Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Flavor tells me Stan is town (Town Creative Director should only be able to command town), while game mechanics are telling me Stan is scum (I dont think town needs a tracker backup and Stan might as well have scum tracking powers that fit to Genos three people).

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Flavor tells me Stan is town (Town Creative Director should only be able to command town), while game mechanics are telling me Stan is scum (I dont think town needs a tracker backup and Stan might as well have scum tracking powers that fit to Genos three people).
well clearly the flavor of this game is completely straightforward and trustworthy.

(Reki how the helld you get that to imbed witout the overlay?)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'd still go for one of Stan or Kopite today personally, those are the flips I'm most interested in seeing still as there are a lot of question marks for me surrounding their role claims, it just feels like at least one of them is a fake claim.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not scum. Not sure what I can say to defend myself but I'm not.

Malus I think could be scum even if he's a scum gossip.

Oreo, I don't think is scum with that power.

Stan is a prime scum candidate. Just based on POE.
Lovers I'm up in the air about.

Kopite & Aeleus are two I'm not sure on. I really am not. :/
I'm not sure how you can put Kopite and Aeleus in the same category when Aeleus' power has been pretty much confirmed, while Kopite is going on good faith for his role name. Unless Kopite visited you and that made you learn his role name? Realistically, why would he visit a bus driver after you claimed? It should have been either N1 or N2, otherwise that's somewhat odd, and he already said he visited Aeleus N2 (I believe). Would Kopite have used his PR on coolest N1? Probably not.
Vote: Meatwad

From the front runners, I think Meat's the scummiest. Feels like this is Scum Meat, from sorta sheeping to not addressing concerns that he is or clarifying his vote.
Who are the others ?
Coolest, Oreo and at that point Blarg

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure how you can put Kopite and Aeleus in the same category when Aeleus' power has been pretty much confirmed, while Kopite is going on good faith for his role name. Unless Kopite visited you and that made you learn his role name? Realistically, why would he visit a bus driver after you claimed? It should have been either N1 or N2, otherwise that's somewhat odd, and he already said he visited Aeleus N2 (I believe). Would Kopite have used his PR on coolest N1? Probably not.
I've only used my power once, on Muffin N2 which was then redirected to Aeleus.

I'd still go for one of Stan or Kopite today personally, those are the flips I'm most interested in seeing still as there are a lot of question marks for me surrounding their role claims, it just feels like at least one of them is a fake claim.
You can't just game solve solely through mass claiming and then trying to weed out claims just because they can't really be proven. That's what Town did for Maple Street and then got screwed when it was too late to do anything. Can I ask why you aren't interested in voting Muffin instead? My role has actual value for town.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

You can't just game solve solely through mass claiming and then trying to weed out claims just because they can't really be proven. That's what Town did for Maple Street and then got screwed when it was too late to do anything. Can I ask why you aren't interested in voting Muffin instead? My role has actual value for town.
This...what value does your role have on its own? Without Muffin (tracker) or Stan (supposed backup tracker), does anyone else really need a strengthener besides Stu?

Do you think Muffin is a scum tracker?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, Muffin is confirmed town.

Due to the way my bus driver power and Geno's death.

that said, I don't like that last post from Kopite sooo...

Vote: Kopite

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That's what Town did for Maple Street and then got screwed when it was too late to do anything.
I'm not Town lol.
Can I ask why you aren't interested in voting Muffin instead? My role has actual value for town.
Muffin is a Tracker and we have confirmation from Chugg's PM that Scum have a Ninja, so therefore I consider Muffin to be the reason why they have a Ninja.

And again, your role is what you say it is, we don't know what it does for sure other than tell your target your flavor name, which is not of much value!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, if I recall correctly, Kopite, in Maple Street I did not solve the entire game via role claims, this is true, but I did call out your role claim as being full of shit and I was totally right about that lol. :P

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Ok so while we're on flavour I did some digging, in the spoiler text there'll be some fairly large pictures showing the dogs/cats of 31 minutos but I'll give a TLDL

EMzvMlMXYAAJeqX

EMzvMlLXkAAkezb

The big takeaways from this for me are
A) There are only 3 cats in the show (probably) this means if there's 4 scum, one isn't a cat.
B) As said before my flavour mentions me having 3 fantastic friends, turns out one of them is a cat 'bigote' so just because he's my friend and mentioned in my role PM doesn't mean Kopite is a good dog.

