bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
He looks great. Not sure what people are on about. The body standards are all out of whack.
He has abs.

I would agree that he doesn't look like a body builder but in my experience if your abs look good in general you are going to look pretty good when you talk off your shirt.

He is obviously in excellent shape too which is really all that matters. There are some guys that look like tubs or are skinny as rails but they can still be strong or athletic.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I could do the cardio at this level; no room for a bike or anything like that in my spot, and not gonna get back in the gym for a while longer. I'm dropping weight with diet, and doing whatever cardio/training I can get every day in my apartment or outside locally (Ring Fit, Fitness Boxing, pushups, resistance band curls, jumping jacks, squats, long brisk walks, etc).

Shout out to this guy for putting in that work; hope I can get there too, lol.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
That's been my daily workout since 2006? Minus the daily 6 mile run. My knees could just not take that much running. I run a full 10K in one go per week and I walk 2 miles per day.

Results are accurate. I dropped 50 lbs without changing my diet and have kept it off for 15ish years now.

My knees could just not take that much running.

Oct 30, 2017
I really admire this dude committing to that sort of cardio. I absolutely can't stand cardio. My wife and I go on 1 mile or 1 1/2 mile walks as often as we can and that's about as much cardio as I enjoy. I hate the feeling of being out of breath, of too much air up my nose, feeling like I have to constantly spit because my body is so confused. A couple of years ago I tried couch to 5k. Literally first day of running I got runner's knee and was in a brace for like 2 weeks. Ortho couldn't help me out and it wasn't until I stretched one evening while at home and heard and felt my leg pop. Next day I could bear full weight.

Oct 27, 2017
I really admire this dude committing to that sort of cardio. I absolutely can't stand cardio. My wife and I go on 1 mile or 1 1/2 mile walks as often as we can and that's about as much cardio as I enjoy. I hate the feeling of being out of breath, of too much air up my nose, feeling like I have to constantly spit because my body is so confused. A couple of years ago I tried couch to 5k. Literally first day of running I got runner's knee and was in a brace for like 2 weeks. Ortho couldn't help me out and it wasn't until I stretched one evening while at home and heard and felt my leg pop. Next day I could bear full weight.

Are you sure you shouldn't see a doctor or something 😅

My knees could just not take that much running.
Honestly the other parts of the workout are whatever, but the running is easily the most impressive part

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, running 10k every day ain't no joke. I once ran 10k as part of an audition process (don't ask, long story), and I was in my best shape when I did it, it took me 48 minutes and when I stoped my legs started shaking like a wet dog, I was sore for a week, can't fathom doing that every day lol Buff or not, loosing that much weight requires a lot of commitment and it's so wholesome to see how his SO kept pushing through together with him.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Not buff, but good on him for losing all that weight and sticking to a routine. You won't catch me running 6 miles a day. I run a 5k pretty comfortably a couple times a week when I'm cutting and that's good enough for me.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was under impression that diet is more important than exercise if you want to lose weight
I got a stroke, got diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol in the hospital, after 10 days in the hospital I radically changed my diet just so I can continue to live and improve my health and I lost 60lbs in 2 months sitting on my ass the whole time

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
10km per day needs some real motivation.

No. You mean discipline. Motivation floats away and everyone has a different motivation tank when they start waking up. This is discipline which is why it worked. Dude surely never was motivated to do it for the first 150-200 days and only started using some motivation when he saw the amazing results. And yeah he is skinny, but he looks more like the type women prefer over there so it's fine - can't get jacked without lifting too.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Kudos to that dude. Since the pandemic, I force myself to play Ring Fit every day and go out with my bike. I think it works pretty well but I just can't get to commit to running and eating better.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Gratz on him, that's impressive.

Man, I gotta start running again. I've gained quite a bit of weight...

I already look forward to the first 3-4km run where I'll have sore legs for nearly an entire week and then it already gets that much better by run #2 and #3. One absolutely can work up to running 10km each day, though that obviously takes a while. One shouldn't ever run with even moderately sore legs still, as that just means you're hurting your healing and muscle-building process.

