OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
How do you go from 0 to 100 situps and 6 mile runs without damaging your spine and knees? Doesn't it take years to get the form to do those exercises safely?
That's not a lot of volume, though.

Herschel Walker did thousands per day apparently.

Divorced Dad

Banned
Feb 16, 2021
Some people in this thread have warped ideas of what in shape vs out of shape is. Remember, if you attend the gym on a regular basis you are the exception, not the rule as is everyone in there with you. Most people can't run a mile, do 10 pushups, etc. The fact that this guy did it everyday makes him in better shape than 98% of the population

Divorced Dad

Banned
Feb 16, 2021
How do you go from 0 to 100 situps and 6 mile runs without damaging your spine and knees? Doesn't it take years to get the form to do those exercises safely?

EDIT: Well, I don't know if there is any "proper" form for situps...

The human body can take a ton of damage especially when you are young. Hell, I have friends my age (45) who just started working out and jog 5K 3-5 days a week

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
that was a wierd video... props to the guy though
yeah as I watched the video I was interested in more the journey and less the reveal. But I guess they probably have more videos about that. More lean and a bit cut but definitely not what I would identify as buff. Great progress overall but I still wouldn't do it daily due to the chances of injury. Happy for him.

Last edited:

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I would be gassed just from a fraction of that distance of running, not gonna lie. I hate running. I hate moving...

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not a good idea to go from zero push-ups a day to 100 push-ups a day. Don't try this at home. Start exercising very slowly to avoid injury.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Indeed, but I guess the meaning of "buff" I had in my head was a bit different than this. Either way a good job on losing so much weight, I wish I could do the same.

Oh yeah, you're right. The term buff is not correctly applied here because a lot of people equals buff with "visible abs/ defined muscles" but shredding all that fat clearly represents a lot effort on that dude's part.

10/10 for him.

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Judging by some of the replies, the majority of Era posters will never be as healthy as this guy due to the overwhelming amount of salt in their diets.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Running 10k a day is a lot and is super impressive. I could not do that. He looks like I imagined he would at the end, skinny.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
At no point in my life could I have ran that many miles every day, and I was a pretty good athlete in HS, lol. Props to him. Some of the replies...🥴

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
All he needs is to add pull ups to his regimen, will make his upper body look better with the lats.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean I took off 50 lbs through diet control and walking a mile every morning.... still need to do more to get into proper shape though, and I'm working on finding the right long term diet(as in regular eating routine not a temporary mixup) for me.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
i mean...he's pretty skinny at the end. very little muscle. probably better than at the start, but not really seeing what's so impressive, tbh.
The fuck are you talking about? The dude looks great. I swear some of you talk like getting in shape means having a Peter Parker pre-bite to post-bite transformation. The human body should be strong and functional. Guys don't have to look like fucking marvel heroes to qualify as healthy or strong.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
6 miles every day is nuts! That's hard work. Good on the dude.

I should do this, except the run 6 miles part due to my metabolism (struggle to break weigh more than 140 lbs, nearly 6 feet tall). Maybe two miles haha

Last edited:

Deleted member 93805

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 16, 2021
Bay Area, CA
The amount of people here downplaying the guy's accomplishment is disappointing. It's harmful to automatically view celebrities and rich people as what's "normal" or the standard for weight loss and/or muscle gain.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to him! I love running, but 10km a day would be out of the question for me.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
6 miles every day is nuts! That's hard work. Good on the dude.

I should do this, except the run 6 miles part due to my metabolism (struggle to break 140 lbs, nearly 6 feet tall). Maybe two miles haha
I'm 6' and can't seem to break 217 with just dietary intake control. I'm a stocky build though. But that may be my hover point even if I managed the balance for weight gain. I suck at running though, would probably have to bike personally

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I did this minus the running for 2 months. Didn't know it was based on one punch man. Gets easier the more you stick with it but for most people you gotta slowly increase your reps because your body isn't used to such high loads constantly

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Saying he is not buff is not downplaying anything, he is very lean though, this workout just doesn't lend very well to muscle growth long term, because there's no progression, somewhere through the training he simply was not putting enough strain on the muscles to make them grow anymore, especially considering he was losing weight, so he was actually needing less strenght to do the exercices. But it's pretty good for fat loss, especially because of running 10km every day.

