• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought my predecessor lost a bet - was that the basis of it?

Anyway, yeah, The Sorian Rule has taught me not to give my stuff to sneaky people without good reason, publicly or not so I'm not following my dear Ambulance on that.

Interesting that Faddy voted Ambulance after they agreed, though, will have to look at who was first and if it mattered. Faddy, I swear I'm not trying to tunnel you but you're everywhere I look so far!

Okay, uh... I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon so I will probably miss EoD. I will not have read, either. I'll do what I can, but I'll reiterate: no hard feelings if I'm the one to go, and if I'm not and survive, I'll try to get my bearings starting with d2. Doesn't usually take me much to catch up, even with a long thread.

I came up with the idea and ambulance jumped on board soon after but they just kind of forgot about giving money to wee.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I actually agree with all of this. Just checking.

I also really don't like Faddy's vote on Ambulance. I'm keeping my vote on Hawthorn to keep tension between the two wagons, (and I'm sort of curious about her flip, just to see the effect on Launchpad) but I'll flip to Faddy if there's a possibility of a tie.

Maol who did you expect me to vote for? I don't find Hawthorn scummy and two people I do think are possible scum are voting for them.

I think kyan is town and ambulance was scummy.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get to my pc before placing a vote but I dislike both the Hawthorn and Launch trains. Hawthorn is a null to me and Launch's case against her read more like paranoia than anything significant. That + having not seen anything egregious from Launch doesn't exactly push him in his direction either.

I'd be cool with Faddy tbh. Also did not like nin, Reki, and Zipped during my catch up. Nin is not engaged or trying to figure out the game, Reki came off as oddly superfluous in their cases (going at Chuggs for being overreacting despite not scum reading Chuggs felt like projection), and Zipped never seemed to budge on his thoughts despite pages of activity.
I don't like how quiet the wagons are so

vote: ambulance
Why tho
Chuggs has a role that can challenge people for money from Fanto.
Launch has softclaimed a power that has let him know Kyan is most likely town.
Faddy supported the idea of town pooling their money to wee.
Chuggs bought and used a N64 that activated night chat tonight
People seem to suspect mostly Faddy, Hawthorn and Launch at this point in the game. Faddy for the way he's playing, Hawthorn due to meta, and Launch for his recent vote on Hawthorn.
Blarg is broke and still tries to make bets.
Wow, ok. That launch stuff would've been great to know beforehand. You got a link to that semi claim?
oh, I didn't realize you'd also replaced in! I figured you just passed and it came to me lol
Yup! Been here since yesterday. Just give me a heads up before you try to take my head off, k
How wholesome, the whole scheduling team coming together to catch up on a ridiculously busy game <3
\o/

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody also sees my logic here? I think I would be willing to vote "No Lynch" just for today.
Or, we could all just get better at Day One.
If i had no solid scum reads there's a chance I'd consider a no lunch, but not in this game, where i have a bunch.
😈
I don't really need an updated PIK list but I did notice that your vote is for A currently and not jman (who did show up) or nin and that the A vote was before this post even so what are your current thoughts on your K pick?
jman showed up and is participating And there's more from nin d1 than i remember ever seeing before. Whereas A showed back up in the last couple pages with a whole lot more nothing, I like my vote rn.
can I get some examples of past bastard games and the Lies told to give me a better idea.
there was one where the scum team tried to kill me and the second scum team saved me, and then the scum team killed me again only they janitored me so i looked like the meanie, and then someone maybe fanto made me a gif saying WEE WAS TOWN because i got a bad rep. It made me legit sad.
Has anyone asked this yet---can we give items to other players?
yes. No.
😱
A wild ambulance disappears
😈
I love wee and all, but there's big trust to the point of people suggesting giving them a bunch of money - can I get some responses on that? I won't have much time today so I'd like information to build from for going forward if I'm still here. If it's helpful to flip this slot after all, then that's fine, too.
Only faddy supported this.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be around for a couple of hours, but I will only be around intermittently around day end. Just a heads up.

Catching up, various topics inc.

I've been bothered by this nin so far, he ain't this serious that often. That and how he handled the Hawthorn / Launch thing makes me wish that I was a meta vigilante and that I could shoot him. He just looks at the Hawthorn votes but doesn't dive into the context: Hedin's vote was a placeholder and Maol had signaled that he wanted to vote for Hawthorn in order to determine if the hate against her was real. In Maol's case the vote even fully fits the said intention, but nin doesn't mention that. He votes for Launch after Launch votes for Hawthorn because Launch didn't open with this actual case. Why not wait for the case, why shade Launch like that? When Launch posts his case, the vote stays because the case was a nothingburger. Why is it a nothingburger and why is Launch, someone who had an argument, a better vote than the other three problematic Hawthorn votes? This all feels like scummy shade.
In the middle of some stuff here - hope to come back with a more developed vote/read on either him or someone else - but, at least until I read the case I asked him about;

Vote: nin

Agree with Kyan; nin shaded Launch for a vote without a case, but doesn't develop his own case too much either. That plus the feeling that he's been on the sidelines a bit, of which I'm not a fan of.

