Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, sorry for the meltdown above, under a lot of stress IRL right now and let that get to me while trying to play the game. My bad, no hard feelings hopefully.
Also if we're gonna get weirdly meta with it:

Fantomas, you were the last person to post before Fran died, within the same minute, in fact. But then you went back and replied to rac instead of incorporating it into the post that was only a couple of posts before yours. Since you posted after the please wait I assume you were compiling the former before you refreshed the page. But that would also mean that you'd have to have posted again after the okay was given by Aeleus, which means you would've seen what happened to Fran but you still chose to section off the posts that were a reply to rac and your reaction. That doesn't seem...like you.
Let's look at the timeline:
Would Not Vote Today:
Stan
Loki
Soneji
Zeke
Stu
Fran
Bae
Turm
Rac
Nin
Wee

Would Consider Voting Today:
Z-Beat
AB

Would Vote Today:
Sparks
Kits
Kalor
Kopite
LP
Coolest

These are not ordered in any particular way other than where they appear on the player list. Ask if you want to know more of my thoughts on anyone.

Now give me a little bit to actually put myself together and then I should be around for most of the rest of the day. I have a few errands to take care of, but I will definitely be here for EoD.

For now:

Vote: LP

Too quiet even for him, not enough hot takes, Meta is telling me that means he's Scum.
Thoughts on Sparks, AB and Z-Beat?

who would your second and third choices be after LP?
Hmm 7 hours left.

I thought Fran had more votes but he's only at 2 right now. He seems like normal town Fran to me, frustrated at the glacial pace of this game. Scum Fran cares less.

Kits and Fran aren't scum together. Kits jumping around and that OMGUS vote seems too obvious.
does this really feel like my usual playstyle?
Sparks had been trying to push things on Turmoil but never really explained much why. He had said something about Turm jumping at joke votes and shouted out AB, but I don't actually know what he's talking about because he didn't give me any quotes when I asked for them. It feels like he was trying to grasp for something to talk about to seem like he's Town. Then he just started pushing forth my read of the Fran/Soneji interaction instead of following his own leads.

AB, I don't really have a Meta on him since when I saw him as Scum he was still pretty much like he was as Town. I'd consider a vote there today for now just because he hasn't said much that has stuck out to me, kind of under the radar, but I want to see more from him.

Z-Beat spam posted about Death Stranding when I tagged him, likely to get himself to 10 posts. When he did start posting about the game, he brought up the people voting for Fran, but instead was talking about people who had already unvoted from him and pretty much ignored any of the things I had brought up around him. It could just be him not paying much attention, but I also expect him to have unique thoughts when he's Town and haven't seen many yet.

Probably Sparks and Kits.
Fran has died!

Day Continues
What the fuck. Why kill Fran? Why use that power on D1?

WHY??????
giphy.gif
It actually doesn't now that you mention it, no, but I feel like I've been kind of off so far as well with the general joking phase of the day lasting a lot longer than normal.

Has anything stuck out to you yet? I'm always interested to hear your thoughts (even though I don't expect you to show your work lol).
WAIT WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!?!?
I made my post, saw Stu's, then spent time replying to him. When I made the reply, I saw Rac had quoted me, the page was not fully refreshed, it said "there are other posts" or whatever above that and did not see Aeleus's post. I responded to Rac before full refreshing, something I don't usually do, but since it was a direct quote of me I just went with it. Then I saw everything else that had happened after I quoted Rac.
Everyone who was here, talking, and failed to notice the modpost of PLEASE WAIT and then seem surprised that someone got shot all look suspicious to me
See above.
I read the arguments but I found them unconvincing. It looked like busywork. And the timing of your vote was suspicious to me, which *I* am pointing out on D1 because it looks odd to me, therefore you should support this conversation if you're also town.
granted.

Honestly, you've got me there. But I put him mentally on a list of "ok, give them one free day phase" and it's hard for my mind to switch tracks on a dime.

If this small pushback has already moved you to meltdown mode, please do take a break. *hugs*
We've never argued like this before, I feel bad.

but no, it's NOT easy to defend weird gambit players. Nothing I do makes me look quite as scummy to most players as when I defend stuff lol.
Yeah, sorry, I blew up earlier and shouldn't have.

