• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
No. you always claim as vigilante. If someone else is vigilante they don't even have to counter claim me, they can just shoot me in the night.
Mmm, this is a whole ass pile of assumptions about the design. Why would there be another vigilante necessarily? Why wouldn't there be five vigilantes? Who knows. It's a bastard game.

But a night vig claim, since my guess - that you didn't refute that I've seen - is that it's not public or instant, which means you can call it a "vig" but it could be a scum kill, a third party kill, etc. So no, I don't think it's always true that you claim as a vig or that it's always a clear or good or "always" anything. What it is:

-is a claim early enough that it can be discussed
-ia a claim that positions you in a gray area
-is a claim for an action that often results in a dead townie

that's it. I don't see how it swings the needle on you either way. It puts information out into the thread for discussion and that's good, but that's it.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This part in particular is very interesting

The following are items you may place in the Store:
Hated (Werehog) - $500 (Banana Tier) - Player is told they have bought Loved status for the day
Universal Miller (Visor) - $1000 (Banana Tier) - Player is told they have bought a Bulletproof Vest
Insane Cop (Solaire Plush) - $2000 (Strawberry Tier) - Player is told they have bought a Normal Cop shot
Vanillaizer (Hammer of Hype) - $3000 (C&C Tier) - Player is told they have bought a Motivator shot
Bomb (Huge Bag of Candy) - $5000 (Marshmallow Clover Tier) - Player will just be told that they have bought a huge bag of candy and need to use it to find out what it does

Thanks for whoever did it since we got rid of a potential clustefuck

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I'm super sticking to Hawthorn now. Faddy may have been trying to protect her and him by attempting to swing votes to Ambulance.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We can verify the vig claim as long as we don't have multiple nights with two or more kills. Then we can figure if it's likely town or scum analyzing the balance of the game with more flips. Killing Faddy today is bad play.
I've already said earlier on that killing Faddy today isn't the greatest idea. Now that he's claimed, it's even less of a good idea as long as Faddy is upfront about what he's planning. If he doesn't want to be upfront, then town should kill him because I don't see why a town vig wouldn't be upfront with town.
Y'all don't look so good rn lol

Oct 26, 2017
UK
My concern about faddys claim is say he is scum but he doesn't get lynched because he's claimed someone else gets lynched that's town, then he "accidentally" shoots another town player at night.

We can't prove his shot wasn't just a bad read and the role alone doesn't seem to clear him as town

That just seems like a massive red flag to me but maybe I'm missing something obvious

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all don't look so good rn lol
Not that I'm suspecting Chugg necessarily, but in the interest of not having a blindspot, throw him on that list too:

I'm not too worried about him proving it. Scum could pull some hydro cannon nonsense, but if we see two kills and Faddy claims one and no one else does he's probably telling the truth. If he was a day vig I would be less confident in it being a town roll, but I don't think scum has a double kill.

Well it's bastard so who knows, but it would make me feel a lot better about Faddy

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
And now that he got revealed, there is a good chance that scum have an additional kill. He might've planned to use that as soft proof for his role. Nothing surprising really if that ends up being the case.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Hawthorn and him were the leading wagons. Why doesn't scum!Faddy just vote Hawthorn to keep himself alive instead of trying to start a wagon on a player who had one vote on them when he voted there.
This is a good point. I'm still hesitant to go for Hawthorn because I really don't feel like I've got a anything on them but this is a solid point.,
And now that he got revealed, there is a good chance that scum have an additional kill. He might've planned to use that as soft proof for his role. Nothing surprising really if that ends up being the case.
Also good point to keep in mind.

Oct 25, 2017
Do Game Runners ever have panic attacks where they second guess if they forgot to take the rest of the scum team out of the PM?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Now back to your regularly scheduled recap
Okay, yeah, you're right. There's not really anything there. Not sure if scum yet, but this could be an option.
I was making a post about how it was annoying how you asked Wee to show you her work but then didn't show your own but now your basically cleared so nevermind.

But instead of doing that, you're pushing back against the suspicion from a single player.
Serious question if hypothetically you saw someone vote you while you were doing a recap would you, knowing you're town, not want to have a discussion over the reasons why?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so Dr Moneky has just become super town read.

Pop-Tart: Dr Monkey
why btw

In fact, there are a few people who pushed me to town and I'm curious why but I gotta go! GOOD LUCK, TEAM, I guess I'll see you in the night phase? Nice work, vig, d1 MVP for sure lol

someone figure out why Faddy wanted wee to have the $$$ since it's not a guaranteed thing with his role
also push jman to explain himself because his Faddy vote looks shady but it also broke a tie, so ????

bye dudes

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
why btw

In fact, there are a few people who pushed me to town and I'm curious why but I gotta go! GOOD LUCK, TEAM, I guess I'll see you in the night phase? Nice work, vig, d1 MVP for sure lol

someone figure out why Faddy wanted wee to have the $$$ since it's not a guaranteed thing with his role
also push jman to explain himself because his Faddy vote looks shady but it also broke a tie, so ????

bye dudes
Faddy tried to start a wagon on Ambulance. The odds of him trying to lunch town are far higher than him trying to bus a teammate there.