• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
Brilliant podcast this week, really fun. Huber is ANIMATED. Really good energy throughout.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Really hope Fall Guys wins Stream Team vote this week. The games changed so much for the better and Season 4 looks awesome!

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope Fall Guys wins Stream Team vote this week. The games changed so much for the better and Season 4 looks awesome!

Would be great for them to try Squad Mode...it doesn't eliminate the team as long as one person qualifies. And everyone gets a crown if you win!

Edit: wait, there's no way this is the case haha. I need to rewatch that IGN video, but yes, I hope it wins the vote as well.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the Easy Update by Ian and Huber playing Mundaun:

Just as some additional information, it's made by a single guy, which is pretty impressive in my view.

Also, for anyone wondering what that weird language is the characters are speaking -- it's Romansh, the fourth (and smallest, by far) language of Switzerland, spoken in some parts of the Swiss canton (state) Graubünden.

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the last episode of The Gen That Was. That was really well done series and I can't wait to see what Ben comes up with next. One of my favorite EZA content ever. Two thumbs up.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, I've really lucked out because my time off has lined up with EZX, so I should be able to watch all group streams life for a change :)

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Was about to come in here asking if there's been any word of the next Hall of Greats, but I see it's on the schedule this week. Huzzah!

midori ☾

Feb 4, 2021
haven't posted in here before but I'm so excited for EZX week!

12k for Monster Hunter movie audio commentary... I really hope they reach that milestone! x)

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The Fundraising Bonus Incentives are good shit. $6,000 to get Ben to spend money on Genshin Impact and then a MONSTER HUNTER MOVIE AUDIO COMMENTARY isn't far behind.

Plus two Holy Grails of video game movie Spoiler Modes: Super Mario Bros. and Street Fighter: The Movie!

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
For the benefit of those not able to watch the stream:

ezxfundraisingbonusin40kxt.jpg

GIMME THAT VIDEO GAME CRITICS IN CARS ORDERING DRIVE-THROUGHS FOOD REVIEW AND OPEN THE FORBIDDEN DOOR.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Is there a schedule that includes the bonus streams yet?

None of the stuff - except for the Forbidden Easy Update - is produced yet. Don't expect them during EZX Digital week.

They're going through a bunch of shows not linked to fundraising, some of which are already in the can and will be released sooner, but I'll wait for the Patreon update before I try to sum it up and bungle the whole line-up.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
None of the stuff - except for the Forbidden Easy Update - is produced yet.

They're going through a bunch of shows not linked to fundraising, some of which are already in the can and will be released sooner, but I'll wait for the Patreon update before I try to sum it up and bungle the whole line-up.

No, I was asking about the Twitch schedule with the games they're streaming this week.

The Patreon schedule is missing them.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Ah, got you. Sorry, no, I don't see anything new on the Twitch schedule.

Here we go. They added to the Patreon:

Mon Mar 22
12:00 PM - Kickoff - Mario Kart 8
1:00 PM - Magic: Legends
3:00 PM - Resident Evil Outbreak
5:00 PM - League of Legends
6:00 PM - Chess

Tue Mar 23
8:00 AM - New Merch Available!
10:00 AM - Achieve it Yourself!
2:00 PM - Stream Team
4:00 PM - Vermintide II
6:00 PM - Hall of Greats

Wed Mar 24
10:00 AM - Mindful Games
11:00 AM - Mindful Games Stream
12:00 PM - Friend Code
1:00 PM - Diablo III - Mike & Mike
6:00 PM - Brandon Plays Dragon's Dogma
(with commentary from Ben and Ian)

Thurs Mar 25
10:00 AM - Huber Syndrome
11:00 AM - Fast & Loose
12:00 PM - Path of Exile - Ben, Huber, Brad
8:00 PM - Ian and Don Mario Maker 2 Race (if we reach the goal)

Fri Mar 26
Easy Allies Podcast Early Access
Preview - New Game from Drinkbox
10:00 AM - The Gen That Was - 2020
12:00 PM - Monster Hunter Rise - Ben, Ian, Brad
4:00 PM - It Takes Two - Brandon, Blood
7:00 PM - Tiermaker Finale

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Here we go. They added to the Patreon:

Just got the alert. Post contains information about the new shows, too: Achieve It Yourself Season 3 rolling out this week, Mini-Game Champions after AIY season finale, premiere of Brandon Jones' Mindful Games on the 24th with follow-up meditation live on Twitch, the first official TGTW spin-off Trash Babies *Insert Ben giggle* and Blood's monthly Soundtrack Club featuring guest allies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
www.resetera.com

Easy Allies 5th Anniversary: EZX '21 - a week-long celebration with streams and new shows

Twitch YouTube Patreon https://www.patreon.com/posts/welcome-to-ezx-49049253 The full streaming schedule (times in PST): Mon Mar 22 12:00 PM - Kickoff - Mario Kart 8 (Twitch) 1:00 PM - Magic: Legends (Twitch) 3:00 PM - Resident Evil Outbreak (Twitch) 5:00 PM - League of Legends (Twitch) 6:00...

