Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately Apple has canceled some quality unwatched shows, like Little Voice. They're definitely more patient with series with small audiences, though. It helps (viewers) that they have no real streaming catalog of non-originals to rely on. Any other network/streamer would never give shows like For All Mankind or Little America a second season. But yeah there are a ton of quality shows on there. I enjoyed the first two episodes of Shrinking too.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
In a world where writers rooms are shrinking and studios are routinely refusing to even have entry level positions, it sure is great that Glover goes to bat for the likes of Malia Obama to dabble in TV and figure out if she's even interested. Or freaking Eddie Murphy's creditless son on that Sony Spider-Man spinoff. Must be nice to have the right last name and have folks throw jobs at you.

I know, right lol. You try not be bitter about the whole Nepo baby thing, but it's hard not to be at times like these when art and entertainment is on a death march and opportunities are vanishing

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised. Dropped all episodes towards the end of the year, with little buzz.

deadline.com

‘Kindred’ Canceled By FX After One Season

FX is not proceeding with a second season of Kindred, its drama series based on Octavia E. Butler’s novel, which ran exclusively on Hulu. The news comes a month and a half after the eight-episode first season was released as a binge drop December 13. Launching to largely positive reviews...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OTrIwmdhCE

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised. Dropped all episodes towards the end of the year, with little buzz.

deadline.com

‘Kindred’ Canceled By FX After One Season

FX is not proceeding with a second season of Kindred, its drama series based on Octavia E. Butler’s novel, which ran exclusively on Hulu. The news comes a month and a half after the eight-episode first season was released as a binge drop December 13. Launching to largely positive reviews...
I assumed this was a limited series. And yeah it didn't seem like there was a lot of buzz

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Did they give up on their own FAST service?

variety.com

Roku and Tubi to Launch Warner Bros. Discovery Free, Ad-Supported Channels, Featuring HBO’s ‘Westworld’ and More

Roku and Fox Corp.'s Tubi are set to bring a big bucket of free, ad-supported content from Warner Bros. Discovery to their platforms.

The wording makes it sound like they will have their own dedicated channel via Tubi and Roku, so I think that is their service, they are just launching it as an add-on?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Did they give up on their own FAST service?

variety.com

Roku and Tubi to Launch Warner Bros. Discovery Free, Ad-Supported Channels, Featuring HBO’s ‘Westworld’ and More

Roku and Fox Corp.'s Tubi are set to bring a big bucket of free, ad-supported content from Warner Bros. Discovery to their platforms.

It could still be in the works, but not ready yet and they needed the money from this deal. Interested in watching the back half of The Nev, ers, shame I will have to do so with ads on Tubi.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
TV projects for DC Chapter One

HBO Max Shows

Paradise Lost: Wonder Woman

General Synopsis: A Game of Thrones-inspired fantasy series set on Wonder Woman's home of Themyscira focusing on the Amazon's culture and history.

Release Date: TBA

Waller

General Synopsis: A spin-off series following the mysterious schemes of Amanda Waller.

Booster Gold

General Synopsis: The cinematic introduction of the self-absorbed and time-traveling hero from the future Michael Jon Carter aka Booster Gold first introduced to DC Comics by writer Dan Jurgens in 1986.

Creature Commandos

General Synopsis: A team of military superhumans, including a Vampire, Werewolf, and Frankenstein's Monster fight nazis in World War II. Will be the DCU's first animated series.

Lanterns

General Synopsis: A Green Lantern series featuring both Hal Jordan and John Stweart.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
TV projects for DC Chapter One
Idk anything about Booster Gold, but the rest of that slate sounds good as hell. Hoping the Lanterns show isnt animated.

Edit:
www.hollywoodreporter.com

DC Slate Unveiled: New Batman, Supergirl Movies, a Green Lantern TV Show, and More From James Gunn, Peter Safran

The DC Studios bosses shared 10 projects, talked the exit of Henry Cavill and addressed the potential future of Ezra Miller as the Flash as they introduced a slate of big heroes and lesser-known characters. "The stakes are massive for us and for Warner Bros. Discovery," says Safran.
Lanterns: Greg Berlanti's long-in-the-works Green Lanterns TV series has been scrapped and the duo have parted ways with the longtime DC series steward. In its place will be a new take on the space cops with power rings. "Our vision for this is very much in the vein of True Detective," Safran described. "It's terrestrial-based." It will feature prominent Lantern heroes Hal Jordan and John Stewart and is one of the most important shows they have in development. "This plays a really big role in leading into the main story we are telling across film and TV."
giphy.gif

Sounds like this will be very good

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Idk anything about Booster Gold, but the rest of that slate sounds good as hell. Hoping the Lanterns show isnt animated.

