makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I do not envy the olfactory senses of anyone going in there after this finishes

Nerd hygiene, not even once

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I once watched Rogue One and then put in a New Hope right after and that almost killed me. Anyone who has movie marathons is one crazy mothafucka.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to include all the Netflix shows too. And Inhumans. And Agents of Shield. And Agent Carter. And Runaways.

I mean to be authentic and go the whole way. Should only be about 100 hours or so, right?

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just take a nap during IM3+Thor 2 with another quick nap during Dr. Strange and it should be no problem.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I once went to an Alien Marathon and was completely knackered afterwards. 31 hours of movies and then watch the new one? I don't think people are gonna appreciate it much after 31 hours.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Twin-Bucket-Emergency-Toilet.jpg

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are they charging by the movie?

That's minimum $180 to see a bunch of movies you've already seen in a very uncomfortable way.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Or you could watch them all in the weeks leading up to the midnight screening and not see Infinity War for the first time in some kind of fever induced haze.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These kind of marathons are beyond pointless. Like when there's channels dedicated to marathoning the entire The Simpsons, X-Files or whatever series. Is there anyone who will sit there for 24+ hours without taking a break? Will it be anywhere near enjoyable even if you do? No fucking way. It's only good to generate some free ads by people talking about it, there is no way anyone will sit through all that and have a good time. Pointless shit is pointless.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
These kind of marathons are beyond pointless. Like when there's channels dedicated to marathoning the entire The Simpsons, X-Files or whatever series. Is there anyone who will sit there for 24+ hours without taking a break? Will it be anywhere near enjoyable even if you do? No fucking way. It's only good to generate some free ads by people talking about it, there is no way anyone will sit through all that and have a good time. Pointless shit is pointless.
I did in 2015

I had fun...

Didn't miss a single flick and had a blast getting to AoU at the end.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did in 2015

I had fun...

Didn't miss a single flick and had a blast getting to AoU at the end.

But it was significantly shorter back then, wasn't it? Most of us are nerds here, we definitely can pull long sessions of watching stuff or gaming. Hell, I watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans every year. But by the final hours I'm a fucking wreck, I'm still enjoying the race but I also wish it was over already. And that's 24 hours in which I also do a lot of other things. Can't imagine not feeling like dying after 30+ hours of movie-watching tbh.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
But it was significantly shorter back then, wasn't it? Most of us are nerds here, we definitely can pull long sessions of watching stuff or gaming. Hell, I watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans every year. But by the final hours I'm a fucking wreck, I'm still enjoying the race but I also wish it was over already. And that's 24 hours in which I also do a lot of other things. Can't imagine not feeling like dying after 30+ hours of movie-watching tbh.

29 hours.

This one is clearly not gonna be all of them as it's only scheduled to be 31 hours

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I love the MCU, but without doubt this is torture. Has anyone died during a insane film marathon? I am proper curious.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, you could take naps through the ones you wanted to skip. I love sleeping in cinemas, but I never want to waste the experience. This is kind of appealing...

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I know is I had a blast

That's good to hear, in this case I was glad to be wrong :) Though part of my original point remains. I think FXX did a The Simpsons marathon a while ago? Over the course of like 2 weeks? Nobody is going to sit through that, they'd literally die. I know that wasn't really the point, but being able to jump in or out at any given time, but had they schedules it differently (with like, say, 10 episodes per day on repeat until the next day) you would have had decent chances of someone watching all of them. After a while, common sense should prevail.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't try to do them in a marathon, but after I (hopefully) get tickets on Friday I plan on rewatching all the movies at my leisure over the next month.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Read this as "AMC Threatens To Run" at first and that might be more accurate.

A single 3 hour long movie is pushing it for me, honestly.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
This was on r/movies:
"Hell, even for the first avengers where they just did iron man 1 through captain America that theater was FOUL. I can still remember it vividly to this day. We made it about two movies before we bailed to go eat real human food and see the sun again before going back in for two more and when that theater door opened after we'd been out in the fresh air....holy shit. Just imagine the few guys you see at every comic book movie; the unwashed greasy hair, graphic t-shirt stretched to busting on their gut, the never ending back and forth referencing of obscure comic panels etc. Now extrapolate that to where it's a few hundred of them and all they've eaten for 12 hours is stale popcorn, bottomless soda, candy, and whatever passes as "food" from the the concession stand. There were so many painful wet farts taking place in that theater that I don't doubt they had to swap the seats after the showing. People taking their shoes off, people laying down in the side aisles. The dregs of humanity at their worst surrounded by their enabling or indifferent peers. Never again."

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Only marathon I did was FOTR + TTT before ROTK.

It was cool, don't think I'd do anything longer than that again though.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I'd only do this if I could get some friends together, but they would need some convincing.

Also, I assume you can just leave whenever you want right? If you have a ticket you could just come and go at anytime during the 31 hours.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
If i were to attempt this, I'll watch it a recliner type of theater and a aisle seat were i can stand up during the movie and not be in viewer's way

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Thor and Ironman 2 were great movies, change my mind. /Sip coffee
It's not worth trying to argue with a crazy person /s

No but seriously Thor 1 and 2 and Iron Man 2 and 3 are so damn bland/mediocre/forgettable. Felt the same way with Doctor Strange actually despite the visuals.

Dec 2, 2017
I did this before with Age of Ultron and it was a bit of a nightmare by the end, wouldn't do it now with even more movies to watch.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That... kind of sounds like absolute torture.

You mean I have to sit through Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Age of Ultron and Ant-Man on top of being stuck in a musty theater with strangers jacked up on Red Bull?

I'll stick with my plan to marathon these over the course of a month at home with friends and the better half so we can talk shit about AoU in hygienic, comfortable peace.