What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breath of the Wild Release + Nintendo Direct Date Bet
  • Dark Cloud

Banned
    Oct 27, 2017
    Updated.

#BotW2AvatarBet

Team 2022
    -Dark
    -Scrawnton
    -Raccoon
    -TwntyOneTwlv
    -billmo
    -Derachi
    -Bobo
    -stealthyfrog
    -carlosfilho
    -thefusionguy
    -rewkol
    -Zuko
    -SerKwak
    -MegaShadowX
    -Castform
    -SirMammothy
    -Brofield
    -awesomegames23
    -Slash
    -lexony
    -JoRu
    -Marmoka

Team 2021
    -Cloud
    -Skittzo0413
    -a11244
    -Dragoncaine
    -NabiscoFelt
    -Aether
    -LukasManak22
    -FossilPhantom
    -Starphanluke
    -MasterJay
    -MaitreWakou
    -b3llydrum
    -Jencks
    -Meelow
    -Magic-Man
    -karmitt
    -TheSupervillain
    -Josh5890
    -Marcelo Guimaraes
    -MrEevee98
    -storres
    -phyl0x
    -Porygon
    -BozPaggs
    -Scard
    -MG12
    -coolcam52
    -indospot
    -alm0st^_^
    -hologram
    -Meeloo
    -EdenGamer25
    -Gamendschaapje
    -AmbitiousHylian
    -IronFalcon1997
    -GravyFingerZ

Nintendo E3 Direct Bet:

Team 6/8 (aka Team Bold!)
    -Suswave
    -Castform
    -BozPaggs

Team 6/10
    -Magic-Man
    -Derachi
    -storres
    -billmo
    -Marmoka

Team 6/11
    -carlosfilho
    -BY2K
    -NabiscoFelt
    -Dragoncaine
    -Josh5890
    -indospot
    -EdenGamer25
    -IronFalcon1997

Team 6/12
    -Brofield
    -coolcam52

Team 6/14
    -lexony
    -BY2K
    -The Supervillain

Team 6/15
    -Le Monde-
    -Slash
    -almost^_^
    -hologram
    -Matrixman.exe
    -Gamendschaapje
    -AmbitiousHylian
    -GravyFingerZ
    -JoRu

Last edited:
    Resetting the Clock
  • OP
    OP
    wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
    Just something I want to comment on... I'd rather we didn't clutter this thread with continued "It's going to be XX time" followed by "reset the clock!" over and over again when it's all times that don't make a ton of sense. It just drowns out all the conversation and makes the thread hard to follow.

This hasn't been a major problem in this thread. Just something I wanted to mention before it became a thing. There's going to be a lot of news over the next little bit and I want to maximize our chance at good discussion during this crazy time.

Just asking we use it reasonably. Something like Tuesday at the normal Direct announcement time makes a ton of sense. I trust you lot to use your discretion.

Switch Pro Announcement Bet
  • Dark Cloud

Banned
    Oct 27, 2017
    New Super Switch Pro NX + Bowsers Fury Announcement Bet

June 1st
    -EdenGamer25
    -Raccoon
    -Meelow
    -Magic-Man
    -Estizzle
    -famicorpse
    -Imperfect Dark
    -AmbitiousHylian
    -claudelabonte
    -GravyFingerz
    -hologram
    -Supersysom
    -BozPaggs
    -LuckyNumber69
    -Dragoncaine
    -Derachi
    -Jencks
    -Andsello
    -a11244
    -Cevan

June 2nd
    -Josh5890
    -Summerof69
    -Catalyst
    -babycakin
    -Cecil45
    -Baobab
    -midori
    -Chaotic Neutral
    -VanTell

June 3rd
    -skittzo0413
    -Slash
    -TheSentry42
    -wigglesthegamer
    -Gamendschaapje
    -Marmoka
    -Meeloo
    -Tonswelt
    -kauec
    -TsarOfAbility
    -lexony
    -Doni

June 8th
    -Kingpin Rogers
    -Bobo
    -RevoDave

Last edited:
    Jason Schreier clarifies what he said about a Switch Pro announcement coming "soon"
  • jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
    Verified
    Oct 25, 2017
    I've seen some folks here saying that I confirmed a Switch Pro announcement before E3 and I just want to clarify that I have not reported that. A bunch of people misinterpreted something I said on Twitter and then I tried to clarify that I just know it's coming "soon" (which is poor word choice on my part given that I don't know exactly when the announcement is coming) which led to even more misinterpretations. My colleague Takashi Mochizuki (who is rarely wrong) reported that it could be announced before E3 so that third-party games could be showcased on it. I believe in his reporting, but I have not independently confirmed anything about the announcement timeline, so please don't consider me a source here one way or another. (When I've confirmed something, as with Starfield, I'll make it clear!) I'm grateful that many people trust that my reporting is accurate, which is why I want to be clear that this is not something I've reported.

