What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
EuZpOcJVoAA-BbT

Let's go!

After the previous year of speculation about new hardware, debating the existence of various games, wondering what the long-term impact of the pandemic would bring, and almost constant meme-ing - E3 is finally back and we're on the precipice of news.

This is my first romp as OP of this thread and I'm super happy to be bringing it to you guys at such a critical time in the history of this thread. Just wanted to throw out what a pleasure it's been to be a part of this community over almost an entire year. I initially popped in just to follow news while being bored during the pandemic and have stuck around because the community as a whole has just been great. So to anyone who lurks and doesn't post I highly recommend joining in! It's a very welcoming place. I'd like to thank our lovely member Raccoon for devising the new layout for the thread back a few OTs ago and suggesting that we each take our own take on the thread and then Meelow for saying absolutely not because that saved me a ton of work.

On the subject of the title:

The discussion of the title got stressful this time around so I decided to invoke my right as OP to make an executive decision. I know it's not a pun or some inside joke the regulars will get, but it really drives the key for this thread. The community. Rather than make it something that only the in crowd will get I wanted to drive home how fun it is to come in and hang out with this community day after day and that's thanks to its wonderful members. To name a few: Raccoon, BozPaggs, Brofield, Bonejack, Bandage, nrvalleytime, skittzo0413, Derachi, Gay Bowser, Imitatio, the entirety of the nintendoera discord, and of course many many others. If your name wasn't on the list don't feel bad, you're all beloved members of this community - I was just typing this up while rocking an infant to sleep (lol). So for the next OT the punny jokes will come back for sure but for mine I wanted to pay respect to the community here and how you've all made a real bad year so much more bearable. I hope that's okay with you all.

vB8Vls0.png

As is tradition since OT17 I'd like to say a piece about trans rights. The assertion that "trans rights are human rights" is not a shallow attempt at moral posturing. Instead, this statement represents an issue of genuine importance to this and the wider ResetEra community. Many of this site and thread's best and brightest are transgender, and offering respect and human decency to them is important to us. This point and these members are too important for any tolerance of divergent opinions on the matter: transgender people are valid and deserving of respect. This statement isn't from a sense of moral righteousness or political persecution, but because these people and the challenges they face matter to us.

Briefly on this point there are so many additional causes all of this community has a heart for and should be mentioned in this thread such as Stop Asian Hate and Black Lives Matter. A major driving force with this community is inclusion for everyone and if you don't have that in your heart please do not hang out here. If you do not agree you are not welcome.

On to the purpose of the thread. For the uninitiated this is the place for general speculation on all things Nintendo. Of course there are sister threads that crop up such as the Switch Pro thread and ones for various games, but this is the main community for the entire breadth of speculation. As an aside- this community does more than speculate, so if you want to talk about the future of Xenoblade, what Breath of the Wild 2 is going to be, or just how great your most recent Super Metroid playthrough has been this is the place!

As OP I'd like to comment on a few things that have been a bit of a bummer in more recent threads and how we can improve... Some of you may have noticed I've not been as present in the last thread or two as I have in the past and there are things I think we can all improve on.
  • Leaks and leaker culture: Leaks are a beloved and major part of this community but isn't what should drive this community. There's a thirst from people who just pass by this thread to come in and beg for leaked info from a few of our community members. Obviously the leaks are super fun and we all love to get the teased info drops and speculate on what they mean, but let's not treat that as the heart and soul of this thread. The community should be what drives this place forward.
  • Hostility and harassment towards fellow members: while a violation of site rules in its worst forms, I feel that we ought to aim above the bare minimum of conduct to foster a better and friendlier community.
  • Arrogance: Following on with the statement on leaker culture there's also a perceived arrogance from people "in the know" and people who just come in here from time to time. If people aren't completely spun up on the news help them out and drop some info. Generally be welcoming! Don't treat it as a way to hold an edge over someone. At the end of the day this is all just for fun.
  • Seriousness: There's also a major issue with how seriously this whole thing gets taken. At the end of the day this is all just for fun and to unwind with some pals and chat about Nintendo games. Just generally I think it's better if the whole lot of us took this thing a whole lot less seriously and were just along for the ride. Whether Nintendo decides to announce Star Fox Racing (lol) the world will keep spinning. If you've stuck around to this point and have read all the rules @ me with a "cats look sick af in pajamas, don't they?"
  • Leveraging this thread for clout: Please don't come in here to harvest the thread for news to farm for twitter clout or reddit karma. Internet points mean literally nothing and it goes directly against the general point of this thread. If you're coming here to parse for info how about you stop and instead come in and say hi! You never know. You'll probably love it here!
So just as a summary, let's make this place feel welcoming to all involved and really drive around the community aspect of things. This should be a real fun place to hangout for everyone and not so serious all the time.