I wouldn't ever personally run that much, as I'm rather about getting and staying in a good shape by running every 2nd to 4th day, instead of spending large amounts of time on running and washing my sportswear 😅 Even if I were to greatly enjoy every run and would like to do it every day just out of fun, I'd still worry too much about my joints.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's great that it gets results, but it's probably best not to consider this a comprehensive or well-advised workout routine. The whole joke from the manga is that it sounds like a kid's idea of a workout routine. Saitama doesn't know anything about training and clearly just pulled the whole thing out of his ass.

Someone more knowledgeable about these things could maybe add a couple of footnotes to the routine to lower the chance of injury for anyone else who wants to try it.

i wonder if this works without the running part
the 100 stuff had to be one after the other?
The other stuff probably builds a lot of muscle at least. I doubt it does that much for losing weight though.

100 squats sounds pretty hard.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
So what if you do like, half that?
3 miles a day is really good cardio and 50 reps of pretty well-rounded anaerobic exercises would still be extremely good for you. You may not get ridiculously toned, but paired with a decent diet and calorie deficit (the usual eating habits expected with intense exercise), you'd lose weight reasonably fast.
100 squats sounds pretty hard.
If they're goblet squats, sure. Unweighted, squats are by far the easiest of the three exercises.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It's too bad this sort of exercise is only possible for people who are overweight as opposed to underweight. If I were to do this routine with my usual diet, I would basically die.

EXMaster

Oct 28, 2017
Lol i was thinking "I do half that and I get half results." I waver between eating right and eating junk though.

I got down to 170 in November and looked pretty athletic and lean, but that was after eating right since August. I'm 6' and have never looked as bad as the before picture of that dude even at 195lbs so he must be short or he was all fat or both to look that flabby at 182.

Yeah, I weigh about the same as he does in his before pic, and only slightly taller at 5'7 1/2", and I have a very similar body shape with the extra flab. Not quite obese, but definitely overweight. I think when are shorter, you have a lower weight threshold before it starts to show on you (male-wise, at least).

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Mad props to the dude. I started running recently and I'm only doing 3-5km each day with 2 rest days a week. Amazed he never got hurt doing this.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
i can easily do 6-7 miles a day but my work takes up too much time, though changes to my diet are doing some of the work.

good for this guy

Nov 14, 2017
The fuck are you talking about? The dude looks great. I swear some of you talk like getting in shape means having a Peter Parker pre-bite to post-bite transformation. The human body should be strong and functional. Guys don't have to look like fucking marvel heroes to qualify as healthy or strong.
Not commenting on this person in particular, but it's uncontroversial to point out that there are benefits of heavy resistance training that a high-rep/endurance focused routine like this one won't provide. Being able to do reps with a weight equal to your bodyweight/multiples thereof on the big lifts is something that's relatively attainable for most, especially people who have been able to train and progress consistently on other routines.

People should stop with the "one punch man routine". It's pretty much one of the worst workouts you can do.
It's impressive that he stuck with it but he should go for a more balanced and healthy training.
I don't know that it's the worst, but yeah certainly far from optimal, in terms of progress, benefits and drawbacks. Push-ups, unweighted squats and running are all fine (sit-ups are a bit more iffy), but even keeping it simple and sticking to calisthenics + cardio you could have a much better routine by adjusting the structure and adding a few complementary exercises/variations.

Macnair

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Good for him and his health. I want to start something similar and change the 10k per day to like maybe 1 hour of run and walk.

Man I wish I'm young again. Losing weight on late 30s is a pain to do.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
One of us has the wrong definition of the word buff.
But dictionary deficiencies aside, good on that guy. Goes to show how a little will power, determination and hard work can pay off.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good for him and his health. I want to start something similar and change the 10k per day to like maybe 1 hour of run and walk.

Man I wish I'm young again. Losing weight on late 30s is a pain to do.
I'm in my mid 40's and lost 60 lbs in 2 months and walk around my neighborhood for 1 hour every day for exercise. As somebody who was active and in decent shape in my teens, 20's and 30's; I can safely say at 45 this is the most efficient my body have ever ran.