From this I'll lessen the amount of good dog points I'm giving Kopite but he's still a better dog than Malus or Stan IMO

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Also, if I recall correctly, Kopite, in Maple Street I did not solve the entire game via role claims, this is true, but I did call out your role claim as being full of shit and I was totally right about that lol. :P
I don't remember that, but I did get red checked lol which lead to the claim. Would've been a travesty if I didn't get lunched then

malus

Oct 30, 2017
/shrugs

Just keeping options open. Not like I said they are a serious candidate for today or anything lol.
The way I see it, it is almost impossible for Aeleus to be scum. The night they claimed to have used their power the doggyguard was killed, so a night kill was indeed issued. If they were a Scum lightning rod, that would have been a huge risk to take unless they knew exactly that the doggyguard would use his command, because why else would they issue a kill at all. If the lightning rod was a fake claim, they would have to be sure that no other role can confirm who was really their target. But we know from Kopite, that he targeted somebody else but Aeleus revealed his flavor name. Additionally we have Muffin who got no movement from Verelios, who claimed he had to use his love every night. So unless all those players are in on it, there is no way Aeleus is Scum.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
The way I see it, it is almost impossible for Aeleus to be scum. The night they claimed to have used their power the doggyguard was killed, so a night kill was indeed issued. If they were a Scum lightning rod, that would have been a huge risk to take unless they knew exactly that the doggyguard would use his command, because why else would they issue a kill at all. If the lightning rod was a fake claim, they would have to be sure that no other role can confirm who was really their target. But we know from Kopite, that he targeted somebody else but Aeleus revealed his flavor name. Additionally we have Muffin who got no movement from Verelios, who claimed he had to use his love every night. So unless all those players are in on it, there is no way Aeleus is Scum.
One of the joys of being a cult leader

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Aeleus why are you telling people we're in a Cult, we were supposed to keep quiet on that, they all bought my claim!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, the role that is equally used for both scum/town is confirmed town. Meanwhile, you think Aeleus could still be scum after pulling off a N2 lightning rod when Town had a confirmed tracker.

Confirmed town because Scum tried to off him and instead Geno got killed. If Geno was targeted instead, Muffin would have died.

Since I know I'm town and I know my power, obviously unless we had some third party doing the killing, Muffin is basically confirmed as far as I'm concerned.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Ok so while we're on flavour I did some digging, in the spoiler text there'll be some fairly large pictures showing the dogs/cats of 31 minutos but I'll give a TLDL

EMzvMlMXYAAJeqX

EMzvMlLXkAAkezb

A) There are only 3 cats in the show (probably) this means if there's 4 scum, one isn't a cat.
B) As said before my flavour mentions me having 3 fantastic friends, turns out one of them is a cat 'bigote' so just because he's my friend and mentioned in my role PM doesn't mean Kopite is a good dog.

From this I'll lessen the amount of good dog points I'm giving Kopite but he's still a better dog than Malus or Stan IMO
Who was Polter then? I don't see a Reddie there.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Anyway time to get back to playing the actual game so I'll use this time to try and do a reread, wish me luck :)

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
First off we go back to polter's big moment on Day 1
So, looking over the sample PM, it really seems like role names themselves in this game have their own flavor to them. "Extra" = Vanilla Town there.

Whenever someone claims in the future, should we just go with the standard name of the role (assuming the role can be categorized as such) or what the role is actually printed as? Because I can definitely feel like people could get confused if this odd naming scheme is game-wide.

This is more interesting as it seems that both he and the sample PM share the role Extra though I'm not quite sure how it effects this post, setting up a breadcrumb?

Regardless many players took this as a way to jump into the game:
Oreo took the comment at face value
Maybe both for both clarity of role and double-checking role naming?

Rac/malus, CS/Stu, Fanto, Kopite and Stan (though admittedly he was in a weird mood) initially ignore the post but Vere is the first one to attack it.
Automatically suspicious of your intentions here even though I'm stumped over what it could be.

You're on my watch list now Polt.

Chuggernaut ignore the comment but after a push from Kawl and Fanto (the latter I assume was just sheeping) he joins in.
Yeah, I kind of agree with rac here. I think that's just Kopite tbh
This post? Yeah I didn't love it either. Still too early to tell, but it felt really busy workey. It's not really fishing, but it also kind of feels like saying stuff for the sake of saying stuff.

Stan attacks Fran's defense of Polter but doesn't really comment much on polter themselves
where the fuck you sposed to get sparkle dust in quarantine?

the hell is bold about NAI mechanics discussion?
i would file role discussion under mechanics discussion but whatevs.
are we really already there?
like half a day into the game and were already playing the "i dunno would scum really do that 🤔" for something this weak?
feels like two games from now well be at "i dunno guys, would scum really make several posts? with words in them? i think theyd play safer than that."

Oreo defends polter
The current suspicions on Polt for wanting to lay out decent claiming groundrules reminds me of dogs getting spooked by their own shadows

(not quoting but CS/Stu continues to ignore situation)

Here's something fun: Polter replies to the push and quotes vere, chuggs and Fran but ignores Kawl and Fanto both of who posted before chuggs. This is probably so that it's clear to us that Polter and Chuggs aren't pals.
I'm... so confused right now.

All I was trying to do was establish a baseline for us when it came to role claims so that we don't get confused later on. Is that really such a bad thing? What's so "bold" or "busy worky" about that? ._.

I mean seriously, wtf is an "Extra" if we had no context?

Oreo continues to defend Polter (worth noting he's not the only one, LP defends him and Nin votes one of his voters for coasting)
Vere makes a good point that mafia likely have good claims lined up, but I still don't see that as a reason to not put as much pressure on mafia as possible. I've personally fucked up a claim before by reading out the wrong fake claim lol

Kawl's post's silly, and Fran tossing shade my way doesn't mean much at this stage of the game, but is duly noted

Chuggs backs off as Meatwad becomes prime target (but still gives a way back to the wagon), later continues to look into meatwad and uses the excuse of a pressure vote to switch off polter onto me :(
I still don't love that first Polter post, but what I've seen of him since seems to be more nervous townie than busy scum

Hey Blargonaut you made that really good read list on D1, you should make another.

That seems to be the end of it by where I'm at (post 382) but for full disclosure I know I eventually come in and defend polter (I think even town read him for some stuff :/)

Conclusions:
CS/Stu + Stan + Rac/Malus ignorance of the topic is not a good look (though not particularly suspect for CS)

I think Vere's push on Polter is legit and why chuggs bussed him, I also feel that Polter wouldn't have enough guts to quote two scum mates in his reply. Therefore I think both he and Blarg are town.

Oreo being the only alive defender of polter is interesting because I'm not sure if his scum mates would have defended him given how quickly day 1 lunches can get set in stone, I feel that it's more likely scum ignored it but not enough for him not to be a suspect.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Confirmed town because Scum tried to off him and instead Geno got killed. If Geno was targeted instead, Muffin would have died.

Since I know I'm town and I know my power, obviously unless we had some third party doing the killing, Muffin is basically confirmed as far as I'm concerned.
Sorry, I'm an idiot, for some reason I thought you meant Malus, not Muffin. Yes I agree on Muffin being pretty much confirmed town

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
If someone could direct me to some key arguments, bad posts ect that'd be lovely btw <3
Message to future scum: I have breadcrumbed in every game I've played par 1, I'm sure you can figure my role out if you look closely enough

(this was a weak example but I was in a rush to get into the game)

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Blargonaut (4 votes)
Fanto - #1,754 #1,838
Stantastic - #1,756
oreomunsta - #1,816 #1,817
oreomunsta - #1,817 (Double) #1,818
oreomunsta - #1,818 (Triple)

malus (2 votes)
Aeleus - #1,835
Kopite - #1,898

Kopite (2 votes)
Fanto - #1,885
Stuart444 - #1,911

Stuart444 (1 votes)
malus - #1,892

Stantastic (1 votes)
Fanto - #1,838 #1,885
Muffin - #1,849

Not voting: Blargonaut, Verelios

Post Counts:
Verelios: 32 Fanto: 31 Blargonaut: 24 Muffin: 23 Kopite: 20 oreomunsta: 19 Stuart444: 18 Aeleus: 13 malus: 12 Stantastic: 9

Current Countdown:
vxp7ctsndb

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Well, under normal circumstances, I'd say he really jumped the gun on that.