Yeah, that all makes sense. I wouldn't say I was doing busywork, more that I was just looking for anything game related to talk about because the joke posting wasn't really stopping yet and I felt we needed to get a move on. And yeah, fair on the defending not being as easy.

------

So Coolest is just straight up claiming as a Neutral now? I have a general rule that I like to keep handy: Only a Neutral or Scum would claim as a Neutral, and neither are on Town's side.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Back. Read over things for the most part. I just can't believe me and cs just so happened to use our powers at the same time on the same person. With the way cs plays I can see him doing this claim as scum or town, but at some point he dropped the gambit when he was town. Like in brexit wn I claimed bomb defuser due to a gambit cs did. When I claimed he dropped the gambit. Idk what his play is here.
Vote: Coolestspot

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it might go Fran's way but I didn't expect the vig shot. I expected a bunch of off the record suspicions followed by ON the record suspicions followed by an EoD bandwagon. I got 2 out of 3 right.
I'm so sorry I tunneled on you in SU Z-Beat. XD
images

I made my post, saw Stu's, then spent time replying to him. When I made the reply, I saw Rac had quoted me, the page was not fully refreshed, it said "there are other posts" or whatever above that and did not see Aeleus's post. I responded to Rac before full refreshing, something I don't usually do, but since it was a direct quote of me I just went with it. Then I saw everything else that had happened after I quoted Rac.
In order for this to be true you would have had to have gone back twice. Once when you replied to Stu and once when you went back to check Rac's quote.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Anyways, while lunching CS might be the best way to clear up Zeke at this point and his own claim, I'm not really feeling voting there because he already has plenty of votes on him at this point.

Instead I'll propose an alternative train Vote: Funky Dude Sparks.

It's kind of hilariously really. I started the day with this vote, and i even said I was probably not going to vote here because he seemed like an easy target, but that vote on CS just now and the facts given by Fran (may he rest in peace) before his death have given me enough reason to vote there for now at least.

Hell, Fran pointed out that when he's scum he worries about how others read him while he doesn't when he's town and he made this post

What have I done supposedly to get me lunched?

When I was the only vote on him and others were merely talking about wanting him out at some point when he's hard to read.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it might go Fran's way but I didn't expect the vig shot. I expected a bunch of off the record suspicions followed by ON the record suspicions followed by an EoD bandwagon. I got 2 out of 3 right.

images

In order for this to be true you would have had to have gone back twice. Once when you replied to Stu and once when you went back to check Rac's quote.
No, I mean I posted to Stu, and saw Rac's post a couple posts above that and then immediately started responding to that too. I never left the page.

turmoil7

Community Resettler - Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
When I was voting for Bae he voted me, seemed an attempt at distraction, and also I get the mansion vibes when he was scum, although I am not sure I can put it into words
Now I can put it into words, his reactions this game remind me of his outrage at town!godfather claiming watcher on the mansion mafia, doubling down until it was untenable keeping the tunnel

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, I mean I posted to Stu, and saw Rac's post a couple posts above that and then immediately started responding to that too. I never left the page.
I got that, but the screen would've refreshed if you accessed the quote with the notification. In order for you to have seen it without the page refreshing, you would have had to have scrolled up, unless I'm not getting something
You know what? I deserve that.
I'm just messing with ya...mostly...
3hby0z.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think we may be able to figure it out with this: Who was more likely to die out of the two? Zeke or CS. Both had a bunch of potential joke kills against them (including mine because I'm still bitter, Zeke), but if you had to guess based off of what's been said so far, who would have been more willing to throw themselves under the bus? Fant is right in that CS is a loose cannon, but at the same time I've never not been burned by one of Zeke's claims

rac

Oct 25, 2017
am i just not understanding it?
you trying to say that whoever killed fran is scum with fanto?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Soneji, Rac and nin were the first ones to really go for Fran over the "scum team size" post. The Soneji/rac exchange feels weird:

The number's are what you first care about here, not the reasoning? Not why he has you there?
Well, focusing on policy lynch talk certainly isn't the way to fight against being scumread.
sure but i feel like i was hardly the only one

it just feels kind of unnecessary. Like Soneji is talking about Fran being on the list and then rac's post is basically "no need to defend me I got this", but... Soneji wasn't? Like what

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Like the way I play this game is I always read what has been posted before I post most of the time (sometimes I let one new post go if I want to make my post first), but obviously I know not everyone does that. XD

