CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of theaters doing it. Did a quick look on AMC's site and couldn't find anything about this.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll do it if none of the movies (including Infinity War) are in 3D. Of course that won't happen though so I'll just continue my rewatch at home

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be super into a double showing of Black Panther and Infinity War just to finish up the rewatch right

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
You know, if my dine in theater with the giant, reclining chairs does this, I might consider it. I can skip Hulk, sleep through Ironman 2 and Thor 2....

But more than likely I would just do a week long marathon the week leading up to it at home.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I figured this would be a thing (I did it for Avengers 1), but this just seems completely impossible. My heart goes out to any employees forced to work rediculous shifts just to keep this dumb thing going.

But at the same time, if I wasn't working - of course I'd try to do this.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It's super fun

Plus I had missed Thor 2 and TWD in theatres in their first run so I got to see em on the big screen which was nice.

It's not as hard as it seems.
It just sounds super exhausting!

Like I don't even know if I'll be as awake for Avengers 3 as I would want to be if I go to one of those marathons!

Still, it sounds like a blast. But I don't know if my state will even get a marathon showing close by.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean... I'm doing a full marathon of every film and episodes from every TV series.

But over the course of two months. In my house. With alcohol.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It just sounds super exhausting!

Like I don't even know if I'll be as awake for Avengers 3 as I would want to be if I go to one of those marathons!

Still, it sounds like a blast. But I don't know if my state will even get a marathon showing close by.

I was worried too but when I did it for AoU I was fucking wired when we finally got to it. It was great.

Jombag

Nov 12, 2017
Fuck no. I would be bored as hell cus I watched these movies a million times already. Well except for Thor 2

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
If you ever wanted to know what Comic-Con smells like here's your best chance outside of the real thing

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Me and my friends are already gonna do this but spaced out in phases and in our homes with the blurays.

I couldn't do 30+ hours in a row

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That sounds absolutely awful. Having one movie per day leading up to IW sounds a hell of a lot more appealing.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
A good marathon IMO for some of the "essentials" relating to Infinity War:

The Avengers
The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Civil War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnorak

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Huh, if they're showing them in order I can skip the most recent 4 films and get a solid 8 hours of sleep. Plus I'll have an excellent seat when I wake up and Infinity War is on!

Is there a list of AMC theaters participating? I have a strange feeling the one in my city won't be doing it.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They're not including the Netflix shows with this?

Or AoS?

Or Runaways?

Or the one shots?

latest

I actually don't know how someone makes it through a marathon like this. I would just die. I do hope those who are going have fun though.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
If this took place where I lived and I had at least 2 friends who wanted to do it I totally would.
Yeah. Only event thingy I did was Thor and Avengers leading to Dark World. If I had a few geeky friends willing to do this I'd jump at it. Would be a cool experience imo. And I'm one of the few who think they're all at least good. I don't fall asleep at the movies like a select few either so I'd be fine.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I would attend if there was a 31 hours marathon here in Brazil. I don't see that happening at all thought. Based on my sleeping patterns, just fuel me with Monster and coffee and I'm good to go.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
A good marathon IMO for some of the "essentials" relating to Infinity War:

The Avengers
The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Civil War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnorak

It sucks that BP won't be out on Blu-ray in time.

Though it may still be in some theaters lol

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I once spent 30 hours in Disneyland (with no sleep. The 2am hour was the hardest). I could probably do this. But I can watch all of these at home so...