• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
This is looking extremely good.

Do we know if this is a short or a long game? Preview demo seems to be 3 hours long, but some of the previewers said it showed a big chunk of the game.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So how hard is the combat meant to be??
The game looks absolutely great from all the previews

"Titan Souls was really punishing and difficult," says Foster. "This is still a challenge, for sure, and I think the fans of Titan Souls will be really into this game, but it isn't as brutal or as black and white. It's certainly still an intense and fast paced game where you will have to be paying attention the whole time, but you've got health, you've got upgrades…. so people can have more flexibility to play their own way."

"If you hit a wall, then you have options," adds Fenn. "You can go and explore more and get more prepared for each fight, which I wouldn't say is something that we regretted not having in Titan Souls, but we wanted a different approach this time around. As much as we love that kind of refined approach to indie design – where you're very minimal and focused – there's just something about putting more into it; not trying to tell a story without words, but a proper story without the need for vague metaphors!"

www.gamesradar.com

Taking a look behind Death's Door, the upcoming Xbox indie that has you harvesting souls as a sword-slinging crow

How Death's Door builds on the foundation of Titan Souls for Acid Nerve's "dream game"

DarkMage619

Dec 1, 2017
I can't believe that I'm no longer interested in this Day 1 simply because it isn't on Gamepass. What have you done to me Microsoft?!?!
Gamepass has saved me so money I can take chances on games like this especially when it's sold at a discount. I'm willing to give this title a shot for the art direction alone.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Though this was on Gamepass. Not on Gamepass sadly means I'll be passing until it's on a deep sale. Too much else to play coming up that I can get through Gamepass/Gamefly. Looks great, though!

Doub

Nov 11, 2020
Oh this isn't on gamepass ? I thought it was as it was unveiled in a Microsoft show if I'm not mistaken ?
This game looks amazing nonetheless and I hope it turns out pretty good. Pretty hyped for it.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Oh this isn't on gamepass ? I thought it was as it was unveiled in a Microsoft show if I'm not mistaken ?
This game looks amazing nonetheless and I hope it turns out pretty good. Pretty hyped for it.

It was, but not all games that Microsoft has been partnering with are in Game Pass.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Pre-Purchase Death's Door + Titan Souls BUNDLE

1 of 2 items from this bundle are already in your library.
Buy this bundle to save 0% off the 1 items you don't yet have!

Ummm... is that really the actual discount for the bundle, on Steam?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't paying much attention to this game but upon realizing the protagonist is a small crow with a red lightsaber, my interest skyrocketed.

Never played Titan Souls but the world, visual style and characters are doing a lot for me.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Though this was on Gamepass. Not on Gamepass sadly means I'll be passing until it's on a deep sale. Too much else to play coming up that I can get through Gamepass/Gamefly. Looks great, though!
The game is on sale for $17. What kind on discount do you need to make this affordable?

I bought Death's Door using Microsoft Rewards - and that takes 2-months for me to get a $20 Gift Card.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The game is on sale for $17. What kind on discount do you need to make this affordable?

I bought Death's Door using Microsoft Rewards - and that takes 2-months for me to get a $20 Gift Card.
It's not that it isn't worth $17, it's that I have a library of dozens of games I've never played that I'm already paying for due to the subscription nature of GP/GF.

It's just the way it is. I could spend $17 on DD, sure, or I could spend $17 on something not game related since I already have a wealth of games to play.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
New to the Xbox Ecosystem, haven't even played a game on it. Can imagine it coming to GP, but it is/was €4 on Gamivo so why not ey

KozukiOden

Feb 5, 2019
Yup but most of them are so it's a safe assumption imho. Especially for the "indy scale", they've been grabbing a lot of titles for gamepass.
It was revealed in the 3,5 Hour long indie showcase earlier this year. With about 60 Games in the show and "only" 20+ were announced to be available day one on game pass.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
New gameplay trailer also scheduled for the 20th:

Air in 90 minutes it seems. I also may buy this with ms rewards points, may want to play it soon and I doubt it's gonna take a lot of time from my game pass backlog anyway. They probably deserve the support and I can spare those points probably.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Air in 90 minutes it seems. I also may buy this with ms rewards points, may want to play it soon and I doubt it's gonna take a lot of time from my game pass backlog anyway. They probably deserve the support and I can spare those points probably.

Oh, haha—my bad! I was looking at the date in the trailer text as the premier date and not the game release!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
GamesRadar just put up their preview of the game:
www.gamesradar.com

Death's Door somehow makes death feel both bleak and supremely chill

Death's Door is a moody love letter to Legend of Zelda that may be one of the best indies of the year

Interesting. This compares the game directly to Zelda and metroidvanias... but I think they have only played the same ~3h demo / beginning areas. Optimistic though, with the closed doors, stairs, etc that will probably make you backtrack at some point. I'm sure it won't really be comparable to Zelda, maybe a bit Zelda-lite, but I'll be glad to be surprised in the end. The question for me is just how combat driven it is, or if there is much more to it apart from combat, bosses, upgrades and npc talking. Let's hope the new gameplay trailer clarifies this a bit.

Oh, haha—my bad! I was looking at the date in the trailer text as the premier date and not the game release!

:) would be strange to release a gameplay trailer the day it launches though. Instead of streaming it or letting people play. Maye a launch trailer.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
but it is/was €4 on Gamivo so why not ey

What. Is this site legit? I guess they just sell cheaper region codes in the end, in this case it says 4,50 € for an Argentinian region key. Does this activate anywhere, or do you have to use a vpn for activation and such?

Still, 0€ real money (with ms rewards points) sounds like a better deal to me. But curious.

edit - is says ONLY in Argentina. And sorry for double posting btw

Status
Not open for further replies.