Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Maolfunction has died!

zM6UvII.gif

Welcome to Super Mario Mafia!

You are Bowser, a Bodyguard.

70T9xKv.png

During the night, you can send me a PM with the command PROTECT: <Player name> to protect a player from a kill attempt. If that player is attacked, you will die in their place instead. You cannot choose the same target consecutively, and you cannot choose yourself.

You are aligned with Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

You can find the game thread here.

Please reply to this message to confirm you received it.

DAY 3 BEGINS

Vote Tool:

Majority is 4

Reminder: We are moving to 24 hour day phases now.

Day 3 will end in:
qgtw8dkjr0

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Maol. Possible he protected and died, wonder if he sorted his targets in advance. Honestly though I think it's likely he was just the actual target.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I would've expected Maol to be the night kill target over Natiko or Verelios (maybe).

Then again, he probably would've protected Natiko N1, being the most widely town read player. Hmm...

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
My town reads have been pretty on point so far, so I'm not really interested in rehashing yesterday. I felt then, and continue to feel, that the leading wagons were probably town.

VOTE: Z-Beat

You have spent all game on the sidelines, you have resisted giving definitive reads, and opted to not pursue the ones you did have at other times. Tell me what your thoughts are now Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My town reads have been pretty on point so far, so I'm not really interested in rehashing yesterday. I felt then, and continue to feel, that the leading wagons were probably town.

You have spent all game on the sidelines, you have resisted giving definitive reads, and opted to not pursue the ones you did have at other times. Tell me what your thoughts are now Z-Beat
I'm still on the coolest murder wagon

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017

We ought to be looking at Z-Beat and Jman more closely today. They were both off wagon, and there was no movement towards day end to protect Uzzy and myself. Z-Beat in particular was resistant on sharing any thoughts on the two lead wagons, likely because it would point back to him when either one of us flipped. Z-Beat going back to D1 has been providing basically nothing in terms of reads.

Jman I have more difficulty reading because he was purposely and loudly staying off the wagons, but that's also just been his style from the beginning of the game.

Neither one looks great coming out of that.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Alexem seemed to question Maol's more than Brazil's and Launchpad questioned Brazil's, while Maol dismissed launchpad's

There's clearly a chain in there somewhere and after this one it might help to probe that chain more
Maol is dead, Alexem is dead and launch almost died yesterday. You got a flip yesterday, so where are you on this chain today.

Straight up, don't talk about Coolest. I want to hear your other thoughts.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Well for starters Coolest already threw you for a loop D1 and was suspected by the neutral who is now dead

But I'd also like to know your readlist right now besides me. Because something seems...wrong
Same to you z-beat I would love to see a readlist from you we have gotten almost nothing from you this game there are only 7 people left time for you in-actives to step up and help town

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maol is dead, Alexem is dead and launch almost died yesterday. You got a flip yesterday, so where are you on this chain today.

Straight up, don't talk about Coolest. I want to hear your other thoughts.
Same to you z-beat I would love to see a readlist from you we have gotten almost nothing from you this game there are only 7 people left time for you in-actives to step up and help town
Give me 20 minutes, putting it together rn

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Well for starters Coolest already threw you for a loop D1 and was suspected by the neutral who is now dead

But I'd also like to know your readlist right now besides me. Because something seems...wrong
And Maol died saying it was Launch and Vere, but you don't seem to care about that at all.

Town
Vere
Launch

Lean Town
Coolest

Null
Brazil

Scum
Z-Beat
Jman

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
We ought to be looking at Z-Beat and Jman more closely today. They were both off wagon, and there was no movement towards day end to protect Uzzy and myself. Z-Beat in particular was resistant on sharing any thoughts on the two lead wagons, likely because it would point back to him when either one of us flipped. Z-Beat going back to D1 has been providing basically nothing in terms of reads.

Jman I have more difficulty reading because he was purposely and loudly staying off the wagons, but that's also just been his style from the beginning of the game.

Neither one looks great coming out of that.
I have to agree with this. The only other thing I would add is Brazil being indecisive yesterday with wanting to boye Coolest but landing on Uzzy makes me feel like I want to hear concrete reads from him. No graphs.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Maybe this can help clear your
And Maol died saying it was Launch and Vere, but you don't seem to care about that at all.