Edit:
www.hollywoodreporter.com

DC Slate Unveiled: New Batman, Supergirl Movies, a Green Lantern TV Show, and More From James Gunn, Peter Safran

The DC Studios bosses shared 10 projects, talked the exit of Henry Cavill and addressed the potential future of Ezra Miller as the Flash as they introduced a slate of big heroes and lesser-known characters. "The stakes are massive for us and for Warner Bros. Discovery," says Safran.

giphy.gif

Sounds like this will be very good

Sounds like they wanted something less expensive than the other series that was going to be more space based, lol. As long as they conjure cool shit with the ring, I'm in. One of the DC characters I know the least about.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
"The Power is our world, but for one twist of nature. Suddenly, and without warning, teenage girls develop the power to electrocute people at will. The series features a cast of remarkable characters from London to Seattle, Nigeria to Eastern Europe, as the Power evolves from a tingle in teenagers' collarbones to a complete reversal of the power balance of the world."

The Power will premiere on Friday, March 31. New episodes will follow each Friday through the season finale on May 12.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax1TJngN90w&t=100s

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the audience for FAST networks is.

My parents still watch cable TV, they are the audience that watched Big Bang Theory or watches season 8 of Law & Order etc because they just turn on their TV and press up/down on channel and it works.

They will never, ever figure out FAST networks. They barely can run Netflix, forgot about installing yet another app and figuring out its own different user interface.

Kids? They all watch youtube/twitch, I can't see anyone under 20 wanting to go watch Westworld on FAST.

so... who exactly runs these free ad networks off Tubi, Roku, etc. I know my LG TV has a ton of random ass "apps" that has tons of content, similar to Plex, and I know those things must have viewers but I have yet to meet anyone who says they watched something on those things. I could spend all my free time just watching random stuff on Netflix or HBO or Amazon, I guess if I don't want to pay for any of those things and in a future where account sharing is severely restricted...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

My parents still watch cable TV, they are the audience that watched Big Bang Theory or watches season 8 of Law & Order etc because they just turn on their TV and press up/down on channel and it works.

They will never, ever figure out FAST networks. They barely can run Netflix, forgot about installing yet another app and figuring out its own different user interface.

Kids? They all watch youtube/twitch, I can't see anyone under 20 wanting to go watch Westworld on FAST.

so... who exactly runs these free ad networks off Tubi, Roku, etc. I know my LG TV has a ton of random ass "apps" that has tons of content, similar to Plex, and I know those things must have viewers but I have yet to meet anyone who says they watched something on those things. I could spend all my free time just watching random stuff on Netflix or HBO or Amazon, I guess if I don't want to pay for any of those things and in a future where account sharing is severely restricted...

Apparently they are growing fast, with Pluto TV and Tubi doing well for Viacom/Fox in terms of the ad revenue they generate. I know a few of my co-workers have mentioned watching stuff on there.

I think of it as a way for people who have cut the cord or never plugged it in the first place to just have something going. Works well for background/laundry TV, a free option for those who don't want to pay for a bunch of streaming services.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

I know a bunch of people who like them. Stoners, people who just want to chill out after work, my mom has Paramount+ and if something like I Love Lucy is on she'll nap for a while with her cat and leave it on. There's also a bunch of people with messed up finances who can't use paid streamers. They're great for them.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like it could be a good time.

I've started using these more and more often lately. They are good for older genre films and random low budget stuff on the movie side, and for TV it is where I go when I just want to watch something.

I noticed that I rarely watch anything, TV or movies, on a premium streaming network unless it is something bespoke to the platform itself. A few weeks ago I was just browsing Freevee(what a name) and started watching Desperate Housewives(for the first time) for no real reason, I can't remember the last time I watched anything on Netflix that wasn't a new original production for them, a bunch of new shows(and occasionally movies) come out, I mark the ones that interest me, watch some of those, almost certainly not having the time to watch all of those, rarely getting the chance to get through anything of note I missed before the next batch of new stuff arrives.

Pluto/Tubi/Freevee/whatever are just like: "Here's Desperate Housewives if you want to watch, I don't care."

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I know some people who like FAST networks. I actually try them out myself and it might be a bigger part of my viewing had I not been grandfathered in to a cable subscription with a discount or if I was the only one paying for streaming services that I watch. They're great for when I'm not giving my absolute full attention to something.

Young Dexter? Did not see that coming lol.