9wilds

Jan 1, 2022

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know it came out. Didn't hear anything about it at all and at some point I thought it was dropped. I'm still disappointed about the whole situation. Such a shame.
The spinoff just finished its second season at least. I'm sure it's fine in the CBC kind of way. lol
Maia + Roland Bloom sucking on Fentanyl lollipops. Can he practice in NY for the show Elsbeth lol
She became awesome right at the end and then wrote her off to Poochie land. Sad.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I listened to an interview with the show runner today, I believe he said the first season is the first two books in the series and there are three more books to adapt
Yeah, I checked. They adapted the first book in 3 eps and the 3rd book is like 10 pages shorter, so 10-11 eps season 2 should be enough to cover the rest.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Didn't they say MODOK was cancelled months after release?
It took them a year to cancel it. Released May 2021 then cancelled May 2022.

The spinoff just finished its second season at least. I'm sure it's fine in the CBC kind of way. lol
I didn't even know the name of the Kim's Convenience spin-off until right now. It's called Strays for those who don't know and it's about Shannon (Simu Liu's character's gf from the car rental place) moving to Hamilton from Toronto.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It took them a year to cancel it. Released May 2021 then cancelled May 2022.

I didn't even know the name of the Kim's Convenience spin-off until right now. It's called Strays for those who don't know and it's about Shannon (Simu Liu's character's gf from the car rental place) moving to Hamilton from Toronto.
Yeah she works at the humane society or something? I don't really know anything about it. lol

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
What a weird decision, a space opera feels like a much better fit for Green Lantern than a terrestrial detective show, why not use The Question or Tim Drake for that?
It's very expensive. David Zaslav does not like expensive shows unless they are Game of Thrones. He likes to run things under budget. Gunn probably pitched something a lot cheaper to make than what Berlanti wanted so they parted ways with Berlanti.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't watch much of this, only about 10 minutes, but I thought it was pretty awful. Guess network comedies just have different standards.

Have watched three episodes and it really has not been funny. There have been a couple of scenes where I've chuckled, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Obviously it doesn't have the talent of the first. Will probably still watch for a bit, hoping it improves. But right now the jokes just feels too forced.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
It's very expensive. David Zaslav does not like expensive shows unless they are Game of Thrones. He likes to run things under budget. Gunn probably pitched something a lot cheaper to make than what Berlanti wanted so they parted ways with Berlanti.
I get that, what I don't get is why they didn't drop the Green Lantern idea entirely and make the terrestrial detective show about someone else? Like someone who's an earth based detective and not a super powered space cop. Someone who doesn't require cgi constructs to show off their powers would be even cheaper and Green Lantern can get a movie instead.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I get that, what I don't get is why they didn't drop the Green Lantern idea entirely and make the terrestrial detective show about someone else? Like someone who's an earth based detective and not a super powered space cop. Someone who doesn't require cgi constructs to show off their powers would be even cheaper and Green Lantern can get a movie instead.
Who would that be that's also well known? From the summary of it, it seems this will backdoor a lot of stuff for DCU. I'm thinking sorta like with Loki/Kang. So I can see something like we will see Hal/Jon show up in the movies with their full powers/red carpet treatment............at some point.

Side note: Hearing comic book ppl talk about the Authority has gotten me hype for it. Van and the Ringerverse pod were gushing over it and how it was like the "grandfather" to several comics.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think there is anything about this that would preclude a proper GL space epic movie later.

But I also think he deserves the benefit of the doubt here- Gunn is an uber-comic nerd so he definitely knows about The Question, etc. At this point we have few enough details that I'm willing to trust there is a good story reason why they are using two GLs for this particular story.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Lol. And some of you were worried...

Now people will just say it's going to get canceled after the second season. Always the same thing around here lol.

Gave it two episodes and dropped it. Was nice seeing the old cast, but beyond that it did nothing for me. Glad those that enjoyed it will be getting more though.

tvline.com

1923 Renewed for Season 2

'Yellowstone' prequel '1923' has been renewed for Season 2 — get details.

Great news. I'm absolutely loving these prequels. Some day I might actually watch the main show too!

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
With this being the new strategy for streaming services to sell off some of their content (and like HBO and Paramount+, I'm guessing Disney+ might have it yanked from their services as well), I'm curious to see what sub numbers will look like in the next year or so.
It is noted the call is next week and it is likely Disney will still have primary say on things. Plus they kinda already do this with 5 Days at Memorial and Criminal Minds Evo.

Plus they already licensed things to Tubi/Pluto.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The streaming business makes no sense to me. If this ends with Marvel shows on Netflix again in 5 years, I'll laugh.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
is Reacher any good? I keep getting random clips of him just beating up a bunch of dudes on youtube, I guess it's intriguing in a "john wick badass beating baddies" way.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
is Reacher any good? I keep getting random clips of him just beating up a bunch of dudes on youtube, I guess it's intriguing in a "john wick badass beating baddies" way.

I mean its not 'good' in an award contender sense. But its well made and the supporting cast is good and Alan Ritchson is terrific as Reacher

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It's like one of those old 80s shows where some beefy former military all-American guy finds corruption and trouble in a small town and drama ensues, except more violent and slightly more progressive.