Plus, "plans could change" might be a lame excuse that rumormongers use to couch when they're wrong, but it also happens constantly. For example, I *can* independently confirm that as of right now not all of the publishers have even finalized their E3 plans, and we're a week away. If I had to speculate, I'd say I'm sure we'll see the Switch Pro before the Direct. But that's just speculation. For all we know, Nintendo changed their plans in response to all these leaks (as they did when word of the Netflix Zelda show came out). Consider me as in the dark on this one as the rest of you. I'm hoping we'll see it today, but please don't get your expectations up thinking that I've reported anything about this. Could be today, could be next week, could be in August for all I know. I have no inside info on the timeline and will always try to be as transparent as possible about that instead of being cagey.

Emily and Nate's Update on the Switch Pro Announcement Timeframe
  • Dark Cloud

Banned
    Oct 27, 2017
    wookiee can you please threadmark this.

This is from Emily.

"Will Switch Pro be announced before or after E3? Other than certain people having an axe to grind with insiders/media professionals, I don't see why this is such a hotly debated topic.

If production-assembly begins this month (as reported by numerous outlets) then Nintendo would likely receive their first shipment from the assemblers around late-July. Meaning, Nintendo has a very small, limited window to announce this thing before leaks start trickling out.

In my Resetera post, I specifically wrote, "Either before E3 or a few weeks after." From that statement, I thought it was clear that I was just giving my personal *estimate* on a possible timeframe for an announcement. I wouldn't give a vague timeframe like that if I actually knew the exact date and time of the announcement.

What if the Switch Pro follows the same trajectory as Switch Lite? Announcement in July, release in late September? Would you really have an issue with that?

Yes, someone tweeted at me, "Well the NintendoSwitchPro announcement should happen during the next 2 weeks!" and I responded "Yup!" in a super-casual, nonchalant manner. Okay, but that was literally right after two major credible outlets (Bloomberg, Eurogamer) reported on the story.

Anyways, this saga reminds me of when I broke the Labo VR story for Nintendo World Report. It was being manufactured and assembled that month. Then a month after I reported it, it was announced via Twitter.

Link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nw...ated-announcement-be-approaching-rumor.99974/

Look, I realize the purpose of this Nintendo thread is to be in perpetual hype mode 24/7. This ultimately results in an exhausting rollercoaster of emotions and disappointment.

To avoid stressing yourself out, just assume the new Switch could be announced anytime this summer – no specific month, week or day. As I said earlier, if it begins production this month (as reported) then the window for an announcement is getting smaller."

Nate's update on Twitter

Last edited:
    Final warning- drop the whinging about insiders
  • Redcrayon

Patient hunter
    On Break
    Oct 27, 2017
    UK
    Hi all.

Ive updated the thread reply banner as seemingly nobody reads threadmarked staff posts.

Please drop the metacommentary complaining about insiders when plans are all over the place and we are lucky to have them. Failure to observe this rule here will result in being banned from era for the duration of E3, it just clogs up and derails the thread and does nobody any good. If your only contribution to this community on era is to make a driveby post and complain that you hyped yourself up and are now disappointed, please reconsider.

Thanks.

On the Timing of the End of this Thread
  • OP
    OP
    wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
    Hey folks! Just wanted to update on the status of the end of the thread since a few people have asked.

This thread is going to run against the tradition of ending the threads at 20k posts just to better line up with E3. We more or less blew through this thread and we decided it'd be easier to have this run as the pre-E3 thread and capture all the leadup and then for the constantly wonderful Kevin360 to take over for the next thread timed around E3 and we all start fresh there.

So the intent is to run this one to about 25k posts, or if we don't get that far for Kevin360 to make the next thread at his discretion with regard to timing around E3.

So sorry you lot have to stick with me a little longer. if there are any concerns feel free to let me know but if not let's all enjoy the lead-up to E3! Should be fun!

Spoiler free link to the direct
  • OP
    OP
    wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
    In case you can't catch the direct live there's a post on Reddit that will be updated to have a spoiler free link to the E3 direct.

Click here!

Obviously we'll be on the next thread by then so if it's something you want to take advantage of make a bookmark or something. Hopefully that helps some folks out who have to work or whatever else gets in the way!

Please Spoiler Tag Leaks
  • OP
    OP
    wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
    There are some major (and all but confirmed) leaks filtering out on to the internet, and a lot of folks would like to go in to E3 relatively unspoiled. So if you're going to discuss leaks please keep them in a spoiler tagged post.

This goes for joking about the leaks, making puns, replying to someone about the leaks, etc. If it's spoiler-y in nature and could ruin a surprise for next week -spoiler tag it. This isn't just for Nintendo as well since the most of the stuff that's leaked has been third party kind of stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.