Town
Vere
Launch

Lean Town
Coolest

Null
Brazil

Scum
Z-Beat
Jman
Uzzy, Coolestspot, Luanchpad If im correct you believed all three to be town yesterday can you order them from most town to least town.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Town
Vere
Launch

Lean Town
Coolest

Null
Brazil

Scum
Z-Beat
Jman
That's what I thought, but I do have a thought though:

Your logic path hinges on jman pushing for me, brazil, and coolest but also having me push for coolest, which seems stupid from a scum team perspective.

You've done a lot of deflecting for Coolest but all of it's more or less fallen under "I'd rather this person." That's the mafia equivalent of a strawman, Nat. Why do you think Coolest is town in a way that doesn't involve you deflecting onto anyone else?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this can help clear your

Uzzy, Coolestspot, Luanchpad If im correct you believed all three to be town yesterday can you order them from most town to least town.
Launch
Uzzy
Coolest

That's what I thought, but I do have a thought though:

Your logic path hinges on jman pushing for me, brazil, and coolest but also having me push for coolest, which seems stupid from a scum team perspective.

You've done a lot of deflecting for Coolest but all of it's more or less fallen under "I'd rather this person." That's the mafia equivalent of a strawman, Nat. Why do you think Coolest is town in a way that doesn't involve you deflecting onto anyone else?
No, my reason for not suspecting Coolest is simple - he has not played in a way that served to protect himself. Why self-vote when he was close to majority? Why push Launch instead of just staying pat on Uzzy, the easier wagon you push? If Coolest is scum that means he's being hung out to dry and bussed hard, because the only people who have gone to bat for him are Maol (flipped town) and me. You're sitting here arguing that I'm somehow deflecting, yet you're the one that hasn't presented a real argument as to why Coolest is scum.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
you Really want us to just forget the ending sequence of yesterday huh? very odd that you want to just drop the most interesting interaction of the day and just move on.
As in I'm still confident in my town reads, so no I don't have any desire to vote Launch or Coolest. That doesn't mean I don't think the day end interactions had no merit, you and Z-Beat staying on the sidelines was telling.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, my reason for not suspecting Coolest is simple - he has not played in a way that served to protect himself. Why self-vote when he was close to majority? Why push Launch instead of just staying pat on Uzzy, the easier wagon you push? If Coolest is scum that means he's being hung out to dry and bussed hard, because the only people who have gone to bat for him are Maol (flipped town) and me. You're sitting here arguing that I'm somehow deflecting, yet you're the one that hasn't presented a real argument as to why Coolest is scum.
Because the more erratic and anti-town the play the easier it is to establish an alibi on why he's still alive.

Besides, you not suspecting Coolest is a lie

Me not trusting Fran and Coolest doesn't equal them being my only scum reads, nor does it mean they're scum together.

As is this
Because of this
Maolfunction Are you really going to wait on Coolest to show before you do anything today?

I'm not sure how I feel about the three players that are at the bottom of the activity pile. I think of the three I would lean town the most on Z-Beat, who at least is trying to push an original bit of thought and analysis, even if I don't agree with the conclusion. Uzzy and Brazil both seem content to go for the low hanging fruit in Coolest currently. I'll start with:

VOTE: Uzzy

You've been around this phase unlike Brazil who is only just showing up, but you really haven't said much and seem hesitant to take much of a stance. Even with your vote on Coolest you seem like you're prepping to back away from it as well. What other thoughts do you have? What specifically makes you more suspicious of Coolest than Maol, despite your vote sticking on Maol D1? You were around and opted not to switch then, and it's not like your vote was even on a leading wagon at the time.
You seemed pretty in on Uzzy for a while, also going back to my whole deal with how you react to criticism at Coolest
Oh I'm aware. Your argument for voting for me is that Coolest randomises his reads though. Which makes it tricky to refute your reasons for voting for me.

And this
Except I've been sitting here saying I suspect they're both town. It doesn't escape me though that you're keen to find someone else to make the decision and not take any responsibility yourself.
Didn't start until it seemed apparent that Uzzy and Launchpad were gonna end up on the hot seat. Almost like you knew that this could only turn out one way, and that you thought that I wouldn't be paying attention to talk beyond the final area because that's what I pointed out at the beginning of D2

But there has been much talk, Nat, and I have listened, through rock and metal and time

There's more but I'd like a rebuttal from you first

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MY point, is that Coolest is self-preservation first and foremost through an anti-town strat. If Coolest is town, scum will leave them alive to sew chaos, and if they're scum, then scum just has to push that "oh that wacky Coolest" angle

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Launch
Uzzy
Coolest

That self-vote is still mighty fucking sketchy to me. I give folks who do that major side-eye. It's like the ultimate form of "I don't care if I die" scum play.

