• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how we got Crash's set of games last year, I could only imagine that it will be Spyro's turn soon enough.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Pul-eeeeze! We all know what everyone really wants a modern version of...

Stampede_Coverart.png

Who needs Red Dead Redemption 2?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
"Releasing" is the key word here. The only way Spyro fits into the equation is if Acti were extremely confident in the N. Sane Trilogy and greenlit a Spyro equivalent before the former had even been announced, which is rather unlikely.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Skylanders has one foot in the grave this has to be Spyro.

My "too optimistic for my own good" guess is Metal Arms though.

Pretty please Activision? :(

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
MW2 sounds like a safe bet, although I could also see it happening alongside a possible MW4 next year. CTR also sounds quite possible. If we're also talking about add-on content I'm expecting Mob of the Dead Remastered as a Season Pass/Special Edition bonus for Black Ops 4.

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Although it's Kotaku, I'm hesitant to take LKD at her word as the sources are presumably her own and she has a spotty track record when it comes to software.

True, I'm just hoping that she cleaned up her act in that regard after joining a website that when they report a rumour, you know it's pretty much happening.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I chuckled when I say this thread pop after the day we had with the other remaster thread.

I'm down for Spyro for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
Their rights to that expired a few months after THPS5 released.
From what i understand they have the rights to the IP, they just need Hawk to sign a deal. Hawk said himself on twittet this week:

"To anyone asking me to 'remaster" old games, or complaining about THPS servers being down: Activision owns the THPS license but I am no longer working with them. If I had the skills / authority to reboot servers or code games for newer systems on my own, I would be happy to..."-Tony Hawk

Destroyer

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
I hope they bring back Stewart Copeland for the Spyro trilogy. They just wouldn't be the same without his iconic score.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Anything for Switch, Activision? Mine is collecting dust right now but you can save it by releasing a Spiderman Collection for it. Don't forget to include Shattered Dimensions.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is kind of the last time they can go to that well with good results, right? No one's clamouring for Modern Warfare 3 remastered or anything like that.

That's assuming this is about CoD and not the Spyro rumor.
It's gonna be 10 years in the fall since WAW came out. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get WAW. Can't believe nobody mentioned WAW. Lol