VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It's also good to remember all we see is the Easy Allies side of these people and we don't really know them. Yeah sometimes they talk about personal stuff too but it's not like they really open up to the public about their private life (and no one should honestly). They are here to entertain and will make sure they separate private life from public life in an appropriate way.
Very true. We only the part of them they want to outwardly project.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Thanks for the replies. I honestly appreciate it. I just worry about the allies. I've been a supporter and patron from day 1. I want them to succeed. You both are right. I'll lay off. I've only expressed my worry for the first time here. I just hope they would do better at reciprocating on social media to help further their brand. IDK. Feel free to review my tweets, I'm @cullenlea. My last was to Huber and Brittany about how much I enjoyed the RE conversation and how they should check out the flick "Crawl" if they haven't already, because the main character is now playing Claire Redfield, and it's almost as if the "Crawl" role was the screen test for Claire.

It's all just weird. I do sound entitled. I love you all and I love EA.

I do get it. It's a really weird thing this kind of parasocial relationship, even more so with the pandemic I'd say.

I remember once getting my mind stuck with someone that was ghosting me after 3 dates... Took me a friend to just tell me, "she owes you nothing" and he was right I was very much inside my own head

I guess they could be better with social media and other engagement forms but I definitely don't want them to feel forced

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
EZA owes y'all nothing in terms of social media engagement. You're not entitled to it. And expecting them to answer every single tweet or comment is frankly unrealistic.
I see it as a nice bonus if I get a reply from any of them.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Was catching up with the past few podcasts and damn, I love when L&R brings out stories out of the allies like when Ian worked on editing for a stock broker who said they can use Bon Jovi songs in their videos without paying royalties because he was "a friend of the family".

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
I remembered once that I posted in twitter to the Easy Allies a photo at Copacabana beach walking with my girlfriend. The detail: we are both wearing Easy Allies shirts. However I was ignored by them. haha

I admit that I felt frustration for like 2 days, a little sad, because I was soooo "dumb happy" with the new shirts, and ""they didn't even care"".

But later I understood, I realized that they have a lot of fans, patreons, and unlike Kyle who only did some streaming and "leading" podcast, they have a lot of work to do.

It happens.

Ian and Huber are the best on twitter.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So catching up on Friend Code, Huber back in the 2021 prediction did it again. "It's time for tmnt to come back" and even brought up Domemu.

Unstoppable

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
So catching up on Friend Code, Huber back in the 2021 prediction did it again. "It's time for tmnt to come back" and even brought up Domemu.

Unstoppable
Oh man, I hope all the characters that got mentioned in the Podcast have chance now that Huber's magic is on the case. Damn it I should have mentioned how I want a boss fight with 80's cartoon versions of Mr. Touch and Mr. Go.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
EZA owes y'all nothing in terms of social media engagement. You're not entitled to it. And expecting them to answer every single tweet or comment is frankly unrealistic.
I see it as a nice bonus if I get a reply from any of them.

I saw Jones at a grocery store in Los Angeles once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?" I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
I saw Jones at a grocery store in Los Angeles once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?" I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Wow crazy
Haven't seen that one in years.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh

Not gonna lie, I laughed my ass off.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017

lmao I was like wait.. This seem very familiar.

Should've been Skittles or candy corn instead.

Oct 25, 2017

I see these so infrequently that I get fooled by them every time. It's usually by the "huh?" part that I'm like "oh yeah, this thing." Still great. Thanks for the laugh.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny to me how, a year ago, we would have been like, "huh? THIS is supposed to be Huber?"

IqjU0x.png

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm just feeling extra sensitive because of the Atlanta shootings, but not gonna lie, not sure I need a shirt with a bunch of white dudes beating up Asian people...obviously there's no ill intent from the Allies but yeah, not really vibing with it...

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe I'm just feeling extra sensitive because of the Atlanta shootings, but not gonna lie, not sure I need a shirt with a bunch of white dudes beating up Asian people...obviously there's no ill intent from the Allies but yeah, not really vibing with it...