That said, I don't disagree with the rest of your explanation there.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
MY point, is that Coolest is self-preservation first and foremost through an anti-town strat. If Coolest is town, scum will leave them alive to sew chaos, and if they're scum, then scum just has to push that "oh that wacky Coolest" angle
Has Coolest done anything even resembling self-preservation?? Self-destructive is more accurate.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has Coolest done anything even resembling self-preservation?? Self-destructive is more accurate.
Self-destructive IS self-preservation for Coolest. Why would scum kill you if you're always the topic for chaos but mysteriously never end up dying when it comes down to it?

Launch I'd also like you to remember that I said that I thought that they didn't go for you before because you were the tougher sell between non-scum trains, and think about that now in the context of D2 instead of D1

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Self-destructive IS self-preservation for Coolest. Why would scum kill you if you're always the topic for chaos but mysteriously never end up dying when it comes down to it?

Launch I'd also like you to remember that I said that I thought that they didn't go for you before because you were the tougher sell between non-scum trains, and think about that now in the context of D2 instead of D1
Town has been close to lynching Coolest twice now. It does not apply both ways.

Also, I'm going to ask that you clarify that last for me please. Who didn't go for me?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Why were you trying to save coolest over Luanch and uzzy if you had a stronger Town read on uzzy and Luanch it's not adding up Natiko
At what point was Coolest an option after Launch and Uzzy were tied? Because if I voted Coolest we would have just had a three way tie.

Because the more erratic and anti-town the play the easier it is to establish an alibi on why he's still alive.

Besides, you not suspecting Coolest is a lie
Holy shit, you mean reads can't develop over time? I've been playing this game all wrong.
As is this

Because of this
Yes, my read progressed. You can go drag up the quote where I said why Uzzy's vote progression didn't make sense for her to be scum. Do better.

You seemed pretty in on Uzzy for a while, also going back to my whole deal with how you react to criticism at Coolest
This wasn't even to me lol

And this

Didn't start until it seemed apparent that Uzzy and Launchpad were gonna end up on the hot seat. Almost like you knew that this could only turn out one way, and that you thought that I wouldn't be paying attention to talk beyond the final area because that's what I pointed out at the beginning of D2

But there has been much talk, Nat, and I have listened, through rock and metal and time

There's more but I'd like a rebuttal from you first
All of your points basically come down to "BUT AT ONE POINT YOU SUSPECTED THEM". No shit, it's almost like I started the game out with no information and have actually been pushing people, analyzing, and scum hunting. I know you wouldn't think of that though given you've not been bothering to do so.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Town has been close to lynching Coolest twice now. It does not apply both ways.

Also, I'm going to ask that you clarify that last for me please. Who didn't go for me?
I we were close I wouldn't be considered off-train now would I?

And the "they" are the ones who push someone else when it's up against you and someone else, even if the other person doesn't make sense to vote either

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Let me remind the thread the sequence that ended yesterday the vote was 3 luanch and 2 coolestspot and i was going hard for cool. then i laid this out
Tie the vote 3 coolest and 3 Luanchpad. leave someone else to break the tie it will tell us a lot
Natiko Vote coolestspot now someone will break the tie. this will give us a good read tomorrow
Natiko did not bite on this he did not want coolest tied with launch even though luanch was more town to him then coolest and the only other vote that had traction was uzzy who also supposedly was more town on his read-list then coolest
Brazil could force Natiko to decide by voting Coolest too.
Alright, this is the push I needed tbh

Natiko never wanted to bite on tieing cool with Luanch and leaving coolest in danger but right after the tie became uzzy and luanch (who once again was more town than coolest according to Nat)
And then I hit everyone with the three way tie surprise
Except I've been sitting here saying I suspect they're both town. It doesn't escape me though that you're keen to find someone else to make the decision and not take any responsibility yourself.
I'm not going to cause a no lunch you nerd. If it's down to me I'll vote Uzzy because the Launch wagon doesn't feel particularly convincing and if it flips I suspect D3 becomes Uzzy and Coolest Part 2: Electric Boogaloo, but I think she's town so I'm not thrilled about it🤷🏻‍♂️
You really think so? I feel like going Launch leads to a bigger redux