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't access the quote with the notification. I accessed it by seeing it on the page right after I responded to Stu. I love this line of questioning though lol.
Gotta press everything. You've played Phoenix Wright and LA Noire, you know this

this is basically the game right now
82fw919vpp9z.png

i really don't see how any of that zbeat post makes fanto scum
I'm trying to determine how fanto would act if he was forced to make stuff up instead of just reporting facts. I don't have enough experience with scum fanto, so it's important that I overanalyze everything

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Like the way I play this game is I always read what has been posted before I post most of the time (sometimes I let one new post go if I want to make my post first), but obviously I know not everyone does that. XD
my tendency to make big multi-quote posts means making each post takes longer, so I basically ignore the "there's more posts" thing.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
my tendency to make big multi-quote posts means making each post takes longer, so I basically ignore the "there's more posts" thing.
There's only been a few times where I posted before I had fully caught up (as since I want to actually sleep, sometimes I sleep in closer to day end and then have to quickly read before it's over LOL) but one time I did that and it turned out they had turboed and the mods told me to go to sleep, so just on policy now i always make sure the day is still happening at the very least before I post. XD

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Soneji, Rac and nin were the first ones to really go for Fran over the "scum team size" post. The Soneji/rac exchange feels weird:

it just feels kind of unnecessary. Like Soneji is talking about Fran being on the list and then rac's post is basically "no need to defend me I got this", but... Soneji wasn't? Like what

this post feels weird

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
TOWN
Zeke
Z-Beat
Loki
Wee
Turm
Rac

Soneji
Bae
Stu
Stan
Nin
AB
Kalor
Kits

Sparks
Kopite
LP
Coolest
SCUM

Current feels.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'll drop the act

I lied about the role. There are elements that are true (chest, character, alignment), but the rest was fabricated. I'm bad at game balance, so couldn't even have good cover lie, but wtf would I tell you my roles win condition if I wanna win.

I'm trying to be better game player, and this will probably get me killed, but might as well put it out there.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'll drop the act

I lied about the role. There are elements that are true (chest, character, alignment), but the rest was fabricated. I'm bad at game balance, so couldn't even have good cover lie, but wtf would I tell you my roles win condition if I wanna win.

I'm trying to be better game player, and this will probably get me killed, but might as well put it out there.
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
In my book it is still early in the game, sometimes the game moves faster than others. no need to panic....or is that a fake panik....a hidden player that tries to forces into paniking, thinking that they should...you take the backseat and let everyone else eat itself alive ?

Not a good look in my book Fran. You can do better and saying such things will get you on my list.
Sorry i mean saying such things GOT you on my list.
Hermano. You ARE on the list.
thats a good list.
See everyone ? You dont have to force down thoughts on every player this early in the game. Just put down your thoughts on those that you really have a feel for. Not saying that i agree with the list itself ( since i just came back), but the way it was done pleases me.
*love over*

will make myself a tea now and wait for further replies.
He made a list. (thats something)
He did not include everyone, only those that he felt are right to be mentioned ( thats something )

yet here we are.
you complained that we are still in the joke phase
Stu creates a list in order to open up and put his thoughts out in the open and then you complain about that aswell ?
Not sure what you want. But whatever it is, decide on it.
I can do better when there Is something to work with. The only thing we had at that time was that Fanto's post. I don't understand what you want: you say that is still early but the complain that I can do better than this. I can't work with something that Is not there.

What are you talking about?? I never complained about Stu's list. The only thing that I said Is that the scum team was too small.
Nin and Fran have a back and forth that just fades off. I really didn't have any issues with Fran's post. It was almost mechanics discussion, which isn't really abnormal for early on discussion. I may have skimmed over a post, but it looks like the back and forth stops with Fran's post there. Doesn't really feel great from Nin, honestly.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'll drop the act

So wait, are you at least still claiming neutral? I mean, not really sure anyone's shocked at this "reveal", but if you're town I'm not sure why you'd admit any of this.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'll drop the act

Yeah, so you're a Neutral then, right? Did any of the reactions in particular during all of this gambit stick out to you as being from a possible Scum player who already knew you weren't one of them?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, are you at least still claiming neutral? I mean, not really sure anyone's shocked at this "reveal", but if you're town I'm not sure why you'd admit any of this.
Because I want to work with yall, find the killers, and win? I thought being this upfront would be more helpful then a made up cloudly role that ruins guesses about game balance, and admitadly, gets me killed.