I want to tread carefully around this as I don't want to upset any more than you already are. I'm a white guy with plenty of privilege. I don't see ninja and assume they're asian people. My first exposure to ninja were through Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, and the Foot Clan in TMNT, both of which are made up of many races of people, with no single dominance.

I wouldnt be surprised if EZA felt the same. Maybe that's short sightedness on our behalf, I'm not sure.

Maybe it would be worth delaying the release of the shirt out of respect.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to tread carefully around this as I don't want to upset any more than you already are. I'm a white guy with plenty of privilege. I don't see ninja and assume they're asian people. My first exposure to ninja were through Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, and the Foot Clan in TMNT, both of which are made up of many races of people, with no single dominance.

I wouldnt be surprised if EZA felt the same. Maybe that's short sightedness on our behalf, I'm not sure.

Maybe it would be worth delaying the release of the shirt out of respect.

I guess from my perspective, the ninja we see in pop culture were based on Japanese folklore and legend, and so I typically view them as Japanese unless explicitly shown otherwise. But yes, it's technically an "occupation" and not a race so they don't HAVE to be Japanese. It's just too often, they are faceless mooks made to be destroyed by the typically white heroes...it just feeds into the pervasive notion that Asians are made to be "invisible" or exist solely in the background.

I don't want to speak for any other Asians on this board so I don't necessarily think they should cancel or delay the shirt...it's more that I personally just don't want to buy/support it. At least, not with how I'm feeling right now...

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I guess from my perspective, the ninja we see in pop culture were based on Japanese folklore and legend, and so I typically view them as Japanese unless explicitly shown otherwise. But yes, it's technically an "occupation" and not a race so they don't HAVE to be Japanese. It's just too often, they are faceless mooks made to be destroyed by the typically white heroes...it just feeds into the pervasive notion that Asians are made to be "invisible" or exist solely in the background.

I don't want to speak for any other Asians on this board so I don't necessarily think they should cancel or delay the shirt...it's more that I personally just don't want to buy/support it. At least, not with how I'm feeling right now...

Thank you for that explanation. I learned something from it. I really hope that the event however tragic can shine a light on the racism issues that the asian community face, and something better comes of it.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Wow easy allies patreon monthly money dropped in half to what it was when it was 50k

Not been following since the pandemic started what happend?

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Wow easy allies patreon monthly money dropped in half to what it was when it was 50k

Not been following since the pandemic started what happend?

Definitely not half, it's currently just under $35k. But I think it's mostly a combination of the pandemic and Kyle leaving. They're doing a big fundraising thing for the 5th anniversary next week, and hopefully at some point this year they can safely be back in the studio and the number starts trending up. Not that those are necessarily correlated.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely not half, it's currently just under $35k. But I think it's mostly a combination of the pandemic and Kyle leaving. They're doing a big fundraising thing for the 5th anniversary next week, and hopefully at some point this year they can safely be back in the studio and the number starts trending up. Not that those are necessarily correlated.
it has been dropping for quite a while even before kyle left and the pandemic happened but those two things for sure made it worse.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
We knew the patreon would go down when they replaced sponsor tiers with the shout out tiers + funding from the RT podcast company whatever it was called. Same with replacing funding incentives with "we just wanna make the shows we wanna make". Mix in the pandemic (people losing jobs) and Kyle leaving (people losing interest without Kyle) and it was kind of a perfect storm.

The real question imo is what level does the Patreon have to fall to before the Allies can't continue to work full time on EZA and have to pick up part time work. That's when the real panic will set in.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I think Ian has some side hustles like the card game he made on KS, but to my knowledge he's eza's full time editor.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Huber's hype level going from 10 to 1 during the Hitman Sniper Assassins reveal was something to witness. Poor guy.

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every new piece of Stadia news just makes me remember Kyle shouting out "Stadia sucks" all that time ago.