Over the course of this thread I'll edit this post with some different things I've enjoyed in the thread so watch this space and thanks to nrvalleytime for the idea of the OP corner.

From there let's all get back to the discussion! Enjoy the hype and have fun! It's a great time of year for news! Hype responsibly!

Index:
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT| - Kevin360
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT2| Reset The Thread - Mina
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT3| Nintendo Direct Speculation Trilogy HD - Raccoon
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT4| The Sequel to OT3 is Now in Development. - Phendrift
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT5| But why? OT4 Was Still Selling... - Meelow
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT6| OT7 Has Been Rated in Korea - skittzo0413
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT7| March Madness - chase beck
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT8| Begun, The Nintendo Has - Hero of Legend
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT9| Black Lives Matter far more than video games - Hero of Legend
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT10| Bakugan with the Wind - Hero of Legend
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT11| Honey, I shrunk the Directs - Plum
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT12| A delayed Direct is eventually good, but a rushed Direct is forever bad - nrvalleytime
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT13| is your lucky number..... and am out - BozPaggs
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT13-2| lighting strikes twice - BozPaggs
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT15| Available for a limited time only - Raccoon
Nintendo General Discussion |OT16| New Nintendo Direct Speculation - Phendrift
Nintendo General Discussion |OT17| Trans Rights are Human Rights - Phendrift
Nintendo General Discussion |OT18| Is anyone else's thread collecting dust? (Trans Rights are still Human Rights) - Brofield
Nintendo General Discussion |OT19| + Browser's Fury (+ Trans Rights are Human Rights) - MondoMega
Nintendo General Discussion |OT20| Uncharted Territory (trans rights are human rights) - Raccoon
Nintendo General Discussion |OT21| Mario Carted (trans rights will always be human rights) - Meelow
Nintendo General Discussion |OT22| Famicom (Direct)ive Club: The Missing Link (Trans Rights Will Always Be Human Rights | Free Palestine) - nrvalleytime

Join the NintendoEra Official Discord!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
This is thread where Switch Pro will be revealed. Let's go!

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe we'll actually get the Super Switch in this thread!

The next 3 weeks for Nintendo will be most hype since E3 2019, maybe even earlier!

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
sein the list in the OP i kinda get flashbacks...

regardless: this thread wont last long.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
EuZpOcJVoAA-BbT

Let's go!

After the previous year of speculation about new hardware, debating the existence of various games, wondering what the long-term impact of the pandemic would bring, and almost constant meme-ing E3- is finally back and we're on the precipice of news.

This is my first romp as OP of this thread and I'm super happy to be bringing it to you guys at such a critical time in the history of this thread. Just wanted to throw out what a pleasure it's been to be a part of this community over almost an entire year. I initially popped in just to follow news while being bored during the pandemic and have stuck around because the community as a whole has just been great. So to anyone who lurks and doesn't post I highly recommend joining in! It's a very welcoming place. I'd like to thank our lovely member Raccoon for devising the new layout for the thread back a few OTs ago and suggesting that we each take our own take on the thread and then Meelow for saying absolutely not because that saved me a ton of work.

The discussion of the title got stressful this time around so I decided to invoke my right as OP to make an executive decision. I know it's not a pun or some inside joke the regulars will get, but it really drives the key for this thread. The community. Rather than make it something that only the in crowd will get I wanted to drive home how fun it is to come in and hang out with this community day after day and that's thanks to it's wonderful members. To name a few: Raccoon, BozPaggs, Brofield, Bonejack, Bandage, nrvalleytime, skittzo0413, Derachi, Gay Bowser, the entirety of the nintendoera discord, and of course many many others. If your name wasn't on the list don't feel bad, you're all beloved members of this community. So for the next OT the punny jokes will come back for sure but for mine I wanted to pay respect to the community here and how you've all made a real bad year so much more bearable. I hope that's okay with you all.

vB8Vls0.png

As is tradition since OT17 I'd like to say a piece about trans rights. The assertion that "trans rights are human rights" is not a shallow attempt at moral posturing. Instead, this statement represents an issue of genuine importance to this and the wider ResetEra community. Many of this site and thread's best and brightest are transgender, and offering respect and human decency to them is important to us. This point and these members are too important for any tolerance of divergent opinions on the matter: transgender people are valid and deserving of respect. This statement isn't from a sense of moral righteousness or political persecution, but because these people and the challenges they face matter to us.

Briefly on this point there are so many additional causes all of this community has a heart for and should be mentioned in this thread such as Stop Asian Hate and Black Lives Matter. A major driving force with this community is inclusion for everyone and if you don't have that in your heart please do not hang out here. If you do not agree you are not welcome.

On to the purpose of the thread. For the uninitiated this is the place for general speculation on all things Nintendo. Of course there are sister threads that crop up such as the Switch Pro thread and ones for various games, but this is the main community for the entire breadth of speculation. As an aside- this community does more than speculate, so if you want to talk about the future of Xenoblade, what Breath of the Wild 2 is going to be, or just how great your most recent Super Metroid playthrough has been this is the place!