I mean I'm still likely dying but now I'm 100 with the doopity doo so...

rac

Oct 25, 2017
see i always wish i had the guts to pull off a fake claim like this
but then i imagine really bad things will happen to town, so i just don't

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also I just want to say, I love how this game went from having just shit tons of joke posts when I went to bed last night, to all of a sudden having all of this stuff to talk about lol.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm back now andbw
Nin and Fran have a back and forth that just fades off. I really didn't have any issues with Fran's post. It was almost mechanics discussion, which isn't really abnormal for early on discussion. I may have skimmed over a post, but it looks like the back and forth stops with Fran's post there. Doesn't really feel great from Nin, honestly.

Sorry but he said Stu was shit posting it was not a good look. Just because he died and turned out to be town does not mean now that the way I reacted is a bad look.

I stay by my words.

Won't be here for EoD.

Coolest seems to be the one to get lunched.
I have nothing against that.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so you're a Neutral then, right? Did any of the reactions in particular during all of this gambit stick out to you as being from a possible Scum player who already knew you weren't one of them?
Funky hiding then jumping on me
Kopite does same

Basically those that hid then came and jumped on voting me without any explanation. Kopite tried to add some line of reasoning at least.

Stuart is too good a player for what he pulled. My role made no sense game balanced wise and he's usually ace at spotting that stuff, but this time was thrown off cause I had a really good scobby doo type flavoring? Nah. It also doesn't make sense for scum to protect me, the move would be to kill me, see I wasn't lying, then go kill Zeke, yada yada. Or maybe theyre protecting Zeke cause I still haven't fucking wrapped my head around what happened? Either way, him protecting me doesn't make sense as scum's main goal would be to train me, and have a few moved on other votes so people can't just vote whoever killed me.

But at that logic, I'm saying "Voting against killing me makes you not scum", which is my basis clearly kicking in. Maybe they want me as an agent of chaos, fuck if I know. I'm doing some shit right now outside this costume party, but I'm rushing so I can get back and post thoughts before day end.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Z-Beat cause he theorized me and zeke having a goal together which makes more sense then not, and then also I think had the wildest meta take on Fanta between the "warning please wait" shit.

But also, every post trying to read players reacting around "warning" is dumb as hell when the pages don't post in real time, and enough people posted we were on second page before we saw warning, then dead body showed up during the party in front of us IIRC.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but he said Stu was shit posting it was not a good look. Just because he died and turned out to be town does not mean now that the way I reacted is a bad look.
That list was a 100% ass pull shitpost that was never meant to go anywhere, even by Stu's own admission:

I AM the reasoning!

(okay I'll try and stop the joking now. :P)

I can't tell if you're willing to die on a joke hill, or if it's just a really bad pocket attempt.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like Z-Beat cause he theorized me and zeke having a goal together which makes more sense then not, and then also I think had the wildest meta take on Fanta between the "warning please wait" shit.

But also, every post trying to read players reacting around "warning" is dumb as hell when the pages don't post in real time, and enough people posted we were on second page before we saw warning, then dead body showed up during the party in front of us IIRC.
I had a theory on one of you having a goal to kill the other. I did have a "They're both scum" theory but that would require the vig being a scumrole, though if it was true we'd have a Maple Street part 2 on our hands.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard that before lol 🙄
I can't remember if you're usually this dismissive, but then I remember you're an emotional poster like me (no heat directed your way), and what happened with you and Geno where I was able to use that.

I had a theory on one of you having a goal to kill the other. I did have a "They're both scum" theory but that would require the vig being a scumrole, though if it was true we'd have a Maple Street part 2 on our hands.
oh, sorry, again reading through shit while doing other shit and must of misunderstand. thanks for correcting me. What was MS?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nin is a NINE INCH NAILS reference right?

I've always wanted to ask, but I need it publicly on the record.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
oh, sorry, again reading through shit while doing other shit and must of misunderstand. thanks for correcting me. What was MS?
We had one of our scum plant a message on a town who then coincidentally had an action that coincided with the message, giving a town confirmation to one of our scum's fake role claims while the rest of us continued to reek havoc among town, leading to our single remaining scum riding that green check to a win.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
How many times am I going to have to relive Maple Street? It really was the Twilight Zone lol.