Made an OT for it to give it more visibility since it's a special event.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time imagining they get the $25k, although I would certainly be happy if they do (I donated already). The thing is, there's not like a GOAL that they're aiming towards. People like reaching specific goals that make things better. In Better Stuff Before E3, it was like, if you get to $5k, we are going to have a better camera. If you get to $10k, we're going to have MULTIPLE better cameras. And so on and so forth. It's like, yes, I WILL donate, because we're getting EZA some stuff that will be mutually beneficial. Because of this, fundraising was incredible. They had like $15k within 2.5 hours.

Right now, it's "help us with 'operating expenses'." But that's kind of a nebulous phrase. What is the money going towards? We don't know exactly, except to help soundproof the streaming room. How much is needed for soundproofing the room?

It's not like I think they won't be using it for the right purposes; I just don't feel any excitement towards the fundraiser. They need money? Okay, how much exactly will get to what point exactly? I think, personally, they should have done one day of a Patreon drive (the goal of which is simple - more patrons help them operate more easily), another day being a Twitch drive, and one day of Fundraising donations for the soundproofing, with a roughly calculated goal in mind. More money raised would lead to some equipment upgrades, like maybe nicer home cameras for allies for whenever they stream from home.

Anyway, enough concern. Really enjoying this stream and looking forward to the rest of this week. There aren't any games in the lineup that I'm looking forward to watching (I'm very particular about game streams and usually don't enjoy them unless they're platformers or games I've played and loved), but I'm very excited for the Chess tournament, Achieve it Yourself, Fast and Loose, Hall of Greats, and the Tiermaker stream.

Tight Shoe

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
that entire "better stuff for E3" stream bugged me because their entire existence is a fundraiser. they call themselves " a patreon", not a youtube channel or anything other than an entity that is crowdfunded.

with that said, i'm glad theyre still going. 5 years is incredible. i'll gladly, depending on who's on, check out the podcast each week. i hopped back on the patreon for a buck last month. i just don't know if it's sustainable.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I am so happy they've been around for five years. I think finding the Allies almost single-handedly rejuvenated my excitement for gaming and propelled me to try different types of games and genres.

I hope they can find some stable footing in 2021. They deserve a much wider audience, and truly are the best in the biz. Fingers crossed that this fundraiser is a nice boost for them and we can get them back in the studio soon!

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
that entire "better stuff for E3" stream bugged me because their entire existence is a fundraiser. they call themselves " a patreon", not a youtube channel or anything other than an entity that is crowdfunded.

Not to derail the thread, but I don't understand. It bothered you that a group that solely exists through fundraising was trying to raise funds for extra expenses?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time imagining they get the $25k, although I would certainly be happy if they do (I donated already). The thing is, there's not like a GOAL that they're aiming towards. People like reaching specific goals that make things better. In Better Stuff Before E3, it was like, if you get to $5k, we are going to have a better camera. If you get to $10k, we're going to have MULTIPLE better cameras. And so on and so forth. It's like, yes, I WILL donate, because we're getting EZA some stuff that will be mutually beneficial. Because of this, fundraising was incredible. They had like $15k within 2.5 hours.
Yeah that fundraiser was expertly presented and crafted. We knew what we were getting, we all wanted them to get it, and they got it and we saw the results soon after. An awesome time for EZA.

I'm sorry but I'm not excited about these nebulous goals for a fundraiser from a group of people that have done nothing to make me feel excited about their prospects over the last 12 months.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I didn't love that stream, I don't think Outbreak and League were great choices, but holy cow was that Chess tournament entertaining. Jason was incredible and the matches were really close!

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I have no idea what's happening in League at any time, but I thought their excitement, laughter, commentary, etc made it fun. I did think Magic and to a lesser extent Outbreak were a bit of a drag.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
People like reaching specific goals that make things better.
I have to agree with that personally. If I knew for sure, that the money is going into equipment like better webcam/camera, lighting and microphones etc. for everyone to be similar to Ian's quality, I would definitely be more motivated to donate (although some members like Brad, Damiani and Brandon are already pretty close). This might be what the fundraiser is already about, but I guess knowing exactly what is it for rather than speculating is a huge difference. At least for me.

Other than that, I am having fun so far with the stream and I'm looking forward to the upcoming streams.

Tight Shoe

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Not to derail the thread, but I don't understand. It bothered you that a group that solely exists through fundraising was trying to raise funds for extra expenses?
yes, it bothered me that a group whose entire existence, whose entire being, is crowd-funded.... needed to do a crowd-funding event. it's sad. i wish that they, after this amount of time, can work their... whatever they want of call it, into a business that has some type of sustainability without needing to ask

Last edited:

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
yes, it bothered me that a group whose entire existence, whose entire being, is crowd-funded.... needed to do a crowd-funding event. it's sad. i wish that they, after this amount of time, can work their... whatever they want of call it, into a business that has some type of sustainability without needing to ask

...I have no words for this

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
Trying to build a narrative about a crowd-funded group doing crowd-funding events being questionable or sad in any sense, doesn't seem like an easy task. Next story, Kickstarter projects shouldn't be taking donations of people and fund themselves.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I do understand the general "I wish the goals were more long term functional like equipment/full series and less one off streams/videos", but I mean come on. Any long term investment in equipment would be worthless for the next 3ish months until they can actually get back into the studio. Buying equipment to improve wfh probably needed to happen summer 2020, it's a bit late to fundraiser better webcams or what have you when we're almost out of this.

