is Korra

Evil guy with a cane

Farmer boy

Ray Fisher but I think he died?

Benicio Del Toro's character from The Last Jedi

Uhh lightsaber lady

Native American stereotype

The lightsaber lady's name is Katana, I'm pretty sure. Her sword steals the souls of its victims.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Given how much Snyder and his weirder fans love to crow about "deconstruction" or "subverting expectations" whenever anyone criticizes his movies, the only way I'd actually be impressed is if he ends Part 2 with the Samurai just decisively losing.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
In some way I admire his stubborn ability to not give a shit what anybody thinks and hold firm to his belief that he actually knows how to tell a decent story

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
viewership is pretty important but the most important metric is how many new (and resubs) did a show or movie drive, that is the absolute key metric for streaming services now. Its also a number they will never, ever let any of us know.

There is a huge correlation between viewership numbers and sub numbers of course, something like Stranger Things or Wednesday or Bridgerton will absolutely do massive in both but I think you would just be guessing out your ass on things like Red Notice, Rebel Moon, or Damsel.

The simplest thing to deduce is based on funding decisions, like they recently passed on a millie bobbie brown picture but seem to be in strong business with Adam Sandler and apparently Zack Snyder so I'd guess their stuff is doing well.

Rebel Moon part 1 was so bad it was actually hilarious mst3k level bad, but I also know a ton of people who watched it. Can't really explain it, but I am sad to say I will probably watch part 2 this weekend lol

Tea-Stance

Feb 11, 2024
I thought based on 300's homophobia, Zack would be scared of them :P
8mO8dll3bSzgk6xVm4MyWuTkZskfxJ.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the first one was just dumb fun and I'll be watching part two but…..

When's the directors cut for part 3 coming out so he can get everything right he got wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Netflix really should have done a 1 movie at a time deal.

Rebel Moon was TERRIBLE. It was like watching a bad live action RPG, and we started in the middle of the party gathering part.

The Quentulated Mox

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 10, 2022
Every friend I have that actually enjoy bad movies said Rebel Moon Part 1 was a waste of time at best.
i fuckin love shitty sci-fi movies and Rebel Moon is a turd. it's not entertainingly bad because it doesn't have any ideas of its own, so all you have left is marveling at the exact same greenscreen sets for 2.5 hours or being baffled by the terrible script or bizarre edits. at least Jupiter Ascending has Sean Bean playing the King of Bees

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Army of the Dead also supposed to be it's own mega franchise? Guess that didn't happen either.

A character in Army of the Dead is also in some Rebel Moon material somewhere. Maybe the comic? I don't know, everything he does is hyped up as "going to revolutionize X" where X is whatever genre he's currently farting around with. Strangely it never seems to actually happen.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
I haven't seen the movie but I know there's a robot named Jimmy
The lightsaber lady's name is Katana, I'm pretty sure. Her sword steals the souls of its victims.
But does she have your back?
Given how much Snyder and his weirder fans love to crow about "deconstruction" or "subverting expectations" whenever anyone criticizes his movies, the only way I'd actually be impressed is if he ends Part 2 with the Samurai just decisively losing.
That's Seven Samurai though. The movie ends with the samurai saying they lost, it's the farmers that won.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
He has plans to make 7 of them. Somehow I doubt anyone will give him the money for that after the fizzle of the first two.

Imagine thinking you had enough to make seven movies and putting that first movie forward as your first step.

That's Seven Samurai though. The movie ends with the samurai saying they lost, it's the farmers that won.

Yeah, but I'm talking "the Imperials just glass the planet from orbit, killing all the Samurai and Farmers and everyone else because of course a handful of melee fighters who never even talk to each other can't beat a bunch of capital ships and fighters".

Not even a pyrrhic victory or "we lost but the farmers won" or anything, just a big Monty Python foot coming down and squishing them.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but I'm talking "the Imperials just glass the planet from orbit, killing all the Samurai and Farmers and everyone else because of course a handful of melee fighters who never even talk to each other can't beat a bunch of capital ships and fighters".

Not even a pyrrhic victory or "we lost but the farmers won" or anything, just a big Monty Python foot coming down and squishing them.

I hadn't thought of this but now that you say it, yeah, there's a non-zero chance this actually happens. "OMG SUBVERTED GENIUS STRIKES AGAIN"

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking you had enough to make seven movies and putting that first movie forward as your first step.

Tbh I might respect that a little lol