Fake edit:

Oh, Ambulance. Sorry to see you go, hope everything's alright.
VOTE: nin

I'm currently seeing myself defaulting to Faddy and I don't even have an updated opinion on him yet. I don't like the other two candidates and I am interested in pushing for alternatives. Reasons for nin in #1446.
I'm not sure about nin here. My gut was that all the folks that voted me in response to the Hawthorn thing were all town; I was waiting for someone to show up after them, especially as we were getting closer to day end and they'd want to press me for a roleclaim, but my train lost all steam after Pancakes' vote. in general, I agree with both of you, though - throwing shade like that is a scummy thing to do. It just feels NAI for nin.

I'm sorry ya'll. I just couldn't go through another game where I'm useless to town.
ah man, sorry to see you go! You weren't useless, though. You just need to see these things through.

Hate to break it to you, but you've accidentily signed up to a bastard game lol
There must be limits to the madness. Fanto can only be so cruel.

Hello, I've read about 3 pages total since the game started (made up of me just popping in to see what's going on, nothing serious) but I see my slot was being voted. I have some thoughts on that but I'll see who wants to bring me up to speed first.
Welcome, Monkey! I promise not to unduly suspect you this game :<

Anyway, it's that and just look at Kyan. He seems to have his head screwed on straight, seems to be pretty widely town read, seems to be putting in serious work, but doesn't seem to be in a town lead role. Hasn't really gotten into it with anyone except for Launch kind of. That is a perfect night 1 low info kill. I would kill there if I was scum. We should protect him.
I implied as much, but if it was just whatever it is I have here, I wouldn't rest on those laurels. But Kyan has been acting like his usual town self, and those two things together definitely give me confidence that what I have is correct.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Maol who did you expect me to vote for? I don't find Hawthorn scummy and two people I do think are possible scum are voting for them.

I think kyan is town and ambulance was scummy.
If your reasoning for the Ambulance vote was more substantial than a flimsy piece of paper, I wouldn't have minded it. But this,

They stand out for me for a couple of reasons. They have a lot of direct but not useful questions. Like asking about the voting tool, asking about the N64 asking for a PIK list from wee but not offering anyhting themselves. I think they were also a bit weird in giving wee money. At least I had a plan and will continue to push for the plan but it seems like they don't care. I don't think it means ambulance and wee are partners but I would feel worse about wee if Ambulance flips scum.

is nothing. It feels more like an attempt to push more votes on Ambulance and give that wagon legitmacy than a genuine scum read.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Lots of sus against poor Zipped but no votes. Who'll make the train go choo-choo I wonder, I wonder?

It feels like Zipped is playing the same way as he did last game that cause me to completely tunnel on him so I personally am a bit leery to dip my toe back in that well. For what it's worth it feels pretty much the same as his two previous town games.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If your reasoning for the Ambulance vote was more substantial than a flimsy piece of paper, I wouldn't have minded it. But this,

is nothing. It feels more like an attempt to push more votes on Ambulance and give that wagon legitmacy than a genuine scum read.

Yes? And what is your problem with that? I am going to be lynched if I get the most votes so convincing people that someone else is scum is good.

Maol you are saying I have no reason but you literally have no reasons for Hawthorn.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
wee are you surprised that no one else thinks you are townie enough for this scheme?
Surprised to be scum read by noobs?

no

The only person that bothers me for their read on me is zipped. Feels like a pocket attempt. I've seen weird-ass moves from town!zipped on day one where he flails around being weird to make fun for himself, and get voted out. I've seen useless day ones from town!zipped where he feels over his head. But i've never ONCE seen a town!zipped look this...fake. I think this fake zipped is scum!zipped. He's being participatory And ungenuine.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
for trying to get people to give money to wee?
I think this is the strongest case for Faddy, and the one I agree with the most:

At first it seemed like something town Faddy would do, but the more I think about it the less I'm sure of that. He's saying we give all our money to someone specific so they can buy the item, but he's not arguing for himself. That makes him come across as less suss in his proposal and I think that's by design. Someone floated the idea of an item steal and I think that makes sense because we're not allowed to see the inventory unless we try to buy something and purchases aren't announced to the thread. I think he's trying to get it in the hands of someone specific so scum knows where it is.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: Maolfunction

call it omgus or whatever you want but I think you are making a terrible push on me while keeping your options open. I don't think you have been overly townie and haven't done more than superficial solving.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Ugh.......

So the choice will be between Hawthorn and Faddy, huh?

Between the two, I don't see myself voting for Hawthorn. This train reeks of bruised ego. I didn't see any reason to have a real scum read on Hawthorn today.

I'm not super OK with a Faddy vote either. Like I already said, it bothers me that I can't reasonably tell if this money gathering thing is scum play or just weird play that backfired.

But between the two, I'll choose Faddy over Hawthorn.

VOTE: Faddy

A note about the Launchpad vote train. After consideration this train doesn't feel right, there's definitely something off about it, but I can't offer a more substantial explanation about this feeling at the moment. Even if Launch's defense didn't really convinced me... To be continued. I'll keep an eye out about what happens with this train for sure.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Ok before this gets out of hand I am just going to claim.

i am a 1 shot vigilante. We can talk about who you want me to shoot in the night phase

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, ok. That launch stuff would've been great to know beforehand. You got a link to that semi claim?
Here you go:

It bears mentioning since everyone got lost in the excitement of poker and gambling - why yes, I did choose Kyanrute for a reason! Thank you for asking. No, I will not be taking more questions at this time, but you should revisit this post if anything happens to me.
1) You must know already, even when I'm scum, there's always at least an ounce of truth to what I am saying. That said, no, I promise you'll have a good explanation.
2) Quite the opposite of shade, actually. I'm comfortable saying I am 95% certain Kyanrute is town.

i am a 1 shot vigilante. We can talk about who you want me to shoot in the night phase
uhhh we will? So not a day vig, then?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
It feels like Zipped is playing the same way as he did last game that cause me to completely tunnel on him so I personally am a bit leery to dip my toe back in that well. For what it's worth it feels pretty much the same as his two previous town games.

I personally wouldn't go that far yet but I can see that being my eventual conclusion on the matter. I don't feel I've seen enough of him to decide yet.

turmoil7

Community Resettler - Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
My shitty connection keeps going down, I see ambulance subbed out and faddy claiming vigilante, so uhh

Faddy don't shot me, I was kidding about hammering you

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy if you're telling the truth don't poll us, just take the shot on a scum read. Scum doesn't need to know where it's going

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
you know I'm going to study your posts real hard, right
you wouldn't be the first one this game
I wouldn't say nin isn't engaged, to me it feels like he's more engaged than usual. He was apart of that chain of Launch votes early this (calendar) day but yes I can agree that maybe he hasn't been a solver yet.
he's engaged but only on a surface level. there's a proactive nin that can hunt for scum and then there's the reactive nin that just goes with the flow. the latter is here right now.
Lots of sus against poor Zipped but no votes. Who'll make the train go choo-choo I wonder, I wonder?
tempted but i feel stronger about Faddy
for trying to get people to give money to wee?
Nah, I didn't know about that until recently. His posts just feel reserved? Like he isn't going all out for some reason. His theory about Chuggs earlier too just kept sitting in my mind and the more I thought about it the more I kinda dislike it? Normally a town Faddy would go all in on weird theories to find Scum but this one on Chuggs feels like he was trying to mimic that but couldn't push it far enough to scum read Chuggs for it so he had to come to the Town conclusion. aka, manufactured. This current Maol push and vote read the same as well.

Vote: Faddy

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
It means that since my predecessor had collected votes, it's reasonable that this slot may be the one flipped today and I am not going to stand against that because I've read almost nothing and what am I gonna say? If it helps solve, do whatever.

What did you think it meant?
I am tryingb
It means that since my predecessor had collected votes, it's reasonable that this slot may be the one flipped today and I am not going to stand against that because I've read almost nothing and what am I gonna say? If it helps solve, do whatever.

What did you think it meant?
I am clarifying That your saying it's fine to vote for you because in my Limited experience people who say stuff like this is almost always Scum talking some bullshit.

VOTE:Dr. Monkey

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seem scummy
Aeleus
turmoil7
Zippedpinhead

light scum lean
Reki
Swneeks
LaunchpadMcQ
Faddy
Nin

light town lean
Stantastic
TheChuggernaut
Vincent Alexander
Conditional-Pancakes
MrHedin
AllThingsPurple

null
Fat4all
Lone_Prodigy
Blargonaut
Hawthorn

strong town lean
A Wild Ambulance Appears/monkey
rac
Maolfunction
Kyanrute

not voting day1
Funky
jman1954goat

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Yes? And what is your problem with that? I am going to be lynched if I get the most votes so convincing people that someone else is scum is good.