I'd also say doing weird things like the chess stream or making quirky things goals like "ben spends money on gatcha" are the kind of quirky EZA things that people generally seem to love and is totally on-brand for them.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
it's a bit late to fundraiser better webcams or what have you when we're almost out of this.

I don't think that's true. Just because they will (hopefully) eventually get back to the studio, doesn't mean that it's useless to have better equipment at home as well. Even if they start producing the majority of their content from their studio again, they will still be working from home on some things and will surely have some streams here and there or something to record. And why not make those streams on a similar quality compared to the studio streams ? Of course, I'm not expecting the exact same production quality, but at least getting away from the very pixelated facecam that some have, would be a great improvement and would also make the quality shift from working from the studio vs home less jarring.

I do agree that the goals that we currently have, do seem fun, and I'm looking forward to them. But having an overall guideline/idea as well, of what this money is being invested in, like they did in the past, would have been better. In my opinion of course.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Buying equipment to improve wfh probably needed to happen summer 2020, it's a bit late to fundraiser better webcams or what have you when we're almost out of this.
I also don't think we are "almost out of this". I know that for a large part of Europe COVID is on the rise again and they are talking about possible harder lockdown rules again where I'm from, so we are not out of the woods yet. That whole COVID thing will take at least an other year or two in my opinion.

Yes, those vaccines make you less likely to get sick yourself (if you don't die of bloth clots), but you can still spread it around and with how much shortages there is of vaccines, it will likely take an other 1 or 2 years before most people in the world can get vaccinated. And that's not counting all the mutations that it goes through, which might mean that some mutations don't get stopped by the vaccines.

I know people don't want to hear this right now and I know I do have a tendency to be a pessimist. It's also based on what I see happening in the country I live in (Belgium), there might be less shortages elsewhere and I can almost guarantee that our government is botching the way they are vaccinating people since they have botches most of the things since COVID started (eg. they burned millions of facemasks a couple of years ago and they didn't buy new ones before this whole thing started because they didn't want to extend the lease on the storage building) and they usually even botch creating the new government after elections, so yeah. I am most likely influenced by the incompetence of what I see over here.

I still think whatever investment they do in their home offices is worthwhile. however long this COVID thing will take. I do agree that it might have been a good idea to do it earlier (although they did invest in equipment for their home offices before). You never know when a new lockdown, for whatever reason, is in place.

The goals they have are:
Fundraising Goals
$2,000 - Kid Photos - Each ally shows off 1-2 photos at Hall of Greats
$4,000 - Pets Check In Video
$6,000 - Ben Spends Money on Genshin Impact
$8,000 - Ian and Don EZX Mario Maker 2 Race
$10,000 - Ian Synth Stream
$12,000 - Monster Hunter Movie Audio Commentary
$14,000 - Patriot Watch Party on Twitch
$16,000 - Super Mario Bros. The Movie Spoiler Mode
$18,000 - Forbidden Easy Update Released
$20,000 - Street Fighter Movie Spoiler Mode
$22,000 - Easy Allies Favorite Food Reviews
$25,000 - Easy Allies Puppet Spectacular

But I do agree that the better stuff before E3 was an easier sell instead of basically their old Patreon system (which this reminds me of).

But I haven't checked out any of the streams yet because of a lack of time and because I am not really feeling it this time for some reason, so I don't know how they dress it up during the stream. I will most likely check out some of the vods today, I usually watch the intro/beginning and I will for sure watch some of the other things (like HoG and some of the shows, but I am most likely not going to watch a lot of it live). I might watch tiermaker, but that never really did it for me. Too much shouting and I the chances are too high I don't know enough about the things they are ranking anyway.

I might also thrown them a couple of bucks. I still wish the best for them and hopefully that will help even though it's only a little bit.
I do hope this whole things goes well obviously. I am just not feeling it myself for some reason and I actually don't know why. But who knows if that changes during the week after I watched a bit of the vods.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I promise me literally SCREAMING about rooks will make you feel better <3
My dad has been into chess for a long, long time playing via snail mail back in the day (and later via email and online) against people outside of the country as well as in a club. Hell, we went to Eastern Germany when I was 5 years old just before the wall fell (I believe we went there in 1989) and stayed at someone's place that he knew through snail mail chess. I did try it a bit as a kid, but I sucked too much (I believe I played one tournament and got wiped) and never felt the drive to go further with it.

I do think it is a good idea to stream it though, especially since there seems to be somewhat of a chess boom, but I don't know if it is going to be for me. But I might give it a try, I can imagine it being very entertaining because of the commentary, thanks.

Last edited: