• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
In the middle of some stuff here - hope to come back with a more developed vote/read on either him or someone else - but, at least until I read the case I asked him about;

Vote: nin

Agree with Kyan; nin shaded Launch for a vote without a case, but doesn't develop his own case too much either. That plus the feeling that he's been on the sidelines a bit, of which I'm not a fan of.

Fake edit:

A Wild Ambulance Appears will be replaced. I'll start looking for one ASAP

Oh, Ambulance. Sorry to see you go, hope everything's alright.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Formal request for you to change your avatar to

Done

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
100% not manufactured. There is very little positive that can come from any two scum, not just me and chuggs going back and forth like that at the start of the game.

i also noted your comments about chuggs apparently switching on me. I think that is fine for him to reconsider in that situation. I mean I did the exact same with him.
It was more about Conditional-pancakes casting shade on Chuggs while pushing for you, I wasn't sure what thought pattern lead to that post. The reply she linked was fine enough though (but then she shaded him again!!!)

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
It was more about Conditional-pancakes casting shade on Chuggs while pushing for you, I wasn't sure what thought pattern lead to that post. The reply she linked was fine enough though (but then she shaded him again!!!)

I think Conditional-pancakes was trying to re-evaluate the situation between me and chuggs. Thinking about all the potential scenarios and unvoting is townie so I don't have an issue with them.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
[She/Her] Dr. Monkey|Monkey - UTC-4 has replaced A Wild Ambulance Appears

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I've read about 3 pages total since the game started (made up of me just popping in to see what's going on, nothing serious) but I see my slot was being voted. I have some thoughts on that but I'll see who wants to bring me up to speed first.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry ya'll. I just couldn't go through another game where I'm useless to town.
The game is naturally stressful, don't feel bad about taking care of yourself if you're not up to deal with it.

I will say, however, that the only way you're gonna get better at the game is to play it. You're not useless just because you're inexperienced. Hope to see you in another game.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I've read about 3 pages total since the game started (made up of me just popping in to see what's going on, nothing serious) but I see my slot was being voted. I have some thoughts on that but I'll see who wants to bring me up to speed first.

I voted for you for some weak questioning and weird moves while not offering a lot of reads back.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Chuggs has a role that can challenge people for money from Fanto.
Launch has softclaimed a power that has let him know Kyan is most likely town.
Faddy supported the idea of town pooling their money to wee.
Chuggs bought and used a N64 that activated night chat tonight
People seem to suspect mostly Faddy, Hawthorn and Launch at this point in the game. Faddy for the way he's playing, Hawthorn due to meta, and Launch for his recent vote on Hawthorn.
Blarg is broke and still tries to make bets.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Morning, I'll work on catching up.

Welcome to the fun house!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for you for some weak questioning and weird moves while not offering a lot of reads back.
I have two questions for you about this:

1. How is that mafia indicative, particularly on day 1? (Feel free to point to meaty topics that could have been discussed instead, as I haven't read)
2. How are the questions asked here different from the way Ambulance has approached previous games? Having mentored him twice, I know in fact that this accusation is something he has dealt with before - twice - as town.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
People seem to suspect mostly Faddy, Hawthorn and Launch at this point in the game. Faddy for the way he's playing, Hawthorn due to meta, and Launch for his recent vote on Hawthorn.
Oh, and ATP and F4A bought dice that claim to randomly redirect the target of whoever they use them on.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for this, gives me some idea of what's going on. That's... a lot of complications.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Ok, got busy at work so I didn't have time to pull quote everything like I wanted to. Of my remaining 3 initial suspects:

Reki - Going back through I feel pretty good about.

Faddy - The whole getting money to wee thing was really over the top. I don't like it but it also felt a little bit too much. Threw a lot of shade at Chugg that I can't really get behind but then also hasn't offered much of anything else.

ATP - Weak gut feel remains a weak gut feel, didn't pick up on much to verify that. I do note that he's really seemingly going to bat for Hawthorn, I mostly agree with the reasoning but seems to really be defending her.

For now:

Pop-Tart: Chugg

I don't think scum would be as brazen with a daytime command like that.

Vote: weemadarthur

Putting my vote here for now. I don't really like the money greediness and despite a brief spell in the middle of the day I don't think they have offered as much of substance. I still have about 2 hours before I leave for work today so I expect this vote might change but I'm not really feeling any of the current leaders (I guess I would default to Faddy if it gets down to it) but I kind of want to see if this goes anywhere.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I have two questions for you about this:

1. How is that mafia indicative, particularly on day 1? (Feel free to point to meaty topics that could have been discussed instead, as I haven't read)
2. How are the questions asked here different from the way Ambulance has approached previous games? Having mentored him twice, I know in fact that this accusation is something he has dealt with before - twice - as town.

It felt very coasty like Ambulance was struggling to get into the flow of the game and that is often scummy. By no means the only person but there is very little happening in this game. I only have mental notes of of few people who have made multiple reads. I can't tell you about Ambulance previous games.

if you want to say they were town and that is just how they play then fair enough.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
The Aeleus read was based on the play immediately before putting down that top town. Now that I am re-reading it (and I think they aren't here because of time zones) Aeleus is backed up my Launchpad and reviewing their bet its not as clear with Top Town. Maybe middling now.
I asked you to explain your town read of me so I'd like to point out that I don't understand this answer either

the backlash to chug scumreading faddy feels like a bunch of bull hockey

y'all will go along with anything, won'cha?

as long as someone says "tunnel" enough times you'll follow them off a cliff

like sheep
This post gives me bad vibes, too much certainty.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
VOTE: nin

I'm currently seeing myself defaulting to Faddy and I don't even have an updated opinion on him yet. I don't like the other two candidates and I am interested in pushing for alternatives. Reasons for nin in #1446.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It felt very coasty like Ambulance was struggling to get into the flow of the game and that is often scummy. By no means the only person but there is very little happening in this game. I only have mental notes of of few people who have made multiple reads. I can't tell you about Ambulance previous games.

if you want to say they were town and that is just how they play then fair enough.
Sure, but you had what, 24 people to vote? And you settled there.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I asked you to explain your town read of me so I'd like to point out that I don't understand this answer either
At the time I was town reading you but I think it was mostly frequency posting. You had burst posted right before I was asked so you were on my mind and I was thinking "yeah I like their posts". Since then its kinda mellowed a bit to "I don't think you are scum but I wouldn't definitely defend you as top town." Pretty sure you aren't scum though, just not sure exactly where you fall. Still have some doubts. But honestly questioning my read actually makes me think you are more town than less town.

Scum doesn't question a good read, they just accept it and move on, Town wonders "Hey what did I do to deserve this?"

Weemadarthur is still my top town though.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I love wee and all, but there's big trust to the point of people suggesting giving them a bunch of money - can I get some responses on that? I won't have much time today so I'd like information to build from for going forward if I'm still here. If it's helpful to flip this slot after all, then that's fine, too.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Hi zipped. I am coming back to these reads that I didn't like. And it isn't the scum reads that are the problem for me. it is the town reads.

Top Scum: Hawthorn and Launchpad are top scum for me right now. Its mostly based on being burned from last two games. maybe blarg, just because the bets seem like they are on brand, but the bets that were not allowed seemed off somehow.

town: you and Aeleus, maybe reki or Vincent Alexander at this point but like my third scum read i'm still developing reads.

Mostly throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, I guess?

i can see a difference of opinion on how we are reading reki but I literally have nothing on VA or Aeleus. And especially that early in the game so how come they were your top town?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I love wee and all, but there's big trust to the point of people suggesting giving them a bunch of money - can I get some responses on that? I won't have much time today so I'd like information to build from for going forward if I'm still here. If it's helpful to flip this slot after all, then that's fine, too.

Expensive items must be cool. wee was the first to ask for money iirc. Yes, that's the reason, seriously. Many considered it too much of a gamble (wee's alignment is unknown, scum could use this to funnel money, scum could have an item stealer or a money stealer so they'd prefer stacking items and cash on one person and in public). Faddy and Ambulance donated money to wee but some others also showed interest in the pooling idea in general.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this because of the potential green check if Launch is telling the truth or something else?

Oh I forgot to respond to this. Okay so we have two situations which could be at play here with Launch. Either he's town and he's telling the truth and we should believe him or he's scum and lying. If he's scum do we really think scum Launch is going to come out the gate and try to soft green check a teammate? I really don't think that's super likely.

Anyway, it's that and just look at Kyan. He seems to have his head screwed on straight, seems to be pretty widely town read, seems to be putting in serious work, but doesn't seem to be in a town lead role. Hasn't really gotten into it with anyone except for Launch kind of. That is a perfect night 1 low info kill. I would kill there if I was scum. We should protect him.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Expensive items must be cool. wee was the first to ask for money iirc. Yes, that's the reason, seriously. Many considered it too much of a gamble (wee's alignment is unknown, scum could use this to funnel money, scum could have an item stealer or a money stealer so they'd prefer stacking items and cash on one person and in public). Faddy and Ambulance donated money to wee but some others also showed interest in the pooling idea in general.
Oh, I thought my predecessor lost a bet - was that the basis of it?

Anyway, yeah, The Sorian Rule has taught me not to give my stuff to sneaky people without good reason, publicly or not so I'm not following my dear Ambulance on that.

Interesting that Faddy voted Ambulance after they agreed, though, will have to look at who was first and if it mattered. Faddy, I swear I'm not trying to tunnel you but you're everywhere I look so far!

Okay, uh... I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon so I will probably miss EoD. I will not have read, either. I'll do what I can, but I'll reiterate: no hard feelings if I'm the one to go, and if I'm not and survive, I'll try to get my bearings starting with d2. Doesn't usually take me much to catch up, even with a long thread.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I forgot to respond to this. Okay so we have two situations which could be at play here with Launch. Either he's town and he's telling the truth and we should believe him or he's scum and lying. If he's scum do we really think scum Launch is going to come out the gate and try to soft green check a teammate? I really don't think that's super likely.

Anyway, it's that and just look at Kyan. He seems to have his head screwed on straight, seems to be pretty widely town read, seems to be putting in serious work, but doesn't seem to be in a town lead role. Hasn't really gotten into it with anyone except for Launch kind of. That is a perfect night 1 low info kill. I would kill there if I was scum. We should protect him.
I actually agree with all of this. Just checking.

I also really don't like Faddy's vote on Ambulance. I'm keeping my vote on Hawthorn to keep tension between the two wagons, (and I'm sort of curious about her flip, just to see the effect on Launchpad) but I'll flip to Faddy if there's a possibility of a tie.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought my predecessor lost a bet - was that the basis of it?

Anyway, yeah, The Sorian Rule has taught me not to give my stuff to sneaky people without good reason, publicly or not so I'm not following my dear Ambulance on that.

Interesting that Faddy voted Ambulance after they agreed, though, will have to look at who was first and if it mattered. Faddy, I swear I'm not trying to tunnel you but you're everywhere I look so far!

Okay, uh... I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon so I will probably miss EoD. I will not have read, either. I'll do what I can, but I'll reiterate: no hard feelings if I'm the one to go, and if I'm not and survive, I'll try to get my bearings starting with d2. Doesn't usually take me much to catch up, even with a long thread.

It's okay you can chime in during the night thanks to my Nintendo power