As OP I'd like to comment on a few things that have been a bit of a bummer in more recent threads and how we can improve... Some of you may have noticed I've not been as present in the last thread or two as I have in the past and there are things I think we can all improve on.
  • Leaks and leaker culture: Leaks are a beloved and major part of this community but isn't what should drive this community. There's a thirst from people who just pass by this thread to come in and beg for leaked info from a few of our community members. Obviously the leaks are super fun and we all love to get the teased info drops and speculate on what they mean, but let's not treat that as the heart and soul of this thread. The community should be what drives this place forward.
  • Hostility and harassment towards fellow members: while a violation of site rules in its worst forms, I feel that we ought to aim above the bare minimum of conduct to foster a better and friendlier community.
  • Arrogance: Following on with the statement on leaker culture there's also a perceived arrogance from people "in the know" and people who just come in here from time to time. If people aren't completely spun up on the news help them out and drop some info. Generally be welcoming! Don't treat it as a way to hold an edge over someone. At the end of the day this is all just for fun.
  • Seriousness: There's also a major issue with how seriously this whole thing gets taken. At the end of the day this is all just for fun and to unwind with some pals and chat about Nintendo games. Just generally I think it's better if the whole lot of us took this thing a whole lot less seriously and were just along for the ride. Whether Nintendo decides to announce Star Fox Racing (lol) the world will keep spinning. If you've stuck around to this point and have read all the rules @ me with a "cats look sick af in pajamas, don't they?"
  • Leveraging this thread for clout: Please don't come in here to harvest the thread for news to farm for twitter clout or reddit karma. Internet points mean literally nothing and it goes directly against the general point of this thread. If you're coming here to parse for info how about you stop and instead come in and say hi! You never know. You'll probably love it here!
So just as a summary, let's make this place feel welcoming to all involved and really drive around the community aspect of things. This should be a real fun place to hangout for everyone and not so serious all the time.

Over the course of this thread I'll edit this post with some different things I've enjoyed in the thread so watch this space and thanks to nrvalleytime for the idea of the OP corner.

Watch this space

From there let's all get back to the discussion! Enjoy the hype and have fun! It's a great time of year for news! Hype responsibly!

Index:
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT3| Nintendo Direct Speculation Trilogy HD - Raccoon
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT4| The Sequel to OT3 is Now in Development. - Phendrift
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT9| Black Lives Matter far more than video games - Hero of Legend
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT12| A delayed Direct is eventually good, but a rushed Direct is forever bad - nrvalleytime
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT13| is your lucky number..... and am out - BozPaggs
Nintendo General Discussion |OT18| Is anyone else's thread collecting dust? (Trans Rights are still Human Rights) - Brofield
Nintendo General Discussion |OT19| + Browser's Fury (+ Trans Rights are Human Rights) - MondoMega
Nintendo General Discussion |OT20| Uncharted Territory (trans rights are human rights) - Raccoon
Nintendo General Discussion |OT21| Mario Carted (trans rights will always be human rights) - Meelow
Nintendo General Discussion |OT22| Famicom (Direct)ive Club: The Missing Link (Trans Rights Will Always Be Human Rights | Free Palestine) - nrvalleytime

[Hidden content]
EuZpOcJVoAA-BbT

Let's go!

After the previous year of speculation about new hardware, debating the existence of various games, wondering what the long-term impact of the pandemic would bring, and almost constant meme-ing E3- is finally back and we're on the precipice of news.

The discussion of the title got stressful this time around so I decided to invoke my right as OP to make an executive decision. I know it's not a pun or some inside joke the regulars will get, but it really drives the key for this thread. The community. Rather than make it something that only the in crowd will get I wanted to drive home how fun it is to come in and hang out with this community day after day and that's thanks to it's wonderful members. To name a few: Raccoon, BozPaggs, Brofield, Bonejack, Bandage, nrvalleytime, skittzo0413, Derachi, Gay Bowser, the entirety of the nintendoera discord, and of course many many others. If your name wasn't on the list don't feel bad, you're all beloved members of this community. So for the next OT the punny jokes will come back for sure but for mine I wanted to pay respect to the community here and how you've all made a real bad year so much more bearable. I hope that's okay with you all.

vB8Vls0.png

Watch this space

Index:

[Hidden content]

I can't wait. The hype Nintendo creates is always something special. Just hope there still something special that hasn't leaked yet

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Also like the thread title. Nice choice. Posting and hanging out here has been a real positive for me at a really difficult time and it's great to be part of this community.

Let's goooo

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
So, speaking of the Super Nintendo, when are they adding the Empress from Magical Drop 2 in Smash?

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
By the end of this thread, we would have seen the new Switch and Breath of the Wild 2. Process that for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.