Saying this is not taking anything away from the accomplishmentm, he still had the willpower to do it all every day, and that is something very worthy of praise.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Exercise every day and get results, yes. Good on him that he did that.

Motivation and consistency is often the bigger problem when it comes to health, not the specificity of routine, unless your routine is particularly poor or unhealthy. The Saitama one isn't easy, and it's nice that he got results.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Some of Era showing it's ass on fitness yet again. He looks amazing, no doubt way healthier. Big beefy Marvel muscle in 12 months is not realistic naturally for the vast majority of working people.

Oct 27, 2017
That's not a lot of volume, though.

Herschel Walker did thousands per day apparently.
6 miles of running a day from none is an insane volume

The human body can take a ton of damage especially when you are young. Hell, I have friends my age (45) who just started working out and jog 5K 3-5 days a week
5k x 3-5 days a week is far from 10k x 7 days a week. 25k vs 70k. An additional 26 miles

Oct 27, 2017
I started doing it last year, tho usually did 3 miles a day not 5+.

It gets easier as you continue to do it and now I do 100 push ups and sit-ups a day for the most part.

I've moved into more weight lifting because while this will be great and get you toned and lose weight (with dieting) it does have a lower ceiling. Great workout to get started with tho, I'd suggest adding pull ups/chin ups to make it even better.

The push-ups part does help with strength training because you're pushing 64% of your body weight each time, so that gives you a decent starting point for weights if you haven't done a lot like I hadn't

Congrats to him and I highly recommend the workout for anyone interested. It's a great and accessible starting point if you haven't worked out much recently

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 6' and can't seem to break 217 with just dietary intake control. I'm a stocky build though. But that may be my hover point even if I managed the balance for weight gain. I suck at running though, would probably have to bike personally

I imagine cycling would be healthier for the knees, but I imagine it takes a bit longer to get the benefits? I wish the roads in my town were good enough for cycling, but they've got sharp teeth everywhere like glass and a million other happy-go-tire-poppy objects. Running will probably be the option for myself.

I also flubbed my original words. I fixed my post as I meant to say "weigh more than 140". "Breaking" can be taken both ways I have immediately learned. My metabolism is wack and my diet is getting better although it is also quite wack. I'm stuck as a 5'11" twig around 135 lbs.

Oct 27, 2017
Was talking about the pushups and bodyweight stuff.

You can even split the bodyweight exercise--AM and PM. Much more reasonable.
Ok yeah. I agree the bodyweight stuff isn't too bad as you can split it across the day, but the mileage is something I know I couldn't do without ramping up and I can currently run 5k every few days without too much soreness (as someone who hasn't run in some time)

I was under impression that diet is more important than exercise if you want to lose weight
It is...unless you're doing insane exercise like running 70k a week. IIRC a 3500 calorie deficit is 1lb of weight loss (roughly)

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Here I was proud of the 35 pounds I lost during the course of the pandemic. I need to step it up it seems. Need another 35 lost and I'll be at my goal (healthy) weight.

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
Man, I wish I could do 6 miles WALKING as part of my day to day. My last trip to Japan I averaged 10 miles per day walking doing my trip stuff and that was with very little sightseeing.
If I tried walking or biking to work, I'd be hit by a car by the third month. But, you know what, I'll try walking any distance around neighborhood after lunch today.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Here I was proud of the 35 pounds I lost during the course of the pandemic. I need to step it up it seems. Need another 35 lost and I'll be at my goal (healthy) weight.
That's a big weight loss. Be proud and don't compare yourself to crazy dudes like the subject of the topic lol.

Dec 31, 2017
Seems like a good workout for general fitness. Keeping it up every day for a whole year is tough though, props to him.

In before the weight lifters come in to say how he lost muscle and that's not an efficient way to gain muscle (lol seems like it already happened).

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
So what if you do like, half that?
Lol i was thinking "I do half that and I get half results." I waver between eating right and eating junk though.

I got down to 170 in November and looked pretty athletic and lean, but that was after eating right since August. I'm 6' and have never looked as bad as the before picture of that dude even at 195lbs so he must be short or he was all fat or both to look that flabby at 182.