What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be Wary! Leaks could drop this weekend. Spoiler free link to the Direct.
Jul 20, 2020
Oct 27, 2017
Sussex, England, UK
Let us hope that the extra processing power will be mandated for 4K only, and locked from games for any other purpose, otherwise we could get a similar situation to now where docked can run chopper than handheld resolutions.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
E3m2RqMXoAUZPLL

that's how I remember it
Just need to add a worm light to the port on top.

RevoDave

Banned
Apr 17, 2021
There are people who care more about the "surprise" and "spectacle" factor than the games themselves.

Like, if a game is announced outside of a Direct they get angry.
I understad your point and I agree. But sadly that's tru,. A good marketing, a good hype cycle can make a game sell hundreds of thousands more.

Oct 27, 2017
Sussex, England, UK

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I understad your point and I agree. But sadly that's tru,. A good marketing, a good hype cycle can make a game sell hundreds of thousands more.
I highly doubt that, for example, having announced Paper Mario: The Origami King in the Mario Direct would have made any difference compared to announcing it on Twitter.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man I think I'm staying off the internet besides talking to you fine folks. The leaks are getting strong.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
There weren't any rumours about Triangle Strategy in February either though?(nor Bravely before that reveal, or Trials of Mana remake before that one).

So... Would you expect an out of nowhere Switch announcement at Square presentation that's not a ROM dump collection like SaGa or Mana? An actual new game, or a recent port? Hell, even a PS3 era Square port doesn't sound plausible for me.

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
yo can someone summarize the nintendo e3 leaks so far? I just found out about it and it would take years to go through 474 pages of threads just to find a leak or 2.

There have been no known leaks of the Nintendo Direct itself thus far. And there have not been any legitimate leaks as far as Marketing materials coming out of Nintendo related 3rd party stuff (Besides the Shin Megami Tensei V release date which was done by Sega themselves). But a reliable leaker has posted a not complete list of the Ubisoft conference which has the titles of certain games, including an exclusive title coming to the Switch.

That's all there's been thus far.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Uh yeah I'm sure all that exists although I will admit I'm not up on DLSS or Nvidias tech as a whole. I spend all day thinking about hardware for work so the last thing I want to do is read more about how another company has implemented it or any of that.

I legit just think it exists to upres Switch games to run at 4K since that's the modern TV standard. I don't think they want to burn all their Switch Lite folks by putting out games that can't run on them (I know N3DS had exclusives but I don't think that worked out in Nintendo's favor)... Even Sony and Microsoft made it to where if games were going to come out on PS4Pro/OneX they had to be able to run on PS4 and One and games that require PS4/One level power aren't going to run on a stock Switch.

Again, high chance I'm wrong. That's totally fine.

I mean as I said if things go as speculated we'll learn more this summer. Luckily we'll have games announcements to occupy our minds in the meantime.

Oct 28, 2019
So... Would you expect an out of nowhere Switch announcement at Square presentation that's not a ROM dump collection like SaGa or Mana? An actual new game, or a recent port? Hell, even a PS3 era Square port doesn't sound plausible for me.

Excuse me, I'm super excited to pay 50 dollars for six three-decade-old games I have already played to death countless of times on multiple systems!

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Man that helps. People really need to stop discussing leaks in a Nintendo thread if they aren't Nintendo leaks.
I know you care enough about this to troll and be disingenuous, but beyond putting things behind spoiler tags, nothing's really off the table here in terms of discussion. Especially if at least one Nintendo exclusive is directly involved.

Feel free to mute people or take some time off the thread if it bothers you this much.

RevoDave

Banned
Apr 17, 2021
Right, but that's not what Glio was concerned about - it's annoying when people express their anger about games being announced outside a Direct.
Okay, now I get the point. Totally agree.
I highly doubt that, for example, having announced Paper Mario: The Origami King in the Mario Direct would have made any difference compared to announcing it on Twitter.
It's hard to say because the pandemic was an external factor that changed everything. I think you cannot extrapolate the situation because of that. But in ideal conditions, where we already have directs 3/4 per year, two similar budgets and sales previsions, one announced within a direct and the other outside. Maybe the second seems like Nintendo is treating like a minor way?

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any summaries of SGF for game titles and platforms announced so far? I saw Jurassic World Evolution 2 was announced yesterday and while that might not come to Switch until the revision is out, I'm cautiously excited for it

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah I've read all the leaks and such. I'm sure a Switch Pro exists. I'm more thinking it's more just an OLED Switch with a larger display that can output graphics in 4K since that's the modern standard for televisions.
I was worried that this was the case but at this point, almost everyone who believes it to be real has assured us that it's "far more" than Oled handheld screen with 4k output. I'm frequently hearing/reading DLSS tech and increased processing power.

If those latter two aren't true? Wel
Square has 2 rumored titles, FF Collection and Life is Strange 3
I thought FF Collection was a theory based on the recent iOS app renaming. There was already a rumor though?

applepie

Aug 11, 2020
I mean, Switch Pro may be perfectly capable of running Elden Ring and Bandai Namco does not want to do a port because they think that it is not worth it for the small install base that it will have.
Plus, storage is a big problem I think many developers don't want to deal with. So that must drive away many third party games.