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Let me remind the thread the sequence that ended yesterday the vote was 3 luanch and 2 coolestspot and i was going hard for cool. then i laid this out

Natiko did not bite on this he did not want coolest tied with launch even though luanch was more town to him then coolest and the only other vote that had traction was uzzy who also supposedly was more town on his read-list then coolest

Natiko never wanted to bite on tieing cool with Luanch and leaving coolest in danger but right after the tie became uzzy and luanch (who once again was more town than coolest according to Nat)
As soon as the choice became Uzzy and Luanch Nat went from not talking and not wanting to vote to suddenly contemplating the choice while making it clear he thought both were town to cover himself after the flip.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At what point was Coolest an option after Launch and Uzzy were tied? Because if I voted Coolest we would have just had a three way tie.

Holy shit, you mean reads can't develop over time? I've been playing this game all wrong.

Yes, my read progressed. You can go drag up the quote where I said why Uzzy's vote progression didn't make sense for her to be scum. Do better.

This wasn't even to me lol

All of your points basically come down to "BUT AT ONE POINT YOU SUSPECTED THEM". No shit, it's almost like I started the game out with no information and have actually been pushing people, analyzing, and scum hunting. I know you wouldn't think of that though given you've not been bothering to do so.
Progressed like someone being shot out of a cannon, yes. It's the fact that you're swerving so hard that threw me off, not that you're swerving at all. And you were more afraid of a potential 3 way tie knowing that no one would stand for that than a town mislunch.

And yes, it wasn't to you, but Uzzy IS dead, and you've been playing devil's advocate for Coolest a lot lately, which brings me back to why I'm wondering why you think Coolest is town, not why you don't think Coolest is scum

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Z-Beat how do you view Jman?

I"ll send the reverse read to jman1954goat.

I found this a little sketchy
tunnel visioning on one player you think is scum is not good. my last game midday all of town would narrow focus to one or two players putting no pressure on any other players. scum won that game easy because they where lucky enough not to be the first 2 suspects.

coolestspot is still my suspect number 1 but with 4 hours left I would love to explore other option with players I think could be scum.
considering most if not all of jman's post have been focused on either Brazil or Coolest. That's less for the reasoning of voting Coolest and more for the hypocrisy

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Go take a serious look at the wagons and voters and tell me what a three way tie there does. Uzzy and Coolest abandon the Launch wagon and vote each other again for preservation. Then you're at 4-4-1 and Maol has to break the tie, we end up exactly back where we started. You and Z-Beat suddenly seem much more active and interested in scum hunting today though. I wonder why? It definitely couldn't be that scum need two more MLs and know if they can just push me or Coolest out they can try and flip on the other the next day and reverse course. "Oh Natiko was town? Well that doesn't mean Coolest is, look at how erratic he is!"

Progressed like someone being shot out of a cannon, yes. It's the fact that you're swerving so hard that threw me off, not that you're swerving at all. And you were more afraid of a potential 3 way tie knowing that no one would stand for that than a town mislunch.

And yes, it wasn't to you, but Uzzy IS dead, and you've been playing devil's advocate for Coolest a lot lately, which brings me back to why I'm wondering why you think Coolest is town, not why you don't think Coolest is scum
No, it's just actual progression. You opted to not quote any of the pertinent posts because it doesn't fit your narrative. If the scum team is me and Coolest why would he egg me on and specifically try and make me force my hand? Why wouldn't I just take the easy layup and cause a tie? Or shit, even better at one point with it tied 3-3 Jman offered to break the tie. I could've happily just acquiesced and let him make the pick between the two and I'd get the same result without having to be put on the spot.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, it's just actual progression. You opted to not quote any of the pertinent posts because it doesn't fit your narrative. If the scum team is me and Coolest why would he egg me on and specifically try and make me force my hand? Why wouldn't I just take the easy layup and cause a tie? Or shit, even better at one point with it tied 3-3 Jman offered to break the tie. I could've happily just acquiesced and let him make the pick between the two and I'd get the same result without having to be put on the spot.
Because you knew those would get asked because they're obvious decisions and I know this isn't your first game.