But this is a role madness game, so I'm guessing everyone is more likely to have a PR than not. So saying you have a town PR doesn't really do much for me. It would be more surprising for him to say he's vanilla than anything!
I think he was definitely setting up a vanilla claim, also managed to completely avoid the question by taking it at the simplest perspective possible.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
That's Day 1 done

Conclusion:
I don't think Fran was killed for any stance he took, though he did scum read oreo. Seems more likely they just wanted to kill a strong active town who probably had no protection.

Lots of people generally say in spec "they could solve it if they only read from the beginning" this confirms that I at least, cannot.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017

EMzvMlMXYAAJeqX

EMzvMlLXkAAkezb

All I'm seeing is that I'm a confirmed doggo lol

OP
OP
Reki

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Blargonaut (4 votes)
Fanto - #1,754 #1,838
Stantastic - #1,756
oreomunsta - #1,816 #1,817
oreomunsta - #1,817 (Double) #1,818
oreomunsta - #1,818 (Triple)

malus (2 votes)
Aeleus - #1,835
Kopite - #1,898

Kopite (2 votes)
Fanto - #1,885
Stuart444 - #1,911

Stuart444 (1 votes)
malus - #1,892

Stantastic (1 votes)
Fanto - #1,838 #1,885
Muffin - #1,849

Not voting: Blargonaut, Verelios

Post Counts:
Verelios: 32 Fanto: 31 Blargonaut: 24 Muffin: 23 Kopite: 21 oreomunsta: 19 Stuart444: 18 Aeleus: 17 malus: 12 Stantastic: 9

Current Countdown:
vxp7ctsndb

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I'm an idiot, for some reason I thought you meant Malus, not Muffin. Yes I agree on Muffin being pretty much confirmed town
But, you brought up Muffin here before talking to Stu.

You had them mixed up since then?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
But, you brought up Muffin here before talking to Stu.

You had them mixed up since then?
Shit yeah I did, the M's got me bamboozled. To be clear I think Muffin is pretty much-confirmed town, and malus is who I'd be voting out today as I think they'd be the role we can afford to lose the most.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I can contribute to end of day right now :<

Looks like we're still lynching blarg due to my vote bloat. I'm still alright with pursuing that, despite the potential lovers blowback if the claims end up being true

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure how I can contribute to end of day right now :<

Looks like we're still lynching blarg due to my vote bloat. I'm still alright with pursuing that, despite the potential lovers blowback if the claims end up being true
I don't think we can vote Blarg now that he's coupled up with Vere. I don't know if you can unvote, but even if you don't I'm going to assume there should be enough votes on another train

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we can vote Blarg now that he's coupled up with Vere. I don't know if you can unvote, but even if you don't I'm going to assume there should be enough votes on another train

That's if you believe the lovers claims, I suppose. And nah, I can't move my votes, I don't think. My role description says that once my saved votes are spent, they cannot be refunded, so I take that to mean they're set

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
That's if you believe the lovers claims, I suppose. And nah, I can't move my votes, I don't think. My role description says that once my saved votes are spent, they cannot be refunded, so I take that to mean they're set
Pretty sure you can still move your vote, you will just lose your two extra ones.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so the day ends soon and if we aren't taking out Blarg then we need to consolidate our votes.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think of my read on vere (it's the big post you probably reasonably skimmed)

It's a good inspection (and boy do I still feel the egg on my face for defending Polt lol), but your conclusion kinda delves into WIFOMy territory where you feel that you can absolve Vere and therefore Blarg just because of an instance of Polt picking who to quote