entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This was done before, so not a new gimmick. Still impressive.

Back in 2019, in the before times, Kotaku reported that an investor named Sean trained like One-Punch Man for thirty days and got in terrific shape. Now, in 2021, another dude has trained like the character for a whole year.

As Yutara reports, YouTuber Jigoku Dera Guren Maru started at 82.7 kilograms (182 pounds). But every day, he did 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and ran 10 kilometers (6 miles for Yanks)—just like One-Punch Man.

kotaku.com

Dude Trains Like One-Punch Man During The Pandemic, Gets Buff

Back in 2019, in the before times, Kotaku reported that an investor named Sean trained like One-Punch Man for thirty days and got in terrific shape. Now, in 2021, another dude has trained like the character for a whole year.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
i mean...he's pretty skinny at the end. very little muscle. probably better than at the start, but not really seeing what's so impressive, tbh.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I'm very jealous of the people that could do this kind of stuff since the start of the pandemic, on the other hand I'm glad I could WFH even though I feel like I'm not doing anything but working since last year.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
i mean...he's pretty skinny at the end. very little muscle. probably better than at the start, but not really seeing what's so impressive, tbh.
I would agree, but remember modern muscle standards are very warped. Tons of steroid use. Especially in Youtube, Hollywood, Fitness Industry.

Dense muscle is incredibly hard to build. You basically need to overfeed and train consistently for years and years.

This not bad for calisthenics without much progression.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
The running did it. That's a lot of running each day. So mostly just fat loss.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
I still think it's very impressive. I got a similar kind of body to him, so I'll never look like a huge buff dude like in the movies, but training for many years has made me stronger although I still look like a small skinny dude when I wear normal clothes. Good job I say :)

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
by the replies in here you'd think everyone on era was a pro athlete lmfao

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
I would agree, but remember modern muscle standards are very warped. Tons of steroid use. Especially in Youtube, Hollywood, Fitness Industry.

Dense muscle is incredibly hard to build. You basically need to overfeed and train consistently for years and years.

This not bad for calisthenics without much progression.

well yeah, but we're not talking bodybuilder level physique right? saitama is pretty muscular even if he's not huge, and something like that probably could be done in a year or so, i think.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
in average, how many hours of running does it take to run 10km?
Just from googling. Not a runner myself:

A noncompetitive, relatively in-shape runner usually completes one mile in about 9 to 10 minutes, on average. If you're new to running, you might run one mile in closer to 12 to 15 minutes as you build up endurance. Elite marathon runners average a mile in around 4 to 5 minutes.

So he was running for an hour at the beginning at least. But he would adapt quickly and get faster as he ran more.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Push-ups, sit-ups, and squats work very specific body areas and would add tone, not bulk, when done at body weight only.

10 km every day with no rest days can't be good for your knees I imagine, especially if you're starting from zero. Dude might be a walking stress fracture at this point.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Push-ups, sit-ups, and squats work very specific body areas and would add tone, not bulk, when done at body weight only.

10 km every day with no rest days can't be good for your knees I imagine, especially if you're starting from zero. Dude might be a walking stress fracture at this point.
He's young too. That helps a lot. If he was in 40s, it would be very unwise lol.

Although many ultra-marathoners do way more miles per day and some are way past 40.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
hold up guys. i don't think i'm being unreasonable with what i was expecting. y'all think i'm saying he should be schwarzenegger when i was more expecting him to be like this:

el-club-de-la-lucha-2-1583853059-696x463.jpg

May 15, 2018
Denmark
Most people will injure themselves very quickly following this training plan - particularly by the running.
Exercise every day on the other hand is probably what everyone should try to emulate.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
hold up guys. i don't think i'm being unreasonable with what i was expecting. y'all think i'm saying he should be schwarzenegger when i was more expecting him to be like this:

el-club-de-la-lucha-2-1583853059-696x463.jpg
Um, Brad Pitt was training for years by this point, probably a good two decades or more--since a teen I'm guessing.

The guy in the OP in a rank novice.

Also, Brad Pitt was nearly fainting at this weight. It was a rough time. Don't let Hollywood bullshit fool you.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
He's young too. That helps a lot. If he was in 40s, it would be very unwise lol.

Although many ultra-marathoners do way more miles per day and some are way past 40.
It 100% did damage to his knees and ankles unless he lost the weight before starting to run judging by the thumbnail.

People who put overweight people on treadmills/tell them to run without losing weight by dieting and doing other exercise first are meanace.

Also dude is turned out pretty well but it's nice lean muscle, he ain't buff.

Oct 27, 2017
The running part was always the most difficult part. I don't think I could run 10km a day with no rest days for a prolonged period of time, unless it was running/walking

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
but he was more buff before and now he is just super slim or am I missing something?

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Um, Brad Pitt was training for years by this point, probably a good two decades or more--since a teen I'm guessing.

The guy in the OP in a rank novice.

Also, Brad Pitt was nearly fainting at this weight. It was a rough time. Don't let Hollywood bullshit fool you.

forgive me if i'm being naive but you're telling me that even that physique is something that you need to train for years for?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Stupid to use the word buff as that's just such a loaded term and differs from person to person. I suppose they wouldn't get the same clicks if it said 'man runs 10k every day for a year and loses weight' though!

Oct 30, 2017
talk about unreasonable body expectations. this thread is full of'em

the dude dropped a ton of weight and got nearly every muscle group in his body into shape. nothing but respect. hollywood has fucked with some of y'alls heads. fucking lol at the brad pitt comparison.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
I'm assuming the 100 sit ups etc. Was achieved by doing reps through the day, I feel like I could do that but running 10k? No way.

Zephyr

Nov 9, 2017
Spain
forgive me if i'm being naive but you're telling me that even that physique is something that you need to train for years for?
Yes, that physique requires hard training and a pretty decent diet. Not unattainable by any means, but you won't get it overnight.

talk about unreasonable body expectations. this thread is full of'em

the dude dropped a ton of weight and got nearly every muscle group in his body into shape. nothing but respect. hollywood has fucked with some of y'alls heads. fucking lol at the brad pitt comparison.
I mean, he is in very decent shape now, but nowhere near "buff".

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Depends on your starting point. The hardest part is oftentimes getting your body fat % that low.
But that Brad Pitt physique is easy to achieve if you know what you're doing. Minimum 6 months to a year tho.