As for what I meant by 0 to 60 progression
Maolfunction Are you really going to wait on Coolest to show before you do anything today?

I'm not sure how I feel about the three players that are at the bottom of the activity pile. I think of the three I would lean town the most on Z-Beat, who at least is trying to push an original bit of thought and analysis, even if I don't agree with the conclusion. Uzzy and Brazil both seem content to go for the low hanging fruit in Coolest currently. I'll start with:

You've been around this phase unlike Brazil who is only just showing up, but you really haven't said much and seem hesitant to take much of a stance. Even with your vote on Coolest you seem like you're prepping to back away from it as well. What other thoughts do you have? What specifically makes you more suspicious of Coolest than Maol, despite your vote sticking on Maol D1? You were around and opted not to switch then, and it's not like your vote was even on a leading wagon at the time.
The Uzzy wagon doesn't feel like something anyone is really pushing against. Dead air, dead townie and all that. Going to push somewhere else and see what shakes out.

Z-Beat You haven't really shared much today (or this game in general - Alexem has as many posts as you and he dead). What are your thoughts? Why not put a vote down? I know before you were suspicious of Maol, any others? Have your thoughts on Maol changed?
I don't exactly have to do mental gymnastics to fit my narrative. There was like one other post in between these two and it was a clarification request

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Because you knew those would get asked because they're obvious decisions and I know this isn't your first game.

As for what I meant by 0 to 60 progression

I don't exactly have to do mental gymnastics to fit my narrative. There was like one other post in between these two and it was a clarification request
Z-Beat... you do know I can read, right? My reads don't progress from me talking, they progress from what other people do and say. There were over 100 posts between those two you quoted. C'mon son, I know you're just ISOing me to try and frantically build a case but you gotta do better.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
You and Z-Beat suddenly seem much more active and interested in scum hunting today though. I wonder why? It definitely couldn't be that scum need two more MLs and know if they can just push me or Coolest out they can try and flip on the other the next day and reverse course. "Oh Natiko was town? Well that doesn't mean Coolest is, look at how erratic he is!"
I keep saying the reason I think coolest is scum is because he is not erractic enough. The same exact thing can be said about you if you and cool are scum all you need to do is get rid z-beat then pivot to somewhere else and the game is over. something has come of as fake about you this last 2 days I just don't like the way you posted during yesterday's end sequance then as soon as the day starts you don't wanna talk about it nobody has questioned you after you became "defacto" leader and it might be our downfall

p.s. very convenient that your 2 scum reads are the exact 2 that sat out of the vote yesterday very easy to convince town this is the 2 that need to go then cruise to an scum easy win.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Z-Beat... you do know I can read, right? My reads don't progress from me talking, they progress from what other people do and say. There were over 100 posts between those two you quoted. C'mon son, I know you're just ISOing me to try and frantically build a case but you gotta do better.
Nat your whole deal was that there was nothing on the town Uzzy side but you skipped out on participating in that entire discussion and didn't come back until Coolest got replaced with launchpad to be like "nah Uzzy was cool all along!"

Also are you gonna answer my question on why you think Coolest is town?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I keep saying the reason I think coolest is scum is because he is not erractic enough. The same exact thing can be said about you if you and cool are scum all you need to do is get rid z-beat then pivot to somewhere else and the game is over. something has come of as fake about you this last 2 days I just don't like the way you posted during yesterday's end sequance then as soon as the day starts you don't wanna talk about it nobody has questioned you after you became "defacto" leader and it might be our downfall

p.s. very convenient that your 2 scum reads are the exact 2 that sat out of the vote yesterday very easy to convince town this is the 2 that need to go then cruise to an scum easy win.
Except I've been scum hunting. All game I've tried to push people, I've shared my thoughts. You look back and tell me what Z-Beat has done this game. I'll wait. I'm not the leader of shit, I'm just posting my thoughts. I'm more available right now than I was for chunks of last phase due to IRL activities. I mean look you're even out here trying to paint me as some inactive that popped up out of the shadows:

As soon as the choice became Uzzy and Luanch Nat went from not talking and not wanting to vote to suddenly contemplating the choice while making it clear he thought both were town to cover himself after the flip.
When I had more posts than both you and Z-Beat yesterday.