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I must say that after Mario Tennis Aces finally clicking with me recently, I'm quite excited for Mario Golf Super Rush for the Nintendo Switch Family of Systems.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I was worried that this was the case but at this point, almost everyone who believes it to be real has assured us that it's "far more" than Oled handheld screen with 4k output. I'm frequently hearing/reading DLSS tech and increased processing power.

If those latter two aren't true? Wel

I thought FF Collection was a theory based on the recent iOS app renaming. There was already a rumor though?

Yup, from this website.

May 1, 2021

For the love of god, what would it take for Square to polish up and rerelease SMRPG? They can put the minimum amount of effort in and I would still buy it full price day 1.

Seriously, why hasn't this happened? Square and Nintendo have been friends again for a long time yet all we get is SMRPG on Virtual Console.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
There are so many games that could be brought back/remade in the Link's Awakening Switch engine.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I must say that after Mario Tennis Aces finally clicking with me recently, I'm quite excited for Mario Golf Super Rush for the Nintendo Switch Family of Systems.
It's weird to say because of how little content it has, but Mario Tennis Aces has been a nightly event for me. The fact that there's always a tournament going, and there are always people playing, and that the game just feels good as fuck to play... I have a hard time talking too much shit about it lol.

Oct 28, 2019
Are there any summaries of SGF for game titles and platforms announced so far? I saw Jurassic World Evolution 2 was announced yesterday and while that might not come to Switch until the revision is out, I'm cautiously excited for it

www.resetera.com

Summer Gaming Events 2021 Megathread (Check threadmarks for past events)

Watching the IGN feed. NXGamer doing work for IGN now. Good for him.

Otherwise gematsu.com seems to have articles + easily visible platforms up for every game-related announcement yesterday.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
People who just straight up leak an entire presentation ahead of time are kinda assholes if I'm being honest.

They're not doing great investigation work or uncovering bad work cultures in videogames studio. They literally spoil the fun for the attention and actively ruin the work of videogame developers who wanna reveal their work on their own terms.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People who just straight up leak an entire presentation ahead of time are kinda assholes if I'm being honest.

They're not doing great investigation work or uncovering bad work cultures in videogames studio. They literally spoil the fun for the attention and actively ruin the work of videogame developers who wanna reveal their work on their own terms.
just for e-clout

Might just be a preference, but I find teases and vague hints more fun.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Right, but that's not what Glio was concerned about - it's annoying when people express their anger about games being announced outside a Direct.
Yeah, I remember for example when they announced Warframe about two or three weeks after Nintendo's E3? At a Warframe event. And I remember a lot of angry people saying things like "WHY DIDN'T THEY ANNOUNCE IT ON THE DIRECT?"

Who cares.

applepie

Aug 11, 2020
Let us hope that the extra processing power will be mandated for 4K only, and locked from games for any other purpose, otherwise we could get a similar situation to now where docked can run chopper than handheld resolutions.

So, what's gonna upscale the games to 4k is DLSS. Doubt many games (if any at all) are gonna run 4K native.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Go pure and stay on the off topic side of Era lol that's what I'm doing

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Summer Gaming Events 2021 Megathread (Check threadmarks for past events)

Watching the IGN feed. NXGamer doing work for IGN now. Good for him.

Otherwise gematsu.com seems to have articles + easily visible platforms up for every game-related announcement yesterday.

Thank you 🙏 I swear it's always so hard to find active liveblogs of certain tech events when I just want to read about it quick rather than watch everything individually.

Rantanplang17

Mar 30, 2019
It would be nice if someone could sacrifice himself and go look to the leak s and comeback to give us enigmatic message that would hint the leaks !

Dec 23, 2017
I know you care enough about this to troll and be disingenuous, but beyond putting things behind spoiler tags, nothing's really off the table here in terms of discussion. Especially if at least one Nintendo exclusive is directly involved.

Feel free to mute people or take some time off the thread if it bothers you this much.
I would say it's the other way around. I'm all for leaks that are Nintendo. We have had multiple post referencing leaks. It wasn't just me it was other asking also what leaked in reference to Nintendo. I just think if posters are going to talk about it at least give detail that they aren't referencing anything Nintendo.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
Thank you 🙏 I swear it's always so hard to find active liveblogs of certain tech events when I just want to read about it quick rather than watch everything individually.

Let me advise you a really useful site.
It is really focused, every games have a color coded card according to the event. The card then contains release date, platform, genre, title, developer and youtube links. You can mark cards as viewed and you can filter by event, platform, release, exclusivity, conference.

2021.e3recap.com

E3Recap 2021 - Trailers, Announcements, and Live Streams (E3 2021 & Summer Games Fest)

A recap and collection of all the trailers, demos, gameplay, livestreams, and announcements at E3 2021 and Summer Game Fest.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So uh

Apparently it's not possible to get this score on this level? So maybe this is something?

Even if it's not it's the type of nonsense detective speculation I live for.

Status
Not open for further replies.