• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Their youtube channel has been slipping lately. Still no debut videos of Brian or Cole leaving all those views to uploads from others. They would have gotten a decent chunk of change from youtube on those considering they probably would have gotten a million views each atleast.

I was looking too. Wonder if it has to do with it being a PPV and some timed-exclusivity rights.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Some of that Yukes jank is pretty noticeable in those animations, but considering it's still nowhere close to coming out I think it looks pretty good overall!

The issue is with the transitions specifically, because the actual animations of each move look super expressive.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if the game isn't coming until a year from now, that's still a lot of time for polish. I know game development and product design aren't entirely the same thing, but when I'm designing new features at work, the vast majority of what I show is wireframes and medium-fidelity prototypes. At best, I might do a couple of key screens in high-fidelity comps if I need something for an executive review.

That's how I've been looking at the little bit of footage they've shown so far–medium fidelity footage to show progress. I actually like that they're showing work in progress, though admittedly they could be a little more clear that it's actually work in progress footage. I'd much rather see this, than something that looks good now, but won't be representative of the final product.
Fair enough. I guess one thing we don't know is how early this footage is. Someone earlier mentioned it looks exactly the same as the footage shown months ago technically and I have to agree. We also don't know officially when it's coming out, but the target seems to be late 2022. I'm not sure whether AEW plans to self publish this game or shop it around to different publishers, but I'd like to know what platforms it will be available for. They should probably hold off showing it until it's a more finished product too.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I know milestones still need to be met, but I think it's probably a little easier when the company Yukes is making the game for is also the publisher.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kenny said when it was revealed that it'd be on all current gen and last gen consoles, and back in July he said that it'd also be on PC.
Ah ok. I wonder what system this footage is from. Entirely possible this is PS4 footage. It seems quicker than the recent Yukes WWE games at least.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So how long is Jeff's contract for? I can't believe for a god damn minute it was his decision for that 24/7 title shit.

Dude has constantly fought drug abuse to come back in great shape and this is how management treats a hall of famer? WTF

Give me one last insane match of Hardy's vs Lucha with Lucha retaining. Would be incredible TLC match

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
200.gif

Kenny said when it was revealed that it'd be on all current gen and last gen consoles, and back in July he said that it'd also be on PC.
YES!!! Day 1 for me. Hopefully they have a good single player campaign and gm mode.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I would much rather they make their game so it runs at 60fps on Switch and it can be 4k60 on every other console. Or 4k120 on PS5/XSX. They have a big roster to make, moves to animate and all that. No one should be expecting some AAA EA Sports $250 million juggernaut fueled by 1000 people crunching for 2 years.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

YES!!! Day 1 for me. Hopefully they have a good single player campaign and gm mode.
I'm expecting a pretty bare bones game. If there is a single player mode it probably won't be much more than a ladder style set of matches where you win the title at the end. I doubt you'll get a gm mode. I just hope weapons are in the game and some backstage areas.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I would much rather they make their game so it runs at 60fps on Switch and it can be 4k60 on every other console. Or 4k120 on PS5/XSX. They have a big roster to make, moves to animate and all that. No one should be expecting some AAA EA Sports $250 million juggernaut fueled by 1000 people crunching for 2 years.

Yep. Really need to keep expectations in check and also remember what is most important here. When people have been pining for a successor to the old AKI games, the focus isn't on something with AAA tier graphics and performance.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
So how long is Jeff's contract for? I can't believe for a god damn minute it was his decision for that 24/7 title shit.

Dude has constantly fought drug abuse to come back in great shape and this is how management treats a hall of famer? WTF

Give me one last insane match of Hardy's vs Lucha with Lucha retaining. Would be incredible TLC match
Pretty sure he re-signed like last year or early this year.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting a pretty bare bones game. If there is a single player mode it probably won't be much more than a ladder style set of matches where you win the title at the end. I doubt you'll get a gm mode. I just hope weapons are in the game and some backstage areas.
Which wrestling game was it that you could irish whip the wrestlers into the backstage area and fight all over the place in different parts of the building? That was my favorite game. I never played the N64 wrestling games.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Man I really like the look of that new gameplay clip.

Obviously needs work in some areas, clipping and animation transitions in particular, but the game is at least a year out, probably 2023 in reality with so many of the new additions lately.

You have to delay this to add guys like Punk and Danielson, not even up for debate, DLC does not sell that well, so delay the game and boost the sales.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
If it's that the case, I'd hold off on it til I got a PS5 then.

Sidenote: YES more DO rift happening.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which wrestling game was it that you could irish whip the wrestlers into the backstage area and fight all over the place in different parts of the building? That was my favorite game. I never played the N64 wrestling games.
I remember the earlier smackdown games you could fight to different backstage areas and even into the streets of NYC by the WWF restaurant. It was awesome.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Bruh I've only just listened to the full version of Danielson's theme (couldn't catch much during the show given the pop but did like what I caught) and holy shit. It's fucking perfect.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Colt Cabana walking Uno to the ring on Dark, it's weird that he didn't have a Dark singles match on all those dates they were in Chicago.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I know it's all stupid bullshit, but imagine being the geek that uses the "bigger than they ever were" line days after Ruby Soho's AEW debut. When did WWE make her career? I must've missed that.

lol

Who's this woman with Janela?
Her last name is like Rossi. I believe she is friend with Jade irl, may be another fitness model. Last match she came out with him and powerbombed his opponent after the match.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's all stupid bullshit, but imagine being the geek that uses the "bigger than they ever were" line days after Ruby Soho's AEW debut. When did WWE make her career? I must've missed that.
The only one that the argument that WWE made them could be made for is Danielson and even then the only part of that he owes them is they're the biggest company in the world and they hired him. He is completely responsible for getting himself over. Left up to WWE he never would've gotten over there and that's pretty much true of every star that company and Vince supposedly made.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Glad they gave Lee a proper match to show-out and Joey is the perfect opponent for it. Janela is super unselfish and makes people look great.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I imagine after the Cody feud is over, Black for some reason will feud with Jericho.

I also kind of imagine the reason the Nightmare Family is getting more TV time is because they're probably going to feud with the Pinnacle next.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Ok. So I don't say much about it because there's enough discussion about it, but goddamn. This diamante v swole feud is easy fucking money that could've been on dynamite, and having this end on a special match type on Dark...booooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.