Maol you are saying I have no reason but you literally have no reasons for Hawthorn.
I have a problem with pushing votes on a train that I think yields very little good info for town.

I said I'm curious to see the effects of the flip on Launchpad, and to a smaller extent Zipped. And, sure, myself too, but I already know my alignment.

Who would you kill?

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I forgot to respond to this. Okay so we have two situations which could be at play here with Launch. Either he's town and he's telling the truth and we should believe him or he's scum and lying. If he's scum do we really think scum Launch is going to come out the gate and try to soft green check a teammate? I really don't think that's super likely.

Anyway, it's that and just look at Kyan. He seems to have his head screwed on straight, seems to be pretty widely town read, seems to be putting in serious work, but doesn't seem to be in a town lead role. Hasn't really gotten into it with anyone except for Launch kind of. That is a perfect night 1 low info kill. I would kill there if I was scum. We should protect him.
Let's say Kyanrute was taken to lunch---wouldn't that help town in confirming Launch is town? I do think it's a bit bold to come right out the gate with that kind of attention from Launch if they were scum. I could go either way on my poptart----Launch or Kyanrute.

Kill: Faddy
Protect: Launch or Kyanrute
Investigate: Launch

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh.......

So the choice will be between Hawthorn and Faddy, huh?

Between the two, I don't see myself voting for Hawthorn. This train reeks of bruised ego. I didn't see any reason to have a real scum read on Hawthorn today.

I'm not super OK with a Faddy vote either. Like I already said, it bothers me that I can't reasonably tell if this money gathering thing is scum play or just weird play that backfired.

But between the two, I'll choose Faddy over Hawthorn.

VOTE: Faddy

A note about the Launchpad vote train. After consideration this train doesn't feel right, there's definitely something off about it, but I can't offer a more substantial explanation about this feeling at the moment. Even if Launch's defense didn't really convinced me... To be continued. I'll keep an eye out about what happens with this train for sure.
Just want to point out that I dislike this reasoning? In fact there have been a good amount of Pancakes' posts that have rubbed me the wrong way but I figured I was more disagreeing with the conclusion than the actual content itself. However, this one just feels like a weak excuse to jump on to a popular train. What doesn't feel right about Launch's train?

Hm.

If you were not forced to claim when were you going to use your shot
VOTE:nin

always a safe bet
Turm why do you always make posts that seem so scummy.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I am tryingb
I am clarifying That your saying it's fine to vote for you because in my Limited experience people who say stuff like this is almost always Scum talking some bullshit.

VOTE:Dr. Monkey
You could, if you'd like, go look at the three MU games I just played where I was town all three times, and said this when relevant, including when I was a replacement coming in with a lot of votes on me, or you could just roll with your generalization. It's up to you, my dude.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say Kyanrute was taken to lunch---wouldn't that help town in confirming Launch is town? I do think it's a bit bold to come right out the gate with that kind of attention from Launch if they were scum. I could go either way on my poptart----Launch or Kyanrute.

Kill: Faddy
Protect: Launch or Kyanrute
Investigate: Launch

No it wouldn't confirm him. Scum Launch could be lying in a pocket attempt on Kyan

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I didn't know about that until recently. His posts just feel reserved? Like he isn't going all out for some reason. His theory about Chuggs earlier too just kept sitting in my mind and the more I thought about it the more I kinda dislike it? Normally a town Faddy would go all in on weird theories to find Scum but this one on Chuggs feels like he was trying to mimic that but couldn't push it far enough to scum read Chuggs for it so he had to come to the Town conclusion. aka, manufactured. This current Maol push and vote read the same as well.

Vote: Faddy
whats your opinion that some of the people voting for faddy are also voting to save jman tonight?
any scum trying to just hop on a wagon?

if i got you right you were saying scum!jman wouldnt pop into the thread trying to control the items right?
why would scum!faddy at the start of the game try to control the flow of the money?

Oct 26, 2017
No it wouldn't confirm him. Scum Launch could be lying in a pocket attempt on Kyan
I guess confirm is too strong of a word. It would make me feel better about Launch...if I were to feel that coming out the gate with the claim is too bold for scum. I absolutely still think Launchpad needs investigated tonight.

Before I tell you how wrong you are, did you MEAN let's say kyanrute is night killed by mafia and just typed the wrong words?
You are very correct. Wrong words! It's been too long.

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Reki

Reki was probably my second highest scum read so I'll go here for now. Really not feeling Launch or Hawthorn and would rather not kill them.

Also Faddy you're probably getting blocked tonight, so keep that in mind. Willing to let you prove yourself though.