Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're severely misunderstanding what's going on here. They had an article with their GOTY pick, then at the bottom of the list there was a poll for readers to say what their pick was. On the same page.

At first Death Stranding wasn't on it, but after people complained they added it (see the linked thread).

And now they removed it from the page because DS was winning.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what is worse. People voting death stranding as a revenge for IGN's score, or the moderator's actions. Both pathetic, so I'm not sure what the OP's agenda is.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like just a forum mod. But that clearly hasn't stopped people here from the usual "FUCK THAT SITE! SO UNPROFESSIONAL!"

Get over yourselves, Gamers.
You're ignoring the fact that they removed the site's poll entirely after Death Stranding was winning. The whole blaming "gamers" idea is silly. There's legitimate reason to be displeased with their approach to this. They're coming across as upset that people are voting for what they didn't want them to vote for.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
hilarious on all sides

the IGN mod for getting that wound up about Death Stranding

the Death Stranding fans getting wound up by an IGN mod and claiming that IGN were trying to rig a fan poll just because they didn't include their favourite

Plum

May 31, 2018
Was the poll even removed because of Death Stranding or was it because the added games made it so that the poll wouldn't accurately reflect people's actual opinions? They added many more games than just Death Stranding (Borderlands 3, Astral Chain, etc) so there's really no way to know why it was taken down.

Literally all we're going on here is a single moderator's dumb hot take and the speculation of a random person on Reddit.

Clearly enough to demonise an entire website and throw the internet mobs against them.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
A mod does not represent the editorial team. You already have a ton of people here lambasting the whole site and staff, conflating this mod and a forum poll with actual reviews and the real GOTY poll by staff lol.
correction, the poll is an official one from IGN, you can tell by the fact that the article was updated when the poll was taken down.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IGN is bigger than most sites by a hefty margin.

Gaming sites shouldn't have Goty polls period. Fanboys are just going to vote on their system of choice. So Sony fanboys are automatically going to vote for Death Stranding, even though they played better games.This is on stupid fanboys, not IGN. Though, IGN shouldn't have made the poll in the first place.
Uhm no, this is on IGN's moderating staff interfering with voting.

Onikage

Feb 21, 2018
- My GOTY.

- I'm shocked with the level of this moderator. (I know we probably can't blame IGN for it)

- I'm shocked for IGN removing the poll. And I know they are "angry" about Death Stranding because I've seen them replying to youtube users when they mock IGN for giving DS a 6.8. They really get touchy. This is ridiculous.

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
The conclusion that the pool was removed because of Death Stranding is based only on a comment a mod made?

That sounds like a stretch to me

the poll was the official vote, not a forum poll.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
?

Maybe I'm missing it but Death Stranding was never a part of their GOTY nominees?

It was in the Player's Choice Poll that has since been removed from the article.

Those are our nominees for the best game of 2019 - what are yours? Vote in our Player's Choice awards below to name your choice!

Poll and text are not there anymore.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Hey listen, I just passed 100 hours with the game yesterday and looking at about 20 more hours before finishing. If I put 120 hours on a game it's either because I love it or it's got Kojima's name on it!

Lol I'm 50 hours deep and only in Chapter 5. Sure, this is a Kojima ass game and the world they built is really weird and wonderful, but man, for my entire playthrough so far, I've just been addicted to the gameplay. I'm sitting at work salivating at the thought of completing the roads to South Knot city and the Mountain Knot.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
It was perfectly fine to not include it on their site if they didn't like it.
But this is pathetic

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Was the poll even removed because of Death Stranding or was it because the added games made it so that the poll wouldn't accurately reflect people's actual opinions? They added many more games than just Death Stranding (Borderlands 3, Astral Chain, etc) so there's really no way to know why it was taken down.

Literally all we're going on here is a single moderator's dumb hot take and the speculation of a random person on Reddit.

Clearly enough to demonise an entire website and throw the internet mobs against them.
Stop being dramatic, this is a community poll and a community team getting in trouble.

This isn't about demonizing anything or throwing internet mobs.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Shouldn't a mod, paid or not, be a representative of the site's views as a part of the staff, even though it's a low rank?
You think you're being clever and this makes a big difference but you're not, and it doesn't.

A mod is still part of the team and represents the website, there's no way around that, and the article/poll wasn't by a mod anyway.
A mod (in this case) most likely just acts as a custodian. They almost certainly have zero insight into the overall goals, messaging, plans of the site as a whole. To categorize them under the same umbrella as an editor is ridiculous.
The mod was dumb for saying that stuff. But lumping that in with "OMG IGN FUCK THEM!!" is absurd Gamer nonsense that I find way, way, way more annoying and frustrating than any goddamn poll.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
zO8332n.png

Can you guys not read or something, it's not on the forums, the poll was in the article, it was removed by staff.
The non-staff moderator mocking people is unrelated to that, it's just extra.
Lmaooooooo

Onikage

Feb 21, 2018
The amount of hate boner IGN has for DS is frankly hilarious. Ever since that review I knew something was up with them.

And that mods argument "If Kojima's name wasnt attached it would be ignored". I VERY much doubt that. If DS was an independent title it likely would have been less scrutinized. It is the fact that it is a Kojima game that it is polarized, on top of the split gameplay feelings

If this was a new game from a brand new developer this would be the gem of the decade.
Actually when Kojima hided his name from a game, people nominated it as one of the greatest horror experiences ever. PT.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Who's mobin here exactly?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This ign poll is serious business, especially when strands are involved

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
The conclusion that the pool was removed because of Death Stranding is based only on a comment a mod made?

That sounds like a stretch to me
Didn't you know? IGN are evil and they have a vendetta against Kojima because they didn't like his game. They don't want him to win and will make sure that is prevented at all cost. Gamers rise up etc

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
That whole user poll was fucked from the start, and then brigading happened which probably made it unusable has an official source. Not surprised it got removed and I wonder why people are so sure it's because DS was winning.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This is some proper unnecessary drama for IGN. I'm not sure why they would care if it wins. Maybe the teams there hated it so much collectively, that they don't want to write an essay or talk about why it won the community vote.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the game is pure garbage but if people wanna vote for it, they should be able to. If IGN doesn't want people to vote for it, why even add it to the list?

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I don't understand. He literally says it is a divisive game. Meaning some will love it and some will hate it.

Winning the GOTY poll with about 20% of the votes lines up exactly with what he said.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
DS was always going to win many GOTY awards because it came out in November, no need to get upset about it, but oh well.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Troll votes for DS were going to happen no matter what. Putting it on the list in the first place was a dumb move.

Status
Not open for further replies.