• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Way better than the english VO that's for sure.
I mean I'm pretty sure I can confidently say that I can say Zelda's lines in English in a more convincing tone than her EN voice actress, and I'm a french dude lol.

Edit: so yeah just tried the FR voices, it's better than the "just reading my lines from the text" neutral tone of the EN voices, but imo it still has a veeery cheesy tone for a native speaker.

Spanish latin america is indeed much better. Japanese is also quite good, guess it will be one of those 2

Last edited:

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's nothing revelatory, it's just more BotW, but it's great. The dungeon is good, the boss battle is fantastic. If you like BotW, you'll like it.
Yes, but not a goddamn slog

make me
Sounds good to me. I just wish it would've improved enemy variety and it doesn't seem like it did..

If I did that I would be so annoying at some point you'd just block me. :P
yRnj5SU3TG5CMlKfTVn6MQDnza8hgm0ZQSvrJ_gbz0XxQE9ZO6s7XqGDGro4B1UXGflTuHPKcUSt5hJvu7s96suREaDQdEDVdMY_M3cO3m_z3leyze35zZRIJ30zIrzFV78xWMsl

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Really deserved.
I've played so many games in my life, but nothing comes close to Breath of the Wild.

While I loved Bloodborne, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, The Witcher 3 and I'm loving RDR2, there's no competition. What Botw achieves is an adventure in which every single time you boot up the game and go looking for the next shrine or for a good weapon to fight a silver lynel, you find yourself in some situation where you have complete freedom to overcome the various struggles and reach your target. Furthermore, the use of verticality and the chemical systems are something that other devs have to look after (as they are probably doing) because it would improve almost any open world game. And Eventide Island is probably one of the greatest moments in gaming.

It's very reductite to define it the "game of the generation" (that is probably Fortnite), because the importance of this title is weighing all over the history of this medium. It's not a perfect game (the ending could have been a lot better and the best boss battle is locked behind the second DLC), but boy is it fun.

I'm glad we're in a time where quality and care actually sell copies.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nice! was it good? maybe a season pass would be worth it
the dlc is really good imo, IF you're not expecting it to magically solve all your problems with the story (if you had any problems with the story)
the first part has some nice additions, some of them shouldn't have been part of the expansion tho, they should have been for all players. plus the trial of the sword is imo an amazing quest and the first time i ever felt like i had to get good at the combat.
the second part of the dlc, champions' ballad, i also really liked. it's a very well done quest from beginning to end, and takes you all over the map again. the beginning and the end of the quest are some of my favorite parts of the game, and the extra shrines are some of the best in the game. the new memories aren't much and don't add to the story a lot but they're... cute, i guess.
overall i think the package is well done. maybe it would have been a no brainer to recommend if it was slightly cheaper, but at 20 it's still good if you really like botw.

Yeah. I can't believe Nintendo didn't release at least one more DLC pack.
i think, just like odyssey, once they realized how well received and successful the games and switch have become, they just moved as fast as they can to create the sequels.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me. I just wish it would've improved enemy variety and it doesn't seem like it did..

If I did that I would be so annoying at some point you'd just block me. :P
yRnj5SU3TG5CMlKfTVn6MQDnza8hgm0ZQSvrJ_gbz0XxQE9ZO6s7XqGDGro4B1UXGflTuHPKcUSt5hJvu7s96suREaDQdEDVdMY_M3cO3m_z3leyze35zZRIJ30zIrzFV78xWMsl
Yeah, no new enemies. It's fine, it's a good bit of content. But yeah, don't expect anything on the level of the expansions for Witcher or Horizon.

I have already blocked you

Monkeyball

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
I'm still sad we didn't get a new zone with a big traditional temple as DLC where you could play as Zelda.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
It's nothing revelatory, it's just more BotW, but it's great. The dungeon is good, the boss battle is fantastic. If you like BotW, you'll like it.

Yes, but not a goddamn slog

make me

the dlc is really good imo, IF you're not expecting it to magically solve all your problems with the story (if you had any problems with the story)
the first part has some nice additions, some of them shouldn't have been part of the expansion tho, they should have been for all players. plus the trial of the sword is imo an amazing quest and the first time i ever felt like i had to get good at the combat.
the second part of the dlc, champions' ballad, i also really liked. it's a very well done quest from beginning to end, and takes you all over the map again. the beginning and the end of the quest are some of my favorite parts of the game, and the extra shrines are some of the best in the game. the new memories aren't much and don't add to the story a lot but they're... cute, i guess.
overall i think the package is well done. maybe it would have been a no brainer to recommend if it was slightly cheaper, but at 20 it's still good if you really like botw.

i think, just like odyssey, once they realized how well received and successful the games and switch have become, they just moved as fast as they can to create the sequels.

cheers - i absolutely just wanted more BOTW, so I'm sold!

Rocketjay

Apr 30, 2018
Super Mario Odyssey is ahead of Breath of the Wild by 40,000K

This proves that SMO is the better game.

Last edited:

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
To me this is one of those heart warming moments where I'm watching my new favorite game of all time reap huge rewards. It's especially great as Zelda was losing its luster for a lot of people (though I liked Skyward Sword and especially Link Between Worlds) I gave it fairly high chance that if Breath of the Wild failed they'd have to start cutting budget. Instead it just blew the doors off and floored the world.

Breath of the Wild is just so special.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I mean I'm pretty sure I can confidently say that I can say Zelda's lines in English in a more convincing tone than her EN voice actress, and I'm a french dude lol.

Edit: so yeah just tried the FR voices, it's better than the "just reading my lines from the text" neutral tone of the EN voices, but imo it still has a veeery cheesy tone for a native speaker.

Spanish latin america is indeed much better. Japanese is also quite good, guess it will be one of those 2

When the story trailer dropped, I remember that I checked every available language and my conclusion was that english was among the worst. And indeed, Spanish (Latin america) is imo the best